Not open for further replies.

TheLord

^
^
^
Varane would be around 50m.
100 m isn’t bad for a 28-year-old.

Knightmare7

So for Sancho we had the idiots claiming ‘bUt WhY wOuLd wE wANt a bEnCh pLayEr fOr enGlaNd’ which was one of the dumbest stances I’ve ever seen.

Now we’re seeing people complain that Varane ‘just isn’t good enough for us.’ Like yeah, I guess you just accidentally walk into winning multiple champions leagues these days, right? Ramos is SO GOOD that Varane basically didn’t exist, except no team has ever succeeded like that.

Get your heads examined. He’s cheap as hell, a good age, and has a perfect pedigree. Sign the man and stop second-guessing every signing because you forgot what being happy feels like

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
So for Sancho we had the idiots claiming ‘bUt WhY wOuLd wE wANt a bEnCh pLayEr fOr enGlaNd’ which was one of the dumbest stances I’ve ever seen.

Now we’re seeing people complain that Varane ‘just isn’t good enough for us.’ Like yeah, I guess you just accidentally walk into winning multiple champions leagues these days, right? Ramos is SO GOOD that Varane basically didn’t exist, except no team has ever succeeded like that.

Get your heads examined. He’s cheap as hell, a good age, and has a perfect pedigree. Sign the man and stop second-guessing every signing because you forgot what being happy feels like
It has the same sort of energy that the Cavani thread had before he joined.

Players of this pedigree don't just suddenly become shite overnight. There's a proper player in Varane.

bosskeano

United have allegedly submitted a bid of 38m pounds which is a few million short of the €50m that is expected to meet the valuation of Madrid

This looks like a deal that is going to get done so the only question is how much of that money will be paid up front as that could impact what has to happen in order to bring in a CM.

sifi36

United have allegedly submitted a bid of 38m pounds which is a few million short of the €50m that is expected to meet the valuation of Madrid

This looks like a deal that is going to get done so the only question is how much of that money will be paid up front as that could impact what has to happen in order to bring in a CM.
That fee would be incredible business for a player of Varane’s ability and profile. Getting Sancho and Varane so early in the window feels a world away from the hesitancy and bumbling of the last 8 years. Who’s reporting that figure?

Irrational.

Sky losing La Liga completely killed his career and profile. You never hear about his bullshit anymore which is a good thing
Put out a tweet against Pep and he’ll come rushing out of the woodwork like a rabid squirrel trying to protect (Pep’s) nuts.

gorky_utd

Source?

dasty

Varane was close to signing for us before Zidane convinced him to join them by making a few phone calls personally. Varane was a Man Utd fan growing up and idolizes Rio.

Redcafe: wHy wOuLd hE wAnT tO jOin uS oThEr tHan jUst fOr a laSt biG pAycHecK? SaNcHeZ v2

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Varane and Sancho would be an absolute dream start. Might persuade Pogba to sign a new deal as well.

scream

Wich is €44m at todays rate. £5m adrift of supposed asking price.

bosskeano

Wich is €44m at todays rate. £5m adrift of supposed asking price.
that's why i thought it was a good starting offer as madrid need to sell him in order to get ancelotti some extra cash to buy his players

Kaos

Do we have any competition for him? You'd think PSG are out of the race because they're signing Ramos, but again its PSG so they might just sign him for the sake of hoarding all the French talents. City seem stacked at the position. Chelsea perhaps? Thiago isn't going to be there forever, and you'd think Varane would easily be their best CB there.

DoneDaDa

Supports
Toronto FC
He’ll be great but the big question mark will be how motivated he is 4 times CL and WC winner, he maybe similar to Pique after 2012 with up and down performances or maybe this new change will give him more needed motivation. Will be interesting to follow him next season.

DoneDaDa

Supports
Toronto FC
Do we have any competition for him? You'd think PSG are out of the race because they're signing Ramos, but again its PSG so they might just sign him for the sake of hoarding all the French talents. City seem stacked at the position. Chelsea perhaps? Thiago isn't going to be there forever, and you'd think Varane would easily be their best CB there.
Apparently he doesn’t want to go to PSG, outside of that no competition City it seems are focused on Kane and Grealish, Chelsea are on Rice and a striker right now.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I can not see, how Varane is going to make our defense better. I do not think that Lindelöf is strong enough, but the two players are at the same level, as I see it.
I assume you think Sancho is the equivalent of Dan James also? because that's a similar comparison too.

Kaos

Apparently he doesn’t want to go to PSG, outside of that no competition City it seems are focused on Kane and Grealish, Chelsea are on Rice and a striker right now.
Interesting, perhaps its worth Murtough spending a few weeks trying to work his magic and lowballing them as much as he could :D

bosskeano

That fee would be incredible business for a player of Varane’s ability and profile. Getting Sancho and Varane so early in the window feels a world away from the hesitancy and bumbling of the last 8 years. Who’s reporting that figure?
it was mentioned in an AS article which covers spanish football in particular Real Madrid

Alemar

If they want Dalot, why not to make a cash plus player offer for Varane?

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Felix Diaz is one of the best journos when it comes to Real Madrid. He's always been someone that i've personally waited to confirm stories emanating from Real Madrid.

Teja

Seems unlikely that fees will be a sticking point.

I still feel it'll come down to Varane's wage demands, agent fees and his willingness to come (rather than use the Utd offer to renegotiate with RM).

buchansleftleg

Yes it was and he was very candid about the process and the disrespect he felt from the club.

Wouldn't be surprised if Varane took his advice and make the decision to leave like Ramos

They won't be offering any huge wages given their need for funds and sales to finance their Mbappe and Haaland pursuits next year
Madrid have been taking player relationship management tips from Woodward!

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I get your point and you're not entirely wrong, but we've been on a fairly consistent upward trajectory since Solskjaer took over fully. If he joined us then Varane is probably gambling that we'll win trophies in the next couple of seasons, and obviously adding players like Sancho and Varane give us a good chance to do so.
I will be 200% happy if we get Varane, mate :lol: . I just dislike this feeling of the Club being mislead.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout

He's spoken about this in the past
I can already picture it - Champions League final next season, last minute and it's 0-0...

Sancho trips up three defenders and links up with Pogba, who drives a shot from 40 yards, clips Cavani and is saved by the opposition keeper. The corner comes in from Fernandes, but it's short to Greenwood, who pops it in for Maguire. But Varane gets to it first, slams it in to the top corner. He races down the pitch, the crowd goes wild. He runs up to the camera, lifts his shirt and shows off his new tattoo; MERK'D

PieCrust

It's really all up to Varane at this point. If he needs more than a week to decide, I'd rather move on to other targets. Would be a class signing though, I'm hoping it happens.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
I caught a bit of a Stretford Paddock interview with Henry Winter the other day, and he too seemed pretty sure it's a contract ploy from Varane.

Strong reports the past couple of days though innit?

But the "still hasn't made up his mind" thing tells me he's still holding out for a better offer from Real.

Devil may care

This seems to progressing into cautiously positive territory, I get the fears that this is another Ramos situation but Real Madrid were in a different position back then. Varane has all the qualities to be an ideal CB partner for Maguire.

Status
Not open for further replies.