Ralf Rangnick | ex-interim manager | does anyone rate him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

edgecutter

You could have pep in charge and it still wouldn't fix this mess of a side.

Rashford and maguire are like a protected species at the club, any manager coming here has 2 hands tied around their back.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
what's funny about it? He got a reprieve at the weekend as we got a win (a underserved win but a win nonetheless)
Yea so where were you lot when we won? That shows your bias, only want to criticize but nothing when we get a win.

MoskvaRed

Not great (as his pre-United record suggests in terms of head coach rather than DOF) but he did pick up the reins from probably the worst impostor of a manager United ever had.

sirAlexsglasses

Some of you are a disgrace. Its not his fault he inherited a mess left by an amateur of a predecessor, and not to mention a squad of overpaid primadonnas.
Thank god……some common sense, so sick and tired of these disgraceful shocking posts.

PoTMS

How dense of a person do you have to be to see what he's come up with in the last 3 months and think - yeah, I wouldn't mind more of that, get him in on a perm! Feck me, if you don't laugh at the lack of ambition in some of these fans, you'd cry.

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Not much he can do, but he has been a disappointment. I can see why he's not a coach anymore and I think this will have an impact on his role here, I don't expect him to have much influence.

Zoo

The only thing I’ll criticise him for is leaving it too late with the subs. It’s clear the second half we were drifting and falling into their traps. Cavani should have been on earlier to be on the end of more chances.

tomaldinho1

It's funny how quiet this thread was after we beat Spurs (couldn't even find it in the main page) but now that we've lost the trolls are out.
Becoming as ridiculous as the Poch thread. Ragnick set us up quite well tonight, we just don’t have enough goal threat, despite that we had chances and their goal should never have happened.

He’s an interim, he’s not getting it full time but he’s saddled with some real crocks of players.

Knightmare7

Once again a very in-depth response by a clueless fan who probably thought we’d compete for the title this season

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
He has been terrible. He hasn't shown anything at all. His subs are awful and starting Maguire ahead of Lindelof is idiotic.

lex talionis

The only player management decision by Ralf I could quibble with was bringing on Rashford and subbing off Bruno. Bruno was poor tonight, but Rashford was obscenely poor.

Mike Smalling

I’ve defended him a lot, and I generally think his working conditions are awful, but subbing Rashford on today was a remarkable mistake. It was so predictable how shit he would be. It actively made our chances of winning smaller.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
The protection this guy gets is a joke

Even if you think it's unrealistic to expect him to have the same impact Tuchel had at Chelsea what about clubs like Palace and how different they look under Vieira as oppose to Hodgson? What has RR improved here? We aren't defending any better, we aren't controlling games any better, we're worse going forward. But let's protect him because he's the hipster choice people wanted and not face the reality that he's a fecking fraud and has no place advising the club on anything

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Without the benefit of hindsight it was probably the right call. Bruno was awful.
Bruno had assisted in every single CL game he had played until tonight. If we were ever going to score (especially against tired legs), it was going to be him providing it.

Flexdegea

Some of you are a disgrace. Its not his fault he inherited a mess left by an amateur of a predecessor, and not to mention a squad of overpaid primadonnas.

Why I don't get the grief he getting.

Have they been living under a rock. He literally had to manage a squad that was prob as low as ever after that period before Ole was sacked. Then having to deal with the overpaid cry baa and squad mutiny it would seem, which was still carrying on just the other week, and people's literally leaking stories week in week out. Total circus.

I'm not sure what people where expecting. If anything he stopped the flooding a bit.

Never seen a squad with so many players out of form most the season, and look like they want to be somewhere else.

The abuse he is getting is mental, he literally the least of our problems at the moment

The_Midfielder

Becoming as ridiculous as the Poch thread. Ragnick set us up quite well tonight, we just don’t have enough goal threat, despite that we had chances and their goal should never have happened.

He’s an interim, he’s not getting it full time but he’s saddled with some real crocks of players.
He is useless .. Is he even better than Ole
How many times did we come back under Ole..
We would have found better interim managers than this retired guy

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
They aren’t better though. Worry about your own wobbly head.
They are absolutely shite. Shaw has been rubbish, and if you think we lost the game today because of Telles and Dalot you may as well close the browser.

abailey123

The irony of Scholes laying into Rangnick here tonight on BT yet defended Ole for 3 years!

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Yea so where were you lot when we won? That shows your bias, only want to criticize but nothing when we get a win.
No it's depressing enough analysing games when we lose I'm not going to depress myself after we win that would be fecking mental.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Have a lot of time for him and he's improved us.

Having said that, starting Maguire was questionable, having Ronaldo drift out to the wings constantly was a clearly bad idea, and having fecking Rashford anywhere near the pitch was just gross incompetence.

Knightmare7

Literally all Rangnick does is lose. Out of every competition under him, can’t touch a top 6 team, thinks losers like Dalot and Telles are quality, more team dysfunction, and still no tactics. This team has deep issues and he was never going to magically fix it all, but there should’ve been some sense of direction. He’s completely lost

L1nk

He is useless .. Is he even better than Ole
How many times did we come back under Ole..
We would have found better interim managers than this retired guy
Like who? The point of this appointment really is the consultancy afterwards

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Has Mata played at all under him? I mean seriously why bring him on?
It was an admission of error. Nobody can do what Bruno does and when you take him off it becomes more obvious. He brought Mata on to try and get someone on who can pick a lock. But he should have just left Bruno on.

acnumber9

Bruno had assisted in every single CL game he had played until tonight. If we were ever going to score (especially against tired legs), it was going to be him providing it.
I get it. Sometimes it’s better to leave on your threatening players but he didn’t have the nerve to take off a midfielder at that stage of the game. Bruno could have no complaints at being hooked. Especially if we factor in that he’s just had Covid.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
This. Its not just the fans though. Scholes is tearing a new one on Rangnick. Yet he refuse to name who built this hot pile of garbage

VanDeBank

Ma’am
Garbage manager. I dont understand any of the praise he's getting. Because the squad has some primadonas leaking to the press? Are they the reason he keeps picking Maguire and bringing on Rashford?

InspiRED

Supports
Outraged snowflakes
I’ve defended him a lot, and I generally think his working conditions are awful, but subbing Rashford on today was a remarkable mistake. It was so predictable how shit he would be. It actively made our chances of winning smaller.
We looked good in the first half and predictably gassed in the second. He had to bring Rashford on there's not exactly a wealth of options, believe me I wish there was a better one than this version of Rashford. But his high energy style needs subs with energy.

I think he's a great coach, a clear upgrade on Ole, but arguably we need the best of the best right now and is he that? Not sure he has the aura for it.

Having said that it pisses me off seeing Scholes lay into him so much after defending Ole for whole seasons. One of my preferred ex player pundits but the double standards need calling out.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Have a lot of time for him and he's improved us.

Having said that, starting Maguire was questionable, having Ronaldo drift out to the wings constantly was a clearly bad idea, and having fecking Rashford anywhere near the pitch was just gross incompetence.
Despite that, I guarantee you the next manager plays Maguire and Rashford.

El Jefe

He's been fecking shite, hopefully that brings an end to the love-in for him that was strangely developing here.

Status
Not open for further replies.