Raphael Varane | Signed for United!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cman

So many post, so many tweets and still no bid. How long does it take to put in a fing bid.

WPMUFC

So many post, so many tweets and still no bid. How long does it take to put in a fing bid.
The hype and click bait of sports journalists is to keep you waiting for their next update. Their version of reality rarely matches the progress of a deal. When we put in a bid, the BBC will report it. Everything else is hype

swissgenius

You don't think those are good fees? What year you living in exactly?
I agree that those are very good fees given the circumstances.

I also think that the Sancho-way shouldn't be our regular scenario. Letting other clubs get the big talents for a year or two and then pay them 70M+. It's not as if Haaland or Bellingham went under the radar before BVB or were impossible to get. Sign them and send them on loan if not ready yet.
That's why I really like the Pellistri, Diallo signings even if the risk of them developing fine is bigger. But it can't be the strategy to wait first and sign them at world class level.

e: sorry this has absolutely nothing to do with Varane, his situation is a good opportunity and would be a fantastic signing.

unplayable

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

Varane asked Perez to leave Real.
He has an offer of 12m per year from United.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
This is turning into a bit of a joke. If negotiations are taking this long, I won’t be surprised if we “just” miss out on him. The media are trying to extract every ounce of this to make it seem that we are inches away from announcing him.

Sancho and Varane in the same window was always too good to be true. In my 27 years of supporting United I’ve been disappointed all too many times

unplayable

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I don’t think any player (bar Messi at Barca) has the power to tell the club’s president to leave.
I mean how can we trust him to command our defense if he can't even tell Perez to feck off? :smirk:

Last edited:

kirk buttercup

This is turning into a bit of a joke. If negotiations are taking this long, I won’t be surprised if we “just” miss out on him. The media are trying to extract every ounce of this to make it seem that we are inches away from announcing him.

Sancho and Varane in the same window was always too good to be true. In my 27 years of supporting United I’ve been disappointed all too many times
what ?

Bondi77

The hype and click bait of sports journalists is to keep you waiting for their next update. Their version of reality rarely matches the progress of a deal. When we put in a bid, the BBC will report it. Everything else is hype
Spot on mate.
All these muppets that hang on to every tweet that any hack puts out need to get a grip!

roseguy64

I agree that those are very good fees given the circumstances.

I also think that the Sancho-way shouldn't be our regular scenario. Letting other clubs get the big talents for a year or two and then pay them 70M+. It's not as if Haaland or Bellingham went under the radar before BVB or were impossible to get. Sign them and send them on loan if not ready yet.
That's why I really like the Pellistri, Diallo signings even if the risk of them developing fine is bigger. But it can't be the strategy to wait first and sign them at world class level.

e: sorry this has absolutely nothing to do with Varane, his situation is a good opportunity and would be a fantastic signing.
Why are you suggesting we didn't attempt to sign both of those players?

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Please can someone explain the Jamaican delegate joke? Heard it referenced a few times but no idea where it's come from.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
still none of the english journalists have said anything on the Varane deal. This doesn't look any close to me.

atkar83

I have mostly heard stuff from Luckhurst who is not that reliable going by the posts here. I would love to be proven wrong.
Luckhurst works for MEN and actually travels with the team. He was one of the few journalists that travelled with the team during covid. He's not a sensationalist writer but he's definitely more reliable than someone who has no direct contact with the team but always comments on United transfers

Infestissumam

Stone, Ducker, Whitwell and others have also written about talks with Real and Varane's indication that he wants to join.

English journalists seemingly don't tweet every 5 minutes though, so it's easy to get the impression that they haven't covered this. They have.

As for Luckhurst, I personally don't like his style at all and think he's insufferable, but I do think he has genuine sources.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Stone, Ducker, Whitwell and others have also written about talks with Real and Varane's indication that he wants to join.

English journalists seemingly don't tweet every 5 minutes though, so it's easy to get the impression that they haven't covered this. They have.

As for Luckhurst, I personally don't like his style at all and think he's insufferable, but I do think he has genuine sources.
Exactly. He’s tier 1 for us IMO. Nothing is ever idle speculation.

Tarrou

all this flag and moon talk makes it hard to sort the wheat from the chaff in this thread

is it on or what?

