Ramsey to Juve on a free | Agrees £400k a week deal!

ash_86

Take hm for free and ask if they want Sanchez in return.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Intrigued by what the mods edited here!

He's anything but a quality player surely, and I really hope we weren't the club who supposedly offered 50m
Capitalisation at the start. We're trying to get newbies to iron out their bad habits like new sentences on a different line, lack of punctuation and that sort of thing. We hope that if they do end up getting promoted, their posts will be neater rather than some of the mess we see.

JSArsenal

I don't remember any of that. I remember you lot against Liverpool this time last year and it was one of the most pathetic performances I've witnessed. He was a big reason for that.
He blows hot and cold I won't lie but he is far from useless in big games. Ozil has scored a fair few goals for us in big games as well, to say nothing of assists.

Inconsistency throughout the season is the problem, not just for them but Arsenal as a whole. We used to go from 9/10 game one week to a 3/10 the next. Now its more like 6/10 to 1/10 but I digress.

Ramsey is a great player. His problem I think is that he tries to play a game that isn't in his locker. If he just stuck to what he does best, a CM who makes the occasional run forward to score goals. He would be amazing. He isn't creative enough to play further up the field but he is always up there. He can run all day, tackle and dominate that central area if he would just be more disciplined.

Brophs

The One and Only
He blows hot and cold I won't lie but he is far from useless in big games. Ozil has scored a fair few goals for us in big games as well, to say nothing of assists.

Inconsistency throughout the season is the problem, not just for them but Arsenal as a whole. We used to go from 9/10 game one week to a 3/10 the next. Now its more like 6/10 to 1/10 but I digress.

Ramsey is a great player. His problem I think is that he tries to play a game that isn't in his locker. If he just stuck to what he does best, a CM who makes the occasional run forward to score goals. He would be amazing. He isn't creative enough to play further up the field but he is always up there. He can run all day, tackle and dominate that central area if he would just be more disciplined.
You watch more of him than I do, but I would disagree with the boldest bits. He's a good player. Great would be far too much of a stretch. His main problem, IMHO, is that he's neither fish nor foul. He's not capable if being a vanilla CM, because he lacks the positional discipline and tactical awareness of what the role entails and he's nowhere near good enough, both in terms of creativity and technical ability, to be allowed to float around between the lines. He's not a kid any more and he's never shown any aptitude to be able to dominate games in the way you're suggesting. I'm not sure I can see that changing, even if he some underwent some sort of Damascene conversion and decided to simplify his game.

el3mel

Are people seriously discussing getting him ? Last I checked the last thing we need is more deadwood.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
Not that bothered about him going. I don't think he's worth Ozil money and will probably begin declining. I'd like to see us get some money for him but it's not essential considering how much we have in the bank. Preference would be for him to go abroad though.

beingshe7don

We do need new players but Ramsey is not one of them. Our current new set of players need to play under new management and new formation and new motivation. Also, we do not need another aging player. And if I was Ramsey, I wouldn't join a sinking ship.

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
Ramsey would be brilliant in a Mourinho team. Luckily you seem to be getting rid of Mourinho.

JSArsenal

You watch more of him than I do, but I would disagree with the boldest bits. He's a good player. Great would be far too much of a stretch. His main problem, IMHO, is that he's neither fish nor foul. He's not capable if being a vanilla CM, because he lacks the positional discipline and tactical awareness of what the role entails and he's nowhere near good enough, both in terms of creativity and technical ability, to be allowed to float around between the lines. He's not a kid any more and he's never shown any aptitude to be able to dominate games in the way you're suggesting. I'm not sure I can see that changing, even if he some underwent some sort of Damascene conversion and decided to simplify his game.
That is fair, I suppose when I call Ramsey a great player I'm more talking about him at his absolute best rather than how he actually performs week to week.

He does lack the discipline but I wonder how much of that is his own fault or our former coaches. I remember Wenger of all people telling him publicly to simplify his game. I can't remember the last time Wenger ever did that. He tries to play like Cesc Fabregas when he should just be playing like Aaron Ramsey.

Wenger, like he usually did with all young attackers, put Ramsey on the wing to help him learn how to be more creative and improve his technique. It is a less punishing position than central midfield and also calls for more flair. Unfortunately, it didn't seem to work and Ramsey's technique hasn't improved all that much.

I think of Ramsey as a simple player who is doing himself a disservice by trying to do complex things. He should have been reined in a long time ago and told to sit in midfield. If he didn't he should have been out of the team until he learned. But as usual Wenger left Ramsey to sort out his own shortcomings and he is what he is now.

If he goes and learns some discipline and becomes more aware of what is happening around him then he will be fantastic. As it is I have never seen a midfielder abandon his position so much in the past few years like Ramsey did. At times he would leave his partner all alone against three opposition players while he stood there in no man's land, too far forward to help defend but at the same time contributing little to nothing to the attack.

I would have sold him last year but that is more because we keep trying to shoehorn him and Ozil in the team along with another midfielder.

Scarecrow

Having a week off

Alright mate, maybe you know what you're talking about.

