Ralf Rangnick | ex-interim manager | does anyone rate him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
No offense but I think you're talking obvious rubbish. In his first season he finished 8th and now he's reached two Champions League Finals and might do the quadruple. He started off with a bit of a mess and built something really good over time. If these facts don't fit your alternative thesis then your thesis is wrong.
None taken though at this point I'm not sure what point we're trying to argue. Klopp "started off with a bit off a mess"? Well duh. But the improvement on the pitch and the stylistic perspective could be literally seen 2 weeks in.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
None taken though at this point I'm not sure what point we're trying to argue. Klopp "started off with a bit off a mess"? Well duh. But the improvement on the pitch and the stylistic perspective could be literally seen 2 weeks in.
Well a new manager will do that anyway. But Rogers finished 2nd then 6th in his last two seasons. Klopp went to 8th before he got it sorted. High press takes time.

Tavern in the town

Well a new manager will do that anyway. But Rogers finished 2nd then 6th in his last two seasons. Klopp went to 8th before he got it sorted. High press takes time.
The high press didn’t take time. That’s the point. They pressed City and Chelsea off the park in his first season. It was the other stuff that took time, not the pressing.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
I don't get it. The high press was there immediately. Controlling performances to consistently get results was what took time and quality transfers.

UpWithRivers

No one asked Rangnick to put together a winning team, he was asked to put pressing team. You gave Klopp as an example and it took him one game to show what he is implementing at Liverpool. ManUtd fans are just full of excuses, to what level they come up with excuses is directly proportional to how much they love current manager or dislike previous one.
So the father of gegenpressing forgot how to press and just abandoned his whole principals after 2 games because he's just fkn cluless? I find this hard to believe. Klopp could do it even without ideal players because the players were willing to try. Its that simple. I could introduce pressing to United. Its not that hard. But you cant do sht if players arnt willing.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
So the father of gegenpressing forgot how to press and just abandoned his whole principals after 2 games because he's just fkn cluless? I find this hard to believe. Klopp could do it even without ideal players because the players were willing to try. Its that simple. I could introduce pressing to United. Its not that hard. But you cant do sht if players arnt willing.
The so-called "father of Gegenpressing" is in good parts a fraud. If you can accept that thought, everything else will immediately be easier to understand.

Stumpy

still can’t believe some of the comments here blaming Ralph. These are the same fans who are going to bury ETH and every other manager who doesn’t perform the way they like.

personally I think Ralph has been a breath of fresh air with his pressers and the way he has got things moving behind the scenes and exposing these cretins of players.

I honestly don’t believe these players would of played for any interim gaff and I think most of the proper fans will respect him in a year or two

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Or maybe he isn't good enough coach and way past his best? I mean he barely held coach position in last 5-10 years.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
still can’t believe some of the comments here blaming Ralph. These are the same fans who are going to bury ETH and every other manager who doesn’t perform the way they like.

personally I think Ralph has been a breath of fresh air with his pressers and the way he has got things moving behind the scenes and exposing these cretins of players.

I honestly don’t believe these players would of played for any interim gaff and I think most of the proper fans will respect him in a year or two
"Proper fans" :lol:

On the other hand, people who thinks Rangnick couldn't have done any better were probably shat on the club when managers like Moyes, Jose were sacked.

PoTMS

Get this fraud out of the club as soon as the full time whistle blows.

city-puma

Anyone with eyes can see it’s not the case the players don’t want to play well. They just don’t know what to do as a unit. Bruno doesn’t know what’s his role should be. Hannibal is completely isolated no matter how hard he tried to find space. Tellers is always late because the unit has no space awareness. It’s the manager’s fault. It’s as simple as that.

led_scholes

I don't get it. The high press was there immediately. Controlling performances to consistently get results was what took time and quality transfers.
The difference is that Liverpool under Rodgers had many shit players but were trained well. Our players havent trained for like years. They couldnt press more than 45 minutes.

L1nk

Or maybe he isn't good enough coach and way past his best? I mean he barely held coach position in last 5-10 years.
Not that I totally disagree with your point but the main reason he's barely held a coaching position in all this time is because he suffers from chronic fatigue syndrome and finds it hard to maintain the intensity needed for the position, which is why he quit Schalke for example. He's had offers from some big clubs

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Not that I totally disagree with your point but the main reason he's barely held a coaching position in all this time is because he suffers from chronic fatigue syndrome and finds it hard to maintain the intensity needed for the position, which is why he quit Schalke for example. He's had offers from some big clubs
Fits right in with the rest of the team then!

DSG

The sloppiness, the lack of attacking ideas, poor organization at the back…Dalot has no idea whether to pinch in or move wide. It’s a fecking disgrace. Ralf might be the worst manager in the PL. I’m not fecking kidding. To take a side that was second last season and turn them into this rubbish is incredible. Yes, the players have been awful, but there has to be some accountability from the manager. It’s literally his fecking job to get them to play the best they possibly can, and he’s taken them in the opposite direction.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Olê made an absolute mess. Rangnick just couldn’t fix it.

Ace

A coach who can’t coach leading players who can’t play. What could go wrong?

Vapor trail

Ragnick has been a disaster as has the players. Can't doubt the facts he's been the worst manager since SAF retired.

city-puma

That no matter what Rangnick does, the players won't make the required effort. They are lazy and difficult to work with.

Rangnick hasn't done well, but some fans are giving him too much stick.
Are you watching the game? Ridiculous to claim the players have not put effort! Nonsense!

L1nk

The sloppiness, the lack of attacking ideas, poor organization at the back…Dalot has no idea whether to pinch in or move wide. It’s a fecking disgrace. Ralf might be the worst manager in the PL. I’m not fecking kidding. To take a side that was second last season and turn them into this rubbish is incredible. Yes, the players have been awful, but there has to be some accountability from the manager. It’s literally his fecking job to get them to play the best they possibly can, and he’s taken them in the opposite direction.
Again, whilst I get your point he hasn't exactly taken our team from 2nd to here has he, Ole did half of that job as well to the point he had to be sacked and we had to bring this man in in the first place

Tiber

Rangnick has been a disaster as has the players. Can't doubt the facts he's been the worst manager since SAF retired.
An utter disaster. Completely out of his depth since day 1.

30 mins until he pisses off to Austria. Wish he could have went months ago - a random member of this forum could have done a better job

Status
Not open for further replies.