WPMUFC

all this flag and moon talk makes it hard to sort the wheat from the chaff in this thread

is it on or what?
Its on, but every Spanish journalist looking for 5 minutes is creating too much noise. I imagine that we are in talks with Madrid over the fee and it is likely that Varane has told the club that he wishes to leave / wants Madrid to find an agreement with MUFC

ChaddyP

As bad as the media circus tends to be around United its 10 fold when it comes to Madrid. So many journalist trying to get their own angle and of course Madrid leak even more than we do :lol:

WPMUFC

The best we've heard out of Spain is the latest from that Sanchez bloke whom is essentially the Simon stone of Madrid and he's saying Madrid would find the sale of Varane as an 'economic blessing".

There's no way Sanchez says that about Madrid's position without some good verification from the club.

Jericho

Phil Jones has made 224 appearances for the club and is one of the few remaining PL winners we have. It is punching down because the guy has been going through an injury nightmare for the last 18 months and you think it is funny to take shots and make up crap when he is at a low point. Be a better person than that.
It's been an injury nightmare for the guts of 10 years now. He's 29 and has less experience than Rashford who's 23. He's someone we should be able to look to for leadership in the big games but he's always missing for them because he's always injured. And it's not all down to being unlucky. It was obvious throughout his whole career that he was reckless in the way he played and it was contributing to whatever problems he might have been having. For all the times he's been injured there's as many times he's stupidly thrown himself into a challenge and spent a minute or two on the floor as we wondered whether or not he did himself in again. And then low and behold a few days later we hear he's out for 6 weeks. Again. He needed to cop himself on years ago but he never did and now here we are. He's not blameless.

Last edited:

Halftrack

It's been an injury nightmare for the guts of 10 years now. He's 29 and has less experience than Rashford who's 23. He's someone we should be able to look to for leadership in the big games but he's always missing for them because he's always injured. And it's not all down to being unlucky. It was obvious throughout his whole career that he was reckless in the way he played and it was contributing to whatever problems he might have been having. For all the times he's been injured there's as many times he's stupidly thrown himself into a challenge and spent a minute or two on the floor as we wondered whether or not he did himself in again. And then low and behold a few days later we hear he's out for 6 weeks. Again. He needed to cop himself on years ago but he never did and now here we are. He's not blameless.
The guy's body just wasn't built for the rigours of professional football. Reckless challenges might have cost him a game here or there, but they aren't the reason for his issues. Correlation does not equal causation.

As for the bolded; He pretty much is.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Visions of Murtough like a fecking bulldog on the phone, hashing out this deal with Perez. Literally barking 'cincuenta' and 'no mas' down the phone.

Perez hangs up the office, his mobile rings, it's bloody Murtough. Hangs up, blocks the number, an email comes in 'CALL ME, JOHN'. Joder this guy is persistent. The fax machine starts to whirr, a crisp A4 piece of paper drops and floats lazily to the floor with the words 'it was never broken' scrawled across it.
:lol: Love this version of our wheeler dealer.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
My muppet senses say today is not a big day.

Tomorrow is.

Judas

Open to offers

You don't deserve Varane, no dancing in the moonlight for you.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
There’s no way Real don’t sell him before the window closes.

I’m totally in support of our club to let this one run on to save a few million quid. Real just want to squeeze us for as much as possible cuz their situation is dire. But for once the ball seems to be in our court. If Varane won’t renew with them then they’re fools to risk keeping him and losing him on a free transfer eventually.

Focus on other signings for now.

WPMUFC

There’s no way Real don’t sell him before the window closes.

I’m totally in support of our club to let this one run on to save a few million quid. Real just want to squeeze us for as much as possible cuz their situation is dire. But for once the ball seems to be in our court. If Varane won’t renew with them then they’re fools to risk keeping him and losing him on a free transfer eventually.

Focus on other signings for now.
Weeks ago ducker highlighted that we only had enough money to sign Sancho and a CB. After that, all other incomings had to be funded by sales or Pogba transfer. Its Varane or shifting to sales. So we just have to deal with it.

Red Company

Supports
The Peaky Blinders
Weeks ago ducker highlighted that we only had enough money to sign Sancho and a CB. After that, all other incomings had to be funded by sales or Pogba transfer. Its Varane or shifting to sales. So we just have to deal with it.
Not necessarily. For now we can focus on shifting players to create funds for other signings while playing chess with Madrid.

Varane is now one of their most financially appealing players to sell and they won’t mess around with that considering their financial circumstances.

Status
Not open for further replies.