Ralf Rangnick | ex-interim manager | does anyone rate him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndySmith1990

I hate how there are been multiple leaks this season about players not being convinced of the manager, or losing belief, or not being a fan of the tactics they've been asked to play. Just shut the feck up and do what you're told you brats

mattsville

Don't know if you can call him a great manager, but it is clear he is highly regarded in the modern attacking approach to the game, he tried to instill his ideas, the only time I saw it was for about 20 minutes at home to palace, we were great but the players then just stopped after that, for the rest of the match and the subsequent matches, that is not on the coach, the players just said feck this I don't want to work this hard for my money, disgraceful, what did not help was they knew he was only interim so they are thinking this guys is gone in 6 months, however they know he was staying on and would pass on this behaviour to the new manager, anyway it was a sensible move by the club instead of going for the likes of conte who they would just got sacked anyway.

DSG

I take my hat off to you Bilbo. I have to say it's quite refreshing to see someone who was so in the Ole camp at least put a bit of perspective onto the whole situation.

I don't like talking about camps but it's pretty obvious that the ones sticking the knife most into Ralf are the ones who defended Ole to the death. At least from the outside looking in it seems more than a coincidence.
Kind of offended by this. I wanted Ole out after the Liverpool match. I was excited to Ralf coming in, I really thought he could turn it around, and I’nm on record the Caf saying so. I was wrong, he couldn’t, and he’s been worse than any manager since Dave Sexton.

Even if people on the Caf defended Ole, why shouldn’t their opinion be heard now?

Now the club has said that ETH has at most 150m to spend, and we shouldn’t expect 10 new players. Ralf has been poor tactically, man management wise, handling the Martial and Lingard situations, bringing in Armas, who is not qualified to coach at this level, he’s called out players publically…. Even if Ole was bad, Ralf’s been worse in every sense. Starting Dalot on the left against Mo Salah? Really?

It’s actually interesting to see who is still defending this guy… they are either too arrogant to admit they were wrong, too blind to see the results or too naive to think he’s going to usher in some new era here at the club.

Ole doesn’t matter anymore. There is no sense in rehashing old debates. Ralf is here now, soon to be gone (thank feck). Hopefully we stumbled into a gem in ETH and we can actually get out of this mess.

Lost bear

Its way too simplistic to say its the players or any signle manager. We have a club with no direction or purpose, owners who dont care what happens on the pitch or if we ever win a trophy. A rotting stadium, sub par facilities and a team full of players who have no collective spirit, mostly on obscene money and sense the rot from the top. This more than anything is what McTominay was alluding to after the Arsenal game. They see Fletcher pitch up without a coaching badge to his name, Phelan still sitting around in his shorts, Ralf looking out of his depth. Ole was a joke and should never have got the job, or at least acknowledged he needed coaching support. His supposed man management though was to add the final mess into the already toxic dressing room by keeping players who were desperate to leave. Its truly, truly awful. I doubt ETH alone can sort this.
I’m in agreement with pretty much all that you’ve said there. I still do have some hope that ETH and some judicious signings can begin the process of turning things around, though. You’re right that the situation is truly awful, but in complex states a few changes can sometimes lead to big transformations. Human social situations are notoriously tough to predict. So we’ll see, I guess.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
He is not throwing them under bus. He is telling facts without filter. Something players need to hear. He should call them out by name but I guess that would be to much.
Thats the entire point though.

You air the grievances and dirty laundry in private and take responsibility in public.

"Facts without filter" only serves to make fans full of schadenfreude happy because their grievances are being confirmed. What Ralf says in public he both can and should say in private.

To go public before a Liverpool game and essentially label the squad as shit does not create a good backdrop for a good performance. There is nothing that has been said in public that could not have been said behind closed doors. He doesnt need to say that the squad needs work, its plain as day to absolutely everyone.

Ralf obviously know a tremendous deal about the game of football and his knowledge should absolutely be utilized by the club. His completel inability to get anything resembling a good bounce out of the squad at all is down to the words he speak, not his knowledge of the game.

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
Regardless of qualification and football knoweldge, Ralf has done everything in his power to throw the players under the bus since he got here.

Right or wrong, not taking responsibility as the figurehead of the group is just poor leadership.

