Randal Kolo Muani

jamesjimmybyrondean

69m seems alright for him though? I'm not sure how Kolo Muani stretches our finances for that price yet we are willing to spend over 80m for Kane

MadMike

69m seems alright for him though? I'm not sure how Kolo Muani stretches our finances for that price yet we are willing to spend over 80m for Kane
We don't know if we are, to be fair. We are obviously keen on him, but certainly not at any price point.

Woziak

I think we are definitely looking at two strikers and this would be considered the second striker so £45/50m is about what we want to spend on a second striker.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Kolo Muani is 24, should be pretty much the finished article by now, and has proven nothing beyond one half decent season in the Bundesliga which has been matched or bettered by multiple shit strikers over the past few years.

Paying a lot less for the raw potential of Hojlund makes a tonne more sense to me.

mufc_sd

proven nothing beyond one half decent season in the Bundesliga
Muani has contributed 40 goals in 45 games. I don't know what more you could expect from a centre forward that plays for Frankfurt.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Muani has contributed 40 goals in 45 games. I don't know what more you could expect from a centre forward that plays for Frankfurt.
The dozens of goals scored in the Bundesliga by players that have since been proven to be bang ordinary over the past few years should have shown us that production in that league just doesn't fecking count, let alone to the tune of £70m.

I'd need to see a lot to think he isn't just another Werner/Silva/Jovic/Schick/Modeste/Kramaric etc etc. Even Weghorst put up very respectable numbers in that league for years.

huyn

Supports
FC Nantes
Kolo Muani is 24, should be pretty much the finished article by now, and has proven nothing beyond one half decent season in the Bundesliga which has been matched or bettered by multiple shit strikers over the past few years.

Paying a lot less for the raw potential of Hojlund makes a tonne more sense to me.
I dont think he's the finished article, he might be 24 but he only has 3 seasons at top level under his belt. 3 years ago he was loaned in National (France's 3rd division) and struggled there (scored 3 goals in the season). If you had told me 2 years ago that he'd be the french saviour in a WC final and be discussed as a 100 million transfer, I'd have laughed at you. He has made big leaps every year and even as a Nantes fan who has followed him his whole career, I didnt expect him to raise this game as much as he did this year. I dont think he's done improving.

Doracle

This is an inaccurate way of describing it. He has 23 goals and 17 assists in 45 games, so 40 GA (not goals) in 45 games. That’s very good but it’s still mainly in the Bundesliga.

By way of comparison, Weghorst had 34 GA in 41 matches in his last season in Germany, so not much less. I think K-M is better than Wout but I’m not convinced he’s £100m better.

Abraxas

This is an inaccurate way of describing it. He has 23 goals and 17 assists in 45 games, so 40 GA (not goals) in 45 games. That’s very good but it’s still mainly in the Bundesliga.

By way of comparison, Weghorst had 34 GA in 41 matches in his last season in Germany, so not much less. I think K-M is better than Wout but I’m not convinced he’s £100m better.
I guess it's not really a matter of 100 million better when it's anyone versus Weghorst.

It's useful versus useless.

Ahmer Baig

Man Utd transfer target Randal Kolo Muani has reportedly offered himself to Madrid.

goatmeister

Supports
PSKI
As a neutral, I'm excited with the prospect of seeing Kolo Muani in premier league.
While Cowabunga was the star of the show, he's hold his own and made very good impression.
Asking price is crazy but United is well-known for being taken a ride in these recent years.

Lecland07

Expensive for a 24-year old prospect. Those kind of signings do not tend to go well.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
I feel that with Kane being real Madrid main target, we should turn our attention to Muani.

-----------Casemiro
--------Mount - Bruno-----
Antony - Muani - Rashford

I haven't seen much of Ramos, but from some of the small sample, Muani looks the better player.

croadyman

I feel that with Kane being real Madrid main target, we should turn our attention to Muani.

