Randal Kolo Muani

avgp_1

Not surprised. Joined this summer and that's pretty much the going amount in the PL for attacking talent

MadMike

Yeah, good luck with that. That will make people think twice about going there or run their contracts down.
Why wouldn't they have luck with that? He's literally in the first year of a 5 year contract there. Same thing happened with Enzo Fernandez, moved to Benfica in the summer and 6 months later sold for €120m.

It's not cheap to get players from clubs where they recently signed to, after a break out season. Same thing Dortmund has been doing with their startlets. You can get them after 2, maybe 3 years there. But if you try to take them after only 1 season there, be prepared for 9 figures. It has served them well, if I recall correctly.

MadMike

These things will only happen if we get rich owners before summer.

Otherwise better prepare for a window where we sign mostly cheap/free players like Rabiot, Thuram maybe Sabitzer if he does well etc.

Mainoldo

Otherwise better prepare for a window where we sign mostly cheap/free players like Rabiot, Thuram maybe Sabitzer if he does well etc.
Don’t mind. With the City case we will soon see the silly expectation that money will be spent wildly by EPL clubs.

Except for Chelsea until someone does something about it.

footballbite

I disagree, but just a bit. I think it makes sense to compare the heatmaps to get a better understanding for where players are active, Sofascore has some nice ones:
https://www.sofascore.com/player/randal-kolo-muani/871706
https://www.sofascore.com/player/marcus-rashford/814590
https://www.sofascore.com/player/erling-haaland/839956

You are right that Rashford and Kolo Muani are somewhat comparable, while Haaland for example definitely has a different skillset (looking at their attribute overview). The heatmaps show that Rashford usually plays wide and sometimes moves inside, while Kolo Muani is a bit all over the place, so there definitely are similar and quite different to Haaland, who always stays in the center.

But I disagree that Kolo Muani would be useless because you have Rashford. Rashford never looked that comfortable to me when he actually played in the center while obviously he is happy to run into the center from wide positions. Kolo Muani is a very good partner for such players as his movement and passing opens up spaces and creates assists for exactly this kind of runs.
Looking at that, both Rashford and Muani still much prefer to score coming inside from the left-side of the penalty box. Their preferred style of play is also to make runs in behind the defence.

They'd step on each other's toes quite a lot of played together.

Considering the range of striker options out there I don't see how his profile is complementary to what Utd need.

(as an additional note, Rashford has improved his play as a CF quite a bit this season when he's been used there)

Rapidviennafan

Supports
Rapid Vienna
Following the German Bundesliga intensively, I believe Randal Kolo Muani is extremely strong. I believe he will be together with Mbappe the standard forward players of France for the next years. Whenever they played together at the World Cup, you can see that this fits. I am not sure, if he really goes to another club in summer, but if, I do not see him in England. I see him playing at PSG (Neymar is always injured, Messi is getting old) and the price will be around 100m EUR.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I think its between this guy and kane. They can pass very well.

NoPace

Weghorst staying, Sabitzer (25M), David/Gouiri (45M), a free transfer like Kamada/Tielemans/Rabiot/Dahoud to shore up the midfield, a 20M keeper and a young 20-30M type replacement for Maguire feels like the sort of conservative summer I could see if Ten Hag is given a roughly 80M net spend budget, with McTominay (25), Maguire (20) and Martial (10M, he's on huge wages but the striker market is desperate) going.

Or he might spend it all on Timber or De Jong and then play chicken with the board to get a striker.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
L'Equipe reckons FF would only settle for that :lol: :lol:
Which is plausible considering that he signed a five year contract in the summer. You can expect a transfer fee close to real value one or two years before a contract ends, not four years.

Or in other words, read that number as a polite way to say "feck off we won't sell"

Bojan Djordjic

Why wouldn't they have luck with that? He's literally in the first year of a 5 year contract there. Same thing happened with Enzo Fernandez, moved to Benfica in the summer and 6 months later sold for €120m.

