Randal Kolo Muani

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Yeah, and after getting burnt on Schneiderlin, Sanchez, Lukaku, or Maguire, we'll hopefully never buy players from the Premier League either.
The portuguese league is a no go zone Anderson, Lindelof, Dalot, Telles and Bebe are proof of that. And don't get me started with Ligue 1 and Eredivisie.

justsomebloke

The portuguese league is a no go zone Anderson, Lindelof, Dalot, Telles and Bebe are proof of that. And don't get me started with Ligue 1 and Eredivisie.
So, how about Bruno Fernandes, Bernardo Silva and Ruben Diaz then?

Come on. Anecdotal arguments like that are just silly.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Yeah, and after getting burnt on Schneiderlin, Sanchez, Lukaku, or Maguire, we'll hopefully never buy players from the Premier League either.
Who is the one bundesliga player that has done good for us by the way?

I think the closest is Owen Hargreaves.

Not everyone can be guaranteed to be a success but we have had some success in the Premier League such as Rooney and RVP.

GledTheRed

Best to avoid the Chinese market too after having our fingers scorched.

Dong Fangzhuo

justsomebloke

Not everyone can be guaranteed to be a success but we have had some success in the Premier League such as Rooney and RVP.
You do realise that the number of Bundesliga players who've gone to United is a pointlessly small sample on which to base any kind of conclusion?

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
So, how about Bruno Fernandes, Bernardo Silva and Ruben Diaz then?

Come on. Anecdotal arguments like that are just silly.
I knew that I needed to add more leagues to make the sarcasm obvious. :(

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I knew that I needed to add more leagues to make the sarcasm obvious. :(
:lol:

EDIT: It was obvious mate, don't think the poster read the post you replied to

HTG

Supports
Bayern
That's not a thing which is why Bayern mainly don't purchase Bundesliga players.
It is not that thing. But there is a thing. And that’s called negotiating. And we are very, very good at it. With English club buying in Germany, I often get the feeling that they just pay what the club wants in order to be quick and avoid competition with other clubs. In our case, some transfers actually take years. We are in constant conversation with the players agents and make sure that we are the only club a player wants to go to. Which makes it easier to negotiate a lower figure than others would get.
So the idea that we are getting some kind of discount is obviously ridiculous. We just know how to make the most of our standing.

Siorac

Of course we had success with Premier League players. We signed a shitload of players from other English clubs over the years. Who was the last absolutely unqualified success signed from another Premier League club? Van Persie, I guess. Ten years ago.

I think we signed a grand total of... five players from the Bundesliga. Of those, one was destroyed by injuries and one was simply past it - neither of those things has anything to do with the league they had previously played in.

The other three were Kagawa, Mkhitaryan, and Sancho. So perhaps we should just avoid signing slight technical attacking midfielders from Borussia Dortmund. And even for that conclusion the sample size is probably not enough.

Baxquux

Of course we had success with Premier League players. We signed a shitload of players from other English clubs over the years. Who was the last absolutely unqualified success signed from another Premier League club? Van Persie, I guess. Ten years ago.

I think we signed a grand total of... five players from the Bundesliga. Of those, one was destroyed by injuries and one was simply past it - neither of those things has anything to do with the league they had previously played in.

The other three were Kagawa, Mkhitaryan, and Sancho. So perhaps we should just avoid signing slight technical attacking midfielders from Borussia Dortmund. And even for that conclusion the sample size is probably not enough.
This is it. Do people think that if we'd managed to sign Haaland after his spell at Dortmund he'd be struggling to hit double figures or something (or managed to prise Lewandowski away in 2013 that he wouldn't be getting roughly Kane-like numbers for however long he was here)

TsuWave

I’ve seen this script before. Bayern going to wrap this up and have a beast of a striker for the next 10 years

aeh1991

Absolutely the wrong type of CF to sign for 100m. He is great, but best used in a counter attacking system where he can use his speed, but in ETH system he might struggle. Also, coming from a lower league where defenders are much slower so his style is very effective. For 100m, I'd prefer Kane any day.

Idxomer

He's a good player but I'm not sure about him, he can be really clumsy with the ball and isn't that good getting into scoring positions.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Absolutely the wrong type of CF to sign for 100m. He is great, but best used in a counter attacking system where he can use his speed, but in ETH system he might struggle. Also, coming from a lower league where defenders are much slower so his style is very effective. For 100m, I'd prefer Kane any day.
What? That's just patently not true.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
What? That's just patently not true.
You must have not got the memo about unbelievable level of defending in Premier League which is equal and possibly even superior to the Serie A from its glory days back in 90s.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
You must have not got the memo about unbelievable level of defending in Premier League which is equal and possibly even superior to the Serie A from its glory days back in 90s.
How ever will he fair against the raw pace of Lewis Dunk, Ben Mee, Tim Team and Eric Dier.

