Ralf Rangnick | ex-interim manager | does anyone rate him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zen86

I’ve been saying it for 2 months. Ralf is an absolute fecking clown.

Glazers, Arnold and Murtagh are clowns for hiring him.

The players shouldn’t be listening to him. Naive enough to take Dalot, play him on the left (when Dalot is awful defensively anyhow) against Salah? Our tactical mastermind.

The players are clueless, dejected, unhappy and spoiled. Ralf has to take responsibility for that in my mind, at least partially.
The notion that Rangnick, after 5 months, can’t be held accountable whatsoever for the miserable and hopeless state of these players, is the most laughable thing I’ve seen on here. And there’s been some clangers.

Long Time Red

How anyone can blame Ralf for this is beyond me. We have a terrible squad of players, half want to leave, the other half aren't good enough. The manager and coaches who built this shower have left the building. We now have an interim who didn't bring anyone in during the winter window... Yet it's all Ralf's fault.
No one said it's all Ralf's fault.

But seriously, the fans could vote for the first 11 and the players train themselves and it will still be better than this.

No one expects us not to get beat tonight.

But even a League 2 side would have managed to have had a shot in 45 minutes of football.

crossy1686

career ending
Ralf can be shit as well mate. Plenty of blame to go around.
I agree, the whole stint has been underwhelming, unless of course he manages to somehow get 4th then it was a success technically.

Despite his inability to get anything out of them the blame firmly lies with the players and their 7 constant failings regardless of who the manager is.

UncleBob

Ralf has been the manager for 5 months now. He hasn't got a tune out of a single player. He keeps picking the same overpaid dross week after week. His win percentage is 40 fecking %. Stop making excuses for this loser.
We're also getting worse, which is usually a bad sign.
Our xg and xa in open play against Watford in our 3-2 win against them was the same as when they won 4-1, funnily enough.

Eddy_JukeZ

People are rewriting history this season if they think Ralf is a big downgrade on Ole.

This season was over a long time ago.

Some of the crushing defeats we suffered and we kept Ole in the job leading to more crushing defeats killed the morale of the squad.

Then players either left on loan or got arrested and the squad weakened.

Ralf isn't a good manager, but the team has collectively given up.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
I know, what a cnut for not playing Messi, Modric and Kante when they're all sat on the bench. It's like he's doing it on purpose now!
Newcastle
Wolves
Villa
Middlesbrough
Burnley
Southampton
Watford
Everton
Leicester

Believe it or not you don't need Messi, Modric and Kante to beat that lot.

Skills

Snitch
The notion that Rangnick, after 5 months, can’t be held accountable whatsoever for the miserable and hopeless state of these players, is the most laughable thing I’ve seen on here. And there’s been some clangers.
Tbf, this is a fanbase that believes managers can't be held accountable until they've had at least 5 years.

L1nk

Looks like this was one time Paul Merson was spot on. Its not enough for Ralf to keep pointing out our shortcomings as we knew them anyway. His job was to surely get us to play some sort of system and I've seen no evidence at all of that.

Tonight he basically gave the game up before it started
Whilst he hasn't done the best I don't undertstand how you can say gave the game up before it startesd. Aside from putting Sancho or the academy kids on what is he supposed to do when a lot of players are injured, Pogba himself comes off injured and Ronaldo isn't here for obvious reasons. We have a squad bereft of any numbers and quality players. Blame the recruitment team of the past 10 years or whatever it is that we are in 2022 and we are still having to field Jesse Lingard and Phil fecking Jones

MrSingh2002

I don't blame him one bit, the players are the ones who are embarrassing him (and themselves), but hopefully Rangnick will have the last laugh.
I agree. I hope Rangnick outlasts every player in today's lineup barring Elanga and Dalot who deserve a chance.