That being said, there are not many players in this squad that can be happy with what they did this season, the fallout has been spectacular following the previous season.

Most United players are extremely economical privileged compared to other footballers from other clubs, not to mention ordinary people with normal salaries. A player like Pogba and his buddies earns enough in one week to feed a whole village in Africa for years. I’m a capitalist so I have no problem with that but if these young multi millionaires who sometimes play and act like prima donnas can’t take the truth from an 60+ interim manager about their extremely lazy and poor performances then they are all worth being thrown under the bus. In fact it’s not even a punishment, it’s perfectly justified and if they have any sorts of decency they should just take it and do 100 times better next game.

One of Erik ten Hag‘s most important thing as a new United manager will be to re install discipline and work ethic. Something that probably went out of the window when Sir Alex retired.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
What so, we are ignoring interim managers now? Jesus, the lengths you wil go to defend this guy is hilarious. Worst manager, interim, caretaker or permanent since Dave Sexton.
You just dont understand context do you? Permanent managers have multiple windows, pre seasons, backings to get their style embedded and clear out. Interims dont.

You need to educate yourself, no offence.

didz

My honest assessment of Ralf Rangnick

Body language:
Pay close attention whenever you watch him doing interviews, and in particular you will notice that he constantly shrugs his shoulders.
Definition of shrugging shoulders:
‘To raise your shoulders to express that you do not know, do not care, or are not sure about something’
Now that I have made you aware of this you will notice it all the time now. Heck, even go back and watch his interviews (especially his post-match interviews) and you will constantly see him do it.

Positivity:
When he first arrived and we had a few good performances, he then stated that he may even become the permanent manager himself; suggesting that he was the person responsible for the good performances.

Negativity:
As soon as the results weren’t going his way he immediately deflected any responsibility away from himself, and blamed everything on the players and effectively hung them out to dry.

Tries to take credit for other people’s work:
Before the Liverpool match, Rangnick claimed that Liverpool’s squad was really good and that he was partly responsible for that because he had worked with a number of the players in the past.

Has no control over the dressing room:
Let’s be completely honest about this, the players have zero respect for him whatsoever. He can’t even get a tune out of the players – they have zero fight in them. Ralf has failed to motivate the players.

Overall:
It’s pretty obvious if it wasn’t already... Ralf Rangnick has failed at managing this team.
In terms of his job role of ‘Interim manager’ it has not worked.

When he first arrived it was claimed that Ralf was the ‘Master’ of gegenpressing football.

The only thing that Ralf is the ‘Master’ of is the art of deflection:
‘A strategy to bounce action or responsibility away from oneself and toward another person, time, or place’.
I feel like you're being really harsh on him, but you're 100% right in what you say.

I think we're just seeing a manager in an untenable position, only since we can't exactly sack him, we're seeing it for far longer than makes sense.

ole@thewheel

Dont get me wrong, I like Rangnick, but I do wonder if it would have been any different if Carrick stayed on the interim interim role until the end of season.

Maybe we should have signed Rangnick as only a technical advisor and have him work on the background instead of having him on the green?

We can argue that his style of football was a bit of a 'shock' to our players,and they struggled and still struggle to adapt physically. Arguably keeping Carrick would have been a smoother transition to our new manager.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
Dont get me wrong, I like Rangnick, but I do wonder if it would have been any different if Carrick stayed on the interim interim role until the end of season.

Maybe we should have signed Rangnick as only a technical advisor and have him work on the background instead of having him on the green?

We can argue that his style of football was a bit of a 'shock' to our players,and they struggled and still struggle to adapt physically. Arguably keeping Carrick would have been a smoother transition to our new manager.
A lot of ifs. At that time it made sense to change and it did not work out on the pitch. Off the pitch, it looks like it will and at the moment I take that.

Greck

We could definitely have picked up more points just playing deep sitting counter football but if we didn't mind we would have been after Conte. Once we made the decision to ditch that kind of football we had to be ready to denounce whatever short term benefits it would have come with. Basing our manager assessment on securing top 4 has held us back enough anyway. Its significance on the football side is also a bit overrated. Making top 4 won't have much bearing on a summer window if we don't do all our scouting on Fifa. The financial ramifications won't kill us, we still give managers enough funds with or without CL football.

