Ralf Rangnick | ex-interim manager | does anyone rate him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dominos

They steal each others articles, during that period of time there were several hours between similar articles from different publications. The first one make it up and the others parrot it.
So you don't believe any of the journalists who have covered United for 10+ years, follow them around the world to games, attend every press conference and are paid to report news on United have any sources of information from inside the club?

How exactly did we know Ole was sacked a day before United announced it, if no one has any genuine sources inside the club?

Withnail

We'll be getting a new manager in 6 months who'll bring his own coaching staff with him. So it kind of makes sense that we've told Rangnick to come alone to avoid heavy staff turnover costs. I have little doubt that the current coaches will be told to feck off in the summer if Ralf assesses them honestly and says they're no good.
Well this is it exactly. Let him decide who he can work with and who he can't. That's one of the reasons why we're hiring him.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
So you don't believe any of the journalists who have covered United for 10+ years, follow them around the world to games, attend every press conference and are paid to report news on United have any sources of information from inside the club?

How exactly did we know Ole was sacked a day before United announced it, if no one has any genuine sources inside the club?
I simply don't consider any of them very reliable because they are not. Their work is a mix of lot of nonsense and sometimes they actually have something, that pattern can't be deemed reliable.

Acole9

Outstanding
Souness has slated the appointment on talksh*te, along with Simon Jordan as always.

He also said "Jonny Evans is better than any centre half they have" it beggars belief :lol:
Evans is so overrated bang average defender.

alexthelion

You spent half the game yesterday shitting on it so was expecting you to pipe up.

CL - 1st clean sheet in god knows how long.
PL- A quality solid performance against top of the league where we could’ve won it if Fred squared it. Yes we may have lost due to the dire start. But they’re both whataboutisms.

Fact of the matter is, we’ve improved. Even if slightly. If Ole was in charge we’d have been spanked both times.

Cheer up a little.
Clean sheet was a fluke, we should have been 2 or 3 down before scoring.

Oh please, it was anything but a "quality solid perfermance". Are you sure you watched the same game? Ther game where Chelsea completely dominated but couldn't (thankfully) take their chances. If you really believe the "quality solid perfermance" spiel you're more deluded than the Ole fan boys.

We've not improved, we've just become ultra cowardly by putting every player in defence. If you're happy with that, fine, I'm not.

BlueHaze

From what I've seen and heard from him based on watching multiple long interviews about his ideas and such I think if he has a say on transfers we are more likely going to take a different approach under him.

He likes to go after really young players with a high ceiling in potential for relatively good prices rather than spending fortunes on "superstars"

MUFC OK

Evans is so overrated bang average defender.
Agree. Remember most of us we're begging the club to let him go and we kept him for too long like many others in the hope that he would turn into a Rio/Vidic - he was shocking on the ball.

MUFC OK

From what I've seen and heard from him based on watching multiple long interviews about his ideas and such I think if he has a say on transfers we are more likely going to take a different approach under him.

He likes to go after really young players with a high ceiling in potential for relatively good prices rather than spending fortunes on "superstars"
He's never had the resources that we have, but I guess it will enable him to go for a different calibre of talent than he could sign for previous club. Will be intrigued to see who he brings in. I reckon Tchouameni is a good shout.

sparx99

To be fair he's had 5 years under Ole and Mourinho. I highly doubt that they told the players not to run.
Sure but this has been the first time in all football history I’ve seen the assistant managers take any share of the blame.

Ok, Carrick has been there 5 years but how much influence over Jose Mourinho will he have had? He was a just retired player taking his first steps as a coach. Under Ole maybe there is a more critique but again as an assistant coach his only job is to drill the players as per the head coaches instructions.

Go and look at the illustrious careers of Phelan, Queiroz, Meulensteen or Rui Faria after they moved on from Fergie and Mourinho. The most successful one was probably Steve McLaren. Assistant managers and other coaches are not the difference makers.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Will he be in charge for the game on Thursday against arsenal? Or does that mean he has to be training with them tomoz… if he arrives at training on Wednesday then he will be in charge Thursday still right? Even though he’d of only had one days training with them.

Offsideagain

Let’s hope he can sort out the set piece situation. Not scored for a set piece this season or a corner. Given all the height in the team, this is pathetic. We also struggle to defend the back post at corners or set pieces.

alexthelion

We played it smart yesterday. Would you preferred we'd served up another wonderful display of naivety and got battered?
We got battered anyway, just got lucky with the score. Any other day Chelsea would have won by 2 or 3.

Play ultra defensive but still concede 23 (or whatever it was) attempts at goal is hardly playing it smart.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
We got battered anyway, just got lucky with the score. Any other day Chelsea would have won by 2 or 3.

Play ultra defensive but still concede 23 (or whatever it was) attempts at goal is hardly playing it smart.
Imagine how bad it would have been without all those players at the back to block the shots on target then, and this approach we got a point to show for it. It was one match and we can move onto our new manager now.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Good article on The Athletic today that does a deep dive along the lines of that Sky graphic. It concludes that United are the third least similar PL side to Rangnick’s RBL in terms of key metrics, with only Norwich and Newcastle more dissimilar. Southampton, Leeds, Chelsea and Liverpool are most similar

alexthelion

Imagine how bad it would have been without all those players at the back to block the shots on target then, and this approach we got a point to show for it. It was one match and we can move onto our new manager now.
That's two in a row.

With all those players defending, we should have reduced their shot count considerably, it's not as if we were defending then attacking, we played the game like a Division 2 side.

Resch

Good article on The Athletic today that does a deep dive along the lines of that Sky graphic. It concludes that United are the third least similar PL side to Rangnick’s RBL in terms of key metrics, with only Norwich and Newcastle more dissimilar. Southampton, Leeds, Chelsea and Liverpool are most similar
So Hasenhüttl will be RR next signing ;-)

hobbers

Still have to sell or loan before we can buy though. Thanks to master squadbuilder Ole.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
Moving to the premier league will do wonders for Rangnick's brand. The man is a genius but he hasn't been in the limelight as much preferring to occupy more strategic roles.

Trophy Room

I find it hilarious how English football has reacted to this news. No one has a clue how this is going to work out.

United have had so many false dawns and poorly timed appointments.I know nothing about this guy or his methods apart from what Ive read and a few YouTube clips of his teams. I hope he is a success, he talks a good game.

croadyman

Anyone that knows about Haidara? Haven't heard from him
Best I can offer you is he scored the second goal when they beat us last season, was ranked the fourth best player on the pitch in BBC ratings too

Status
Not open for further replies.