Randal Kolo Muani

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He’s high on my list. Only that we will be sort of banking on him to ‘explode’ so to speak - but he has all the tools. Can drop and link, can dribble, has size, strength and speed, and can finish. The only concern is that the sample is relatively small for what Frankfurt would demand. But there’s potentially a top player in him.

BayernFan87

Supports
Bayern Munich
Im still not completely sold on Muani, especially for that price tag.

Id bet that Osimhen would do better for you.

And Kamada is a good player, but nothing more. He wouldnt strenghten your squad at all.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Not many guarantees on the market. Kane and Osimhen are the most proven options, although both come with their own question marks. If we want the perfect striker for us, we’re probably going to have to make one. Kolo fits into that bracket a bit, but you never know which way it will go. Quite feasibly though, in 6/12 months he’s established as the new France 9 for life after Benzema and Giroud, has scored some more european goals and is the hottest striker on the market.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
€120m! :lol:

World has gone mad. Nobody even knew who he was at the start of the season.

PSV

I'd rather just punt €15m or so at Pavlidis.

€120m is outrageous.

saivet

€120m! :lol:

World has gone mad. Nobody even knew who he was at the start of the season.
Crazy, though I can't see us bidding that amount without going for Kane or Osimen first in any case. This kind of fee would probably get the one of the other two or at the very least be close to getting one of them.

aeh1991

You all moan over Sancho not being good enough for us, but would take Kolo Muani or Daichi Kamada? Sancho was outstanding in the Bundesliga before he joined us while these two are a bit better than average players there. Would be mental to spend 120m on Muani.

RyRy11

Don't want us shopping in the Bundesliga for strikers. Our Wout managed a goal every two games in that league not too long ago. Not to mention our past Dortmund signings.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Haven't seen a single second of him but his stats are extremely mediocre, so I'm curious as to what makes him so apparently highly rated?

And by extremely mediocre I mean his underlying goal threat in the Bundesliga this season has been the same as Neal Maupay's in the PL. Except this isn't Maupay's best season in that regard, whereas it is this guy's best so far. That sort of mediocre.

And a lot of his general play stats look poor on top of that. So much so that I had to actually double check that I was looking at the right person. So what gives?

Last edited:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Don't want us shopping in the Bundesliga for strikers. Our Wout managed a goal every two games in that league not too long ago. Not to mention our past Dortmund signings.
Depends on the player. It was the job of our scouts to flag the lack of ruggedness of Sancho and pay extra attention to his display in Europe or for England. I’m sure people would be delighted to have prime Firmino in their team or KDB in the midfield. Martinez from the Dutch league has been an incredible signing. Id happily have the club pay 100m for him.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I swear I saw this guy referenced as a "maybe but meh" kinda option in January?
He actually looks good based on the clips but it’s just funny that every slightly hyped player has this 100m tag thrown on them. I used to chuckle when the likes of Belotti got it back in the day but now it’s basically everyone. Liverpool and United have contributed with the Nunez and Antony transfers with Boeley turning it all into a farce thereafter.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Really like him. That price tag is insane, though. Would never get him for that.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Haven't seen a single second of him but his stats are extremely mediocre, so I'm curious as to what makes him so apparently highly rated?

And by extremely mediocre I mean his underlying goal threat in the Bundesliga this season has been the same as Neal Maupay's in the PL. Except this isn't Maupay's best season in that regard, whereas it is this guy's best so far. That sort of mediocre.

And a lot of his general play stats look poor on top of that. So much so that I had to actually double check that I was looking at the right person. So what gives?
11 goals and 10 assists in 23 games is not mediocre. Those are very good stats for a BL player, how is his goal threat similar to Maupay ? I'm confused :confused:

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
11 goals and 10 assists in 23 games is not mediocre. Those are very good stats for a BL player, how is his goal threat similar to Maupay ? I'm confused :confused:
His returns have been good this season, because he has overperformed his underlying stats in a massive way.

In per 90 terms, he has 0.53 goals from 0.36 npxG and 0.48 assists from 0.17 xA in the league. It's that underlying goal threat (which we know is a better indicator of future returns than past returns) that is on par with Maupay.