Slysi17

The big problem in this thread is that all those that are saying Ralf Rangick has done a terrible job are failing to see the club is rotten. Going from the players up to board level. The club is an absolute mess. Getting a new manager in just like Ten Hag won't do a thing. Also getting top four won't do a thing as the board will think they have done a great job. Get this in your head. We have spent around a billion pounds and wasted it. You can critisce Ralf Rangick but its pointless having a full blown go at him. I didnt mean to insult stevoc but it is really infuriating that the main problem isn't being focused here which is the players and the structure above the manager. Thanks to Ralf Rangick, there might actually be a decent structure above the manager. People need to get into their heads that Erik Ten Hag is not at the level of Klopp and Pep yet so can't magically fix things on his own. No manager can.

Slysi17

I’m in agreement with pretty much all that you’ve said there. I still do have some hope that ETH and some judicious signings can begin the process of turning things around, though. You’re right that the situation is truly awful, but in complex states a few changes can sometimes lead to big transformations. Human social situations are notoriously tough to predict. So we’ll see, I guess.
Its not going to happen without the right structure above Ten Hag no matter how much you think its going to hopefully work out.

Slysi17

:lol:

Why would I even argue with someone like you that just makes up stuff on the go...but go on, elaborate on those points I put in bold, I'm very interested.
To be fair Ole's man management was appalling because he would keep picking players who were playing rubbish and never gave players like Bailly or Van De Beek a look in. Players like Bailly were rightly annoyed thinking why is Harry Maguire keep getting picked when he is playing rubbish. Plus even worse Maguire was made captain and it was never taken off him. So their is actual evidence for his poor man management skills. Actually anaylse things before doing a condscending post like that. Its disrespectful.

DSG

You just dont understand context do you? Permanent managers have multiple windows, pre seasons, backings to get their style embedded and clear out. Interims dont.

You need to educate yourself, no offence.
I see.

So 3 months ago, your argument was that Ralf is a great manager and we need to give him time. Now, we are 5 months in, we’ve given him time, he’s had one transfer window, the results are shit, the performances are shit.

Now you are making the same argument that every shitty manager has made, ever. “Not my team”, “didn’t have a full preseason”, “needed at several transfer windows to implement my vision”, “wasn’t backed”, “injuries”, etc.

Delighted that both your comments and Ralf’s managerial record with United are recorded for posterity. :lol:

DSG

The big problem in this thread is that all those that are saying Ralf Rangick has done a terrible job are failing to see the club is rotten. Going from the players up to board level. The club is an absolute mess. Getting a new manager in just like Ten Hag won't do a thing. Also getting top four won't do a thing as the board will think they have done a great job. Get this in your head. We have spent around a billion pounds and wasted it. You can critisce Ralf Rangick but its pointless having a full blown go at him. I didnt mean to insult stevoc but it is really infuriating that the main problem isn't being focused here which is the players and the structure above the manager. Thanks to Ralf Rangick, there might actually be a decent structure above the manager. People need to get into their heads that Erik Ten Hag is not at the level of Klopp and Pep yet so can't magically fix things on his own. No manager can.
No doubt that the Glazers are awful as leaders and executives, but I think you are overstating it a bit. SAF won multiple league titles, a CL, three CL finals and two league cups with the Glazers. We won an FA Cup, another league cup and a Europa League trophy post SAF. We’ve spent plenty of money (poorly). We are dysfunctional, don’t get me wrong, but clearly it can be done, because it’s been done before. A single manager CAN turn this around.

Furthermore, There is probably more evidence that the board is actually perturbed with Ralf as there is that the club has radically changed its structure due to his influence.

People on the Caf are saying that Ralf was behind the recent departure of the scouts… Are you sure it wasn’t because we paid big money for Diallo and Pellestri and they’ve pretty much been duds?

ManRed

Ralf is setting his place at the club. I am happy he is calling out players and showing that not performing and respecting the club wont cut it anymore. Also it lays the foundation for Erik when he joins and there will be a good amount of positivity after these past few weeks. Like we had when Ole joined after a sulking Mourinho

Slysi17

No doubt that the Glazers are awful as leaders and executives, but I think you are overstating it a bit. SAF won multiple league titles, a CL, three CL finals and two league cups with the Glazers. We won an FA Cup, another league cup and a Europa League trophy post SAF. We’ve spent plenty of money (poorly). We are dysfunctional, don’t get me wrong, but clearly it can be done, because it’s been done before. A single manager CAN turn this around.

