Ralf Rangnick | ex-interim manager | does anyone rate him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AshRK

So a consultant?
Yes maybe that's what he is good at. I am judging him for his managerial stint with us which has been poor. It's not hard to judge him on that. As a consultant he could do an excellent job but that won't change with his work as manager.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I have my doubts as to how much we'll really use him now that he's managing Austria. Fully expecting some articles this summer about how he's been marginalized.

Robbie Boy

They’re the same people that will be either calling out Ten Hag as a fraud or lauding his squad building next season while conveniently ignoring the fact Ralf exists. Short-termism is rife around here.
Yep, you can already tell the ones who will be ripping into ETH unless he has an instant impact. Most can see we are currently restructuring and it's all going to take a bit of time, though. Short-term approaches in the past are what fecked us over.

el3mel

Consultancy role my arse.

Sack him and search for a proper DOF instead. Let him focus on his national team job.

Consultant. :lol: We are going to pay him money for a part time job which includes giving personal opinions only while he's getting paid as well from national team job. Literally stealing a living if anything else.

But wait, United love to spend stupid money left, right and center as if our money has no end so alright for the Glazers I guess.

What a disaster this appointment has ended out to be.

izec

Consultancy role my arse.

Sack him and search for a proper DOF instead. Let him focus on his national team job.

Consultant. :lol: We are going to pay him money for a part time job which includes giving personal opinions only while he's getting paid as well from national team job. Literally stealing a living if anything else.

But wait, United love to spend stupid money left, right and center as if our money has no end so alright for the Glazers I guess.

What a disaster this appointment has ended out to be.
We dont want a specific DoF, that is the point. If you think United would hire Rangnick or someone from the outside full time as a DoF or similar, then you are living on the moon.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
We'll rarely hear about him again. It's a nothing role. Like having Southgate offering advice once a month.

Foxbatt

People are claiming that he can't handle big name players. The biggest name in current football is the player trying the hardest.
It's very good that he has come and showed the reality of the situation. We knew from the Palace game how he wants to play. We know that after that the players didn't listen to him.

el3mel

We dont want a specific DoF, that is the point. If you think United would hire Rangnick or someone from the outside full time as a DoF or similar, then you are living on the moon.
I know from the start this consultancy role was bullshit. They didn't clarify anything about what his role would be or what he would do when we hired him. All this just confirms this role would be complete and utter bollocks. He's going to get paid for a 6 days work a month for giving his own opinions on players then fecking off to Austria to focus on their team. Ridiculous.

Just sack him. What's the point? Why waste money on someone doing a useless part time job?

macheda14

I know from the start this consultancy role was bullshit. They didn't clarify anything about what his role would be or what he would do when we hired him. All this just confirms this role would be complete and utter bollocks. He's going to get paid for a 6 days work a month for giving his own opinions on players then fecking off to Austria to focus on their team. Ridiculous.

Just sack him. What's the point? Why waste money on someone doing a useless part time job?
Firstly do you know what a consultant does? Secondly, a national team job isn't the most time consuming - there are a fair few cases of managers managing both at the same time. It was even reported we enquired about whether Enrique could do both until after the World Cup, which was waved away by the Spanish FA. Thirdly, he's obviously got pertinent advice to give and also has a good network of contacts across the German league (and will now have that in the Austrian league) to assist in our recruitment.

People just love to get angry over nothing.

Delano

I honestly don't get the moaning. It was never said that he'd be a director (even if you wanted him to be) and we knew a few months ago that his role meant 6 days a month. He can easily do that as a national coach.

Ultimately, if the club wanted him as a full time Director he'd have been hired as one. So I don't see how accepting this role is Ralf's problem.

Real Name

Great he's staying as a consultant along with Austria job. I'm sure he'll cooperate nicely with ETH.

Dont know what the all the fuss is about but its redcafe so fuss is all the time.

justsomebloke

It may have felt liberating and fresh for a while to have a manager able to be so outspoken in such a reasonable manner. But by now it just feels like the team's not being led at all, and we have a pundit standing by the bench, masquerading as a manager.

stevoc

Looking at Ralf, he absolutely does. There is a man who loves a spreadsheet.

Aside from him being German, him turning up at the West Indies vs England test match recently was the least surprising thing ever. That is a man who was made to sit at a county championship out ground watching the second eleven on a freezing cold September day.
I have zero doubt that Ralf has a collection of label printers.

el3mel

Firstly do you know what a consultant does? Secondly, a national team job isn't the most time consuming - there are a fair few cases of managers managing both at the same time. It was even reported we enquired about whether Enrique could do both until after the World Cup, which was waved away by the Spanish FA. Thirdly, he's obviously got pertinent advice to give and also has a good network of contacts across the German league (and will now have that in the Austrian league) to assist in our recruitment.

