Randal Kolo Muani

croadyman

Agree that we can't judge a Bundesliga player on their stats. But there are some good players there.

Hopefully, we are now scouting Bundesliga players properly, looking at their fundamentals, the scouts are interacting with the managers' questions, and we are probing and looking again to see precisely what strengths and weaknesses they have and where they would fit in our squad.

We don't seem to have a good track record of doing that over recent years but new regime etc.
Yeah we have a shocking hit rate from Bundesliga

Bondi77

I hope we steal a beat on Bayern for the KMJ deal, eye for an eye...
If the player is of the mindset that he wants guaranteed trophies at domestic level, guaranteed Chmps league every season and gets paid big money in the process then we cannot compete with the likes of PSG or Bayern.
If the player is of the mindset that he wants to play in the most competitive and best domestic competition in the world and fight for the right to play in the Chmps League and get paid big money in the process then we have a chance.

AndySmith1990

If the player is of the mindset that he wants guaranteed trophies at domestic level, guaranteed Chmps league every season and gets paid big money in the process then we cannot compete with the likes of PSG or Bayern.
If the player is of the mindset that he wants to play in the most competitive and best domestic competition in the world and fight for the right to play in the Chmps League and get paid big money in the process then we have a chance.
Most competitive domestic competition he says, after city win the treble and 5 league titles in 6 seasons. Yeah, super competitive

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Most competitive domestic competition he says, after city win the treble and 5 league titles in 6 seasons. Yeah, super competitive
To be fair over the same period, PL has 3 teams winning the CL. So its most competitive in terms of having to play against 3 recent CL champions in the same league.

Bondi77

To be fair over the same period, PL has 3 teams winning the CL. So its most competitive in terms of having to play against 3 recent CL champions in the same league.
Well noted..
Last season an English club were short favourites to do the quadruple and it was'nt City.

jamesjimmybyrondean

He can be quite clumsy with the ball. But he is very tenacious. He'd try and try again and would sometimes get it right whether dribbles or goals or passes.

Last edited:

Suv666

Some really nice assists in there. Have never seen either of them play but he looks better than Rasmus on yt

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Yeah United single-handedly ruined Bundesliga greats like Werner, Havertz and Pulisic.
Werner had one purple patch season and performed in the PL like it could be expected looking at his complete BL career. Havertz should have been more consistent, I grant you that he didn't live up to his potential.

Pulisic is a great example he was signed from Dortmund's bench and still did more in the PL than the player who benched him. But that player made the mistake to move to United (Sancho)

AndySmith1990

Werner had one purple patch season and performed in the PL like it could be expected looking at his complete BL career. Havertz should have been more consistent, I grant you that he didn't live up to his potential.

Pulisic is a great example he was signed from Dortmund's bench and still did more in the PL than the player who benched him. But that player made the mistake to move to United (Sancho)
More like United made a mistake signing that lazy waster

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Yeah United single-handedly ruined Bundesliga greats like Werner, Havertz and Pulisic.
People predicted that Werner and Pulisic would flop and Pulisic's most productive season was actually for Chelsea. You're just revealing your own ignorance with posts like these. Over and over again.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
People predicted that Werner and Pulisic would flop and Pulisic's most productive season was actually for Chelsea. You're just revealing your own ignorance with posts like these. Over and over again.
No. It’s the Bundesliga‘s fault that United can’t scout and coach for shit. After all, no other club has success buying from there.

Red00012

Hojlund for 40m with add ons to 50/55m and RKM for 65m to 80 with add ons is good deals for us if we really want both on pre requisite that we cannot get Kane. Hojlund alone ia too raw but add RKM then it could help the front lines as it add varieties to our attack because then Rashford can always interchange with RKM as they are able to play across the front.
Zero chance of us signing both

Zed is not dead

While I rate Kolo Muani, you guys are going to be disappointed if you think he’s an all round 9 who can bag goals for fun.

He’s an energetic roaming forward, playing in the centre and drifting on the wings, pressing a lot, making a lot of runs, using his pace and agility to beat opponents on 1v1s.
He can link up but it’s not his greatest strength, especially when he needs to drop deep.

He scores but he assists a lot. To me, he’s close to what Martial used to be, but more agressive although less technical. All in all getting RKM would be having a bit more of the same, but I think he would fit ideally with our other forwards.

Ideally, should we get RKM, we’d need another profile to vary our play, a more classical 9 that can be a menace in the box. I had my eyes on Martin Terrier from Rennes (before his injury), who would have been financially attainable I guess. @Adnan any insights on him?

Adnan

Talent Spotter
While I rate Kolo Muani, you guys are going to be disappointed if you think he’s an all round 9 who can bag goals for fun.

He’s an energetic roaming forward, playing in the centre and drifting on the wings, pressing a lot, making a lot of runs, using his pace and agility to beat opponents on 1v1s.
He can link up but it’s not his greatest strength, especially when he needs to drop deep.

He scores but he assists a lot. To me, he’s close to what Martial used to be, but more agressive although less technical. All in all getting RKM would be having a bit more of the same, but I think he would fit ideally with our other forwards.

Ideally, should we get RKM, we’d need another profile to vary our play, a more classical 9 that can be a menace in the box. I had my eyes on Martin Terrier from Rennes (before his injury), who would have been financially attainable I guess. @Adnan any insights on him?
I haven't seen Terrier play.

But we might need to bring in someone who is a little under the radar because I feel the striker market is a bit of a nightmare currently and we should wait and see how things develop with the likes of Ferguson and Sesko. The likes of Kane, Osimhen and Ramos are being valued at prices that I feel we should avoid paying with several other areas also needing upgrades.

And eventhough I haven't seen Terrier play, if he's someone that can contribute now, it might be prudent to move for him or Mehdi Taremi from Porto and revisit the striker market the following summer. And I would hope more of the transfer budget is then spent on signing a GK and CM.

kaku06

I would be happy with Rasmus and Kolo Muani for £100m or thereabouts.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
I would be happy with Rasmus and Kolo Muani for £100m or thereabouts.
From reports Muani is priced at around £70m, while there’s chance we could sign Rasmus for £60m. So it could cost us at least around £130m to sign both.

L1nk

Finding it hard to discern whether the tweet means, we would have to pay 50-60 now but more in the future or if they want 50-60 upfront but more in addons

croadyman

Finding it hard to discern whether the tweet means, we would have to pay 50-60 now but more in the future or if they want 50-60 upfront but more in addons
Yeah you don't get much guide from that tweet

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He’s now France’s first choice #9. Think he’s on the verge of becoming a real big name striker, and that initial outlay sounds reasonable to me, all things considered.

croadyman

He’s now France’s first choice #9. Think he’s on the verge of becoming a real big name striker, and that initial outlay sounds reasonable to me, all things considered.
So you don't buy into him being wide forward

MUFC OK

Like a better/fit version of Martial. At 50m he’d be a good signing and is versatile enough to be an asset to the squad.

L1nk

If he's as cheap as proposed i'd keep an eye on Bayern for this one too

Abraxas

This is undoubtedly one of the most logical options left. Maybe not the ruthless goalscorer we would ideally like, but at this point I don't think there is an "ideal." There's getting the most promising available that improves us. This guy, Hojland, they're all players that are not exactly fully proven, but this guy has put up good all round numbers to say he can come in and not only score some goals but also contribute to the team. I think he can also create which is nice to have.