Rangnick - "Apart from goalkeeping we need to improve all areas of our squad" | Muppets amass

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
He also called out the injuries we're experiencing. I think he's on a mission to call out as much of the crap in this club before he departs in the summer. Working 6 days a month doesn't really count unless Mr Ten gets him a bigger gig.

He still messed up today but clearly everyone in the footballing department is done for the season.

Vapor trail

Sounds like many of the players will be axed this summer.

I feel it's the right decision given Ragnicks input and the DOF / ETH concluding the arrivals and departures. I think the only players who have some sort of guarantee for next season are De Gea, Varane, Fred, Bruno, Sancho and Ronaldo (debatable given UCL qualification). Shaw has spoken positively about staying too so could include him.

DON’T PANIC ™

No matter who says it, it’s true.

All these players are tarnished now and I’d prefer it if the new manager gets rid of as many of them as quickly as he can. We need a complete reset. There’s no way this bunch of misfits will learn to play football again just because we change the coach. They are incapable of executing the simplest of passes.

Does anyone have a favourite player from the current squad? I’ve supported Utd for 40+ years and this is the first time I can honestly say I don’t. Not one of them is any way likeable (youngsters aside) and don’t get me started on our Captain.

I’ll be more than happy to watch us rebuild from scratch over a few windows/seasons than watch another manager get shafted by these overpaid gacks.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
I completely understand that a lot of people are happy that the manager calls the players shit.

However

Rangnick was brought here to steady the ship and secure top4. Every action he takes both in public and behind closed doors should only be devoted to that very purpose. Instead he has chosen several times to publicly lambast the squad and its players. Unless the motivation was to get a positive reaction from the group, why the hell does he open his mouth?

I strongly disagree with the schadenfreude that Rangnick has contributed with by going public and speaking in negatives while we are desperately trying to cling to a top4 spot. Sure it feels good as a fan to have your feelings validated by someone in charge, but that is not Rangnicks job. His job is to secure top4 by leading the team.

Wether or not he can do anything with this group of players is a different discussion, but what he should not be doing is helping out the tabloid press with the next mornings headlines.

The entire point of the manager is to be the person front and center of the team, not be its biggest public critic.
I think he probably told the club early on that a rebuild was required and they need to think long term

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Hope he keeps calling out in detail how shit we are. It might not help but it makes me feel better.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
My son is 8 years old and only got into football about a year ago. Even he asks me why the United players can't pass it more than 3 times without giving the ball away.

He yelled at me the other day that it's my fault he now supports the worst team in the country. :lol:

I'll look forward to telling him Ralf agrees with him.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
My son is 8 years old and only got into football about a year ago. Even he asks me why the United players can't pass it more than 3 times without giving the ball away.

He yelled at me the other day that it's my fault he now supports the worst team in the country. :lol:

I'll look forward to telling him Ralf agrees with him.
Luckily my son is 3 years old. Hopefully ten hag reign can set us right by the time i can get to indoctrinating him.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
I completely understand that a lot of people are happy that the manager calls the players shit.

However

Rangnick was brought here to steady the ship and secure top4. Every action he takes both in public and behind closed doors should only be devoted to that very purpose. Instead he has chosen several times to publicly lambast the squad and its players. Unless the motivation was to get a positive reaction from the group, why the hell does he open his mouth?

I strongly disagree with the schadenfreude that Rangnick has contributed with by going public and speaking in negatives while we are desperately trying to cling to a top4 spot. Sure it feels good as a fan to have your feelings validated by someone in charge, but that is not Rangnicks job. His job is to secure top4 by leading the team.

Wether or not he can do anything with this group of players is a different discussion, but what he should not be doing is helping out the tabloid press with the next mornings headlines.

The entire point of the manager is to be the person front and center of the team, not be its biggest public critic.
He was brought here with a dual role, to manage and to appraise. It seemed wise to me at the time but maybe it was always destined to compromise both roles. His management hasn't improved team for who knows what reasons but I really like his honest assessments.

Maybe the team was spent, with the rot set in and the decline to where we are now was inevitable. And that Ralf is correct in saying we need 7 players. If true maybe that's why we will miss top 4 regardless of the manager.

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
:how about we get rid of Ralf? Ralf doesn't have the qualifications to demand such a thing. If it was Conte, Ancellotti, Poch, tuchel, Unai, I would understand. These managers would have gotten our player to play at a higher level. Ralf was a mistake

The Irish Connection

That’s the kind of ambitious, no half measures approach we need from the recruitment team. 5 players for me, but we could easily do with more than that coming in like Rangnick says. Let’s see if the owners and board allow it to happen.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
How uncompetitive must our training be? It's a squad full of non-aggressive, can't run, won't run, unfit, passive, whining, unprofessional players. No wonder they look hopeless in the face of any pressure from even second rate opposition.

