Randal Kolo Muani

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
It seems like we're going to attempt to sign both Muani and Hojlund if money allows it.

I can really see the sense in signing two younger, less-established but (hopefully) very hungry and ambitious forwards for the price of one of the obvious big mainstream targets this summer. Personally I'd love it, can't be against stacking our forward options with young talents such as these.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Never seen him play but I am a bit wary of signing anyone from the bundesliga now. Dortmund have had our pants down too often.

El Jefe

I would love to bring two attackers into our team. The only players in our front three that I care for are Rashford and Garnacho, I think the rest aren't good enough. Amad has potential but I don't know if EtH will be ready to give him the necessary mins next season.

Two new forwards will mean less starting minutes for Sancho and Martial which immediately makes us better. RKM can also play on the right so less minutes for Antony is also a win in my book.

Abraxas

If we did some really hard and good negotiation and picked up Kolo Muani and Hojlund for good fees, it could be really good business.

davidmichael

It seems like we're going to attempt to sign both Muani and Hojlund if money allows it.

I can see it being one or the other but good we’re working on both in case one falls apart, could see both if we mover Martial on but that’s highly unlikely.

croadyman

I can see it being one or the other but good we’re working on both in case one falls apart, could see both if we mover Martial on but that’s highly unlikely.
Yeah not getting shut of Martial will screw up our chances of being able to sign both

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I asked earlier in the thread but it just turned into a discussion on stats, but makes him such a highly rated prospect?

I have seen next to nothing of him so curious as to what exactly he does to a high level, especially given his underlying stats don't suggest he's a particularly convincing goal threat. Really the only thing that stands out statistically is his ability to carry the ball? Are the stats missing something?

croadyman

I asked earlier in the thread but it just turned into a discussion on stats, but makes him such a highly rated prospect?

I have seen next to nothing of him so curious as to what exactly he does to a high level, especially given his underlying stats don't suggest he's a particularly convincing goal threat. Really the only thing that stands out statistically is his ability to carry the ball? Are the stats missing something?
I feel IF (big one at that) we could get him AND Hojlund there is a chance of around 30 goals between them. Yes I know it's not Kane/Haaland levels of prolific

windycityfan

This is exactly what we should go for: an up-and-coming striker with capacity to contribute significantly better than anybody since 2016-17 (Muani, ~22-25 goals), a young prospect that can be molded and grow for years (Hojlund, ~15-17 goals), all the while keeping the glassware (Martial, ~10-12 goals) as a third option to come in and rotate when available. Between those 3 we should have enough to improve the goal output, all the while sorting out #8 and GK.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I cant find the original source, does anyone have the tweet or article that christian falk actually communicated this?

Nickosaur

Really impressed by how unselfish he seems to be. That would be a welcomed option as Rashford and Antony tend to shoot on sight.

croadyman

This is exactly what we should go for: an up-and-coming striker with capacity to contribute significantly better than anybody since 2016-17 (Muani, ~22-25 goals), a young prospect that can be molded and grow for years (Hojlund, ~15-17 goals), all the while keeping the glassware (Martial, ~10-12 goals) as a third option to come in and rotate when available. Between those 3 we should have enough to improve the goal output, all the while sorting out #8 and GK.
Can't we just get rid of Martial

Idxomer

Muani and Hojlund don't have that many goals in them.

windycityfan

Can't we just get rid of Martial
How and why now? His value is at the lowest, his wages are high, and he’s not given much return given how oft-injured and out of form he’s been. If by any miraculous way he somehow gains some form and good health, he can contribute and spell top choices.

All in all, I just don’t see anybody having an interest in him, so might as well keep him. Inter has 3 strikers that contribute. Unless there’s a way to rid of him, let’s see if he can regain some value before he’s cast away.

windycityfan

Why not? A second season under this system, with a stronger midfield, the goals should be there for them, all comps included. Haaland alone didn’t net all those goals- it’s where those goals came from that mattered. Also, a deeper and healthier side should help.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Muani played for a team in constant crisis that also lost it's main creator Kostic just before the season started. Creating chances was feared to be a huge problem for Frankfurt ahead of this season and the way Kolo Muani stepped up as a creator is the main reason why it didn't actually become a big problem.