People just love to get angry over nothing.
He will literally do nothing. Consultant.. "consultant", it means he will give his own opinions on the matter but the club will have the right to throw them in the nearest rubbish can. He will be working only 6 days a month. Hardly a job.

Also, aid in our recruitment by having connection in Austrian fecking league? :lol: :lol:

You guys really want to have hope about anything these days.

There's nothing to get angry about. I honestly laughing about the whole thing. During his 6 months period as an interim it's clear we are dealing with an absolute fraud and this "consultancy" role will be the continuation of it.

Oh well, Man United being a stupid club is nothing new.

stu_1992

Fair play to him in the new managerial job. Not sure he's cut out for top level club management but an international job may suit him well. Don't get the bitterness at this appointment with us though, he was always going to be hired with a view to him assessing the team ahead of his consultancy role. Hopefully a bit of short term pain for long term gain. As others have said, his track record is certainly in club building roles, which we badly need.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I don't understand why people still think or hope it's the manager when the players have been playing inconsistent crap for 10 years now
Yet finished 2nd in the league on more than one occasion. Top 4 in the vast majority of them.... But clearly they are all shit now, that could be the only conclusion here right?

Real Name

He will literally do nothing. Consultant.. "consultant", it means he will give his own opinions on the matter but the club will have the right to throw them in the nearest rubbish can. He will be working only 6 days a month. Hardly a job.

Also, aid in our recruitment by having connection in Austrian fecking league? :lol: :lol:

There's nothing to get angry about. I honestly laughing about the whole thing. During his 6 months period as an interim it's clear we are dealing with an absolute fraud and this "consultancy" role will be the continuation of it.

You're right, we should all be mad about nothing as in this case.

flameinthesun

Some of the over reactionary comments on here are funny, so emotional and over the top.

Since Richard Arnold was confirmed there seems to be restructuring going on within the club. If you look at the club as a business there is nothing crazy with having a consultant help you with restructuring, the amount of days he spends a month doing this consultancy is absolutely irrelevant because none of us know what all this work involves. But having a consultant working with the club as it restructures and gears up for a new manager and then spending roughly one or 2 days a week overseeing those changes 1) sounds absolutely normal as it happens all the time in most large businesses and 2) I'd have thought would actually be welcomed by the fan base.

On another point this weird shift by some fans (I can only assume Ole fan's who are still bitter he got sacked) to suddenly want him gone because he hasn't lit the world on fire as a manager despite the fact 1) he took over one of the worst, unfit and demotivated united squads 2) hadn't managed properly in a while 3) most importantly the fact his main value to us is providing his consultancy with regards to rebuilding and restructuring the club. These same fans who would be happy for united to get rid of him would then complain that there is no one with experience of rebuilding a club upstairs.

For once I am happy (and rather surprised) that the club seem to be sticking to their plan, they seem to be making positive changes behind the scenes which is the right thing to do. The onfield performances are a result of years of poor management, poor recruitment and poor leadership at the top, so its going to take years to turn that around. But it starts with some of the moves we are making now.

Long Time Red

What do people think he will actually consult on?

Once the structure of the club is where Arnold and Murtough wants it, I'm not really sure what there will be for him to consult on.

Ten Hag and the scouting department should take care of transfers.

macheda14

Almost as if some very good players have played there. But yes, you want links in every league, there are gems to be found everywhere. Or do you want us to continue spending stupidly, not smartly.

I mean do you really know he'll be working 6 days a month?

And yes he will be giving his opinions - it was reported that he (despite what he said to the press) was very involved in the final decision for Ten Hag. He's been absolutely ruthless in his opinions on our recruitment and lo and behold two senior members of staff are sacked. Murtough is said to really respect him, so yes they could ignore his advice, but it seems they are already acting upon it. It doesn't hurt to have an experienced builder of clubs to be lending their voice and expertise.

Spoony

The People's President
I have my doubts as to how much we'll really use him now that he's managing Austria. Fully expecting some articles this summer about how he's been marginalized.

Yeah you got the feeling that his new role would amount to nothing, so I'm not surprised he's taken the Austria nation team job. Good luck to him.

RkkMan

Will you be complaining this much if his connections help us get Paul Mitchell to work with Murtough and Fletcher as he's still offering advice in the background?
If they didn't want to listen to him why did we hire Ten Hag over Poch or sack our leading Head of Scouts to overhaul that department plus the Recruitment Department?
I know these last years have taken a toll on everyone and there's things to moan about Utd but this isolated incident of Ralf working 2 jobs that don't require FULL TIME commitment is scrapping the barrel with complaining

stevoc

Been a lot of moon men on here the last few months.

adkb

Its his job to unite the squad as long as he is the interim manager.
How does he unite a squad that's checked out? Clearly this is not a job one can do in 6 months? As far as I know he hired a few experts for improving mental health of the players. I seriously doubt if there was no one in that capacity till date but still, you can see whats missing with these appointments!