Furthermore, There is probably more evidence that the board is actually perturbed with Ralf as there is that the club has radically changed its structure due to his influence.

People on the Caf are saying that Ralf was behind the recent departure of the scouts… Are you sure it wasn’t because we paid big money for Diallo and Pellestri and they’ve pretty much been duds?
I really disagree with that sorry. Sir Alex Ferguson to his credit managed the whole football club. There is most likely not going to be another Alex Ferguson. You need to realise that. And also who hired the recruitment staff who signed these duds. It was the board. The football club has a new CEO and John Murtough has come in. However, they still haven't proved themselves yet in my eyes. I mean if the club got right manager within the first 4 or so years after Ferguson retired I might lean towards a manager turning this around. But its been 9 years of mismanagement and choosing the wrong managers. That's a lot of damage that our previous manager have caused who have all been awful.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I see.

So 3 months ago, your argument was that Ralf is a great manager and we need to give him time. Now, we are 5 months in, we’ve given him time, he’s had one transfer window, the results are shit, the performances are shit.

Now you are making the same argument that every shitty manager has made, ever. “Not my team”, “didn’t have a full preseason”, “needed at several transfer windows to implement my vision”, “wasn’t backed”, “injuries”, etc.

Delighted that both your comments and Ralf’s managerial record with United are recorded for posterity. :lol:
To be fair he has made 0 signing and we were already in huge mess before he took over from Ole.

He hasn’t change anything and isn’t a good short term solution for sure, but can’t say it’s his fault either. He never had his chance to play his own team, as players we have just don’t suit his system. It’s already expected, he just couldn’t do miracle works and turn it around. It’s not like he has 450m to spend and end up with this shite, like Ole did.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
Ralf is setting his place at the club. I am happy he is calling out players and showing that not performing and respecting the club wont cut it anymore. Also it lays the foundation for Erik when he joins and there will be a good amount of positivity after these past few weeks. Like we had when Ole joined after a sulking Mourinho
I don’t think that’s the case. I think Ralf would be good in charge of contracts/outgoings/signings, and the fact the players don’t like him would actually be a positive, but I think he’ll be gone or ignored at the end of the season. I think he’s done a poor job coaching the team, and that will be used as the reason to move on from him. I wouldn’t be surprised if it gets sour with United and Ralf briefing on each other. Probably not, but I could see that happening.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
I see.

to say he had a transfer window when he wasn't given any money to spend is a little unfair!

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
Ragnick is an utter fraud ... good at management-speak, self-promoting and quick to deflect blame.
He sounds like a more sophisticated version of Moyes.
How can he keep berating the players in public this way? At the end of the day, all managers need to have a "human" touch ... support the players in public, build their confidence in training and only berate them in the dressing room if it is warranted. If you keep complaining all the time then the impact of the complaints disappear after some time. How many players have actually come out in support of Ralf?
Because they need to hear it? Because its the truth?

This lot downed tools under Ole this season and they never picked them back up again for Ralf because "they were unhappy with [insert nonsense reason]". In general im not a fan of managers airing their dirty laundry publically and throwing players under the bus, but when its gotten this bad its the only recourse

If the dressing room enviroment and culture is as bad as it seems then all the mutineers need to be called out and then promptly fecked off as soon as possible. ETH might be a good manager, but he does not stand a chance at doing something here unless we get the troops in line and get rid of the troublemakers

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
The scummiest thing is for fans to bash rangnick because he bashed players who had and have been downtooling including against our rivals.

We should sack managers every 6 months just so the precious players are protected
feck off twats.

KwendaHuko

I can’t wait til Ralf is out. If he was the doctor, he was supposed to keep us alive, give us the protocol to improve. Well, that didn’t happen.
No Doctor is a magician. And yes we are alive.
The season Ole finished third, on match day 33 we have almost the same point as now. Meaning we are still where we are because of underlying issues which must be solved first.
Ralf has told us the issue,it's us now to accept to do it or continue doing the things which brought us here

Thelongsleevesofblomqvist

The concultant role was a trick to get him, United doesnt care about Rangnick after the season. It seems to have fooled both Rangnick himself, pundits and the everday supporter.

