Randal Kolo Muani

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I’d be delighted if we could sign him this summer. Always felt we needed two.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
I’d be delighted if we could sign him this summer. Always felt we needed two.
It kind of feels like this may have always been the plan, after moving on from Kane. Just we haven't managed to sell a lot of players - Maguire, Henderson, etc.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Scored the winner yesterday too for the record.

croadyman

It kind of feels like this may have always been the plan, after moving on from Kane. Just we haven't managed to sell a lot of players - Maguire, Henderson, etc.
Yeah not selling Maguire, McTominay and loan deal for Henderson scuppered plans

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
We were never signing two expensive CFs. It was always a case of this chap or Hojlund.

Plastic Evra

L'Equipe reports that a third bid (65m€ + Ekitike) was turned down by Frankfurt. Disagreement on the value of Ekitike as an asset and the player himself ain't too keen either, at least on his personal terms so far.

PSG is also discussing with other clubs for Ekitike so maybe they'll just use the cash they get for him to buff up their offer ?

Plastic Evra

PSG finalised a deal for Barcola (OL) for 42m€ + 8 in add-ons. Don't know if this affect their pursuit of RKM. Barcola is still very raw, this could be another Ekitike situation of getting a promising player but offering no development. He could get minutes if Dembélé miss games for injuries.

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
His agent is Moussa Sissoko, Dembele's agent. Whoever is still negotiating with this agent, has only himself to blame. Dortmund, Barca found out the hard way. Frankfurt is next.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
His agent is Moussa Sissoko, Dembele's agent. Whoever is still negotiating with this agent, has only himself to blame. Dortmund, Barca found out the hard way. Frankfurt is next.
Dortmund are still laughing their asses off about the fee Barcelona paid, I don't think that they are that unhappy about him.

Ragnar123

Supports
Barcelona
Dortmund are still laughing their asses off about the fee Barcelona paid, I don't think that they are that unhappy about him.
In hindsight, yes. But they were furious a couple of weeks and many accused Barca of encouraging this behaviour. What a coincidence, that Muani is mimicking Dembele's behaviour. Is it Barca's fault again ? ;)

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
In hindsight, yes. But they were furious a couple of weeks and many accused Barca of encouraging this behaviour. What a coincidence, that Muani is mimicking Dembele's behaviour. Is it Barca's fault again ? ;)
No, and I wouldn't even say that it was Barca's fault then. Dembele behaved unprofessional and Dortmund made Barca pay for that. Now it's Kolo Muani who behaves in the same way and there definitely is a pattern. But it remains to be seen how that affects the fee, if it damages Frankfurt or if they still get what they want.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Moussa Sissoko and Marco Lichtsteiner(the actual agent) weren't Dembélé initial agent, those two were imposed by Dortmund as intemediaries and later replaced Dembélé agent. They are the ones who changed strategy during the move from Rennes. Dortmund knew exactly who they were dealing with, since it's their "own" people.

Oranges038

Another overhyped 1 in 4 striker. Won't be one bit surprised if he gets his big move and then does shit all at his new club.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Good job of squeezing PSG by Frankfurt. But they (Frankfurt) should have signed Füllkrug...

TheLord

One of those transfers that I don't mind losing out on (not that we were ever serious contenders!).

A 25-year-old striker is typically at the peak of his goalscoring prowess. Yes, he's decent but nowhere near the 90m valuation. I'd much rather go for a cheaper alternative as a stop-gap solution and divert the savings on raw talent. Unearthing forward gems like Saka and Foden should be this club's priority. When was the last time that happened?

Plastic Evra

PSG is really top heavy again but at least it's spread over 6-8 players : Mbappé, Ramos, RKM, Asensio, Dembélé, Barcola... There's also Vitinha (Marseille have an homonym, oi vey !) and Lee Kang-in though those two will probably be played in midfield like Vitinha was against Lens for a 4-2-4 in attacking phase. Midfield is not as deep but I see some supporters wondering if perhaps Marquinhos can't be taken a step up to midfield if needs be once Nuno Mendes will be back from injury at LB.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Still don't understand why they bought Ramos. Not only he's overrated, I don't think he suits PSG type of play. I predict him being another Benfica bust.

MadMike

I hoped he'd stay at Eintracht and we would go back for him next year if he has another good season. Oh well, best of luck to him.

Plastic Evra

Still don't understand why they bought Ramos. Not only he's overrated, I don't think he suits PSG type of play. I predict him being another Benfica bust.
It's PSG, I expect a couple busts (Barcola is young and had one half good season... plus Xavi Simons may be back next year). I think they wanted to have a "true" striker in the roster.

Besides who knows where Mbappé will be next summer.

SAFMUTD

Relatively overpriced and perhaps a good economical reason to have chosen Hojlund over RKM.
Kolo Muani it's a better player at this point. Buts he's 24, Hojlund is 20M. So the potential is there, hopefully we've made the right call.

Funny thing is Kolo Muani moved to Frankfurt as a free agent last summer. No big club was interested. The striker market it's amazing one good year and now you're a 80M player.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Looks like not even 90m was enough and he is staying in Frankfurt. Will be interesting to see how this works out, but this isn't the first time that Frankfurt did this - they experienced the same situation with Filip Kostic two years ago. He stayed and was their best player in their EL winning season.

Plastic Evra

Looks like not even 90m was enough and he is staying in Frankfurt. Will be interesting to see how this works out, but this isn't the first time that Frankfurt did this - they experienced the same situation with Filip Kostic two years ago. He stayed and was their best player in their EL winning season.
Seems Ekitike is still part of the deal. I would have thought going to 90m€ was a way to do the transfer without him. I wouldn't bite if I was Paris.

Edit : And not sure why Ekitike is holding up. Frankfurt is a good club with Euro ambitions, loud and plentiful support, that know how to develop players and he is starting as close to being a starter as he could. At PSG it feels like he'll be 3rd or 4th choice.
I suppose wages and would rather get a rebound in France for whatever reason.

Last edited:

Plastic Evra

Guess it was not dead after all ? Francfort kept insisting on finding a replacement, guess they didn't in the end since the BL window is closed ?

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Now Kicker reports that the deal is done and PSG pay 95m for him - looks like that is enough for Frankfurt to take the risk without another replacement.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Seems like the kind of striker you'd want between Mbappe and Dembele. Could end up being a great front three for club and country.

Does this mean Goncalo Ramos is going to be riding the bench already? :lol:

Idxomer

Way too overpriced for someone who went for free last year.

Plastic Evra

Seems like the kind of striker you'd want between Mbappe and Dembele. Could end up being a great front three for club and country.

Does this mean Goncalo Ramos is going to be riding the bench already? :lol:
I think Ramos will have minutes. Asensio though left Madrid to stop playing utilities and ended up in the same position... Lee also will probably fill gaps. And I believe Ekitike is staying put since he refused Frankfurt, to be at the bottom of the pecking order.
Dembélé will no doubt get injured but there's 8 forwards for 3-4 spots so even with the CL and the cup there won't be playtime for all.