-----------Casemiro
--------Mount - Bruno-----
Antony - Muani - Rashford

I haven't seen much of Ramos, but from some of the small sample, Muani looks the better player.
Yeah out of those two I vote Muani

Zed 101

Not at £100m for me.... but if he comes looks pretty good, just not sure on the price

Messier1994

The Swedish Rumble
I am watching a replay of the Leipzig-EF final of the German Cup as we speak. So much of EF attack goes through Muani. He is much more of their Wilfried Zaha as opposed to just being the striker that pots their goals if that makes sense.

He is a complete work horse, always making runs, fighting for ball, always pressing. And then when they attack, a large portion of the time it’s just based on RKM dropping deep, getting a pass, and then they go from there. He is really slippery and great at opening up a defense with his dribbling.

I think that he is more or less the safest option out there after Kane.

Last edited:

mufc_sd

The dozens of goals scored in the Bundesliga by players that have since been proven to be bang ordinary over the past few years should have shown us that production in that league just doesn't fecking count, let alone to the tune of £70m.
I'd argue that any league's performance should be taken into account. Yes, some players who performed well in the Bundesliga may have struggled in other leagues, but the same can be said for players from any other league. It's about how a player adapts to a new league and team, not the league where they initially performed well. Regarding Muani, he kind of shown his adaptability already when he moved from Ligue 1 to the Bundesliga.
This is an inaccurate way of describing it.
I was referring to Muani's total goal contributions, not just goals scored. My point was showing Muani has the ability not just to score but contribute as well.
I think K-M is better than Wout but I’m not convinced he’s £100m better.
Come on, that's just a weak argument, really. Weghorst is way past his prime, which is why he was playing in the Turkish Super League.
I think that he is more or less the safest option out there after Kane.
I agree, but it's crucial not to overlook Muani's individual attributes and style of play, which in my opinion, is closer to Martial's considering how he could fit into Ten Hag's system he's also very versatile can play in both wings if necessary. With 40 goals/assists in 45 games, his performances cannot be discounted just because others have underperformed after leaving the Bundesliga, not to mention he played well in Ligue 1.

Player development isn't always linear, him or Hojlund both have their own risks.
RE price: I wouldn't pay anything more than £65M.

daba

Not seen much of the lad, but I think we need someone who’s a proper hungry, ruthless, a fox in the box. Osimhen would be great, Kane even better as he others even more in terms of creativity and build up.

My understanding of Kolo Miami is that he’s a very progressive, skilful forward, but not that poacher type we need?

Robertd0803

Dont Bayern normally avoid spending stupid money on transfers? With the interest in Rice and now this has there been a change in approach?

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Dont Bayern normally avoid spending stupid money on transfers? With the interest in Rice and now this has there been a change in approach?
That changed years ago. Just look at how much they payed for Hernandez or de Ligt.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
It seems like we're going to attempt to sign both Muani and Hojlund if money allows it.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I like the way he dribbles at defenders centrally - really seems to scare them.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I haven't seen him play live but from watching his highlights he looks a interesting player. I feel we need a Louis Saha type forward (without the injuries) who is dangerous all across the front line and has pace, physicality and heading ability which would make our attack potentially very fluid.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
RKM should be able to recreate the relationship Rashford had with Martial in 2020 I feel.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
While he's a good dribbler, his passing is very inconsisten to combine with Rashford like Martial did in 19/20
His passing is one of his biggest strengths and he had more than 20 assists last season. He will be fine.

croadyman

It seems like we're going to attempt to sign both Muani and Hojlund if money allows it.

Yeah if we can't get Kane I can get on board with this but still don't see us affording both

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
Very good signing, glad we are not looking at Ramos (even though I barely watch him play:lol:). Muani reminds me of a hybrid of Welbeck and Saha. But Muani is definitely more prolific than Welbeck. Welbeck was vital for us in a lot of our big games when he was here and just imagining what a more prolific welbeck will look like and that is Muani. I am all on board with this signing. Hopefully, Bayern doesn't get involved.

The second striker, being Rasmus isn't that bad either. We will have two quality strikers leading our line.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Wonder if we’ve given up on the marquee number 9, and will sign a couple of prospects in the hope one of them Chicarito’s it.