It's not cheap to get players from clubs where they recently signed to, after a break out season. Same thing Dortmund has been doing with their startlets. You can get them after 2, maybe 3 years there. But if you try to take them after only 1 season there, be prepared for 9 figures. It has served them well, if I recall correctly.
They're a selling club and like most mid-range clubs outside of the UK, players join them with the expectation that if a bigger club offers a good price, they can get their move. Kolo-Muani is just nowhere near Enzo Fernandez potential and shouldn't be priced in the same ballpark. He's already 24 and has never scored close to 20 league goals and is currently outperforming his expected goals by a decent margin so even the level he's scoring at now (which is well behind elite strikers) looks unsustainable over time. He's a decent player but his strength seems to be his dribbling/playmaking rather than scoring. However, the point is that the agents of high potential players might think twice about choosing Frankfurt as a stepping stone club if they're pricing players out of good moves.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
However, the point is that the agents of high potential players might think twice about choosing Frankfurt as a stepping stone club if they're pricing players out of good moves.
Just no. If he had planned on moving on fast, he wouldn't have needed to sign a five year contract. In that case he could have simply demanded a three year contract which would allow him to be sold more quickly (especially as he signed as a free agent for Frankfurt). You are right that Frankfurt is a stepping stone on the way to bigger clubs, but already when he signed it was relatively clear who will be leaving Frankfurt next summer and that it won't be his turn yet. Of course except someone is willing to pay crazy money.

PSV

€100m for a guy who went to FF on a free last summer and has scored 12 goals in all competitions?!

Wtf is Rashford worth??
I think it's quite normal to hype players on a run. French paper hyping a French player? Now have we seen anything similar in the UK?

I think we agree somewhat on this forum that Rashford is on a roll, but this guy is on a bigger roll:

Last 14 club games:
Rashford - 11 goals & 5 assists.
Kolo Muani - 12 goals & 8 assists.

There's also the fact he's on a recently signed long-term contract and Rashford has 1,5 years left.

His form right now could probably defend the €100m tag, but what I can see happening is either his form dipping and some club swooping in at €50-60m come summer with the assumption its just a dip, or he keeps it up until the end of season and Chelsea swoops in at €225m.

If we do end up negotiating with Frankfurt we didn't do ourselves any favour this summer by paying what we did for Antony. This guy is already worth more according to transfermarkt.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Possibly a harsh red card against Napoli tonight but I thought he looked lively in the first half. Had Kim booked at one point I believe and was causing a lot of problems.

NoPace

Watched the game, red card was a random fluke. His team only pressed the ball when Napoli got it 5 yards or so over the halfway line, so not a surprise he did his best work as a sad lone striker trying to pinch the ball off Lobotka and lay it off first time for their attacking mids on the counter.

Pros:
-Good flicks/lay offs
-Worked very hard defensively
-Runs the channels well

Cons:
-Didn't really get into many goalscoring opportunities, though he had no service.

Neutral:
-Backs himself in tight spaces to use his long legs to create, even if he's not quite there yet

Really contrasting job compared to Osimhen, who played right on the offside line smack dab between the CBs. If you have a team whose wingers can win battles out wide and midfielders and fullbacks who can play quick balls in behind/over the top, you'd back Osimhen to score 35+ times a year (all comps) like he will this year if he stays healthy.

Kolo Muani could do the job Weghorst has been doing here this past week but also run and be a threat in the right half-space going forward, which Weghorst isn't, but is generally open with Rashford center-left and Antony wide or Bruno deeper.

If we signed him, I assume we'd mainly line up like this:

-----Rashford--------Kolo Muani------------------
-----------------------Bruno------------Antony
-----Sabitzer/Eriksen--------------------------------
Shaw-----------Casemiro-------------Dalot/RB
---------Lisandro--------Varane----------------------
----------------------Keeper------------------------------

whereas with Osimhen you'd have Rashford as a proper left winger and Bruno a little deeper and center-right, looking to pop balls in behind for Osimhen.

Also works like this:

---------------------------Sancho--------Bruno

and then when Rashford is out is when you'd have a huge gulf between Osimhen and Kolo Muani as options since say:

Sancho--------Kolo Muani------------------
------------------------Bruno---------------Antony

is likely too short on goal threat.

Looking at the top 100 Prem goals scorers of all time, the comparisons that come to mind stylistically is probably Welbeck, though Kolo Muani is an average goalscorer not a below average one like our beloved Danny. So, yeah, what if Welbeck but say 12 goals in 25 starts and 10 sub appearances most years, instead of 6-8. 40-50M in this current era and with our needs? Sure. 80M? No.