Reactions: Cheimoon

Macca7

Hail King Ralph.

I absolutely love the bloke and I couldn't care less about the results he's got or not got from this bunch of embarrassing so-called professional players. My take is that about 3 weeks into the job he realised that they weren't having any of it and were trying to get him fired like they did previous managers. He then decided he'd give them all the rope needed to hang themsleves in the public eye by playing all the worst offenders regularly in the team so they couldn't try to claim they'd not been given the opportunity to prove themselves come the summer cull.

If you think he's a shit manager then fair enough, results certainly could be used to evidence that view - I just think the mitigating factors are so large that it's not so easy to claim he's the most to blame for it.
This. It's the players, people blaming Ralf are laughable. They were dogshit, lazy pretenders under Ole and they have been exactly the same under Ralf. They clearly have not listened to him and tried to follow his instruction. 90% of them need to go.

el3mel

People here love to argue for the sake of it even if all evidence prove the opposite. It was clear Ole was an awful coach but people kept arguing otherwise. It was clear Ralf is a shit coach as well but people argued against that and now it's clear this consultancy job will be a nothing job but let's keep on dreaming Ralf Rangnick will play a role in the renaissance of the club when he will barely have anything do with us.

Let's ignore all the clear evidence and the ton of false downs we had previously arguing against the opposite and hope that for once it will actually work.

He will get some good money from this useless role then fecks off after 2 years.

Lee565

Why has nobody questioned whether this guy has been so outspoken about being negative about the cluband team to reflect any blame of his own short comings as manager?

Brophs

The One and Only
I’d be pretty surprised if he’s still performing the role in 2 years. Being paid for it, on the other hand…

Real Name

People acting as if they know inner workings of the club and who'll do what and then saying evidence is clear he'll do nothing. Amusing I must stay.

Long Time Red

Hail King Ralph.

I absolutely love the bloke and I couldn't care less about the results he's got or not got from this bunch of embarrassing so-called professional players. My take is that about 3 weeks into the job he realised that they weren't having any of it and were trying to get him fired like they did previous managers. He then decided he'd give them all the rope needed to hang themsleves in the public eye by playing all the worst offenders regularly in the team so they couldn't try to claim they'd not been given the opportunity to prove themselves come the summer cull.

If you think he's a shit manager then fair enough, results certainly could be used to evidence that view - I just think the mitigating factors are so large that it's not so easy to claim he's the most to blame for it.
I'm sure Forest fans said the exact same things about their players when they were bottom of the Championship with 1 point from 7 games.

Lazy, don't work hard enough, unprofessional, toxic dressing room, no ability etc. etc.

They're now 3rd in the Championship and have a legitimate chance of finishing 2nd.

Ralf just isn't a very good coach or manager and our U9 coaches could have got our squad to perform better than he has done.

The top manager's find a way of playing that gets the best out of their players and hides their weaknesses.

He hasn't been able to get the best out of anyone.

Hester_manc

Rangnick is a huge own goal for United. He is hired as a manager, even though he is over 60 years old and still has not proven himself as a great manager. He does it worse than Solskjær, can not handle the players and clearly can not put a team tactically.

When he finally has to start in his original position, he chooses to take an extra job, which is otherwise usually a full-time job for everyone else. As I see it, his job as national coach is not compatible with the job at United. United need an employee who focuses exclusively on the club and how it is returning to its greatness.

RkkMan

People here love to argue for the sake of it even if all evidence prove the opposite. It was clear Ole was an awful coach but people kept arguing otherwise. It was clear Ralf is a shit coach as well but people argued against that and now it's clear this consultancy job will be a nothing job but let's keep on dreaming Ralf Rangnick will play a role in the renaissance of the club when he will barely have anything do with us.

Let's ignore all the clear evidence and the ton of false downs we had previously arguing against the opposite and hope that for once it will actually work.

He will get some good money from this useless role then fecks off after 2 years.
Okay genius

Real Name

Rangnick is a huge own goal for United. He is hired as a manager, even though he is over 60 years old and still has not proven himself as a great manager. He does it worse than Solskjær, can not handle the players and clearly can not put a team tactically.

When he finally has to start in his original position, he chooses to take an extra job, which is otherwise usually a full-time job for everyone else. As I see it, his job as national coach is not compatible with the job at United. United need an employee who focuses exclusively on the club and how it is returning to its greatness.
Being a national team coach isn't a full time job nor its incompatible with the job at United.

Status
Not open for further replies.