In other words the stats are screaming "unsustainable hot streak".

Baneofthegame

Well Sancho stats were even greater, nothing I've seen about Muani suggests he's anywhere near a 120 million euro player whatsoever.

Drizzle

He looks pretty good. Fast, dynamic, comfortable playing central or off the left which is handy for us. But he's not good enough to be the main striker of the Ten Hag era, so unless he's cheap (and he very much is not cheap) we'll need to swerve him.

luke511

Not many guarantees on the market. Kane and Osimhen are the most proven options, although both come with their own question marks. If we want the perfect striker for us, we’re probably going to have to make one. Kolo fits into that bracket a bit, but you never know which way it will go. Quite feasibly though, in 6/12 months he’s established as the new France 9 for life after Benzema and Giroud, has scored some more european goals and is the hottest striker on the market.
Hmm, he's more of a winger style forward than a 9 though. Whenever he's played as a striker it's been in a 5 at the back formation, for Nantes it was the same, when they played 4 at the back he played as a winger. Far too much of an unknown to be spending over the odds on him.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
His returns have been good this season, because he has overperformed his underlying stats in a massive way.

In per 90 terms, he has 0.53 goals from 0.36 npxG and 0.48 assists from 0.17 xA in the league. It's that underlying goal threat (which we know is a better indicator of future returns than past returns) that is on par with Maupay.

In other words the stats are screaming "unsustainable hot streak".
What are Maupay's numbers so we could have a laugh ? Tbh I'm not into advanced numbers but the Maupay mention just bugged me. Comparing a player who can create goals with one who is harmless basically.

Well Sancho stats were even greater, nothing I've seen about Muani suggests he's anywhere near a 120 million euro player whatsoever.
Yeah well I never mentioned Sancho nor hinted that we should buy Kolo Muani.

SparkedIntoLife

Last year, Frankfurt signed Muani on a free when barely anyone wanted him allegedly. Benfica signed Enzo Fernandez for like 18m. Enzo's price increased by around 100m and it seems Muani has had a similar ascent in price tag. Are they really 100m better a year later? I would rather us sign someone for a bit cheaper earlier (proactive rather than reactive signings) or go for someone indisputably top class who we couldn't have signed for free last year.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Hmm, he's more of a winger style forward than a 9 though. Whenever he's played as a striker it's been in a 5 at the back formation, for Nantes it was the same, when they played 4 at the back he played as a winger. Far too much of an unknown to be spending over the odds on him.
The winger attributes are partly what would make him of appeal to us I imagine. If an ‘all-round’ forward is what we want instead of a sole finisher - then RKM has the skillset for this (while also having the attributes to compete with centre halves in the centre).

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Physically he seems like he has more strings to his bow than say someone like Sancho. I'd be more confident on Muani being a success here than our boy, who seems to be really struggling to impact our game in a variety of positions from the start/ get-go.

Also, mentally I think Muani needs to take alot of credit too. Too bounce back from that miss in the WC and go on to be one of Europe's most interesting and effective forwards says alot about his character and mentality.

Ekeke

Last year, Frankfurt signed Muani on a free when barely anyone wanted him allegedly. Benfica signed Enzo Fernandez for like 18m. Enzo's price increased by around 100m and it seems Muani has had a similar ascent in price tag. Are they really 100m better a year later? I would rather us sign someone for a bit cheaper earlier (proactive rather than reactive signings) or go for someone indisputably top class who we couldn't have signed for free last year.
The answer is obviously no. Going to go ahead and suggest he'll cost nearer half of that if he's bought by someone in the summer. Around 60

Enzo won the young player of the tournament after winning the world cup at a young age and his first tournament. Then there was Chelsea going nuts with money. So yeah Benfica managed to get a very high price for him that it seems unlikely that he'll be able to live up to without some incredible success from the Chelsea team with him as one of the stars.

Muani hasnt done anything similar and is in his mid 20s. Theres no reason whatsoever to think that this is a similar situation