Randal Kolo Muani

L1nk

I would stay clear of this guy personally. I’ve only watched highlights granted but I wasn’t exactly blown away by his speed or build up play.

Compared to a footballer like Kvaratskhelia at Napoli. Damn that player made me take notice, you can just see the technical quality. Much preferred him to Oshimen as well.

I’d have Oshimen all day long before this guy.
The problem is that Osimhen is likely to cost much more than this guy. Osimhen all day long but he just had to be at that one club nobody wants to deal with - Napoli. What's annoying is this is true for our top true striker targets this summer :mad:

Rozay

Master of Hindsight

Kolo Muani is the priority of both Bayern and United. Both clubs will take action soon and make an offer. Frankfurt want €100m. PSG ‘goes further’.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Frankfurt desperately dangling that €100m carrot hoping someone bites. No way he goes for that much, this is his breakout season, if he showed the same form next season then sure, but there's every chance he could flop.
It is a hostile purchase, there’s every possibility. They signed him less than a year ago, reasonability is the furthest thing they would be thinking of. It would be like us setting a ‘fair’ asking price for Martinez.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
What is PSG"goes further" supposed to mean?
Means they're late to the party and further down the line regarding contacts/offers

croadyman

Frankfurt desperately dangling that €100m carrot hoping someone bites. No way he goes for that much, this is his breakout season, if he showed the same form next season then sure, but there's every chance he could flop.
Yeah it's a mental figure to say the least

Rozay

Master of Hindsight

So that’s Real, Bayern, United and PSG all reportedly interested in the ‘not good enough’ RKM now.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Want.

Usually on the caf the confirmation of Bayern interest in a player tells everyone that he’s good, because they are such a ‘well run club’ and we are terrible.
Bayern wanted Werner.

RoyH1

If Madrid are really interested we have no chance.
They're spending a small fortune on Bellingham. I don't see them doing another "big" purchase in the same window.
Bayern and PSG are the big rivals here IMO

Kalela

Supports
Arsenal
Average bundesliga striker
He is not an out and out striker. He is also far from an average player. He is more like a goal scoring winger. Not exactly the same but somewhat similar to Bale. Very good player to have but if you are looking for an actual striker, he is not that.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Never pay attention in watching his matches with France national team but based on YouTube highlights, his playing style looks exactly like Welbeck. I wouldn’t spend 80m-100m euro on Welbeck?

gajender

Never pay attention in watching his matches with France national team but based on YouTube highlights, his playing style looks exactly like Welbeck. I wouldn’t spend 80m-100m euro on Welbeck?
Young Welback without injuries and better end product would definitely be highly sought after in today's market , if Kolo Muani is anything like him then I wouldn't be surprised if he gets his transfer to a big team even at those prices .

dinostar77

They're spending a small fortune on Bellingham. I don't see them doing another "big" purchase in the same window.
Bayern and PSG are the big rivals here IMO
They still have their funds from the failed mbappe transfer. Dony know what their budget is but you cant rule anything out with them.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Young Welback without injuries and better end product would definitely be highly sought after in today's market , if Kolo Muani is anything like him then I wouldn't be surprised if he gets his transfer to a big team even at those prices .
This guy end product is also lacking and unproven.

Abraxas

I don't remember Danny Welbeck getting 13 goals and 10 assists very often.

He'd need to step up the goals a bit, but if Bayern, PSG and ourselves are all looking at him they're obviously impressed by his overall play and reason he is capable of doing it. It's a bit risky because he hasn't been performing at this level for long.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Scored another at the weekend. 14 league goals and counting (21 overall I think) for a terrible Frankfurt team that lose most weeks isn’t bad.

I liken him in profile to Alexander Izak before Newcastle bought him, who if given a choice today - I’d take ahead of Kane or Osimhen. We need to anticipate the ascension of talent who we feel have the right qualities. That is how you get top players spending their prime years at your club.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Another Bundesliga attackers. Most of the good things that come from bundesliga to join PL teams is their defenders.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Another Bundesliga attackers. Most of the good things that come from bundesliga to join PL teams is their defenders.
Yet their attackers are not to be trusted because their defenders are so useless? Paradoxical.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Yet their attackers are not to be trusted because their defenders are so useless? Paradoxical.
Bundesliga defenders tend to play from the back and playing very high line. That way of playing helps them a lot moving to EPL clubs. On the other hand the attackers are given too much space because of these high line. The defenders are trained playing on the high line while the attackers are spoiled because of these high line.

croadyman

Scored another at the weekend. 14 league goals and counting (21 overall I think) for a terrible Frankfurt team that lose most weeks isn’t bad.

