Randal Kolo Muani

Strootman's Finger

Not even worth the discussion, this would be the same thing as saying Real Madrid are about to bid 120 mil on Almiron.

Bondi77

If clubs are well off enough that they can afford to knock back a realistic offer for one of their players then I say Fair play to them and we move on.

redcucumber

Every young, talented player is worth 90m+ now apparently. We'd surely be better placed scouring markets further afield for the likes of Julian Alvarez and Caicedo? Obviously while still splashing the cash on big money signings as and when necessary.

next_number_seven

Every young, talented player is worth 90m+ now apparently. We'd surely be better placed scouring markets further afield for the likes of Julian Alvarez and Caicedo? Obviously while still splashing the cash on big money signings as and when necessary.
I've a feeling our forward signing will be something like that. Someone off the radar.

We still have Rashford, Martial and possibly Greenwood.

I think ETH wants a keeper and right back as well as a midfielder so he might save money on a forward.

Im guessing right now we're scouting for the best youngish forwards in the world and hoping to unearth a gem.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
It’s weird how every Tom Dick and Harry gets overpriced and overrated when being English but French, German, Spanish players get a free pass every time they get high priced and yet fail.

cpresc

Haven't really seen him so just did the typical YouTube highlights reel haha.. he actually looks really good in it, some of his assists show fantastic vision.

He'd be an upgrade on Weghorst that's for sure :D

Chief123

Haven't really seen him so just did the typical YouTube highlights reel haha.. he actually looks really good in it, some of his assists show fantastic vision.

He'd be an upgrade on Weghorst that's for sure :D
I have a hunch ETH would prefer someone like Muani than Osimhen or Kane. Muani has the physical attributes as well as the ability to link up and work well with those around him.

Mainoldo

I have a hunch ETH would prefer someone like Muani than Osimhen or Kane. Muani has the physical attributes as well as the ability to link up and work well with those around him.
Would Real Madrid or Bayern Munich get to a UCL final with Muani as their starting striker?

BayernFan87

Supports
Bayern Munich
I'd argue that Muani and Kane are more similar to each other and Osimhen is the odd one out. Osimhen is more of a pure striker, but obviously he is pretty great at it.

Regarding ETHs recent striker choices (Haller, Tadic, Weghorst) and your other players in attack (especially Rashford, Bruno and Antony) I think Muani or Kane would be the better choice for your team than Osimhen.

OleGunnar20

Mental money. With the prices being thrown around for average players, surely free transfers are going to become more the norm than this madness going forward.

120m by christ.

Dannn411

Since watching him properly at the World Cup, I have become a fan. He definitely has the tools to succeed in the PL. But 120m is crazy.

croadyman

Since watching him properly at the World Cup, I have become a fan. He definitely has the tools to succeed in the PL. But 120m is crazy.
Yeah the price puts me off along with the fact that Osimhen could be on the market

bringbackbebe

There's basically only a few other clubs that needs a striker this year. City, Liverpoool, Arsenal, Munich, Madrid (unless Benzema leaves), Barca are stacked. I can think of only Chelsea & us. Chelsea aren't going to make it to the champions league unless they do a miracle.

We should be able to get the best available strikers in the market in the summer window. Muani for 120m is absurd and looks like fake news.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
It’s weird how every Tom Dick and Harry gets overpriced and overrated when being English but French, German, Spanish players get a free pass every time they get high priced and yet fail.
I might have misunderstood your comment but majority in this thread is seemingly saying this guy is way overpriced and fairly unproven, and he’s not English?

Dannn411

There's basically only a few other clubs that needs a striker this year. City, Liverpoool, Arsenal, Munich, Madrid (unless Benzema leaves), Barca are stacked. I can think of only Chelsea & us. Chelsea aren't going to make it to the champions league unless they do a miracle.

We should be able to get the best available strikers in the market in the summer window. Muani for 120m is absurd and looks like fake news.
Bayern don't have a long-term 9 yet. Choupo Moting is a stop gap and Mane is better out wide. They are the obvious threat on this Kolo Muani deal but the money Feankfurt seem to be asking for will likely put them off.