Mastadon

Supports
Arsenal
Ramsey should have been sold ages ago. He’s the most overrated Arsenal player in the last decade. The biggest mistake he made was joining Arsenal. Ferguson would have sorted him out and put him in his real position which is as an upgraded Darren Fletcher. Instead he believes that he’s a Lampard/Fabregas hybrid when he really has nowhere near the talent to pull it off.

Rubbish player we should have got rid of long ago when he was worth sormthing.

Reactions: golden_blunder

Ooh2B

Supports
Arsenal
Can’t believe we turned down £50mil for him!

Anyway, I can’t see him being missed and I’m glad the club didn’t cave to his demands, no way he’s in the 200k a week category.

£20 mil in January gets us his original fee and wages back. Decent bit of biz that.

I am grateful for his FA cup winners tho.

Reactions: golden_blunder

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I know what’s happening here. Gonna sign all the arsenal players on free transfers then wenger will rock up and our assimilation will be complete

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
This was the same place that turned its nose up at Liverpool signing James Milner on a free, Dani Alves to PSG on a free was another one everyone laughed at, not to mention the routine dismissal of Juve’s free transfers over the years which have worked wonders for them.

I would take Ramsey on a free anyday, he regularly gets into double figures for goals ever season. In the right role, he’s a very good player and at the very least a good squad option to have.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
This was the same place that turned its nose up at Liverpool signing James Milner on a free
What's wrong with that? He's an average player who was brought up to hate United, I don't see why you'd want him here as a United fan.

Ramsey is another slightly above average player of which we have way too many already. We need real quality — or real potential, Ramsey is neither.

Web of Bissaka

He's a good player, but very limited. Useful in the right setting and a 3 man midfield at least. Excels in attacking movement - specifically off the ball movement running from deep into the box, exploiting the small channel of spaces inside beating markers, he got the sense for that, not many players got that specialty. Fair consistent record of scoring goals/season. His other all around attributes is not that bad, not that good either.

Don't want him here at all.

T A

Ramsey is a real deal, but lacking of discipline. Pogba and him in the same XI is too much adventurous. Would go for him if Pogba does leave though. At peak, PL experience, free, etc

Newman123

Supports
Arsenal
He's a good player, but very limited. Useful in the right setting and a 3 man midfield at least. Excels in attacking movement - specifically off the ball movement running from deep into the box, exploiting the small channel of spaces inside beating markers, he got the sense for that, not many players got that specialty. Fair consistent record of scoring goals/season. His other all around attributes is not that bad, not that good either.

Don't want him here at all.
This. His best quality is when he runs from deep and surprises defenders. He thinks he's better on the ball than he is but he'll get you goals as long as he doesn't try to force it.

I still believe his best position to this day is as a B2B player who can defend well but gets up and down the pitch for those late runs.

NieThePiet

Supports
Werder Bremen, Arsenal
I believe he will renew his contract in arsenal in the end.
Where he could play in Emerys 4-2-3-1 or 4-2-2-2?

Torreira and Xhaka are starters in front of the defense. He isn't a winger and he isn't a Nr.10.
He is perfect for a three-man-midfield, but it doesn't like Emery wants to play one.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
50 million wouldn't have been any use to us last year. If he can do a Sanchez and get a massive raise for doing feck-all then good luck to him.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Why is this thread so active? Ramsey hasnt performed consistently for ages.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
I'd love him at Liverpool, if he can stay fit (big if) he could be a major contributor to our midfield.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
To replace another "OK player" who might be leaving in the form of Herrera maybe? I know they are not the same type of MFs but it's a possibility.
If we manage to "get rid" of another OK player, makes sense then. The problem is: we couldn't offload any this summer to give way to new hirings. But with so many players ending the contrat, I guess a lot of things will change next summer.

Needham

Capitalisation at the start. We're trying to get newbies to iron out their bad habits like new sentences on a different line, lack of punctuation and that sort of thing. We hope that if they do end up getting promoted, their posts will be neater rather than some of the mess we see.
kRist,, you must havea lot of free tim.
how dya zift thoughgh all the newb'ies psosts?
checking for all
That?

Kostov

If we manage to "get rid" of another OK player, makes sense then. The problem is: we couldn't offload any this summer to give way to new hirings. But with so many players ending the contrat, I guess a lot of things will change next summer.
I've read some rumors about Herrera to Barca again recently, also a return to Bilbao was mentioned. I think he might move and Ramsey wouldn't be a bad option, and homegrown also.

Mourinhonista

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He looked great at the Euros two years ago, IMO. If he's used correctly i think he could be a big asset for any club. Feck knows whether the current situation at United and Mourinho would do any good to him. For free i'd definitely take him. He's creative, can dribble and gets goals, on paper a good fit. But i thought Sanchez was also a very good idea :nervous:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Imagine wellying 250k a week into this guy.
It would be horrendous scenes.

ToToMarshall

Our midfielders don’t score enough goals, he at least offers that. He’d be a better number 8 for us than Mata as he’d be more up to the task physically, and he’s more gifted than guys like Herrera and Fellaini. I’d take him personally. On a free transfer to bolster our squad, whilst using funds to tackle the more glaring holes, we could do a lot worse.