Ralf Rangnick | ex-interim manager | does anyone rate him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Telsim

The state of some of you. Unless Rangnick is carrying a pocket black hole and is using it do dilate time around Old Trafford, it's literally impossible to make changes in a week, or even a month. Klopp's first season at Liverpool was unimpressive. His players were unprepared, both physically and tactically, for his style. I guess according to this logic he was a terrible choice and Liverpool should have stuck with Brendan Rodgers? Get it together... Christ.

Greck

In my opinion, Rashford has looked lost out there lately and should not be an automatic starter. He’s off the pace and often makes bad decisions and bad passes. Don’t see why Bruno gets dropped but not Rashford. I think they should both be dropped.
He shouldn't. Also had terrible linkup play till he was moved to the left. There's no point playing a striker with poor linkup in a 4222. I'd honestly go back to 433 when everyone is healthy. If we don't it can't be Rashford starting.

Westerkerk

I read Gabby Agbonlahor said on ShoutSport we are no different under Rangnik and is yet to be impressed... yet only recently I also heard him talking about how managers should be getting more time...

I shouldn't be shocked anymore at how these ex footballers keep bagging jobs where they get paid to speak, but I constantly am.

Greck

I read Gabby Agbonlahor said on ShoutSport we are no different under Rangnik and is yet to be impressed... yet only recently I also heard him talking about how managers should be getting more time...

I shouldn't be shocked anymore at how these ex footballers keep bagging jobs where they get paid to speak, but I constantly am.
Don't take it out on them, it's their job, problem is some of our fans take after this foolishness. Rangnick is an interim. He is to be judged on one standard and one standard alone. Stopping the bleeding started by his predecessor. We're higher on the table, stopped shipping goals and may actually finish in a CL spot. He has improved us, even his style of play is starting to show in patches. Whether his football clicks or not within the timeframe is irrelevant because he won't be here in 6 months. Some proper thick individuals talking long term goals about a freaking interim manager. It's a situation the club can't lose because there's quite frankly nothing to lose. Anything we gain in trophies, CL qualification, improved play is a bonus when talking interims.

Foxbatt

Don't take it out on them, it's their job, problem is some of our fans take after this foolishness. Rangnick is an interim. He is to be judged on one standard and one standard alone. Stopping the bleeding started by his predecessor. We're higher on the table, stopped shipping goals and may actually finish in a CL spot. He has improved us, even his style of play is starting to show in patches. Whether his football clicks or not within the timeframe is irrelevant because he won't be here in 6 months. Some proper thick individuals talking long term goals about a freaking interim manager. It's a situation the club can't lose because there's quite frankly nothing to lose. Anything we gain in trophies, CL qualification, improved play is a bonus when talking interims.
And have an idea how to play football under a proper structure of the team.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
I didn't see the game but I'd like to think that, contrary to what Rangnick claims, all Man United players in the match day squad were "physically present".

allen7

Until Dec 30, we have relatively easy fixtures (6 games) and according to me, 1 draw or 1 loss is acceptable due to the busy period.
15/18 points means he’s doing good.
West ham play arsenal next, they don’t win means we are stepping into top 4 with a win against brentford

Shunty

Supports
Man it’s
Barely two weeks in and people are quickly saying how poor this managers tactics are and that it looks like ole is still here.
Ralf is a complete breath of fresh air but he cannot work miracles, to me it looks like he’s aged a year already and he’s only been here for three weeks.
There are so many deep rooted issues with this team, and it stinks that McKenna and phelan (who nobody can actually tell me what he exactly does) are still here is baffling.

I’m a realist and if ralf finishes 7th I do not care if he does better it’ll be a fantastic job done by him. I back this manager ten times over than these players who have thrown managers under the bus time and time again.

Total change is needed from top to bottom and that takes time, hope he gets rid of these 200k plus a week players and gives them to Eddie Howe who I think has been given a poisoned chalice at Newcastle. Give me a player that fits into a system on 50k a week striving to get to 100k any day, rather than these players on massive wages.

