Appearances
Clean sheets
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards
Status
Not open for further replies.

OverratedOpinion

I don't really post in this thread because it's Rafa Varane so just sort of expected but he's as world class as world class gets.

boru

Still makes me smile seeing high calibre winners like Varane (and Casemiro) totally vibing off the different fan culture in England, with supporters closer to the pitch and thousands of away fans at games compared to La Liga. They seem to seriously enjoy interacting with our match goers.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Was quite worried him and Case came for a nice contract but you really can feel the passion from them and real quality. Hope Rapha can stay fit and Case keeps his legs for few more seasons. Brilliant world class players, we should check Madrid's transfer list more often, or perhaps get back to our best and get these players before them.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Erik is managing him well. Expect him to play in the final, get a rest vs Westham and then back in for Klanfield.

ti vu

What an amazing clearance this was
https://streamin.me/v/8ff46d4b

On a sidenote, how the fck is the team so out of position in the 93 minute. Thank Jah Lewandowski couldn't finish
We messed up the throw in/freekick (Bruno shouldered into Alonso forcing the latter to handball out of play), then tried to press; but FdJ was able to get away. Then he lobbed it to Lewandowski (pulled Martinez toward him) laid off the ball to Kessie and that's when the sequence in your link start.

Edit: This was ruled as offside citing Lewandowski being behind our defense line when FdJ flicked the ball to him.VAR may rule differently because Shaw might have played Lewandowski on side.

Last edited:

criticalanalysis

What an amazing clearance this was
https://streamin.me/v/8ff46d4b

On a sidenote, how the fck is the team so out of position in the 93 minute. Thank Jah Lewandowski couldn't finish
Several things to notes:

I don't like Shaw looking over his shoulder and doing his usual getting all square and letting easy passes go behind him.

Dalot did well to cover and probably would have blocked the shot if Varane didn't get it first.

Casemiro spotting the danger and tracking Lewandowski's run was fantastic. He was struggling and didn't get the block or get goal side but the pressure and last ditch attempt probably affected his approach. What a player.

De Gea did well to close the space. Nice to see.

dogwithabone

He’s an unsung hero. Doesn’t get the profile others get but what a defender he is. Positionally he’s brilliant, you don’t often see him having to make up ground to rectify a mistake. Reminds me a bit of Laurent Blanc, nothing overly fancy just a really calming influence who is happy to leave the headlines to others.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
He's simply world class. Always in control, and a serial winner.

Him , Martinez and Casemiro are giving us the solid base we need to go on and win matches.

I haven't enjoyed watching our centerbacks defend this much since Rio and Vidic.

MrPaxtons

After more than a decade of players not caring and not being good enough it’s so bloody good to see this. Varane is one of the players who doesn’t get enough credit from the media, the guy is probably the best defender in the world but his passion is what stands out to me. The guy gets this club, thank you to Real for letting us have him.

DrRodo

Honest worker, never posts
He’s an unsung hero. Doesn’t get the profile others get but what a defender he is. Positionally he’s brilliant, you don’t often see him having to make up ground to rectify a mistake. Reminds me a bit of Laurent Blanc, nothing overly fancy just a really calming influence who is happy to leave the headlines to others.
:lol:

People just love that phrase. But that's not true at all. It's not like we discovered a hidden gem or something. He's been regarded as a contender for best CB in the world for years. When we signed him this place was on fire. And we and ghe media praise him everytime he puts a good performance as deserved

Robbie Boy

The buzz around the place again is absolutely magical. Watching warriors like Varane and Casemiro who fecking love this club, has really made the season special.

El Zoido

He's the best centre back in the league.

He also fecking loves it

Can't get enough of this. Get these two lads from Madrid after they spent a decade winning everything going and it's anything but a payday, they're 100% committed and loving it. But then I suppose you're not first choice in one of the most successful club teams ever without that elite mentality. Licha is only 24 and is cut from the same cloth, already WC winner and seems to be close with Casemiro and Varane.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
He's the best centre back in the league.

He also fecking loves it

He's the 2nd best after Martinez, for me.

Which is wild, we have the 2 best CB's in the league! And the best left back in Shaw.

And he's still only 29, with his intelligence he can easily do another 3-4 years at this level if we manage his fitness well.

Lecland07

The block was great. People may say that it was offside, but you never know if the ball went in and VAR checked it; it may very well have been onside. Varane didn't give them the chance to do that, though, with that block.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
He's the 2nd best after Martinez, for me.

Which is wild, we have the 2 best CB's in the league! And the best left back in Shaw.

And he's still only 29, with his intelligence he can easily do another 3-4 years at this level if we manage his fitness well.
I would give the edge to Varane based solely on his achievements in the game... but really you can make a case for either.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Varane and Casemiro have always been reliable but in Real Madrid they were also among non flashy players. Basically they were the ones who did the dirty works. Casemiro played with Modric and Kross. Varane played with Ramos who was a nutcase. Not to mention Ronaldo up front getting and claiming all the credits for their successes.

But here they are the most important, the irreplaceable heroes. No wonder why they seem to be very happy here, Varane retiring from his NT is a proof. Seems to me like he wants longetivity at this point. Eventhough they have won so many trophies, I bet the feeling is totally different. They are the protagonists now, the fans love them, the club is getting better, playing in the most competitive league in the world. Whats not to love?

Last edited:

Lights Out

Can’t underestimate the importance of that block at the end. Shaw was keeping him onside so VAR would have given the goal.

Then it’s extra-time and possibly penalties without Rashford on the pitch.

And what effect would ET have on Sunday’s game?

Malone_Post

He’s the closest thing I’ve ever seen to Rio in terms of style of play & reading of the game. His partnership with Licha is just a beautiful thing to watch. A pair of genuine world class defenders at the top of their game. They make defending look like an art.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
He's really important for us in rest defence where the players furthest back are required to contain the opponent's transitions in a larger space. His pace and athleticism in that regard are vital in controlling the defensive transition. His passing isn't the most expansive but he's two footed, which has it's own benefits.

Winrar

If he can finally stay fit for prolonged periods of time, he has every chance to become the next Rio and give us 5 more years.

Really can't ask for anything more, what a phenomenal player

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
According to Rapha, it was we who changed our minds about signing him. Think SAF went for Jonsey.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
He's so good. He deserves to play for a champion Team. Hopefully he'll get that at United.

Man Utd 2:0 Newcastle

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Varane-Casemiro-Bruno. 3 absolute leaders of this team.
To have one of best defenders in the world in your team.......feels amazing.

I am not sure that United fans are still aware how great this guy is. Licha brings passion and fighting spirit but Varane is the one who leads a line with great sense of positioning and composure. Plus he is cold as ice.

What a fecking player

Cloud7

Injuries permitting I think he could play late into his 30s like T Silva is doing right now. The guy's reading of the game and the overall mental aspects of his game are immense

Status
Not open for further replies.