Ekeke

Bayern don't have a long-term 9 yet. Choupo Moting is a stop gap and Mane is better out wide. They are the obvious threat on this Kolo Muani deal but the money Feankfurt seem to be asking for will likely put them off.
Lets be real. Usually when Bayern want a player from the bundasliga and the player wants to go, they get the player at a good price. This would be unlikely to change here. So it would depend on what the player wants

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Many people seem to be unable or unwilling to grasp the concept of a player not being for sale here. All this ‘every random player is now overpriced’ stuff does not apply. He was signed a year ago and his club would prefer we left him alone. He is not being touted all over the market by his club, they want to keep him. Any move this summer would need to be a hostile one, hence the hostile price.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Many people seem to be unable or unwilling to grasp the concept of a player not being for sale here. All this ‘every random player is now overpriced’ stuff does not apply. He was signed a year ago and his club would prefer we left him alone. He is not being touted all over the market by his club, they want to keep him. Any move this summer would need to be a hostile one, hence the hostile price.
Great point. They really don’t want to sell. So of course they ask for these immense sums.

izec

He is worth 60m at best. Good striker, but for 120m, you want more. Obviously Frankfurt can demand 300m if they want to, but we would be silly to pursue him if they slap a high price tag on him.

If we would be prepared to spend 120m, go that extra mile and buy Osimhen.

ForEverEleven

Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Lets be real. Usually when Bayern want a player from the bundasliga and the player wants to go, they get the player at a good price. This would be unlikely to change here. So it would depend on what the player wants
Thats just not true.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Only seen him at the World Cup and the first half against Napoli and he looks good but not elite good. He gave Kim some trouble with his pace and movement, dragged him into positions he didn’t want to be in. But he wasn’t a goal threat

Ekeke

Thats just not true.
Which players who have decided they want to go to bayern from a bundasliga club havent gone there for a reasonable if not understated fee? There have been players they wanted who chose not to go there. But who wanted to go there and couldnt?

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I’ve been thinking on this a lot this week and I’m starting to lean towards Kolo Muani being my first choice option out of the strikers linked. Everyone has some question marks about them - but even working on the assumption that all signings were guaranteed to work and anyone brought in would be the best version of themselves - then I think Kolo Muani would be the best fit for us over Kane and Osimhen. Probably.

Rolaholic

If we're willing to spend sums like this then you have to figure we'll be right in the middle of the Osimhen chase

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Fair enough to his club if that’s the case. But we should steer clear. We don’t need to have our pants pulled down - there’s enough positions to cover this summer

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Nonsense fees being mentioned but he looks like the type of striker I would go for with ball carrying ability. This time last year I thought similar with Isak.

ForEverEleven

Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Which players who have decided they want to go to bayern from a bundasliga club havent gone there for a reasonable if not understated fee? There have been players they wanted who chose not to go there. But who wanted to go there and couldnt?
The last players that went to Bayern from a Bundesliga club were the following:

Sommer. Bayern paid 8 Million € for a 34 year-old keeper who had 6 months left on his contract. I know in english terms this doesnt sound like a big fee but almost everyone agreed at the time of the transfer that Bayern overpaid here.

Upamecano. Had a release clause of 42 million € so there wasnt any room for negotiation for Leipzig. Its not like Leipzig lowered the prize for Bayern or something, any team couldve paid the release clause.

Sabitzer. Bayern paid 15 million for him when he had a year left on his contract. I think the price was reasonable and maybe the only case which would fit into your argument.

Nübel. Out of contract, came on a free. No negotiation there.

Pavard. Bayern paid 35 Million for a talented defender. I wouldnt say thats cheap at all considering Pavards quality when he is a decent squad player for Bayern but not much more.

Cuisance. 8 million for a player with a handful of Bundesliga games. Flopped, got sold. Waste of money for Bayern.

Fiete Arp. 3 Million, the guy had played under 10 Bundesliga games at the time. Massive flop, got sold.

Goretzka. On a free, no negotiation of a prize.

Süle. 20 million, not exactly cheap for a player of his calibre.

Wagner. 13 million for a player past his thirties who got signed as a backup for Lewandowski. Massively overpaid.

