Ralf Rangnick | ex-interim manager | does anyone rate him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Castia

Happy with that tbh

Not only do we get an experienced coach for the season but going forward this could be a great move having a footballing brain around key decisions.

UncleBob

Ralf talks more about being the genius of gegenpress than Rene talks about turning ronaldo into the best player in the world

OmarUnited4ever

Because he likes players who will press from the front. Klopp and Tuchel are influenced by him. Rashford isn't that kind of player. Doesn't even track back
Rashford is willing runner in behind, maybe his work rateit doesn't show with Ole's dysfunctional style, but under a meticulous and demanding coach like Ragnick, he would definitely make him run his socks off.

Lyng

This is such a great move. The perfect interim manager to build a great foundation for the future. And even more exciting if we get him as a consultant for the two following years. His influence can really help turn our entire structure in the right direction.

USREDEVIL

There's so many players in this squad who will just simply not cut it under a proper tactical regime. And they can get in the bin, I want a new era of actual football.
I got your back Judas ;)
A lot of these players are just not cut out for the amount of work that a top team needs to show day in and out. Quality is not enough these days.

Josh 76

This is proper exciting.
I agree. It’s like for the first time since the glory days, Utd and building from the foundation.
Hopefully in a couple of years when it will start to come together, Pep and Klopp will be on their way out too. Happy days!

Nick7

Really not wanting to sound like an asre, but you do know a DOF is completely different from a manager. His recruiting of players and planning a strategy over 10 years is very different from what he is being asked to do now. What he did was amazing, but the pressure from a 4th tier German team is very different from United now.

Has he managed the likes of Ronaldo before, no. Does Ronaldo do high press at age 36, no.

I get that everyone is excited about the godfather of high press take over for a bit, but there are a lot of questions to be answered.

I think he'll be the fix for 6 months as the players will respect his immense knowledge over OGS, but I just have some questions
I was just letting you know why he hasn’t coached.

JebelSherif

Supports
Huddersfield Town
This is such a great move. The perfect interim manager to build a great foundation for the future. And even more exciting if we get him as a consultant for the two following years. His influence can really help turn our entire structure in the right direction.
I agree, but with one proviso: is he a strong enough character to tell a certain Club Ambassador to keep well out of the way?

P.S. I wonder where he will park his car....

SplitzMagic

He's probably on the phone to Werner right now about joining the new prem RB mannschaft.

The Oracle

I now await to see, whether or not the Press and Media pundits' assumption about us is actually true...

The assumption being that we have, "The best squad in the league"

We will find out if that is indeed the case... because Ralph is going to light a fire under the player's asses!

baskinginthesun

Brilliant news! At least we have a decent core group of players who should be able to adapt to the press that's going to be required of them. Might be a very different starting 11 in a couple of weeks time.

Laurencio

I agree, but with one proviso: is he a strong enough character to tell a certain Club Ambassador to keep well out of the way?

P.S. I wonder where he will park his car....
If there is one thing you don't need to worry about with him, it's him being humble and cautious in his interactions with anyone.

R'hllor

Why is there an air of cynicism about literally everything on the CAF. Like we can never be happy, always got to have a dig somewhere
Because you have to be a sheep to not see through that corp tactic bullshit, first Ed is going, then news about him staying like that would cheer us up after sacking Ole and now suddenly shit comes out how he wanted RR back then, knows him etc. You do know that they recruited that cnut journo (dunno whats his name) to be their PR guy.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
I can't help but worry this is not a confirmed thing. Part of me thinks it might be a way of smoking Poch out of his PSG hole. Because Ralf could easily lead to ETH, not to him.