Murray3007

he is right about the GK area, Henderson is closer to what ETH would want I would think and prob deserves a chance at being number 1 but my god where do you even start with the rest of the squad in the summer, Full backs all 4 need replaced, the CB's the exact same, CM area again all need replaced, Fred might work for a pressing system but still lacks real football IQ, wingers the same really, Sancho should be giving a chance but hes been awful as well, ST the same, don't see Ronaldo staying and think its better he moves on, Cavani Rashford again not good enough, how do you even get rid of this squad, who is actually wanting to buy any these players ? what kind of team would actually take AWB, Lindelof, Maguire, Shaw, Telles the list could go on and on, even teams down the bottom wont take them, imagine them trying to turn up for a relegation fight ? just wont happen, really we will be stuck with a lot of these players.

laughtersassassin

6 should be minimum. Atleast if it doesn't happen we know the board are fecking the new management.

Irwin99

Have to agree that the dual role aspects of his job seem kind of odds with each other. His assessment has been more damning than anything Jose or LVG said about the club's structure. Also picking a manager renowned for his pressing style and pairing him with this team seems a match made in hell.

clarkydaz

Have to agree that the dual role aspects of his job seem kind of odds with each other. His assessment has been more damning than anything Jose or LVG said about the club's structure. Also picking a manager renowned for his pressing style and pairing him with this team seems a match made in hell.
Him carving the club and players up so articulate every week is my highlight of the season

Volksie316

Nunez for Cavani, Anthony for Lingard. Nkunku for Mata, Phillips for Matic and Tchouaméni for Pogba.

That’s replacement’s we might see or something like that anyway. The most unlikely is Tchouaméni, but you never know.

I also expect Bailly and Jones to leave, so maybe Torres and Timber could be potential replacement’s?

Right back is also an absolute priority as Wan-Bissaka and Dalot are terrible and liabilities.

Irwin99

Him carving the club and players up so articulate every week is my highlight of the season
Yeah, his criticism is lovably German in it's efficiency and directness :lol: . It lacks the bitterness of a Jose or the cantankerous but somehow still likable aggression of LVG.

Mainoldo

:how about we get rid of Ralf? Ralf doesn't have the qualifications to demand such a thing. If it was Conte, Ancellotti, Poch, tuchel, Unai, I would understand. These managers would have gotten our player to play at a higher level. Ralf was a mistake
We haven’t been able to lay a glove on the title contenders since Fergie left. But it’s not the club it’s Ralf with his common sense approach similar to the best clubs in the league that is wrong.

We aren’t going nowhere fast if we take the opposite approach.

OrcaFat

I would think any ten new players in their right positions, taken from any club in the Prem, would be capable, under RR, of not losing 9-0 across two games to Liv.

We should set the bar a smidge higher but whatever. Just wipe the slate clean, get rid of them all, I don’t think it could get any worse.

Although two or three elite players, assuming at least one is a CM, will make for a dramatic improvement.

acnumber9

Because that's his job, he was hired to assess and then move upstairs. For a manager to do it and continue to manage that group is totally different.
It’s not his job to go to the media and tell everybody we need ten players. What is actually gained from it other than putting it all on the players and absolving himself of any responsibility?

BEST No7

It’s not his job to go to the media and tell everybody we need ten players. What is actually gained from it other than putting it all on the players and absolving himself of any responsibility?
Look I'm sure he didn't set out to have to but ffs he's looking at that shite day in day out. It's toxic and was before he set foot in the building

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
Seriously, you think they need to be defended in the media after what they dish up weekly? I think everything he says is spot on, measured and calculated to be honest.

Foxbatt

So that the club don't sweep it under the carpet and sign useless players and give them fat contracts. Now they can't do it and have to address it.
Maybe that's what someone in the club is telling him to do? He has been outspoken a lot and has not been pulling his punches at all. In fact he is saying it a lot more. Maybe it's a ploy used by the club to get The Glazers to get rid of some players and buy new ones?

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
I don’t give much of a shit about their feelings but I don’t expect a manager to go out and actively make matters worse.
All told his post match comments were Instigate a clear out and rebuild and be amazed at the lack of application and physicality. What approach would you suggest?