Aretak

we have no hope for this season why keep playing departing players? why dont just give the kids a chance at least that would serve ETH to see how ready they are or not
Because throwing a bunch of kids out to get battered every week whilst being "guided" by sulking loser senior players would potentially be harmful to their development. This isn't their mess and Ten Hag isn't going to learn anything from seeing a bunch of teenagers thrown to the wolves because the guys earning hundreds of thousands of pounds a week can't be bothered to even break into a jog. Playing the kids won't be the answer next season, so it's better to have laid bare what a bunch of absolute wasters these players are and how desperately they need to be replaced.

Skills

Snitch
People are rewriting history this season if they think Ralf is a big downgrade on Ole.

Some of the crushing defeats we suffered and we kept Ole in the job leading to more crushing defeats killed the morale of the squad.

This is correct. There's a reason other clubs never let the situation as bad as we did under Ole.

PoTMS

Newcastle
Wolves
Villa
Middlesbrough
Burnley
Southampton
Watford
Everton
Leicester

Believe it or not you don't need Messi, Modric and Kante to beat that lot.
Honestly, the excuses made for this guy are ridiculous. Thankfully, we don't have to hear it for much longer.

el3mel

Just a bad season all round, but I do think the best elements of Ole were played/moral management. When he lost that he got sacked.
Was it ? Ole's treatment of players like Rashford, making him undroppable and immune to the bench ended up inflating his ego and ruining him.

He had his favorites who always played no matter what while other players will be left rotting on the bench watching his favorites stink the place and still getting kept. That's not a good management.

The problem is Ralf has been a shit interim. I see the idea behind his appointment. It wasn't bad. Unfortunately, he turned out to be a fraud.

izec

Bang average manager, but he was only here for the short term.

However, Klopp and Pep wouldnt get this current team playing and pressing. They would exchange most of the squad over time. It is just how it is.

Ten Hag next season will have some job to do to get us to top 4.

OverratedOpinion

Ole is not good enough to manage Manchester United. Based on all the evidence we have he is better than Ragnick. Ole probably would have gotten a run out of this squad where we looked decent as he tended to.

If Ragnick played an important role in getting ETH and he ends up being good then it was worth it. If we could have gotten him anyway then we may as well have kept Ole for the rest of the year.

redshaw

I'm sure even he is surprised how defunct the player group is. The mental side to pick them up is beyond him, he just isn't that type of guy, there's a lot more going on than some lack of coaching which many said was the problem. I was concerned he would not get on well them before joining.

All we can do is hope this upfront experience to assess will help us in the long run. It's like finally lifting the lid on the stink that cost a hot steaming billion. The board and owners need a thorough raking over the coals.

What Ralf has said is what I've been saying for years on how the likes of City Chelsea etc go about their setup.

Last edited:

DSG

Can’t keep blaming managers though… how many managers has these bunch of amateurs thrown under the bus? They literally play for no one but them selves. There getting paid thousands and they can’t turn up and put some effort into it in front of fans who pay to watch them. Anyone who defends these players over managers needs to give there head a wobble.
Let’s follow that line of logic…. At what point is the manager responsible for results? Let’s say we literally bring in Mr Bean to manage the team and the results slide further… to relegation… can we at least partially blame the manager at that point?

if we had Sir Alex Ferguson at his absolute fecking apex, could he get top 4 with this squad and win a trophy? I believe he could.

The players aren’t good enough, but Ralf isn’t either, and that’s a fact.

Idxomer

Was obvious as early as December as I said above.
Its been a truly disastrous decision and all the nonsense on here about how bad McKenna and Carrick were has been shown up.
They weren't great, but at least from time to time they were able to pull something good that surprised us.

I'm certain they're way better than the current failed MLS coaches.

Zen86

Tbf, this is a fanbase that believes managers can't be held accountable until they've had at least 5 years.
Most managers at least start well. We’ve not even had that. Just a continuation of the shit football and hopelessness that got his predecessor sacked.

I fail to see how anyone can watch what we've been serving up and think "yup, there is absolutely nothing the manager can do about this, 5 months into the job".

