Ralf Rangnick | ex-interim manager | does anyone rate him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
One goal Ralfy!

He wasn't going to change us overnight. You can see slow changes happening but it still has a lot of the old traits from our old playing habits, such as too many sideways passing and slowing play down unnecessarily. Hopefully he irons out this shit.

Godfather

Not surprised we are still rubbish. We overachieved under Ole with this squad. Ralf is going to find out pretty quickly that this squad is mainly filled with players who are never going to be good enough to challenge for major honours.

De Gea saved us again. Same old story.
We overachieved? What did we achieve? What absolute and utter nonsense.

MattofManchester

What is it with our midfield and defence conceding so many chances in every game under every manager so far?

It seems like defensively, our players are so disorganized and all over the show.

Against Palace we looked so much better in those first 30. Held our lines well and played as a team.

This was back to the usual of us having defensive gaps all over the show.

He's got a big job on his hands to stop the flow of chances through our midfield and defence.

Real Name

Okay, tonight was abhorrent from him. He made himself look like a proper Ole there and I do not say that lightly. I'm starting to believe that McKenna is whispering in the managers ears

It's either that or he's bad. Probably a bit of both.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
He's clearly starting out playing mostly Oles team and making similar subs. I think we see some interesting changes in the next game.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Not being harsh has he needs more time, but that second-half was very poor. No pressing, players not knowing what to do with the ball, make odd subs.

We don't look scoring under Rangnick either. Fred gets a call out of nothing last week, penalty this weekend. Needs to improve improve a lot here, looked like Ole was still in charge.

No metal rock football, that's for certain.

RUCK4444

This game was a complete and utter shocker.

Its hard to compute how this team has been preparing all fecking week to go out and serve up that tumescent, negative, gutless performance.

We deserved nothing from that game. Every player to a man showed zero composure or ability for that matter.

Zero and I mean ZERO trace of a press, no cohesion in our passing and our offence that supposedly ‘play in moments’ aren’t even doing that. There is no chemistry between them.

I’m angry at the moment because that was a worrying performance, the players showed almost zero desire and the formation does not seem to suit the players whatsoever.

Revan

Assumptionman
Not worried at all. The defense looks much better, the attack will come in due time with more training sessions. It is clear that we have changed completely how we play, and we are overtraining the players.

The results will come.

RedDevilRoshi

Not going to lie but was worrying how he thought Rashford merited the full 90 mins. Hooked off Sancho who was far and away the least worst out of the front 4.

Felt like Ole was still in charge.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Worrying to say the least.

Part of the problem is that we are so inured on counter attacking play that we dont know how to pass to beat teams sitting back.

Castia

He’s not had much time but Jesus the early signs aren’t looking good we dont even seem to have that new manager bounce. 30 minutes against palace was ok the other 2 and a half games have been worse than Ole.

Greck

Don't care how much people hate them, I want Pogba and Martial back in the squad.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Not being harsh has he needs more time, but that second-half was very poor. No pressing, players not knowing what to do with the ball, make odd subs.

We don't look scoring under Rangnick either. Fred gets a call out of nothing last week, penalty this weekend. Needs to improve improve a lot here, looked like Ole was still in charge.

No metal rock football, that's for certain.
We did miss a virtually open net and Ronaldo missed another good chance early in the first half, but apart from that creating chances is still a pretty major concern.

Ted Lasso

I was really surprised by last weekend. Today is what I originally expected. A new manager has come in with a very different style and approach of playing the game. It was always going to take time. While the attacking prowess has been gash we do see a more consistent shape and defensive awareness. We were leaving goals like a sieve. Any good coach will target that first and in that sense we're starting to notch clean sheets and the grinding wins is a bonus.

SB16

It's unsurprising that we didn't quite hit the heights of our pressing game vs Palace (being at home also helps). But, hopefully, this is the sort of game that teaches RR more about the team and the characteristics of the players than the first two.

Dion

Manager who has only had a week with the players in "getting inconsistent performances which closely resemble the performances the previous 2 managers got from the same players" shocker.

It was properly ridiculous after the last game where people were saying we had aa clear and obvious plan and we were better going forward etc. but it's equally ridiculous to expect much of a change after 1 week.

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
3 years of bad habits and cluelessness will take time to sort it out.

Horrible performance tonight though, must be said.

Ralph1386

Anyone has an explanation as to why Rashford lasted the full game and Bruno almost did as well, even though they were both dreadful?

AshRK

I think he is prioritizing the clean sheet more and will happily take 1-0s for now but performance was poor. We have to up the game.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Still early days, but it seems he can't get the team to play any attacking football at all. But still, 2 clean sheets in 3 games, isn't too bad for steadying the broken ship.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
Two criticisms, though one may not be by design. Firstly, why keep hooking Sancho when he's the best of 4 attackers? Unless there's fitness issues, it beggars belief. He's looked Rolls Royce on the ball and barely gave it away.

Secondly, why have we gone so deep again? That's why we conceded so many chances today, second to everything and just stood off their attackers allowing runs all over the place. Maguire is fecking useless too.

Godfather

We finished 2nd. Ralf or the next manager won't get anywhere near that with this squad.
Well yeah Ralf took over a team that was sitting on 7th place and since then won both of his PL games.

This has been shit today but to think that Ole overachieved is absolute nonsense. I'm sorry but I can't comprehend how you'd come to that conclusion. We won feck all with Ole who spent half a billion pounds.

izec

He’s not had much time but Jesus the early signs aren’t looking good we dont even seem to have that new manager bounce. 30 minutes against palace was ok the other 2 and a half games have been worse than Ole.
we would have lost today under Ole, see Watford

Sviken

Two criticisms, though one may not be by design. Firstly, why keep hooking Sancho when he's the best of 4 attackers? Unless there's fitness issues, it beggars belief. He's looked Rolls Royce on the ball and barely gave it away.

Secondly, why have we gone so deep again? That's why we conceded so many chances today, second to everything and just stood off their attackers allowing runs all over the place. Maguire is fecking useless too.
His subs were baffling and 1:1 with Ole. This is what worries me the most. Hopefully this is McKenna thing before Rangnick gets to know the squad and evaluates, but keeping Rashford in the game, subbing Sancho for Greenwood in the 60-70th minute and giving Donny his obligatory 2 minutes of playing time is classic Ole.

SeanyC

This I put on the players, not on Ralf! Adjustments are needed but I thought with a week on the training ground they could have put in some of Ralfs philosophy today! Clearly lots more to do and I can see some of these players gone next year. Ralf is no bullshiter he says it how it is.

Real Name

But that's actually true, I said it after last week, the only difference between previous game and the way we played under Ole was the intensity, and we surely are not going to play like that every few days.
It takes time. You surely don't expect to see huge changes in such a short time?
2 clean sheets is a nice change for a start. Baby steps.

I see cafe is in its usual patient mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.