Randal Kolo Muani

matsdf

His miss in the WC alone does make me not want him here.

huyn

Supports
FC Nantes
Odd how we've been linked with Thuram and Muani in the last 48 hours. Makes me think it's bullshit.

Rather Thuram for CF out of the two anyway. We need someone who can play striker and not another winger.
It's the other way around. Kolo Muani is a pure CF who can play as a winger, Thuram is a winger who can play as a CF. While he likes to drift wide and create chances for others, it'd be a waste to play Kolo Muani on a side, he's much better centrally.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I thought he was quite poor against Tunisia but they all were. The Argentina game I will watch again but was a bit of blur at the time.
He was probably the best player and only useful attacking player in that game until Griezmann and Mbappé were subbed in. Thuram was the one having a nightmare, as was Coman.

JPRouve

Scout
For me, he was a big reason for them getting back in the game. Was aggressive and direct.
Exactly. Until Mbappé and Griezmann came in, he was the only hope of something decent happening.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Was excited when we got linke dwith Gusto.....Thuram and Muani are under whelming and cant believe we after either.

With all the exciting young talent in Frane at the moment they are certainly not the names I want to see linked
Surely you understand we need someone more established that can make an immediate impact? There's plenty of talent in France but these guy's are way ahead of them and performing well in their respective leagues.

Gasolin

I would go for Muani. He replaced Giroud and instantly made an impact in the World Cup final, there is a player there who can help us keep the ball to sustain the offensive pressure. And it’s the kind of player we need. There’s just the finishing… we need a clinical finisher too.

davidmichael

So we didn’t sign Gakpo because we couldn’t afford £37 million yet paying for £53 million for Muani ? Makes sense.

JPRouve

Scout
So we didn’t sign Gakpo because we couldn’t afford £37 million yet paying for £53 million for Muani ? Makes sense.
Or we didn't sign Gakpo because we didn't want Gakpo.

Conor

Can't believe people are going on like he missed a sitter in the final, he came on and played very well and it was an unbelievable save from Martinez.

Jev

Can't believe people are going on like he missed a sitter in the final, he came on and played very well and it was an unbelievable save from Martinez.
Yeah, it's daft. Many people on here seem to think that if a chance does not go in, it automatically means it must have been a crap finish.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I thought it was a bit of a Guivarc'h performance myself, without a Zizou to bail him out. He also missed connecting with a delicious cross from Mbappe moments earlier.

That being said, know nothing else about him. But that price suggests he's some huge talent, while there's another "report" speculating Thuram might go for 15m.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I thought it was a bit of a Guivarc'h performance myself, without a Zizou to bail him out. He also missed connecting with a delicious cross from Mbappe moments earlier.

That being said, know nothing else about him. But that price suggests he's some huge talent, while there's another "report" speculating Thuram might go for 15m.
Thuram price is due to contract length. And if you come on in the final for France you more than likely are some huge talent

Bondi77

If we have this sort of money available which I doubt then I reckon we could get David for cheaper.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Looked good for France in the WC but this is clearly agent talk.
His miss in the WC alone does make me not want him here.
The keeper saved it, his shot was on target. that isn't a miss.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Thuram price is due to contract length. And if you come on in the final for France you more than likely are some huge talent
What about Eder, scorer of goal? I don't subscribe to that logic, though of course it may mean you are a huge talent. The price bit (Thuram) makes sense though.

About Muani though - how would people describe him as a player?

RVN1991

He struck me as a player who would do well in a lower half premier league side because of his physical gifts, never did I see a player worth anything close to 60 million though.

jeepers

French Welbeck. Hard pass, especially for the price quoted.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
What about Eder, scorer of goal? I don't subscribe to that logic, though of course it may mean you are a huge talent. The price bit (Thuram) makes sense though.

Eder plays for France?

matsdf

Looked good for France in the WC but this is clearly agent talk.

The keeper saved it, his shot was on target. that isn't a miss.
Fair enough it was a really good save, but he should have scored though.
And to be frank my point wasn't that he's bad, just that he missed that chance and will always remind me of that moment and therefor I do not want him.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Think our accounts showed we have £29m in cash reserves, which means the only way we can sign someone is a smaller figure upfront and the rest in installments.
Thanks, wasn't aware of that.

Bondi77

He struck me as a player who would do well in a lower half premier league side because of his physical gifts, never did I see a player worth anything close to 60 million though.
Normally that would be the case but throw in the magic name of Manchester United and the price more than doubles!

ForEverEleven

Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Unreal player, the amount of ignorance in this thread is staggering. United would be blessed to have him. But not happening in January.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
He's not available this winter. And he would be quite expensive in summer since the Eintracht only just signed him.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Fast center forward who likes to roam around a bit and also is quite good at dribbling, which means he can create as well as score, actually as we see he has more assists than goals this season despite being a CF.

So he isn't like Haaland who sits at the end of almost every attack, but he compliments a front three well who are good at goalscoring themselves (Frankfurt's 10 Kamada is the most efficient scorer in Europe this season, that's also due to Kolo Muani assisting and creating space).

So I believe he could be a good choice playing in front of Rashford and Bruno who both like to get into goalscoring positions themselves, he would be a bad choice together with only classic wingers who just try to assist.

However I think he is a bit weak in static situations and unlikely to beat a strong CB to a header, he would rely more on movement than on strength in those situations so I don't think he would be the best choice against parked busses when this space just isn't there.

That said I massively doubt he would be for sale. Frankfurt has other players that are likely going to leave like Kamada, so they have zero motivation to think about selling Kolo Muani now.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Fast center forward who likes to roam around a bit and also is quite good at dribbling, which means he can create as well as score, actually as we see he has more assists than goals this season despite being a CF.

So he isn't like Haaland who sits at the end of almost every attack, but he compliments a front three well who are good at goalscoring themselves (Frankfurt's 10 Kamada is the most efficient scorer in Europe this season, that's also due to Kolo Muani assisting and creating space).

So I believe he could be a good choice playing in front of Rashford and Bruno who both like to get into goalscoring positions themselves, he would be a bad choice together with only classic wingers who just try to assist.

However I think he is a bit weak in static situations and unlikely to beat a strong CB to a header, he would rely more on movement than on strength in those situations so I don't think he would be the best choice against parked busses when this space just isn't there.

That said I massively doubt he would be for sale. Frankfurt has other players that are likely going to leave like Kamada, so they have zero motivation to think about selling Kolo Muani now.
Cheers for that. I confess to not having seen him at all prior to the World Cup. Sounds like an interesting player. Maybe not that dissimilar to Felix, though Felix would probably be more thrifty against a low block. Seen the price bandied about being anywhere from 50-70m, which might just be a made-up story or his agent looking to upgrade his current deal then.

SAFMUTD

Never heard of him before the world cup. Anyway I doubt we'l spend 50M on anybody this window, my bet is Marcus Thuram for 10-15M.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Seen the price bandied about being anywhere from 50-70m, which might just be a made-up story or his agent looking to upgrade his current deal then.
If there was an inquiry about him it's possi le that this was Frankfurt's first response.

I doubt agent involvement because of the way his transfer to Frankfurt was done, which was very easy and done by concincing the player.

bringbackbebe

Think our accounts showed we have £29m in cash reserves, which means the only way we can sign someone is a smaller figure upfront and the rest in installments.
That's not how it works. Clubs don't keep a lot of cash in reserves because it's low yielding. There's also overdraft limits to use. United are well within limits there.