He's just a bit of a rubbish coach, it seems. May have been good ten years ago - that doesn't really help us though.

Dan_F

I swear reading these threads you would think Ole only managed us in four games ever. Leicester, Liverpool, City, Watford. Didn’t Ole get 0-0 at Anfield last year, beat them at OT in the cup with the same set of players.

It’s a fecking massive failure from Rangnick and the club to revert to these tactics and produce these results. Utterly pointless 6 months.

Even Carrick in his second game in management set us up solidly against the European Champions and got a draw.

The_Midfielder

The most useless manager we have ever had .. no passion .. no tactics ... write some reports .. on what needs to be done.. that's his job
He could have done that from the outside

Eddy_JukeZ

Ole is not good enough to manage Manchester United. Based on all the evidence we have he is better than Ragnick. Ole probably would have gotten a run out of this squad where we looked decent as he tended to.

If Ragnick played an important role in getting ETH and he ends up being good then it was worth it. If we could have gotten him anyway then we may as well have kept Ole for the rest of the year.
Not this season.

We looked decent for 3-4 games to start the season and that was it.

It was abject performance after abject performance.

The fact he was allowed to survive the Liverpool thrashing at Old Trafford is a giant stain on this club's recent history.

DevTheRed

Those 30 minutes against Palace will go down in United history.

It’s clear how he wants his teams to play and this isn’t it. Players aren’t up for it and he knows it. Along with complete loss of confidence, toxic dressing room, players leaving soon and not wanting to be here and just absolutely nothing to play for.. it really was a poison chalice.

Reactions: Cheimoon

C'est Moi Cantona

The job he's done at exposing the poor quality of our players overall has been fantastic, and then having the guts to say it as it is, this should benefit us more than us bringing in a more competent interim manager to scrape us top 4 and then beggar off.

Rangnick will be the best thing that has happened to us since Fergie left in the long run imo,.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
The most useless manager we have ever had .. no passion .. no tactics ... write some reports .. on what needs to be done.. that's his job
He could have done that from the outside
The players are inept and not capable to follow his instructions and implement it on the pitch.

Simple as.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Was it ? Ole's treatment of players like Rashford, making him undroppable and immune to the bench ended up inflating his ego and ruining him.

He had his favorites who always played no matter what while other players will be left rotting on the bench watching his favorites stink the place and still getting kept. That's not a good management.

The problem is Ralf has been a shit interim. I see the idea behind his appointment. It wasn't bad. Unfortunately, he turned out to be a fraud.
Rashford aside from this season was always quite reliable for Ole. Like I said, it was just a terrible season and once Ole lost the only good part of himself at United it was a losing battle. RR, I don’t know what to think. If he’s trying a Mourinho tactic of this is the shit i have to use to the United board he’s doing great but otherwise I think he’s been exceptionally poor.

OverratedOpinion

Not this season.

We looked decent for 3-4 games to start the season and that was it.

It was abject performance after abject performance.

The fact he was allowed to survive the Liverpool thrashing at Old Trafford is a giant stain on this club's recent history.
I disagree with the first sentence, his entire time here was streaky. I honestly think we would have put a couple of runs together and probably would have snuck 4th because let's face it we are still only 3 points off (Spurs and Arsenal are crap).

I agree with your last sentence but only if it would have been for some improvement. Like I said if RR is truly valuable in bringing in ETH and what we are going to do then writing this season off totally to get him into the club in some capacity does make sense. I am just wondering if it was necessary.

Long Time Red

It’s clear how he wants his teams to play and this isn’t it. Players aren’t up for it and he knows it. Along with complete loss of confidence, toxic dressing room, players leaving soon and not wanting to be here and just absolutely nothing to play for.. it really was a poison chalice.
Or maybe Palace were just shit for 30 minutes....

Jacob

Agree. As he eloquently put in his most recent interview: United have recruited poorly for years, we've suffered from not identifying prospects for the way we want to play. The club hasn't even known how they want to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.