Gnabry. 8 million which was a great deal in retrospect but at the time his stock wasnt nearly as high as it is today.

Rudy. On a free, no negotiation.

Those are the last 6 years. There isnt one player that went to Bayern for an understated fee in my opinion. Upamecano was cheap compared to other top defenders but that was a release clause. Players like Gnabry, Süle or Goretzka who are now considered as being very good werent as highly rated back then as Kolo Muani is now. He falls into the same bracket like Havertz, Sancho, Nkunku, Bellingham. Players from the league Bayern surely had and has interest in but where the clubs demand too much of a fee. Thats why in the past few years Bayern predominantly buys players from other leagues like De Ligt, Mane, Hernandez, Sane, Cancelo etc. They cant get the absolute top players from other Bundesliga clubs because they cant constantly overpay for them and compete financially with PL clubs. It is known that Bayern had interest in Haaland as well but it was impossible to get him. Only Bundesliga players with a lower profile go to Bayern nowadays.

Ekeke

The last players that went to Bayern from a Bundesliga club were the following:

Sommer. Bayern paid 8 Million € for a 34 year-old keeper who had 6 months left on his contract. I know in english terms this doesnt sound like a big fee but almost everyone agreed at the time of the transfer that Bayern overpaid here.

Upamecano. Had a release clause of 42 million € so there wasnt any room for negotiation for Leipzig. Its not like Leipzig lowered the prize for Bayern or something, any team couldve paid the release clause.

Sabitzer. Bayern paid 15 million for him when he had a year left on his contract. I think the price was reasonable and maybe the only case which would fit into your argument.

Nübel. Out of contract, came on a free. No negotiation there.

Pavard. Bayern paid 35 Million for a talented defender. I wouldnt say thats cheap at all considering Pavards quality when he is a decent squad player for Bayern but not much more.

Cuisance. 8 million for a player with a handful of Bundesliga games. Flopped, got sold. Waste of money for Bayern.

Fiete Arp. 3 Million, the guy had played under 10 Bundesliga games at the time. Massive flop, got sold.

Goretzka. On a free, no negotiation of a prize.

Süle. 20 million, not exactly cheap for a player of his calibre.

Wagner. 13 million for a player past his thirties who got signed as a backup for Lewandowski. Massively overpaid.

Gnabry. 8 million which was a great deal in retrospect but at the time his stock wasnt nearly as high as it is today.

Rudy. On a free, no negotiation.

Those are the last 6 years. There isnt one player that went to Bayern for an understated fee in my opinion. Upamecano was cheap compared to other top defenders but that was a release clause. Players like Gnabry, Süle or Goretzka who are now considered as being very good werent as highly rated back then as Kolo Muani is now. He falls into the same bracket like Havertz, Sancho, Nkunku, Bellingham. Players from the league Bayern surely had and has interest in but where the clubs demand too much of a fee. Thats why in the past few years Bayern predominantly buys players from other leagues like De Ligt, Mane, Hernandez, Sane, Cancelo etc. They cant get the absolute top players from other Bundesliga clubs because they cant constantly overpay for them and compete financially with PL clubs. It is known that Bayern had interest in Haaland as well but it was impossible to get him. Only Bundesliga players with a lower profile go to Bayern nowadays.
I think if a premier league team were successful in signing those players they'd almost all have been more expensive, especially if they were in competition for the signing with Bayern. If we're talking another scenario where Bayern were never interested and a mid table premier league club wanted those players, lets say Sule at the time maybe they'd have got a similar deal. But a top premier league team? I bet we'd have had to have paid another 10 million at least. Those Bayern fees look much more reasonable than if you look at any of the top premier league clubs spending and what they got, even the signings from the bundasliga

Abraxas

We're spending a shit load on a striker whichever way you look at it.

Harry Kane from Levy on gargantuan wages.

Osimhen for a ton so Napoli can actually extract a profit over the large fee they paid themselves.

This lad.

So as mental as it seems for a relatively unproven player, if ETH rates his potential it could happen. Already shown he's willing to punt money on players that haven't made it yet (Antony). What's the huge difference with this? Strikers are expensive. Maybe they start at 120 and he goes for nearer 100. It's just the way the market is.