This should be taken into consideration when looking at his Frankfurt stats.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Never seen him play but I am a bit wary of signing anyone from the bundesliga now. Dortmund have had our pants down too often.
Agree. In order to win stuff, you need proven quality. It’s no coincidence that City won the cl. They don’t fall for these shenanigans and instead built their team with proven quality like Gündogan, De Bruyne, Akanji and Haaland. That’s the way you do it.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Agree. In order to win stuff, you need proven quality. It’s no coincidence that City won the cl. They don’t fall for these shenanigans and instead built their team with proven quality like Gündogan, De Bruyne, Akanji and Haaland. That’s the way you do it.
:lol:

backpass

Akanji? One of the big surprise revivals and not exactly proven in the prem league.

Idxomer

Why not? A second season under this system, with a stronger midfield, the goals should be there for them, all comps included. Haaland alone didn’t net all those goals- it’s where those goals came from that mattered. Also, a deeper and healthier side should help.
Hojlund is just far from ready now, he'll need at least a season to adapt to the PL. Muani isn't a traditional striker, he has never scored more than 13 non-penalty league goals in a season. It's unrealistic to expect him to come to the PL and just get those numbers right away. He has improved a lot in the last year but it's just one season and could be nothing more than a purple patch.

I'm not against getting both of them but there are a lot of risks going that road.

Reyoji-Utd

Hojlund for 40m with add ons to 50/55m and RKM for 65m to 80 with add ons is good deals for us if we really want both on pre requisite that we cannot get Kane. Hojlund alone ia too raw but add RKM then it could help the front lines as it add varieties to our attack because then Rashford can always interchange with RKM as they are able to play across the front.

L1nk

Signing him and Hojlund i’d be happy

I see us only signing one though, and i’d prefer Hojlund and an experienced cheap striker in that case personally

windycityfan

Hojlund is just far from ready now, he'll need at least a season to adapt to the PL. Muani isn't a traditional striker, he has never scored more than 13 non-penalty league goals in a season. It's unrealistic to expect him to come to the PL and just get those numbers right away. He has improved a lot in the last year but it's just one season and could be nothing more than a purple patch.

I'm not against getting both of them but there are a lot of risks going that road.
Absolutely, I don’t deny this. But I’m also being realistic about the alternatives (I’m assuming Kane is from extremely unlikely to not a chance). So, we have to sign someone. Kolo Muani is not the “ideal” product (heck, in an ideal world I wouldn’t even look his way), but he’s among the next best. Again, we have to sign someone to come in as a striker. Who would that be among the next best?

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I think our team is just cursed. I think you could’ve stuck any of the names you’ve given in the United team and they’d have likely flopped. Stick Sancho in City’s team and he’d probably turn into a world beater. You need the team to be firing on all cylinders, even more so to get the best out of system players, and United isn’t it right now. Maybe Ten Hag can change that, who knows.

SAF is the GOAT

He's looking like another flop from the German league to be honest. We had too many of those kinds of players.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
He seems to be hardworking and strong. He gets a header or two. Lays the ball back to oncoming attackers. I think he could be a very astute signing for the right price. Laying ball back to mount and Bruno and onto Rashford and Antony could really open up matches for us. I would imagine this signing is quite heavily data/modelling driven. We do need a hardworking presence, a nuisance and he looks like a decent all rounder.

It would have been nice to grab him on a free last summer though even if it would have been way left field. He couldn’t have done any worse than Wout. He’s going to cost a lot with only one year down on his deal.

Last edited:
He's looking like another flop from the German league, to be honest. We had too many of those kinds of players.
Agree that we can't judge a Bundesliga player on their stats. But there are some good players there.

Hopefully, we are now scouting Bundesliga players properly, looking at their fundamentals, the scouts are interacting with the managers' questions, and we are probing and looking again to see precisely what strengths and weaknesses they have and where they would fit in our squad.

We don't seem to have a good track record of doing that over recent years but new regime etc.

Last edited:

croadyman

What would you do about the striker situation unless of course you see Kane actually being willing to push for move