Randal Kolo Muani

RuudTom83

First I've heard a Twitter ITK refer to the "technical staff"

So first question...who the feck are they?

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
The one problem I have is that I believe Haaland has bought back the value of a traditional number 9 more than a False 9.

Whilst this has only happened at one Club, I do believe it’s something we will see bit by bit - you could arguably see it with the hype for players like Hojlund & Ferguson growing with every goal; it’s almost like The modern defenders don’t know how to deal with them.

Maybe Kolo Muani can get taught finishing by Benni Mcarthy - I wouldn’t be against the move but I think it might just fade out as not much of a quality transfer considering his goal numbers in the single Bundesliga season and how that translates to the PL.

This is why I value Kane - he gives us the traditional number 9 that can play as a false 9 & is arguably the player City wanted when they had goal scoring wingers in their first team - something we have currently.

Teja

I mean any forward is better than no forward at all right? Because right now Martial's permanently injured and we don't even have WW.

Looks like Rashford's being viewed as a LW / Inside forward and not someone to lead the line for us for the next 5 years.

L1nk

We've stepped up to monitoring now, progress

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away

We've stepped up to monitoring now, progress
I don't really understand why posters get so wound up by words like "monitoring" and "considering" - like "monitoring" is basically looking at the situation and if an opportunity arrises they will monitor their own situation (other targets availability) before deciding to make a move.

If there was no reports that we were looking at anyone, we'd all be concerned, right?

L1nk

I don't really understand why posters get so wound up by words like "monitoring" and "considering" - like "monitoring" is basically looking at the situation and if an opportunity arrises they will monitor their own situation (other targets availability) before deciding to make a move.

If there was no reports that we were looking at anyone, we'd all be concerned, right?
I mean I was kinda just doing it in jest :lol:

romufc

How good is he? I won't lie, the only time I have seen him play is in the WC for France briefly, so I haven't got a scooby about him.

I have given up watching comps as they don't really tell you anything about a player. For 80m, will he get us 20 PL goals?

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
There’s absolutely nothing in these “continue to monitor” journalist snippets the aggregator accounts frame as breaking news.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
I have given up watching comps as they don't really tell you anything about a player. For 80m, will he get us 20 PL goals?
Whilst he's on an upward trajectory, (his first full 3 seasons of football have seen him score 9; 12; and 15 league goals respectively), helooks far more like a 1 in 2 man who compensates for his lack of ruthless goalscoring by being a better footballer than he is a striker, in the Gabriel Jesus, Anthony Martial etc. build.

romufc

Whilst he's on an upward trajectory, (his first full 3 seasons of football have seen him score 9; 12; and 15 league goals respectively), helooks far more like a 1 in 2 man who compensates for his lack of ruthless goalscoring by being a better footballer than he is a striker, in the Gabriel Jesus, Anthony Martial etc. build.
Interesting, thanks. Wouldn't be impressed spending 80m on that then if I'll be honest. I have to say, I am also scarred by Bundesliga attackers for us as well.

BavarianPride

Supports
Bayern Munich
Very good player but not a classic Nr.9 like lewandowski or haaland. Needs a bit space, good finish, good speed, good technique. Not sure if he can finish instantly in tight spaces in a possesion team like the mentioned 2.

OverratedOpinion

It annoys me because I find football journalists in general annoying and it usually stinks of them needing to write an article but actually not having any news so they just use our name. The fact that there is no substance to it means they can never be proven wrong.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Think this is a fair assessment. That said, I have a feeling he could step up to his 20 goals. 20 goals in and of itself is a bit of a red herring too - that number is almost always achieved by a team’s penalty taker in the league. 18 non penalty goals is probably about par for most 25 goal strikers in this league.

He said recently that he could stay in Germany and go for the golden boot next season, which is at least encouraging to see him prioritise scoring goals. As a player I would hope that he could emulate Martial of 2020 here, and link with Rashford similarly. I do feel there could also be another level in him, but don’t want to be taken as hyperbolic at this stage!

Devil You Know

If we can't get Kane, I'd quite like Muani. A forward capable of brining others into play is what I'd prefer to someone who just scores for himself.

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
If we can't get Kane, I'd quite like Muani. A forward capable of brining others into play is what I'd prefer to someone who just scores for himself.
Yeah, to me, that’s more the type of player who ETH was using at Ajax, and to have more pressing ability in the forward line is the way forward. Think Muani could create space for Rashford and Mount In a 4-1-4-1 or 4-3-3. I’m not sure how good Muani is but don’t see an issue with the type of player he is.

Rolaholic

Poor Tottenham. Ramos and Muani both heading to PSG - Kane replacements are starting to dwindle, unless they fancy a punt on Martial, say.
They should have a look at Felix at this point before Arsenal get back in the mix after Jesus's injury like they were in January.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
How will both ramos and muani fit in the same attacking front three? Seem a bit overkill to get both. Unless they plan to play with 2 sttikers. Psg squad with these signings definitely look more balanced than before. These signings are definitely needed as well because they have been piss poor in pre season so far. Without these signing, I could have imagine them losing the league title

Baxquux

How will both ramos and muani fit in the same attacking front three? Seem a bit overkill to get both. Unless they plan to play with 2 sttikers. Psg squad with these signings definitely look more balanced than before. These signings are definitely needed as well because they have been piss poor in pre season so far. Without these signing, I could have imagine them losing the league title
Split strikers and Neymar wrecking stuff up at no.10, or at least when he feels sufficiently motivated, I guess.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Split strikers and Neymar wrecking stuff up at no.10, or at least when he feels sufficiently motivated, I guess.
Split striker as he bench one? I doubt it. Might be muani play on the left with neymar slowly being phased out, if mbappe leaves this summer. Or they implement two striking system. Both muani and ramos cost £70m plus. They should be starting for most team.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Split striker as he bench one? I doubt it. Might be muani play on the left with neymar slowly being phased out, if mbappe leaves this summer. Or they implement two striking system. Both muani and ramos cost £70m plus. They should be starting for most team.
I’m assuming that poster meant “split strikers” as 2 up top!

Plastic Evra

PSG is the definition of overkill, though I suppose it's also a contingency if they only get one of those two.
Lots of new and seemingly confirmed recruits with fitness issues, as well, on top of Neymar. Plenty of expected turn over.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Poor Tottenham. Ramos and Muani both heading to PSG - Kane replacements are starting to dwindle, unless they fancy a punt on Martial, say.
Highly doubt they would spend that much on a Kane replacement. The club this could hurt is Bayern if the Kane deal falls througg

bosskeano

I just can't see PSG bringing in both Ramos and Muani in the same summer UNLESS that narrative of convincing Benfica to loan him this season with a mandatory purchase next summer occurs....would be a bad maddening for Benfica to do that