I’m totally on board with ralf, I’m all in.

Reactions: Cheimoon

LazyGoal

He has been here just over a week and you say no progress has been made. What could possibly happen in a week???
Agree. My impression is a lot of posts and pundits are agruing that progress has allready been made. Thats why I wrote what I wrote.

On that note, you could say that Ole’s two first games had much clearer sign of progress than what we have seen now.

With that said, we now have about 10 games where we should get good results. Lets hope a new play system emerges, and that will comme good for us when we play the top teams in january.

Hoof the ball

The criticisms of Ralf are very strange indeed. Very strange.

Did he, or did he not, at the very beginning of joining the club, expressedly state, in public, that (1) this was a very unfortunate period in which to attempt to implement his vision, and (2) that such an implementation of his vision would necessarily take time? He did, didn't he?

That's why It's completely and utterly baffling when sporadic individuals completely contradict his statements and then judge him on the basis of a period of time in which he himself said it wouldn't be implemented by.

Red_toad

I didn't see the game but I'd like to think that, contrary to what Rangnick claims, all Man United players in the match day squad were "physically present".
I think if he's going to Manage the team long term, he's 100% going to have to get a lot of younger players in who'll accept the work ethic he's going to demand from the team. I don't believe our established stars are going to be crazy about having their work ethic coming up as an issue every week. Jose and Ole both stated the squad weren't fit enough and despite 5 years between them to sort it they never really did. Or maybe it's an excuse? Who knows.

Greck

Agree. My impression is a lot of posts and pundits are agruing that progress has allready been made. Thats why I wrote what I wrote.

On that note, you could say that Ole’s two first games had much clearer sign of progress than what we have seen now.

With that said, we now have about 10 games where we should get good results. Lets hope a new play system emerges, and that will comme good for us when we play the top teams in january.
Ole's first 2 games are irrelevant right now. Maybe we can play parallels when we get an actual permanent manager. All that's relevant right now are his last few games. The progress in our playstyle is already there. They are trying actual passing combinations and patterned passing. It's failing but the attempts are evident. The attempts however will be helpful when we get an actual permanent man for the role so the players have a clue.

Daengophile

Hopefully we are witnessing the demise of the football primadonna. They can all go to PSG as far as I'm concerned and play powder puff football, have their grapes peeled for them and their tears wiped up when their hair goes out of place.

I would much rather have players who put in a full 90 minute shift and don't let their foot off the pedal

If they lack the real desire to play for United then January is the month

Daengophile

We need a bit of patience. Comments about why Phelan or McKenna are still here, why McFred is starting, why Donny is on the bench, why Rashford/Bruno are playing terribly, why the players didn't press as well yesterday etc. Rangnick has been here barely over a week, the performance yesterday likely surprised him as much as anyone and he's still learning about the players and they about his systems. It's probably going to be a tricky couple of months before we start to see real progress.
I think you are right.

It's clear that RR has studied what he has at United in detail. You can also see that he gets an in depth understanding of the opposition from his interviews. I'm sure he gave the last Carrick side the nod over a couple of matches to give it a chance to perform.

Some time in the next few weeks we will see his side emerge. For sure there needs to be some changes in personnel and attitude

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Bye bye Marcus
Ahh the new scapegoat I see :lol:

Anyway, Ralf should stay as interim as planned and we get in Pochettino and hopefully he can bring Verrati with him as well. Ralf is doing a great job so far changing the footballing philosophy these players has known the past few years. It will take some time for it to fully integrate and hopefully the result will be not having our playing fall back to the bad habits we have seen under ole, where we had no pattern of play or organizatio.

Real Name

Agbonlahor is not impressed.

Ok time's up, close the club.

giggs-beckham

Clueless
The state of some of you. Unless Rangnick is carrying a pocket black hole and is using it do dilate time around Old Trafford, it's literally impossible to make changes in a week, or even a month. Klopp's first season at Liverpool was unimpressive. His players were unprepared, both physically and tactically, for his style. I guess according to this logic he was a terrible choice and Liverpool should have stuck with Brendan Rodgers? Get it together... Christ.
The black hole would slow our time compared to the outside world meaning less time to train etc.