Iker Quesadillas

Supports
Real Madrid
You can critisce Ralf Rangick but its pointless having a full blown go at him.
I think the reason people are criticizing Ralf Rangnick is because this is the Ralf Rangnick thread. The other problems are for other threads.
Ralf is setting his place at the club.
By all accounts he will have a consulting job that might not even be full-time.
It's a limited 'place.' People are just assigning him more and more made-up responsibilities.

Zen86

I for one would be pissed off if we brough 10 new players through the door.

I hope what Rangnick means is that part of those 10 will be some of the academy lads and loanees.

Highly unrealistic to expect that many changes. Reeks of amateurishness to even mention such figures in the press. Makes me question his suitability as an advisor at all.
This is my thoughts exactly. He's obviously done an awful job in the manager's seat, but I thought he could still do something upstairs afterwards.

However the constant wave of excuses, outlandish claims, and general bullsh*t that he's been spreading very publicly in an effort to deflect all blame away from himself is embarrassing. He's successfully vilified the players and staff to the detriment of the club while painting himself as the beleaguered victim in all of it. I'm at a point now where I think the guy is nothing more than a shameless excuse-merchant who I'd rather not be associated with the club. He's out for himself and nothing more. I don't really care what his previous reputation with smaller clubs was, he's never experienced the kind of scrutiny and pressure that he faces here.

If he really was the mastermind here to help put us on the right path, he would keep his mouth shut in the press and work in the background to do what needs to be done, and if nobody's listening, then quit in protest. Instead he's engaging in what's effectively indirect mud slinging matches with the players and stoked the media flames around the club. He was supposed to be laying the foundations for the next manager, instead ETH is walking into a bigger clusterf**k than ever.

Keefy18

The answer to that question is "nobody." But the reason why that's the answer is because there isn't a single manager (except maybe Guardiola) who can guarantee "bringing you back to glory."

What you seem to be asking for isn't a manager, but a prophet who'll lead you to the promised land. But that's the opposite of what a modern football setup is supposed to be. The manager shouldn't be irreplaceable. Clubs hire and fire quickly, they have to take risks and then act decisively when they don't pan out. The club Rangnick "built", RB Leipzig, quickly fired their underperforming new manager once they realized things weren't working out, and went and got some other guy.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Well then, your issue isn't with Ralf really is it? It's with the structure of the club, which they are attempting to resolve by hiring Murtagh, sacking the head of scouting and hiring Fletcher for example and ETH.

You are making predictions of absolute certain doom which none of us can do.

stevoc

No worries mate.

I doubt many are truly oblivious to the need for serious change in the structure of the club but getting top 4 this season and reshaping the club behind the scenes aren't mutually exclusive. I still don't believe that we needed to finish 5th-6th to motivate the club to change and to be completely honest I still don't trust the guys who run this club to implement the necessary changes even if we do finish outside the top 4. I have my doubts that Rangnick will have a significant role after this season and/or that the club will listen to him much going forward once Ten Hag is in place. Hope I'm wrong though.

Gordon Godot

This is my thoughts exactly. He's obviously done an awful job in the manager's seat, but I thought he could still do something upstairs afterwards.

However the constant wave of excuses, outlandish claims, and general bullsh*t that he's been spreading very publicly in an effort to deflect all blame away from himself is embarrassing. He's successfully vilified the players and staff to the detriment of the club while painting himself as the beleaguered victim in all of it. I'm at a point now where I think the guy is nothing more than a shameless excuse-merchant who I'd rather not be associated with the club. He's out for himself and nothing more. I don't really care what his previous reputation with smaller clubs was, he's never experienced the kind of scrutiny and pressure that he faces here.

