Ralf Rangnick | ex-interim manager | does anyone rate him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The United

It is hard to blame on RR for not subbing as he has no deep midfielder though he should have kept tighter with getting DVB or Lingard on earlier and changed the shape.

We need a midfielder as I have been saying in this window. Otherwise, we could be well out of CL spot before Feb.

This game is more or less like the last game. It was just that they could not find the net back then. Not trying to sub or change the team shape was a problem for both games. We were lucky to get away with it on the first game.

captaincantona

It's weird how he even outlined the problem after the last game but just watched on in the second half as Villa started ripping us apart.

It's like the managers resist to the the right thing, and even weaken the team.
DVB for Cavani was the sub every fan could see was needed. How did Rangnick think Greenwood needed to come off?

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
I was really hoping we'd seen the back of 88th minutes substitutions after changes had obviously been needed for 25 minutes after Ole went. I really was.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Atlético licking their lips watching that second half performance.

Season is done.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
So we finally follow suit and hire a german ‘high press’ manager and it turns out to be a dud? Typical, just United’s luck these days.
:lol: Honestly. The Professor with all his ted talks and the style of football looks barely any different

rooney2009

Terrible game management
He had to bring DVB on for Elanga
It’s like He hasn’t been watching UTD

Cardboard elk

Supports
Rosenborg
Ole was outplayed and outscored comprehensively against most teams this season.
Both Ole and Ragnick would have had success if not for the clubs problem, loss of winning culture and players not giving their all.

None of them are bad managers imo. You could hire Pep with Klopp as an assistent and still it would not be enough.

Club needs direction. You do not have it.

binary bot
The minimum a manager can do is stop every winger at the club being a greedy cnut. It's maddening.

flappyjay

It is hard to blame on RR for not subbing as he has no deep midfielder though he should keep tighter with getting DVB or Lingard on.

We need a midfielder as I have been saying in this window. Otherwise, we could be well out of CL before January.

This game is more or less like the last game. It was just that they could not find the net back then. Not trying to sub or change the team shape was a problem for both games. We were lucky to get away with it on the first game.
Donny did more than fine on Monday when he came on and just having that extra body would have been helpful. He said it himself on Monday that we gained control when donny came on.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
It’s bad. The good news is we don’t have to care anymore. We’re not getting top four and we don’t want to be in either of the other two European competitions.

ash_86

How an experienced coach cannot see we are being over run in the middle and bring in a midfielder? It's pathetic management. Don't think he's the one, for sure.

soapythecat

We needed to shore the midfield up but what were his options? Our midfield is absolutely woeful and results like tonight will continue until we get some more quality. RR made mistakes tonight, but he can't magic a decent midfield up. We were overrun in centre of the park for the 300th game running.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
If you thought Ole was clueless, I don’t know what this German hipster is. We were getting overwhelmed down that right side and yet he doesn’t make the most obvious sub bringing on Lingard for Greenwood after the second goal.

mav_9me

It is extremely disappointing to see us this disorganized every game. I don't care about the results. For me there has been 0 improvement in our organization and structure with him. All over the place every game, even when we are leading 2-0...wtf?

Poor from Rangnick would be an understatement

flappyjay

The minimum a manager can do is stop every winger at the club being a greedy cnut. It's maddening.
Are supposed to win every game by 4 goals. We were leading by 2 with less than 20 minutes to go.

Woodenlung

There's certain elements of our game which are improving under Rangnick. The high press led to our second goal and in general we looked dangerous on the transition. But our energy level, or our concentration or whatever just went to pot after 30 minutes and we never recovered.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Yeah, I fell for the hype too. Exposed so far, poor team selections, odd formations, crap game management.

Not shown anything of his supposed qualities. I wonder how he sold himself to Murtough and Fletcher, it's rather worrying.

Hopefully we can clean house without CL next season and build something with a manager who has a clue.

Lewnited

Didn't have a particular problem with how he set us up initially today, but leaving Fred, Matic and Cavani all on for 90 minutes was absolute gross negligence. All three of them had the touch of a trampoline for the entirety of the 2nd half, and they couldn't get anywhere near their counterparts. For all three of them to finish the game was absolutely amateur.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Both Ole and Ragnick would have had success if not for the clubs problem, loss of winning culture and players not giving their all.

None of them are bad managers imo. You could hire Pep with Klopp as an assistent and still it would not be enough.

Ole harvested player power and feck all tactics. The problem he created will go on to the next manager let alone this one.

CloneMC16

Fraud. His subs are as shocking as Ole's. Way too late when everybody can see we clearly need them. This guy is nowhere near as good as people made him out to be.

We did see another good 30 minutes, but he doesn't make changes when they're clearly needed.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
If you thought Ole was clueless, I don’t know what this German hipster is. We were getting overwhelmed down that right side and yet he doesn’t make the most obvious sub bringing on Lingard for Greenwood after the second goal.
Bewildering decisions, Villa spotted the weakness and went all out down our right and we just let it happen. Maddening.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Its the players. They are terrible.

Only Bruno and De Gea are any use. The rest of the squad aren't up to it.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
I can't wait until May.
At least then we get to hope again until the new manager fails

PoTMS

Why are we wasting time with him? He's not getting us top 4. Get the new manager in now.

Sviken

Starting to lose my patience with him. I understand the job is hard and there is a lot of work to do, but some of his decisions have been, quite frankly, baffling.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

We haven’t had a top manager since sir Alex, Klopp and Pep are top managers, if we got one we would improve.

IhabX7

I’ve been very skeptical of him before he signed. Of course we don’t know what’s happening at the training ground, but what is evident is that his team selection and substitutions are absolutely dreadful.

Ronaldo's ego

Incorrectly predicted the 2020 US Election
I'm better than Messi (even though I'm not)
Talk is cheap eh. Says the right things but doesn’t translate it to the pitch, utterly incompetent in-game management today. Bangs on about controlling games but throws away a two goal lead because he simply ignores the fact we’re getting overrun.

The United

Ole got thrashed by Watford, lost to Youngs boys and outplayed most game this season. This is definitely much better despite the result and performance
Well yeah at the end of his time.

Ole generally did not lose points or got decent performances to go on to win in second halves. Which is total opposite here in term of goal scoring and performance like we don't even play 2nd half enough more. Which is very concerning and will get trashing at some point.

Last edited:

Rajma

Shouldn’t mention a word control in the post match, when he refuses to make the obvious decisions that can help to get hold of it. Not subbing one of the attackers for Donny once we scored our 2nd was inexcusable.

Dan_F

Ole got thrashed by Watford, lost to Youngs boys and outplayed most game this season. This is definitely much better despite the result and performance
Ole was outplayed and outscored comprehensively against most teams this season.
We just got outplayed twice in 5 days by the same team. Watford only scored 4 after we had a man sent off, they had scored 2 before that point - the same as Villa scored today. Young boys a man sent off and an absolute howler in the last minute.

If we’re playing Chelsea, city, Liverpool in the last three games it would be an embarrassment similar to Ole.

Abhinav

Another manager who appears to be passive and is averse to making substitutions. Fred should have been substituted early in the 2nd half, Cavani was tired and ineffective. 2 substitutions late on, if you didn’t know better you would think Ole was still in charge.

Status
Not open for further replies.