Ralf Rangnick | ex-interim manager | does anyone rate him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hughie77

He's here for the rest of the season as manager, what I think the best part of the deal is he's having some input Into who's the main man for pre season going forward. Now it maybe Poch who knows or its someone else. Let's just see

Roario

Tbf to Carrick he had one training day before Villareal and despite that we clearly had better work rate and at least a discernible tactical plan.
To be fair he's had 5 years under Ole and Mourinho. I highly doubt that they told the players not to run.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
Sure sounds like we already have our next manager lined up, but he wants to finish the season up, and doesn't want to announce it now as it will be a distraction for his current club.

Otherwise we'd surely leave open the question of whether Rangnick will leave the post in 6 months.

Waynne

This. I don't know what this appointment will ultimately do for us but for the moment the banter has died down.
Opposition fans know Ralf is a proper manager. Issue still is the 6 months term as manager. Its just too short a term for me personally. I would have like him to be manager for rest of the season and the whole of next season and then move to consultancy role for 2 years.

Seems to me the problems at our club currently is just too much to fix in 6 short months. Ralph Hasenhuttl said as much in a recent quote regarding Rangnick.

Ideal scenario would be 2 year managerial role. 2 year consultancy role after that with the possibility to make him permanent Director of Football at the club. This would make me very happy and know the club is in good hands.

Blood Mage

We'll be getting a new manager in 6 months who'll bring his own coaching staff with him. So it kind of makes sense that we've told Rangnick to come alone to avoid heavy staff turnover costs. I have little doubt that the current coaches will be told to feck off in the summer if Ralf assesses them honestly and says they're no good.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
yeah I remember that post, they quoted a reliable source from what I remember

So he’s not reliable? honestly I can’t keep up. Same for Castles all of sudden he’s not reliable anymore :lol:
No they aren't. They're gossip. Duncan Castles hasn't been reliable for a long while. He was only worth a listen during Jose's time.

Real Name

Not a meltdown, just an acknowledgement of how poorly we're ran.

We appoint an interim to hold the hand of two coaches whilst they learn on the job.
I hope he can do 2 or more things in the same time. Day has 24 hours, he can manage reevaluate the team and see how Carrick and Phelan work.
Kornetka not coming means something is wrong? You're making things up just to have a good old moan.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I hope he can do 2 or more things in the same time. Day has 24 hours, he can manage reevaluate the team and see how Carrick and Phelan work.
Kornetka not coming means something is wrong? You're making things up just to have a good old moan.
If he has been watching videos of our training and past matches I think he will be pretty clued up about what is wrong with our team.

Polar

Looking forward to Mr Rangnick arrives. He seems like a hard guy who demands discipline. Players who doesn’t run their socks off will be sent out in the cold.

Think we can say goodbye to Martial, Pogba and Matic:lol:

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
No they aren't. They're gossip. Duncan Castles hasn't been reliable for a long while. He was only worth a listen during Jose's time.
castles literally got the meeting of ole meeting sacked first, i’d say that makes him more reliable than most give him credit for

DomesticTadpole

Looking forward to Mr Rangnick arrives. He seems like a hard guy who demands discipline. Players who doesn’t run their socks off will be sent out in the cold.

Think we can say goodbye to Martial, Pogba and Matic:lol:
I wouldn't be thinking about turning up late for training without a really, really good reason.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
" My job is to improve players, they follow you if they feel you make them better. Thats the greatest most sincere motivation there is." Ralf Ragnick.

All the peripheral stuff disappears if people understand thats the most important thing, improving players. Improve players, improves teams, improves results.
He has won me over already.

DomesticTadpole

" My job is to improve players, they follow you if they feel you make them better. Thats the greatest most sincere motivation there is." Ralf Ragnick.

All the peripheral stuff disappears if people understand thats the most important thing, improving players. Improve players, improves teams, improves results.
He has won me over already.
Hope it works with the players. Most of the fans are convinced and ready to get their boots on for him.

Polar

I think this means we are going all in for ten hag in the summer
Why? Don’t say you are wrong, but Rangnick is on pair with Hag in my opinion. He is maybe an even more exiting manager for us, compared with than Hag; represents more of what United need right now: more discipline and a more rigid system.

MUFC OK

Souness has slated the appointment on talksh*te, along with Simon Jordan as always.

He also said "Jonny Evans is better than any centre half they have" it beggars belief :lol:

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
So Lars is staying at Lokomotiv?

Also anyone else think Lokomotiv Moscow seemed a little passive aggressive in their statement about it all? Which I suppose is understandable.

They also kind of seemed to imply that they'll still be in contact with Rangnick over issues regarding the future of their club which seemed weird. Like he's not fully off the hook.

DomesticTadpole

Souness has slated the appointment on talksh*te, along with Simon Jordan as always.

He also said "Jonny Evans is better than any centre half they have" it beggars belief :lol:
I listened to Simon Jordan this morning and he thought it was a good appointment and was bigging Ralf up. Heard Souness and agree with you about him.

Tom Van Persie

No relation

Jonny Evans is better than Varane is such a Sourness opinion.

MUFC OK

I listened to Simon Jordan this morning and he thought it was a good appointment and was bigging Ralf up. Heard Souness and agree with you about him.
He didn't really give an opinion in the segment I listened to. The Evans comment is just absolutely nuts. Graeme is shit scared. The scousers are falling back on "this will take a long long time to turn around".

DomesticTadpole

He didn't really give an opinion in the segment I listened to. The Evans comment is just absolutely nuts. Graeme is shit scared. The scousers are falling back on "this will take a long long time to turn around".
I listened to Jordan this morning live. You have to be careful with Talksport they will edit things to make things sound more controversial than they were.

Dominos

Luckhurst isn't reliable, let alone very reliable. Just last week in case people forgot:

To be fair Fletcher being favourite to take over was ran with by every major source covering the story as far as I remember, including The Athletic.

The regular journos who have covered United for a long time - Ducker, Luckhurst, Ogden, Mcdonnel etc. seem to be all being fed the same information from briefs from the club, and I have no doubt their non-official sources are all the same, that's why their articles are nearly identical and released around the same time.

Dominos

castles literally got the meeting of ole meeting sacked first, i’d say that makes him more reliable than most give him credit for
It just goes to show, you can literally prove yourself to have boardroom level sources and still be labelled a bullshitter on here.

BlueHaze

Interesting clip, he was speaking about us briefly (can't find the full clip)

Apparently doesn't rate Shaw.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
To be fair Fletcher being favourite to take over was ran with by every major source covering the story as far as I remember, including The Athletic.

The regular journos who have covered United for a long time - Ducker, Luckhurst, Ogden, Mcdonnel etc. seem to be all being fed the same information from briefs from the club, and I have no doubt their non-official sources are all the same, that's why their articles are nearly identical and released around the same time.
They steal each others articles, during that period of time there were several hours between similar articles from different publications. The first one make it up and the others parrot it.

Status
Not open for further replies.