Raphael Varane | Signed for United!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
So even the media who love to quote the absolute maximum we will pay reckon it's less than £43m if every bonus is met?!

That is astounding work.

Until he turns up and plays like in the summer :lol:

Bondi77

BBC reporting £50mil with add ons so Real have still done well for a 28yo with one yr left on his contract.
He is a class player and I hope along with Maguire we get the solid combo we have been crying out for.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
So even the media who love to quote the absolute maximum we will pay reckon it's less than £43m if every bonus is met?!

That is astounding work.

It will be 50m pounds in few week

Holters

I've asked this before but never got an answer: Would Varane likely be LCB or RCB in a partnership with Maguire?

I would really like to see Maguire play as RCB, I think it would elevate his play at bringing the ball out of defence to another level...
Varane will play RCB. He is right-footed. Ramos was the LCB.

Varane, like Maguire, can play LCB, but there's no point in breaking up the Shaw/Maguire partnership that is working excellent. Especially since we aren't bringing in a left footed CB. With Torres in I think we would have moved Maguire over to the right. However, Maguire has played most of his career as LCB, so no guarantee he would be better on the right even though he is right footed.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line

That is astounding work.

I only saw the Germany game... :p

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
BBC reporting £50mil with add ons so Real have still done well for a 28yo with one yr left on his contract.
He is a class player and I hope along with Maguire we get the solid combo we have been crying out for.
They got it wrong. It’s €50m and closer to £43m with add-ons.

bosskeano

deal is in euros not pounds....massive difference

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Noww we're cookin' with gas. Cookin' with some real fire here, getting some real cookin' done.

Welcome Varane

Judas

Open to offers
If they're reporting 50 million pounds and not euros they've got it very wrong.

C'est Moi Cantona

Really good to see us seize the opportunity and buy big when the prices are low.

I'd love to see Trippier come in next, then make Pogba see sense and get him signed up to a new deal, and other than a few outgoings I think that'll do nicely.

choccy77

BBC saying £34m with addons

Jezpeza

Thats a steal. The club are getting it right - we've got some great prospects and academy lads coming through and some decent squad players and they are getting the players in their prime in in to fill the gaps in the starting 11 now. Exciting times

Jacky Quacky

made eight consecutive posts about Fellaini once
I know there’s a ton of hype about this transfer and I’m super happy but how have Varane’s performances been in general this year? I’ve seen him make that howler against city and I remember people saying at the time how bad he’s been playing. Did he really improve after that or was that just an anomaly?

choccy77

Really good to see us seize the opportunity and buy big when the prices are low.

I'd love to see Trippier come in next, then make Pogba see sense and get him signed up to a new deal, and other than a few outgoings I think that'll do nicely.
If we offer Pogba £350k a week, the only idiots are us

wolvored

Make him see sense? He doesnt want to be here otherwise he would have signed already. feck him off. I dont want any player here who is just for the money.

Nick7

Truth is we've been great in the market so far, getting Sancho and Varane for discount fees, but the combined sum for both of them is just above the €120m we were quoted for Sancho last summer.
Sancho - €85 million
Varane - €40 million + add ons
The base fee in pounds for both is around what €120m in GBP was last year. Either way it’s a very small difference and shows why “just pay the money” is stupid as feck, which is all my post was to highlight.

Read actually figure United are paying is £34m. Absolute bargain.

Amazing how on Twitter some are now saying he’s not even top 20 CB in the world… that’s how you know are rival fans are hating on us and wishing it was their club signing him.

El Zoido

If they're reporting 50 million pounds and not euros they've got it very wrong.
That’s how they do it.
£42m (34+8 in addons) = €50m
Media reports it at £50m
Then they convert £50m to Euros = €58m
Then they print it at £58m

And by this time next week they report we’re paying £97m with £16m in addons.

This is how the media report on Man Utd transfers.

Then Simon Stone tweets “Man Utd have spent £500 billion pounds on players in three years” and someone makes a thread about it on the caf so we can all have a moan.

Then the Ole thread gets bumped saying “Ole has spent £800bn in two summers, if he doesn’t win the quadruple he has to go.”

Last edited:

C'est Moi Cantona

We'll see, I see no upside in selling him for a reduced fee now, and then replacing him with a more expensive and probably inferior player, that wll no doubt need time to adjust. But this is the Varane thread, and I am very happy, as he is a massive upgrade, and real statement from us.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
If we sign a proper DM and we set Fernandes and Pogba loose in that midfield 3 along with Sancho we will be a devastating attack force. We unfortunately can’t do that now cause we don’t have a proper DM so Pogba has to do more defending.

MattofManchester

Now that this is more or less done, be interesting to see if we target a full back or a midfielder.

Solskjaer said he wanted 3.

choccy77

I know there’s a ton of hype about this transfer and I’m super happy but how have Varane’s performances been in general this year? I’ve seen him make that howler against city and I remember people saying at the time how bad he’s been playing. Did he really improve after that or was that just an anomaly?
This season, he
That’s how they do it.
£44m (34+8 in addons) = €50m
Media reports it at £50m
Then they convert £50m to Euros = €58m
Then they print it at £58m

And by this time next week they report we’re paying £97m with £16m in addons.

This is how the media report on Man Utd transfers.

Then Simon Stone tweets “Man Utd have spent £500 billion pounds on players in three years” and someone makes a thread about it on the caf so we can all have a moan.

Then the Ole thread gets bumped saying “Ole has spent £800bn in two summers, if he doesn’t win the quadruple he has to go.”

But they are reporting it as £34m not £44m

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
BBC saying £34m with addons
BBC are saying £34m initial fee, rising to £50m with addons
Real Madrid defender Raphael Varane is near to joining Manchester United for an initial fee of around £34m.

Final details are still to be agreed - but Varane, 28, had told Real he had no wish to extend his current contract, which has a year to run.
The deal for Varane is likely to reach £50m with add-ons.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57967166

Everywhere else is reporting nowhere near £50m.

Not the first time the BBC have conveniently switched the € for £ without converting the figure. They did it with Memphis Depay and reported it at £31m, when everywhere else was reporting £25m.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Not sure why BBC is considered so highly here. Bunch of idiots can't even understand what an exchange rate is. They have done this multiple times

choccy77

Status
Not open for further replies.