Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Because French women are so good. There's only so much a man can do.

Djemba-Djemba

I was hoping he could play tomorrow and then on Thursday and then he could be rested for Southampton at home.

Maybe they'll play him tomorrow because it's Liverpool then he won't play midweek.

Liverpool 7:0 Man Utd

Sylar

I don't know what to say. Think he sold himself on the first goal but can't seem to remember him being involved in the other goals .

Our whole defence was shambolic and feels like he was the best of the worst

jem

Like Casemiro, I'm more than willing to overlook this blip, however diabolical it was.

avgp_1

Was caught all over the place, didn't know when to close down or tackle. Those late goals he was chasing shadows

A-man

I’ve seen most of his games since he joined Real Madrid ages ago, but rarely seen him play this badly. He was so poor.

Longshanks

I'm not sure he was fit. All over the place. Hopefully it's not the ticking timebomb of playing Infront of De Gea regularly that has effected all our CB's since 2012.

Ekeke

Think he's probably the most overrated CB we've had in some time. He's better than Lindelof and more consistent than Bailly but usually he's no more than a 6.5/10

Bit of a fanny going down and staying down easily and makes a decent amount of mistakes for a player who isnt usually that involved because his partner is doing most of the defending. This was his problem at Madrid too, mistakes.

Pirlo'sBeard

Think he's probably the most overrated CB we've had in some time. He's better than Lindelof and more consistent than Bailly but usually he's no more than a 6.5/10
That's just rubbish. He's arguably been our best defender this season. Clearly not 100% fit today.

Mmm-Qatarian

Uncharacteristically poor defensive showing from someone who I'd usually say is our best out and out defender.

I would say, though, that this game did expose the fact that he isn't actually particularly outstanding on the ball. In fact, his ability on the ball is the worst of our four centre backs, and when we come up against heavy pressing sides it does tend to cause a few problems.

A-man

I don't know what to say. Think he sold himself on the first goal but can't seem to remember him being involved in the other goals .

Our whole defence was shambolic and feels like he was the best of the worst
If you concede 7 goals and all of them in the box and you’re not even involved as a CB,,,, then you’re not doing a good job.

Ekeke

Why allow Gakpo to use his strong right foot for their first goal? Really poor defending.
You see he had an injured brain so he was clearly incapable of doing the basics of defending like showing a right footed player outside onto the weaker foot. Out of order for ETH to pick him when he's injured

Sylar

If you concede 7 goals and all of them in the box and you’re not even involved as a CB,,,, then you’re not doing a good job.
That's fair. The whole defence or back five was shambolic as a unit

Dominos

To think I spent the preceding 24 hours worrying about whether Varane and Shaw would be fit and we'd probably have been better off if they weren't.

He missed the Brentford and Villa disasters earlier in the season, and was injured early when we conceded 6 to City so he was absolved of some responsibility for that. No excuses for today though. Really shocked we showed so little maturity with Varane-Martinez-Casemiro all on the pitch. Shocking.

Dominos

Bit of a fanny going down and staying down easily and makes a decent amount of mistakes for a player who isnt usually that involved because his partner is doing most of the defending. This was his problem at Madrid too, mistakes.
Such a big "problem" that he only won 3 La Ligas and 4 CL's in his time there. How many more Champions Leagues would they have won with an Ekeke-approved centre back instead of Varane? 8, 9?

Name Changed

weso26

Is this a joke?

Ekeke

Such a big "problem" that he only won 3 La Ligas and 4 CL's in his time there. How many more Champions Leagues would they have won with an Ekeke-approved centre back instead of Varane? 8, 9?
Why not? They had much better players than him and won 3 and 4. Why wouldnt they have won 6 and 8 with a better CB?

Dominos

Why not? They had much better players than him and won 3 and 4. Why wouldnt they have won 6 and 8 with a better CB?
:lol:

When Varane's career finishes they shouldn't be talking about being one of the most decorated centre backs of all time. They should be talking about how he cost his team another 4 champions league trophies according to Ekeke on Redcafe.

"Why wouldn't they have won 8 CL's in 10 years with a better centre back?"

You have some wild agendas, you really do.

Ekeke

:lol:

When Varane's career finishes they shouldn't be talking about being one of the most decorated centre backs of all time. They should be talking about how he cost his team another 4 champions league trophies according to Ekeke on Redcafe.

You have some wild agendas, you really do.
So we have to rate him based on what he did at another club 3+ years ago? Why cant we rate him based on how he plays now in the prime of his career?

Oh I get it. You're trying to distract from that

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Seems like a few were waiting for this bad performance for a while sitting tight on their pitchforks.

Our fanbase doesn't deserve WC players like him. They should be more than happy with the likes of Rojo, Jones, Smalling and Maguire.

Status
Not open for further replies.