Ramsey to Juve on a free | Agrees £400k a week deal!

Irwin99

He can't do anything to do a particularly high standard but occasionally has goalscoring flurries. Aaron of all trades. Awful start to the season too.
Agreed. He'll forever be synonymous with that mediocre post-Invincible Arsenal side that showed a few signs of promise but never delivered (the likes of Walcott, Diaby, Wilshere etc.). A decent player on his day but nothing elite and not an upgrade on anything we have. Watching him in the league cup final last year was painful.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Right manager and fit, he’ll be a world beater. Wrong environment and he’ll flop. If we were more stable, we’d be the former - right now we’re the latter

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
pay him 220k/week pkus huge sign on fee and he is yours at the end of season. he is a good player but too bad he doesn't want to renew.

Scholsey2004

I'd take him. He's a good player. I wouldn't be surprised if we buy him in January.

Kos Forehead

Supports
Arsenal and Boston Celtics
We should swap him for Pogba plus cash.:p

Ether

John Cross says Arsenal turned down a £50m bid from United in the summer. :eek:

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Homegrown 27 and just coming to what should be the best years of his career

Would be a great signing for any of the top clubs (do wonder if Spurs might go for him on a free - kinda a reverse sol situation)

wolvored

Somebodys bent his earwith a good offer if hes turning down a new salary at Arsenal and has been playing fairly regularly. wouldnt surprise me if it was Mourinho. Couldnt see any of the other 'top' 4 clubs going for him and would a 'lesser' team offer him the big money?

Mcking

Tbh, he'd be perfect for us if we didn't have Pogba, Fred and Pereira. I think we'd be better off with a DM.
Could see him going to Chelsea though, those blokes at the Bridge have too much sense. He'd be perfect for Sarri's formation or even Liverpool tbh.

DomM

Would definitely have him here, good quality player who also gets stuck in.

Last edited by a moderator:

ArseHat

Somebodys bent his earwith a good offer if hes turning down a new salary at Arsenal and has been playing fairly regularly. wouldnt surprise me if it was Mourinho. Couldnt see any of the other 'top' 4 clubs going for him and would a 'lesser' team offer him the big money?
He hasn’t turned turned the offer, Arsenal retracted their offer.

I rate him, but he’s not a 200k/week player (don’t know what he’s on but he’ll likely expect something around that range I assume). He’s a solid contributor who can score a decent amount of goals for his position, but if he’s not doing that he’s mostly invisible. He doesn’t contribute enough to the overall play, and is positionally naive with his constant desire to get into the opposition box. It seems that his breakout year in 2013 got to his head, and he’s desperate on returning to that level of output which was an outlier and not the norm. Perhaps in a different system he’ll find that next level, but so far he’s not performing under Emery.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Would definitely have him here, good quality player who also gets stuck in.
Intrigued by what the mods edited here!

He's anything but a quality player surely, and I really hope we weren't the club who supposedly offered 50m

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Hey. He's a starter for a team above us in the table. If anything, we are currently an Everton level team at best.
That's foolish logic. We're 6 games into the season, and finished way higher than Arsenal last year.

On your logic, we should be leafing through Watford's starting roll call cos they're "above us in the table"

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Agreed. He'll forever be synonymous with that mediocre post-Invincible Arsenal side that showed a few signs of promise but never delivered (the likes of Walcott, Diaby, Wilshere etc.). A decent player on his day but nothing elite and not an upgrade on anything we have. Watching him in the league cup final last year was painful.
He had that 3-4month spell where he seemed to score every single week, but apart from that you only have to be an Arsenal fan tv regular to hear them constantly slating him.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
I think he's a fantastic player when he can be arsed. I'd take him if somehow Mourinho were still an inspiration to his players instead of a complete cnut.

Mcking

That's foolish logic. We're 6 games into the season, and finished way higher than Arsenal last year.

On your logic, we should be leafing through Watford's starting roll call cos they're "above us in the table"
Oh yes, they are. Going by all the games played this season, they are currently a better team than us and has finished above us four times in the last five seasons with him as a starter. So he's anything but Everton level, probably a level above us.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
He really isn’t that bad or that good, if he performed to his best every season he would be a top team starter. The problem is he simply finest perform to a top level that much.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Oh yes, they are. Going by all the games played this season, they are currently a better team than us and has finished above us four times in the last five seasons with him as a starter. So he's anything but Everton level, probably a level above us.
Just because a team finish ahead of you it doesn't mean all their starters are better than yours.

Irrational.

How is he only 27?

I'd take him on a free. Providing he steers clear of injuries he'd be a decent squad member and a definite improvement on Herrera.

Mcking

Just because a team finish ahead of you it doesn't mean all their starters are better than yours.
No, but if a team consistently finish ahead of you, then their starters are easily good enough for you.

Negan

He would be an upgrade on Herrera so I’d be all for it. He strikes me as a United player.

Kostov

I've always liked him as a player, and wouldn't mind him here for free. How things would have turned out if he chose United back in 2008?

Scarecrow

Having a week off
He is as infuriatingly useless in big games as Ozil. I don't want any more wimps.

fergieisold

The next midfielder we need to sign is a DM - Matic has had his day
I'm not convinced he's had his day just yet. Only just 30 and the game he plays gives him another couple of seasons at the top I think. He's also been, for me anyway, our best signing under Jose. We do need to look to the future though because he does only have another year or two at the top I'd suspect!

I'm not convinced he's had his day just yet. Only just 30 and the game he plays gives him another couple of seasons at the top I think. He's also been, for me anyway, our best signing under Jose. We do need to look to the future though because he does only have another year or two at the top I'd suspect!
Jose doesn't use him sparingly he plays him every game for 90mins that's the main issue. This Is why I think by the end of this season he'll been done.

J_XO

If we’re looking for another cm then there are better options but for free, he offers a goal threat which is something we lack

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
What were his problems last season? I didn't see much of him but 24 appearances, 7 goals and 8 assists is decent?
Lack of defensive awareness in midfield. Him and Pogba in midfield would be a complete disaster

JSArsenal

He is as infuriatingly useless in big games as Ozil. I don't want any more wimps.
Is this the same Ramsey who scored the winner against Chelsea in the FA cup final?

The one who scored against United and Liverpool in the league?

Scarecrow

Having a week off
Is this the same Ramsey who scored the winner against Chelsea in the FA cup final?

The one who scored against United and Liverpool in the league?
I don't remember any of that. I remember you lot against Liverpool this time last year and it was one of the most pathetic performances I've witnessed. He was a big reason for that.