Raphael Varane | Signed for United!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
I'm quite surprised by the lack of English reports on this. There only seems to be Luckhurst mentioning it? Now, I'm not saying it's a red flag or anything and I trust the moon system with all of my being, as anyone should. I'm just pointing it out.

WPMUFC

I'm quite surprised by the lack of English reports on this. There only seems to be Luckhurst mentioning it? Now, I'm not saying it's a red flag or anything and I trust the moon system with all of my being, as anyone should. I'm just pointing it out.
Exactly what I said yesterday. My hope is that we are so nervous about being played that we aren't briefing freely like Sancho. I'd imagine we get a BBC update when a bid goes in.

Judas

Open to offers
Exactly what I said yesterday. My hope is that we are so nervous about being played that we aren't briefing freely like Sancho. I'd imagine we get a BBC update when a bid goes in.
I think this is the big reason most likely. We don't want to be all Woody big balls over it due to past events, so cautious approach and we'll probably have more briefs once the fee is agreed.

Castia

Sky, Luckhurst and almost all the daily rags have reported it. Romano reporting it along with a ton of Spanish journalists is enough for me.

lysglimt

Scout
Weeks ago ducker highlighted that we only had enough money to sign Sancho and a CB. After that, all other incomings had to be funded by sales or Pogba transfer. Its Varane or shifting to sales. So we just have to deal with it.
How would Decker know that - it's perfectly possible for United to sign 5 players for £200 million - if they divide the payments into 4-5 seasons, but it may of course affect our spendings the next few season - but I still believe it's the right thing to do. This is the window where we can make clever deals - next summer it will be much easier to sell players

CG1010

Simon Stone said this on 13th: In addition, the Old Trafford club have spoken with the representatives of Real Madrid defender Raphael Varane as they look to bolster their defensive options .
Maybe the club hasn't given them any update since then as all the action is taking place in Spain between Varane and Real Madrid.

Alfie092

What's the most recent update on the Varane situation given by a reliable source?

Trying not to get too invested in this transfer as I really want this to happen but do not want to be let down majorly at the same time :(

Pavl3n

Multiple tweets yesterday morning suggesting there would be an agreed-upon fee within a few hours. Then silence.

Hmmm, Flaggy.

Very flaggy indeed.
Then tweets followed saying we need to up our offer 'o Varane no se va a United'.

Withnail

What's the most recent update on the Varane situation given by a reliable source?

Trying not to get too invested in this transfer as I really want this to happen but do not want to be let down majorly at the same time :(
All of the info available suggests this is just a matter of time. Sticking point at the moment seems to be how much we pay Real.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

You're doing what I'm doing :lol:

I think the most reliable takeaway is that it's a matter of time.

tomaldinho1

Jamaican delegates have come, and gone. Whether a deal was done, that part we will find out this week.

All of the info available suggests this is just a matter of time. Sticking point at the moment seems to be how much we pay Real.
Isn't that basically every transfer ever? Until that bit gets agreed the rest is irrelevant, and nobody seems to know whether it will be agreed.

podurban2

Isn't that basically every transfer ever? Until that bit gets agreed the rest is irrelevant, and nobody seems to know whether it will be agreed.
No? Real need the money and by all accounts Varane wants to come to United. That’s not every transfer saga ever, and while no one knows for sure yet (not even the clubs as nothing is signed) it makes the transfer a lot more likely.

Alfie092

Thanks! I do hope it's just a matter of time and the only issue being the payment to Real as I'm sure we will eventually come to an agreement which is suitable for both clubs. I assume this will be more around the £50m mark as we are apparently offering less.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
What's the red flag on the moon part about? :P

Alfie092

You're doing what I'm doing :lol:

I think the most reliable takeaway is that it's a matter of time.
Haha!

I've just seen too many let downs in recent years, most recently Sancho just last summer to get carried away!

Getting Varane is equally as huge as Sancho imo and would be over the moon if he does come!

yamo123x

Update hot of the press from the massively reliable Daily & Sunday Express Online,

'Utd deal for Varane may collapse in new Real Madrid Twist'

That means its definitely not happening now, these guys are connected and never get anything wrong....................:houllier::houllier::houllier:

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
What's the red flag on the moon part about? :P
It seems obvious when you think about it - a Jamaican guy lost his v-card on the moon and planted a flag (presumably a red one?) to commemorate the occasion. Because you totally would, wouldn't you?

Lights Out

Yes, I read yesterday that Ancelotti loves Dalot for some strange, unknown reason.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Red flags = People worried he's 'doing a Ramos'
Moons = One of the Madrid aggregator accounts uses Moon emoji's to show reliability of sources
Jamaican delegates = Not a clue
This one is from the Ravel thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.