Stadjer

How ever will he fair against the raw pace of Lewis Dunk, Ben Mee, Tim Team and Eric Dier.
Funny to read while Manchester United employs the slowest defender amongst all clubs in the higher rated European competitions :lol:

Woziak

Call me crazy but I have a theory that SJR thinks he has it in the bag and wants Paul Mitchell who has Extensive experience of French and German football, I would go as far as saying that SJR been watching the French league for this very reason to poach the best young talent and he may have marked K Moani a few years ago as one to seriously look at.

And if this is the case, huge worry because it sounds that he’s got his own ideas and they might be different from ETH?

jamesjimmybyrondean

Call me crazy but I have a theory that SJR thinks he has it in the bag and wants Paul Mitchell who has Extensive experience of French and German football, I would go as far as saying that SJR been watching the French league for this very reason to poach the best young talent and he may have marked K Moani a few years ago as one to seriously look at.

And if this is the case, huge worry because it sounds that he’s got his own ideas and they might be different from ETH?
Yes you're crazy

mu4c_20le

Not at all, apparently ETH really wants Muani. He shouldn't be trusted to do transfers on his own anyways, not after Antony and almost Gakpo.

Woziak

He’s potentially world class but all wrong for Us, we should be prioritising ;
1. Victor Osimhen
2. Harry Kane
3. R Hojlund

In that order

Adnan

Talent Spotter

Mitchell's record as a talent spotter isn't exactly great. If you look at the players he's recommended at clubs like Soton, Spurs, RBL etc, then it's a mixed bag. At Soton, Mane was signed under him, which really should be a tap in for a club with a DoF model, with that DoF being Les Reed at the time. Mane's talent was known from the time he was spotted in Senegal by the scouts at Metz and he then joined RB Salzburg from the French club.

But Mitchell also recommended many duds at Soton and Spurs. He did bring in Son, but he also brought in alot of duds like Eric Dier, Victor Wanyama, Georges-Kevin N’Koudou and Vincent Janssen to just name some of those players. At Leipzig he again brought in numerous players with only Nkunku really being a big hit. The likes of Konate and Upamecano were already at the club before Mitchell's arrival.

His record in recruitment leaves alot to be desired. And I personally hope if we are looking to beef up the recruitment department then we should look for someone with a better recruitment record.

Woziak

Yes you're crazy
Crazy with thinking Jim thinks he has it in the bag yep, but not in his desire to appoint Paul Mitchel and get rid of John Murtourgh, both new owners whom ever is successful will want new MD, CFO and Sporting Director guaranteed and that In it’s own desire will mess up the summer transfer plans.

Trex

Crazy with thinking Jim thinks he has it in the bag yep, but not in his desire to appoint Paul Mitchel and get rid of John Murtourgh, both new owners whom ever is successful will want new MD, CFO and Sporting Director guaranteed and that In it’s own desire will mess up the summer transfer plans.
I'll rather a slow transition if there have to be one, or else it can be Chelsea scenario.

Woziak

I'll rather a slow transition if there have to be one, or else it can be Chelsea scenario.
I think most Sensible united Fans share your view but that’s probably what’s not going to happen, let’s hope who ever owns United at least values ETH opinion

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I’m okay with him but his link up play seems more on the counter facing directly at his defensive opposition rather than playing with his back to goal & trying to bring players in.

Don’t know if that’s good or not and what would suit a possesion team more.

Josep Dowling

Odd we are even interested in him. His goal scoring stats aren’t even good in this day and age. How is he worth anywhere near £100m?

SAFMUTD

Odd we are even interested in him. His goal scoring stats aren’t even good in this day and age. How is he worth anywhere near £100m?
His stats are fine, 13G+10A this season. Joint with another 5 as second best goal scorer in Bundesliga.

What I don't like is the price quoted we all know Bundesliga is a very open league in terms of defending. Huge spaces left behind that pacey players take advantage of.

Zlatattack

Berbatov, Carrick, Ferdinand, Keane, Cole, Yorke, Cantona.

Those are just a few I can think of. We've done great with premier league players.

L1nk

I think all this noise tells you it’s likely he’s going to Bayern and we should focus our attention elsewhere

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Want.

Usually on the caf the confirmation of Bayern interest in a player tells everyone that he’s good, because they are such a ‘well run club’ and we are terrible.

Son

I would stay clear of this guy personally. I’ve only watched highlights granted but I wasn’t exactly blown away by his speed or build up play.

Compared to a footballer like Kvaratskhelia at Napoli. Damn that player made me take notice, you can just see the technical quality. Much preferred him to Oshimen as well.

I’d have Oshimen all day long before this guy.