If he really was the mastermind here to help put us on the right path, he would keep his mouth shut in the press and work in the background to do what needs to be done, and if nobody's listening, then quit in protest. Instead he's engaging in what's effectively indirect mud slinging matches with the players and stoked the media flames around the club. He was supposed to be laying the foundations for the next manager, instead ETH is walking into a bigger clusterf**k than ever.
I do tend do agree that the Ralf reign is proving a bit of a disaster, having been hopeful he could have a positive impact. His long term role remains opaque, I would much have preferred for him to come straight in as technical director (a role Fletcher has NO qualifications for) and then we stuck with Carrick or similar. Relationship between players and Ralf at this stage appears broken. But as with Ole, its not his fault the chaos he walked into nor the absolute absence of coherent decision making

Keefy18

Saying that there are no coaches available means the board never did a due diligence and relied on the recommendation of John Murtogh (a friend/acquittance of Ralf).

If we look at his coaching CV and the length of time he has been out of coaching we can extrapolate this information to find coaches who are out of job that have a similar/matching CV.

Ralf has a Cup win and a second place finish in the Bundesliga as his CV highlights. These are matchable achievements using the metric of top five Leagues in Europe and out of job coaches.

As a matter of fact, most of the ardent supporter of Ralf lauds his club management and revamping laurels far above his coaching credentials.

Thus if it evident to armchair football experts United management team needed to search in-depth to find a passable coach to succeed Ole.
So avoid answering my question then?

There were / are coaches always available, are they good enough or even suitable for Manchester United? We could of said to Steve Bruce to take the job, but that wouldn't make sense, would it?

We needed a quickfire short term appointment and Ralf was the most suitable, unless you can provide me with another name that would of happily taking a 6 month job to then be fired again?

Or the other option was to hire someone permanently immediately to continue right from Ole, but you'll have to give me the names as you seem to be all knowing.

stevoc

To be fair Ole's man management was appalling because he would keep picking players who were playing rubbish and never gave players like Bailly or Van De Beek a look in. Players like Bailly were rightly annoyed thinking why is Harry Maguire keep getting picked when he is playing rubbish. Plus even worse Maguire was made captain and it was never taken off him. So their is actual evidence for his poor man management skills. Actually anaylse things before doing a condscending post like that. Its disrespectful.
To be fair to Solskjaer though Rangnick came in and did pretty much the same with those two guys. Loaned Donny out barely playing him before that and Eric hasn't played a minute since December despite being fit and available for most of that time since Afcon. So it can't be a coincidence.

Last edited:

UpWithRivers

This thread shows exactly why we are in the position we are in. The fans and the board take the players side and throw the manager under the bus. Time and time again.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I see.

No, my view is consistent. And for you to insinuate he had any backing in a transfer window shows what a pile of steaming BS your posts are.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I agree with this. I'm pretty pro-Ralf. I struggle to see how he could get more out of this group, when it treats him like a supply teacher who's not worth listening to cos he'll be gone by summer. However, if he won't give the kids a chance that's something that can be held against him. Why continue to play players who, at best, dislike him and, at worst, actively oppose him?

Memento28

I see.

Do you really think 5 months is enough time to fix the issues with the management, board, players, coaching, and all the other stuff that's messed up in the club? You expect a manager to fix the issues that have been there for 9 years (since SAF left), in just 5 months, issues that a top manager like Mourinho couldn't fix. Even the best managers like Kloop, Pep, Tuchel, etc would need at least 1 and a half to 2 seasons just to get this club and team back on track. According to the logic in your post, Carrick would be the best Man Utd manager because he has never lost a match for us.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
I agree with this. I'm pretty pro-Ralf. I struggle to see how he could get more out of this group, when it treats him like a supply teacher who's not worth listening to cos he'll be gone by summer. However, if he won't give the kids a chance that's something that can be held against him. Why continue to play players who, at best, dislike him and, at worst, actively oppose him?
I think he doesn't want to jeopardize the confidence of the kids by throwing them in shark infested waters. I also think if he didn't have any consultancy role to look forward to he'd have benched the lot of them, I think he doesn't want to become a loose canon like jose yet. Although jose wasn't wrong either because he only went toxic when he wasn't backed against player power behind closed doors.

Fletchageddon

Ralf has exposed the club and the players and that is the best thing for us now.

As much as I wanted Ole to succeed football has moved on since the SAF days. The club needs to modernise and it needs to change its Galactico policy.

The ultimate power needs to lie with the manager. Players need to fear being shipped out.

Status
Not open for further replies.