Ramsey to Juve on a free | Agrees £400k a week deal!

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
He’ll probably start for Juve
Is he though ? Ronaldo Dybala Mandzukic are untouchable. Then you got Matuidi / Pjanic / Betancur / Douglas Costa / Khedira / Emre Can / Bernardeschi.
Take Khedira and Can out because they're average and maybe Costa if he's sold, that's still 4 bodies to hop over. As good as he can be, if given the choice of a workhorse Matuidi gets in every single time ahead of Ramsey. Granted Matuidi won't be there forever but he still got 2 good years of service.
Should have gone to Bayern or even PSG for a smoother transition but i get the appeal of a Ronaldo team, could be his best chance at the Champions League.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Is he though ? Ronaldo Dybala Mandzukic are untouchable. Then you got Matuidi / Pjanic / Betancur / Douglas Costa / Khedira / Emre Can / Bernardeschi.
Take Khedira and Can out because they're average and maybe Costa if he's sold, that's still 4 bodies to hop over. As good as he can be, if given the choice of a workhorse Matuidi gets in every single time ahead of Ramsey. Granted Matuidi won't be there forever but he still got 2 good years of service.
Should have gone to Bayern or even PSG for a smoother transition but i get the appeal of a Ronaldo team, could be his best chance at the Champions League.
Costa and Bernardeschi play as part of the front 3 pretty much always. Ronaldo, Mandzukic and Dybala start.

Then the midfield has 5 options as of now: Pjanic, Matuidi, Bentancur, Can and Khedira of which 3 start. Matuidi and Pjanic keep their spots but Ramsey is more than capable of winning the starting spot ahead of Can, Khedira and Bentancur.

Noc-Z

ffs
Costa and Bernardeschi play as part of the front 3 pretty much always. Ronaldo, Mandzukic and Dybala start.

Then the midfield has 5 options as of now: Pjanic, Matuidi, Bentancur, Can and Khedira of which 3 start. Matuidi and Pjanic keep their spots but Ramsey is more than capable of winning the starting spot ahead of Can, Khedira and Bentancur.
Yes, this makes perfect sense, I think he could easily start his fair share of games.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Juventus have signed some very good free agents in the last few years, haven’t they?

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
7.2 million net wages, making him second highest earner at Juve.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Ronaldo will rip his head off after the first few games. Ball hog midfielders don’t work with him.

PoTMS

I would've taken him at United. Free transfer and £140k a week for a quality player is nothing when you compare it to the wages we pay some of the jokers that play for us now. In fact it'd be worth it for the outrage it'd cause from the Arsenal fans alone.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Very good move for him. Good to see more British players going abroad these days. I look forward to watching Juve and seeing how he gets on. Arsenal couldn't justify his massive wages given Emery can't fit him in the team and I guess they have a strict budget.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
Even on a free, how the feck did his agent manage that?
:lol: It's ridiculous, isn't it? If I'm a footballer right now, seeing that, I'd immediately contact him about a job.

Sarni

I would've taken him at United. Free transfer and £140k a week for a quality player is nothing when you compare it to the wages we pay some of the jokers that play for us now. In fact it'd be worth it for the outrage it'd cause from the Arsenal fans alone.
If it's £7.2m net then it's £13m or so gross (I think 43% is the tax rate for highest earners in Italy). Over 4 years it's going to cost them over £50m.

That's actually still not that expensive. We paid £50m in just a fee for Fred.

Sarni

Even on a free, how the feck did his agent manage that?
Well that's because he was free. It's basically equivalent of getting half that and costing £25m which would be considered a bargain for Ramsey in current market.

I think more and more players will be moving on a free in the future. There's too much money in football for transfer fees to make sense already.

ArjenIsM3

Pulisic: missed
Rabiot: missed
Ramsey: missed

Next one?
Not really though. Pulisic maybe because he plays on the right, but the way he's been performing this season I'm not sure he's good enough for us anyway. Great marketing potential though. Rabiot and Ramsey haven't officially gone anywhere yet and you could argue they're not the kind of midfielder we need anyway. Especially Ramsey with his injury record. The way they play they'd have to compete with Pogba for the AM role. We'd be better off with someone who can compete with Matic and/or Herrera.

wythyred

Would of quiet happily took him here he's a good player and always has been.

For free it's an absolute no brained. Juve have got a great deal.

SoCross

And thus ends the great Arsenal project where they were going to dominate the league with the best young British players.

Jenkinson, Walcott, Wilshere, Gibbs, Oxlade Chamberlain, Ramsey.

Edited.

Last edited:

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
And thus ends the great Arsenal project where they were going to dominate the league with the best young English players.

Jenkinson, Walcott, Wilshere, Gibbs, Oxlade Chamberlain, Ramsey.
What does that have to with Ramsey?

Also, Jenkinson still might make it! :wenger:

Zlatattack

Yes, this makes perfect sense, I think he could easily start his fair share of games.
Agree. I think he'll get plent of games, especially with rotation etc.

It was a done deal for Juve as soon as it was clear he was going on a free
:lol:

IDK, with him and Pogba in midfield, do you think it might have been a bit attack heavy?

Irwin99

Can’t forget how he just completely gave up against City in the League cup final last year and had Neville slaughtering him in the commentary. Very good player though .

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Good move for him, if he can hold a place down for them he'll be doing very well for himself.

Bojan11

Why are people upset we missed out on him? Him and Pogba wouldn’t work. I think we need someone who can control games and sits deeper rather than another box to box.

RedDevil@84

Why are people upset we missed out on him? Him and Pogba wouldn’t work. I think we need someone who can control games and sits deeper rather than another box to box.
This happens with many players who sign for another team. Someone or the other would always think we missed out on him