Dazzmondo

Does Pochettino really play with a high line/high press anymore, though? I surveyed the Spurs fans on Fighting Cock and Reddit and they were mostly of the opinion that he abandoned it after the second season due to burnout/player's aging/squad shallowness, and hasn't shifted back to those early days since.
Yes, he does. If the Spurs fans are saying otherwise about his time at Spurs they're wrong. More likely just their way of trying to explain how their performance levels dropped off so much in his final season. At PSG the pressing has been far less impressive but I suspect this is moreso down to the players not being willing to run as much as he's asked them to. The front 3 in particular do nothing out of possession. I can understand why Poch would want to leave since almost a 3rd of his outfield players won't do what he wants them to. It's not that big of a deal if 1 player doesn't press as intently but having 3 or more not doing that job is a big issue.

Gilgamesh

Supports
Bayern, and others
If that's true, then congrats to United. In my opinion he is one of the very best there is, shown by his continuous success everywhere he has been. I wanted him recently for the German national team. I think the only reasons he has never been at a massive club are his nerdy appearance and his requirement for getting full control of the whole football operations of a club.

But since he is particularly good with young players and at implementing his tactics, there could be a very positive lasting effect from his stint, even if it is only for 6 months. His tactics are in fact pretty similar to Klopp's, and I would guess that even Jürgen might admit that Rangnick has the original copyrights. Looks good to me.

TheLiverBird

It’s his way or the high way which the United dressing room needs

Those players that have been rolling in late and players that just haven’t been putting in enough effort (most of them) are about to get a rough shock.

I understand Ralf is the moderniser of the German pressing style football…..that’s all great….but what has he won with his management??

Saying that, bizarrely I think his no nonsense approach is probably just as important at this stage for this United team. It could be a real smart move from the legend that is Ed Woodward

We need an rvn

I was just letting you know why he hasn’t coached.
Exactly my point - you're putting forward a "coach" who hasn't coached, on top of the fact he hasn't coached players of this calibre before - in the Ronaldo-esk calibre and Poch seems to be struggling with that at PSG

I'm all for it, I just don't get the euphoria about him given he's been a DOF for so long and he came up with a philosophy of football that is now used by Klopp etc - Cruijff came up with total football, if we still alive should we have signed him up instead?

I'm 100% sure the players are going to come out fighting and we'll improve on Ole though

Judas

Open to offers
In theory, if we actually embrace his approach and thinking, give him control, could potentially be the most exciting appointment since Fergie retired.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Guess your board looked at Klopp, then looked at Tuchel, and thought "Hey, we also want a annoying German guy who likes to talk way too much". Well, you've got one now. Prepare to get lectured by the "professor"...

Would be curious to know what the "consultancy" after the interim management will end up being, but I'll guess we never know. It's the kind of work that will be hard to discern on the pitch.
Perhaps a bit like Sammer's role at Dortmund these days? Sit next to your DoF on the stands, look concerned and talk agitatedly while the team loses? @do.ob

In all seriousness though, if your board is planning to hire Pochettino in summer, Rangnick as interim, and also as some kind of squad-planning consultant, should work fine. Rangnick's idea of football should work well with Pochettino managing, it's a good fit of style.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
Because you have to be a sheep to not see through that corp tactic bullshit, first Ed is going, then news about him staying like that would cheer us up after sacking Ole and now suddenly shit comes out how he wanted RR back then, knows him etc. You do know that they recruited that cnut journo (dunno whats his name) to be their PR guy.
Wow

UTD_Since_1978

As I view this thread for the first time, 24 pages is bit too much time consuming for me to read but I'll give my take at the risk of repeating others on here.

First off, not impressed by his average (at best) win % in German football, I think Ole's win % at UTD was far better & that's really saying something.

I notice that he doesn't like Shaw, I now wonder which other UTD players he doesn't like & hopefully won't pick namely Martial, Maguire & McFred.

I also notice some people are saying he won't pick Ronaldo, he would be a fool if he did that.

I am hoping that he will have our talented group of players playing as a team instead of hoping & relying on certain players to produce a magic moment or two to win matches for us.

I also hope he doesn't do an "Ole" & form a "mates club" where certain players (you know who you are) are in the starting XI every game even if they are not doing the business on the pitch.

Let's hope he can fix UTD & quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.