It's sort of like Ramos, where he looks the part for a 50M but not for 70M+, and with Ramos being 2.5 years younger, you'd probably buy him and hope he becomes a real monster strength-wise in his mid 20s.

avgp_1

Watched the game, red card was a random fluke. His team only pressed the ball when Napoli got it 5 yards or so over the halfway line, so not a surprise he did his best work as a sad lone striker trying to pinch the ball off Lobotka and lay it off first time for their attacking mids on the counter.

Pros:
-Good flicks/lay offs
-Worked very hard defensively
-Runs the channels well

Cons:
-Didn't really get into many goalscoring opportunities, though he had no service.

Neutral:
-Backs himself in tight spaces to use his long legs to create, even if he's not quite there yet

Really contrasting job compared to Osimhen, who played right on the offside line smack dab between the CBs. If you have a team whose wingers can win battles out wide and midfielders and fullbacks who can play quick balls in behind/over the top, you'd back Osimhen to score 35+ times a year (all comps) like he will this year if he stays healthy.

Kolo Muani could do the job Weghorst has been doing here this past week but also run and be a threat in the right half-space going forward, which Weghorst isn't, but is generally open with Rashford center-left and Antony wide or Bruno deeper.

If we signed him, I assume we'd mainly line up like this:

-----------------------Bruno------------Antony

whereas with Osimhen you'd have Rashford as a proper left winger and Bruno a little deeper and center-right, looking to pop balls in behind for Osimhen.

Also works like this:

---------------------------Sancho--------Bruno

and then when Rashford is out is when you'd have a huge gulf between Osimhen and Kolo Muani as options since say:

Sancho--------Kolo Muani------------------
------------------------Bruno---------------Antony

is likely too short on goal threat.

Looking at the top 100 Prem goals scorers of all time, the comparisons that come to mind stylistically is probably Welbeck, though Kolo Muani is an average goalscorer not a below average one like our beloved Danny. So, yeah, what if Welbeck but say 12 goals in 25 starts and 10 sub appearances most years, instead of 6-8. 40-50M in this current era and with our needs? Sure. 80M? No.

It's sort of like Ramos, where he looks the part for a 50M but not for 70M+, and with Ramos being 2.5 years younger, you'd probably buy him and hope he becomes a real monster strength-wise in his mid 20s.
I think where he is easily beats Ramos is on his own he can create things through his dribbling, can rotate and combine with Rashford on the left channel, very much like Martial used to. He is the closest to Martial among those linked with us

NoPace

I think where he is easily beats Ramos is on his own he can create things through his dribbling, can rotate and combine with Rashford on the left channel, very much like Martial used to. He is the closest to Martial among those linked with us
I don't see the slickness of Martial at all, but he can dribble a bit.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Decent but I don't see an elite striker in him. Much rather Osimhen over anyone. Kane the only one who would compete there as I think he would be great for Rashford but generally, osimhen I think would be best. Others aren't anywhere close.

avgp_1

I don't see the slickness of Martial at all, but he can dribble a bit.
He actually has very quick feet and dribbles a lot for a CF by dropping deep or going out on either of the wings, and taking on defenders especially when the game opens up. Though he does lose balance at times, but it most often creates openings.

He is yet to become a proper goalscorer though, he still misses random chances

Bondi77

100mil for a guy I never heard off until the World Cup :houllier: ....Get out of here!

MadMike

Possibly a harsh red card against Napoli tonight but I thought he looked lively in the first half. Had Kim booked at one point I believe and was causing a lot of problems.
I thought the same. He is a handful. Although anything above 60 and you’re overpaying imo. He lacks a bit of finesse

Bondi77

I remember when we nabbed Chica for 6mil before a World Cup and he scored about 20 in his first season....now that is what I call good transfer business.

NoPace

He actually has very quick feet and dribbles a lot for a CF by dropping deep or going out on either of the wings, and taking on defenders especially when the game opens up. Though he does lose balance at times, but it most often creates openings.

He is yet to become a proper goalscorer though, he still misses random chances
Yeah, he can dribble, but in a rangy tall guy way more than Martial, who is just a winger who put on a bit of size and that and injuries probably cost him being the kind of dribbler who can play out wide.

Cal?

CR7 fan
I still see that miss everytime I see him, do not want!

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Every mother’s son has a 100m price tag these days. Selling clubs taking the piss as usual.
No, it is the buying clubs like Chelsea that destroy the market „value“. Not the clubs now holding out for ridiculous fees when selling.