Ralf Rangnick | ex-interim manager | does anyone rate him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Ima be honest, if the idea was to go for Ralf you might as well have kept Ole.

The level has been exactly the same.

el3mel

A manager who keeps on playing Maguire deserves to be criticized. At this point even a youngster from the academy will be worth the shot than this clown.

If Ten Hag keeps Maguire as a starter and a captain, I'm off.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
One of the worst managers that United has ever had.
This team is shit, but he has us playing like a conference team.

TuzlaUnited

Fell sorry for the guy and for whoever is next manager. Overpaid bunch of shit will throw him under the bus on the first opportunity.

PoTMS

Imagine that, Lokomotiv Moscow's director of football is a shite interim manager.

Long Time Red

This is easily the worst season I can ever remember. I feel for Rangnick, he was a terrible fit for this squad from the very start. However he’s managed to take a set of players with zero confidence to begin with and sucked any remaining life from them. It’s been a masterclass in how not to manage a squad.
This with bells on.

Who would have thought after the City game we'd actually have been better off sticking with Ole until the end of the season?

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
No way you can blame him at this point. The players should be ashamed of themselves, neither of them cares or is professional enough. Bunch of idiots on the pitch.
Yep, this is the most heartless display I've ever witnessed. Looking at some of these players today has really shown how disassociated they are with the club. Wan bissaka, Maguire... these are players we should have faced and battered in the opposition relegation teams. I hate them.

Idxomer

No way you can blame him at this point. The players should be ashamed of themselves, neither of them cares or is professional enough. Bunch of idiots on the pitch.
Most footballers are idiots, coaches are the ones who install intelligence into their play.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I genuinely think you looked better under Ole and I think it’s because of the management style. Ole didn’t have any tactical nous but was good at player and morale management. RR seems like the opposite. The problem is that the United squad is such a mish mash of individuals currently that trying to mould them into this philosophy midway through the season just isn’t going to work. It’s possible in the summer but is going to take a hell of a lot of work.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
This sack of shit has been happening for years. Anyone blaming Rangnick needs a check over.

He isn’t even a manager anymore but the idiots making decisions put him in that position.

He will do well in his actual role because he knows the idiots playing for us all too well.

el3mel

I genuinely think you looked better under Ole and I think it’s because of the management style. Ole didn’t have any tactical nous but was good at player and morale management. RR seems like the opposite. The problem is that the United squad is such a mish mash of individuals currently that trying to mould them into this philosophy midway through the season just isn’t going to work. It’s possible in the summer but is going to take a hell of a lot of work.
Have you watched United under Ole this season ? Have you watched the 2-0 loss to City in first half of the season ?

Castia

I blame the players mainly but he’s picking the same shit every week so has to take the blame

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
I have no idea what Ralf says to the players, but considering that he threw the entire squad under the bus in a interview prior to this match Im guessing that peptalks arent on his list of priorities

acnumber9

What did he think would happen when he threw in a player that he has never picked before in a back three that we never play at Anfield? He’ll probably get more credit for exposing how shit we are.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Getting this underqualified guy from America set the tone for his stint, the lack of coaching in this team is even more apparent now than it was under Carrick and McKenna.

Clueless all over the pitch in almost every game.
It really is isn't it

crossy1686

career ending
So Ole built this team, started getting hammered 4-1 off Watford, 5-0 off Liverpool, 4-2 off Leicester, get's sacked, all the coaching staff leave, half the players decide they want to leave, no January transfers.

Ralf's fault this. Shit manager...

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Most footballers are idiots, coaches are the ones who install intelligence into their play.
That's true, but you cannot change the mentality of group of 25 people in few months, not before getting rid of at least 20-30% of them and showing them who's the boss.

Biggins

Players are shit but the interim is not much better. It’s actually painful to watch this game

DSG

Getting this underqualified guy from America set the tone for his stint, the lack of coaching in this team is even more apparent now than it was under Carrick and McKenna.

This is easily the worst season I can ever remember. I feel for Rangnick, he was a terrible fit for this squad from the very start. However he’s managed to take a set of players with zero confidence to begin with and sucked any remaining life from them. It’s been a masterclass in how not to manage a squad.
I’ve been saying it for 2 months. Ralf is an absolute fecking clown.

Glazers, Arnold and Murtagh are clowns for hiring him.

