Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

croadyman

That's terrific news. I do hope he doesn't further aggravate it at the WC should he play.

Can't shake the feeling that we need another CB though. Someone in his mold even if the same current quality will be hars to find.
Yeah we shouldn't have to change our playing style because he's out injured,so could definitely do with someone who has same skills. Sadly that will never be Lindelof or Maguire.

Strelok

Yeah we shouldn't have to change our playing style because he's out injured,so could definitely do with someone who has same skills. Sadly that will never be Lindelof or Maguire.
Imo Casemiro would make a very good ball playing CB. Very strong, aggressive, excellent game reading, great positioning, good height great jump very good header, great tackle, good passing he has all the ingredients. However he's not very fast I think and we'd lose him in the midfield.

croadyman

Imo Casemiro would make a very good ball playing CB. Very strong, aggressive, excellent game reading, great positioning, good height great jump very good header, great tackle, good passing he has all the ingredients. However he's not very fast I think and we'd lose him in the midfield.
Yeah can't afford to lose him out of midfield that's for sure,think it's a shame we let Bailly go and Axel just cannot stay fit.

Strelok

Yeah can't afford to lose him out of midfield that's for sure,think it's a shame we let Bailly go and Axel just cannot stay fit.
Imo it's a good decision to let Bailly go. He is very injury prone and even if not injured he is quite inconsistent. Axel is simply not good enough and imo Lindeloft is actually better than both. Not good enough to be our starter but enough to be a backup I think.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Varane and Martinez together look excellent, problem is we are 11 games in, and this will be Varane's 2nd spell on the sidelines with injury. Our issue is, if we bring in either Maguire or Lindelof, we don't look as steady. They'd come in, play while Varane is injured then he comes back in when fit. We need a defender we can bring in, who plays so well that Varane struggles to get back in the side. This is Varane's 2nd season in a row where injuries have blighted his progress, as good as he is, he's not reliable due to injury. We need to have to proper cover, we don't have that right now.
Very misleading. He came off injured in one league game and featured in the next one. Hardly a spell out.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Good for him.

Will probably be his last so I was gutted for him when he went off injured. I’m just conscious he will aggravate it, as so often happens at international tournaments/training. We NEED him for the new year.

croadyman

Good for him.

Will probably be his last so I was gutted for him when he went off injured. I’m just conscious he will aggravate it, as so often happens at international tournaments/training. We NEED him for the new year.
Yeah hard not to feel worried

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Good for him.

He’s only 29 so will probably make it to the next one as well.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I think it's good he's going to WC, although it's possible he won't be a starter considering his injury. I'd rather he is part of the training squad.

criticalanalysis

I think it's good he's going to WC, although it's possible he won't be a starter considering his injury. I'd rather he is part of the training squad.
He'll probably will do a Magure..... :eek:

As in join the team mid tournament, become one of their best players and then score a thunderbolt top corner penalty in the final.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
He’s only 29 so will probably make it to the next one as well.
Nothing suggesting France’s abundance of talented young CBs won’t have overtaken him by then.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Our performances have gone to shit ever since he got injured

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Our CBs can't push up effectively, so our pressing has gone to shit.
I also think he’s the organiser at the back too. I constantly remember him shouting at players around him when to push etc

Irwin99

Hopefully if France win he can sit out the next (meaningless) group game. The big fear is that he's been rushed back too soon.

A-man

Hopefully if France win he can sit out the next (meaningless) group game. The big fear is that he's been rushed back too soon.
Problem is that Konate just like Varane can’t play back to back matches.

Chairman Steve

Oh that was him in those Boss ads? Kept thinking they’d found his twin :lol:

Made a crucial off the line clearance and importantly came through the first half unscathed, and long may it stay that way for ours and Frances benefits.

Blood Mage

Absolute rolls royce of a defender at peak fitness, it's just frustrating that you know the next lengthy injury is probably right around the corner.

Rolaholic

First time in years that we actually have a dressing room chock full of real leaders throughout.

BorisManUtd

Having a good World Cup so far, he wasn't at fault at either of penalties last night and did okay. Great scenario after that injury at Chelsea where he probably thought he wouldn't make it to the tournament.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Our two best players in the world cup final

Status
Not open for further replies.