I liken him in profile to Alexander Izak before Newcastle bought him, who if given a choice today - I’d take ahead of Kane or Osimhen. We need to anticipate the ascension of talent who we feel have the right qualities. That is how you get top players spending their prime years at your club.
He would be my third choice IF we can't get either of them. I see him in the same tier as either Ramos/Hojlund but others may disagree

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He would be my third choice IF we can't get either of them. I see him in the same tier as either Ramos/Hojlund but others may disagree
I think he is probably our third choice too, although I think that there’s a good chance that we will be forced to move for our third choice anyway.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Yeah there is a real possibility
That said, there’s also a real possibility that by the time we realise option 1 and 2 is a futile chase, RKM will no longer be available. By all accounts, he may well be option 1 himself for some very useful teams. Frankfurt are reportedly trying to sign/loan Ekitike from one of the teams that wants RKM so there could be a deal to be done there.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Get this lad in and Kamada on a free and sack off the Kane and Mount pursuits.

Frankfurt have no European football as well, so that could help any buying club.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy

Frankfurt have no European football as well, so that could help any buying club.
What's the appeal of this guy? I've never watched him play.

His goalscoring in the Bundesliga seems inferior to the guy who's struggled for us this season, so I'm pretty sceptical of the idea that we should go in to a season with him as first choice.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
What's the appeal of this guy? I've never watched him play.

His goalscoring in the Bundesliga seems inferior to the guy who's struggled for us this season, so I'm pretty sceptical of the idea that we should go in to a season with him as first choice.
For me, every time I've seen him play, he seems to effect the game in a positive way. Be that carrying the ball, pressing, running in behind or creating for his team mates. He's versatile to play out wide too, so lots of boxes ticked.

I appreciate he's not elite in a particular category, but he's a prime age to make that step up.

Brightonian

For me, every time I've seen him play, he seems to effect the game in a positive way. Be that carrying the ball, pressing, running in behind or creating for his team mates. He's versatile to play out wide too, so lots of boxes ticked.

I appreciate he's not elite in a particular category, but he's a prime age to make that step up.
Not what we need, though. We don't need versatile to play out wide; we have Rashford and Sancho, Antony and Amad and Pellistri.

If we can't get one of our mega striker targets, we'll obviously have to take someone younger like this. But the one non-negotiable quality they must already have is proven clinical goalscoring from centre forward. We already create chances, we need someone to consistently take them.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Not what we need, though. We don't need versatile to play out wide; we have Rashford and Sancho, Antony and Amad and Pellistri.

If we can't get one of our mega striker targets, we'll obviously have to take someone younger like this. But the one non-negotiable quality they must already have is proven clinical goalscoring from centre forward. We already create chances, we need someone to consistently take them.
He is quite clinical, but he also knows when it is better to lay off to someone else and/or make space for them. Someone like Rashford would love to play with him. His assists are even ore impressive than his goals in the BL and that's simply because Frankfurt has some more clinical finishers who profit from having him on the team.

And don't get his description wrong, just because he sometimes appears on the wing doesn't make him a winger. What he does is more about movement and interchanging positions so that a winger can get in goalscoring positions, but he doesn't really play on the wing, he just is a quite mobile CF.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
He is quite clinical, but he also knows when it is better to lay off to someone else and/or make space for them. Someone like Rashford would love to play with him. His assists are even ore impressive than his goals in the BL and that's simply because Frankfurt has some more clinical finishers who profit from having him on the team.

And don't get his description wrong, just because he sometimes appears on the wing doesn't make him a winger. What he does is more about movement and interchanging positions so that a winger can get in goalscoring positions, but he doesn't really play on the wing, he just is a quite mobile CF.
I didn't clock his assists during my cursory glance at his numbers. Is remarkably high.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne

As @stefan92 put better, my point was he can play out there, so lots of opportunity for attacking rotation.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
I didn't clock his assists during my cursory glance at his numbers. Is remarkably high.
In fact G+A combined he is the top scorer of the BL season, ahead of Musiala and Nkunku.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off

Interesting. Sounds like a great fit for Rashford.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?

Kane is better than this guy by a mile though.

Kamada is also nowhere near good enough for the PL.

AndySmith1990

Then we're limited with who we can sell. Meaning we have to keep some rubbish homegrown players