The players shouldn’t be listening to him. Naive enough to take Dalot, play him on the left (when Dalot is awful defensively anyhow) against Salah? Our tactical mastermind.

The players are clueless, dejected, unhappy and spoiled. Ralf has to take responsibility for that in my mind, at least partially.

Baxter

A midfield 2 of Pogba and Matic, moved to Fernandes and Matic is mental :lol:

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
So Ole built this team, started getting hammered 4-1 off Watford, 5-0 off Liverpool, 4-2 off Leicester, get's sacked, all the coaching staff leave, half the players decide they want to leave, no January transfers.

Ralf has been the manager for 5 months now. He hasn't got a tune out of a single player. He keeps picking the same overpaid dross week after week. His win percentage is 40 fecking %. Stop making excuses for this loser.

lilcurt

How anyone can blame Ralf for this is beyond me. We have a terrible squad of players, half want to leave, the other half aren't good enough. The manager and coaches who built this shower have left the building. We now have an interim who didn't bring anyone in during the winter window... Yet it's all Ralf's fault.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Bang on

DSG

That's true, but you cannot change the mentality of group of 25 people in few months, not before getting rid of at least 20-30% of them and showing them who's the boss.
Tuchel did. Xavi did. Zidane did. Jesse fecking Marsch did. Hell, Wayne Rooney has done more with less at Derby.

Ralf didn’t. And they look much more disorganized than they did under Ole IMHO.

crossy1686

career ending
Ralf has been the manager for 5 months now. He hasn't got a tune out of a single player. He keeps picking the same overpaid dross week after week. His win percentage is 40 fecking %. Stop making excuses for this loser.
I know, what a cnut for not playing Messi, Modric and Kante when they're all sat on the bench. It's like he's doing it on purpose now!

OverratedOpinion

I called him an average coach a few weeks ago and got criticized. I agree I was totally wrong, he is worse than that. The players have a terrible attitude and fitness but my god does he make a lot of weird choices. Trying to be too clever maybe? Idk but he has been an abject failure.

kode

we have no hope for this season why keep playing departing players? why dont just give the kids a chance at least that would serve ETH to see how ready they are or not

KeanoMagicHat

Rangnick gave up himself when he saw the shitshow that we had and he didn’t have time to fix it.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
I’ve been saying it for 2 months. Ralf is an absolute fecking clown.

Glazers, Arnold and Murtagh are clowns for hiring him.

The players shouldn’t be listening to him. Naive enough to take Dalot, play him on the left (when Dalot is awful defensively anyhow) against Salah? Our tactical mastermind.

The players are clueless, dejected, unhappy and spoiled. Ralf has to take responsibility for that in my mind, at least partially.
Can’t keep blaming managers though… how many managers has these bunch of amateurs thrown under the bus? They literally play for no one but them selves. There getting paid thousands and they can’t turn up and put some effort into it in front of fans who pay to watch them. Anyone who defends these players over managers needs to give there head a wobble.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.

He talks a good game but my early prediction is that he (and his MLS coaches) will lack the authority to get these players to do what he wants. They ran a bit for 20 minutes against Palace and that was them done. Their attitude stinks.
Was obvious as early as December as I said above.
Its been a truly disastrous decision and all the nonsense on here about how bad McKenna and Carrick were has been shown up.

Skills

Snitch
Tbf this is close to the truth. Though the confidence had well & truly shattered under Ole - its why the likes of Leicester & Watford were putting 4s past us.

I think people underestimate how fragile confidence is for a collective group. Once broken its really hard to fix. Ole had to go after Leicester, but the board buried the group by letting them get humiliated game after game.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Have you watched United under Ole this season ? Have you watched the 2-0 loss to City in first half of the season ?
Just a bad season all round, but I do think the best elements of Ole were played/moral management. When he lost that he got sacked.

DSG

Ralf can be shit as well mate. Plenty of blame to go around.

mu4c_20le

He's in over his head. And this isn't a slight on him, because most would probably have done the same, but his ego probably made him thought he could take on this job. He hasn't managed seriously in a decade and never at this level. Should have offered to assist Carrick instead.

lsd

The Oracle
Looks like this was one time Paul Merson was spot on. Its not enough for Ralf to keep pointing out our shortcomings as we knew them anyway. His job was to surely get us to play some sort of system and I've seen no evidence at all of that.

Tonight he basically gave the game up before it started

Status
Not open for further replies.