Stacks

Anyway, Ralf should stay as interim as planned and we get in Pochettino and hopefully he can bring Verrati with him as well. Ralf is doing a great job so far changing the footballing philosophy these players has known the past few years. It will take some time for it to fully integrate and hopefully the result will be not having our playing fall back to the bad habits we have seen under ole, where we had no pattern of play or organizatio.
How so? I mean what have you seen so far?

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
He's gotten an extra week to coach. That is if the training ground re-opens.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Handled that Martial question very professionally and in a SAF-like manner.

Man is all business.

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
Supports
Rangers
I think Ralf must look at some of Utd's squad and think "What do you contribute on matchday?". He will want to streamline the squad, getting rid of the high earning older players who never play. I know it is early days but I hope he stays in charge for a while and introduces some young eager players into the dressing room. I would love to be a fly on the wall at Utd's training sessions and witness the lazier players getting pushed to their limits.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I think Ralf must look at some of Utd's squad and think "What do you contribute on matchday?". He will want to streamline the squad, getting rid of the high earning older players who never play. I know it is early days but I hope he stays in charge for a while and introduces some young eager players into the dressing room. I would love to be a fly on the wall at Utd's training sessions and witness the lazier players getting pushed to their limits.
I don't know, I like the idea of him as an interim coach + then pushing him upstairs to still have a decent say in sorting the wider issues out. In terms of flat-out coaching and having a clear philosophy, he seems great. He seems like a football rainman, which is exactly what this club has needed for a while. But as an actual manager to win trophies, does he have that to his game? Probably not. Which is why it seems all his spiritual successors: Klopp/Tuchel/Nagelsmann - have all been more succesful at the highest level.

alexthelion

Anyway, Ralf should stay as interim as planned and we get in Pochettino Ten Hag and hopefully he can bring Verrati with him as well. Ralf is doing a great job so far changing the footballing philosophy these players has known the past few years. It will take some time for it to fully integrate and hopefully the result will be not having our playing fall back to the bad habits we have seen under ole, where we had no pattern of play or organizatio.
That's better

matt10000

Assume people forget Liverpool when Klopp took over...
Yes I think a lot of younger, not all by any means, ‘people’ have completely unrealistic expectations and entitlement in football and in life. Success is a given, has to be instant and concentration spans are less than five minutes and a lot can’t make it to the end of this post let alone read an entire book.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
ummm wonder how long it'll be before the weird **** of Ole-outers stop blaming every bad performance under Rangnick and the next permanent manager on Ole ...
This is hilarious considering Ole's bad performances were blamed on the toxicity left behind by Mourinho and the negative impact Jose had on our team (lack of fitness, park the bus play style, bad transfers). Can't have it both ways.

Ixion

This is hilarious considering Ole's bad performances were blamed on the toxicity left behind by Mourinho and the negative impact Jose had on our team (lack of fitness, park the bus play style, bad transfers). Can't have it both ways.
For 3 years. Getting over signing Lukaku and Sanchez took a 3 year rebuild apparently since they're the only worthwhile Mourinho signing that Ole sold.

Last edited:

Godfather

ummm wonder how long it'll be before the weird **** of Ole-outers stop blaming every bad performance under Rangnick and the next permanent manager on Ole ...
Don't know but the "weird **** of Ole-inners" never stopped blaming God and the world on the utter dross Ole served up for three years. Wonder if they will show the same patience with Ralf or the next permanent manager.

Foxbatt

Don't know but the "weird **** of Ole-inners" never stopped blaming God and the world on the utter dross Ole served up for three years. Wonder if they will show the same patience with Ralf or the next permanent manager.
You must be joking? They have already started it.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
Is everyone either an Ole-inner or Ole-outer by definition, or are these fringe groups few of us would identify with?

Status
Not open for further replies.