Rashford | Back in training (22nd May 2020)

momo83

Massive Snowflake
Do you think for one moment that the medical team told him that Rashford had a stress fracture, and not to play him?
And Ole overruled them?
Seems pretty unlikely.
I think for one and every subsequent moment that continue to think about it that they would have have given Ole all the information required and their recommendations and from that he decided to risk a players health and career to increase the chances of getting 3 points.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
We’re not a one man team, but we’re a one partnership team. Without either Martial or Rashford, we’re fecked. Don’t see us finishing top four now.

humdinger

Sorry if it’s already been asked but what’s the difference in recovery time between a single fracture vs a double? Has Ole properly shot us in the foot or would Rashford have likely been out for weeks regardless?

Nitewolf

They knew, yet they did play him
A stress fracture is something that happens over a long time, he had back problems for a very long time, they always knew that.

You can try to downplay this, you can try to dispute and keep shifting the blame right a left, you can blame a 22 years old footballer for his back problems. But the truth is simply that this was dealt with in an amateurish way, from the medical team to the manager.

This is not the first time this happened, remember the time Ole apologized for playing Limgard too early before he fully recovered in that Liverpool game last season, in and out in 20 minutes or so just like Rashford? Pogba too?

If it's a one and only incident then you can argue and defend, but if it happening for a long time, that's a pattern, over many coaches not just Ole, though it's now more clear that we have a group of incompetent people running the players health affairs.

Starkie_1

Affluent and Likeminded
Can anyone explain what is the nature of the injury? I dont get what a double stress fracture is.
To put it really simply it’s an overuse/overload of an area that’s been continuously taking force or prolonged trauma. It’s not from one moment, or a a recent trauma as most injuries are, it’s long term damage repeating. Jumping, twisting and the pace Rashford does things at are obvious factors

Jericholyte2

Seriously what the feck is with our entire medical team!!!
  • McTominey does his knee in, plays for the rest of the first half = out for months
  • Pogba trains for 3 days after several months out, medical team clear him = another surgery
  • Maguire = Pulls muscle early in match, plays rest of half = feared long term absence turned out ok
  • Now Rashford has been playing with a fractured back and loose bone in his ankle
Bunch of fecking amateurs! I get the squad is ridiculously thin but this is amateur hour bullshit!

Nitewolf

Can anyone explain what is the nature of the injury? I dont get what a double stress fracture is.
A stress fracture is basically too much stress on an other unhealthy bone over a long period of time leading to a fracture. Basically, I assume that Rashford over the years has a weak bone in that particular area, it's unclear to me if it's something genetic or acquired through repeated pressure or the way he moves along the years, the end result the bone at that area is weak. With increased workload that can lead to a fracture. You can look up also (spondylolysis) .

The thing is, this usually is a chronic problem which should be well known over the years. I mean if Henry Winter wrote an article about it the day before the Wolves game and claims the club always knew about his back problems then its clear to me that this is at least not dealt with as it should.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Ole has stated that the stress fracture happened during the Wolves game, and not before. So the comments from Henry Winter are total bo****ks.

dave1956

This is down to the manager and medical staff, even if the player wanted to play, knowing the type of injury the medical team and manager should have said no.

arthurka

some guy who banged in a hat trick on his debut for Dortmund was available cheaply a few weeks ago..

..but we couldn't convince him to join.
Nothing comes cheap with Riola.

If people think Ole didn't expect us to sign a striker if Lukaku left, they really need to have a word with themselves.

Eric's Seagull

Feel really sorry for him. Hope that he recovers fully as soon as possible. A massive blow and hope that it doesn't cause him any problems in the future regarding his health and career :(

Nitewolf

Ole has stated that the stress fracture happened during the Wolves game, and not before. So the comments from Henry Winter are total bo****ks.
He wrote an article a day before the Wolves game basically pleading to them not to play him and give him a rest because of his well known back problems.

You are finger pointing the wrong liar here. Even if the fracture itself happened during that game, there is no way that they bone itself was OK before the game. He was basically limping since the Arsenal game and holding his back.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Wish we could fast forward to July 1st and pretend the next 6 months didn't happen. It's going to be painful chaps.

Scousers already title winners for me. Fancy either Liverpool or City for CL. City once they have Laporte and Sane back will kick on again. City will win both domestic cups as Liverpool don't take them seriously.

Great eh?

:(

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
A stress fracture is basically too much stress on an other unhealthy bone over a long period of time leading to a fracture. Basically, I assume that Rashford over the years has a weak bone in that particular area, it's unclear to me if it's something genetic or acquired through repeated pressure or the way he moves along the years, the end result the bone at that area is weak. With increased workload that can lead to a fracture. You can look up also (spondylolysis) .

The thing is, this usually is a chronic problem which should be well known over the years. I mean if Henry Winter wrote an article about it the day before the Wolves game and claims the club always knew about his back problems then its clear to me that this is at least not dealt with as it should.
So its not something thats ever truly cured?

saivet

And he also said this after the Wolves game.

Josep Dowling

• McTominey does his knee in, plays for the rest of the first half = out for months
  • Pogba trains for 3 days after several months out, medical team clear him = another surgery
  • Maguire = Pulls muscle early in match, plays rest of half = feared long term absence turned out ok
  • Now Rashford has been playing with a fractured back and loose bone in his ankle
Bunch of fecking amateurs! I get the squad is ridiculously thin but this is amateur hour bullshit!
Too right.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Been harping on about this for a while now. Ole is diabolical in managing player’s injuries. Runs them into the ground with a smile on his face. It’s so tragic it’s almost comical.

izec

Ole fits right in as the clueless director in charge of the asylum. Seems that our medical department is built on the same expertise as Ed, Judge and the coaching staff. Everybody needs to be on the same inept wavelength. The downfall of the club is well documented on all levels if you followed the club in the last 7 years.

dave1956

So it would appear that the club medical team and the manager knew of his back problem since before the Wolves game and yet continued to play him. The medical team must have known that the condition will worsen and that the only real cure is for the bone to heal.
Questions now to be asked are our players getting the best medical support and if so is the manager rejecting their advice.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
He wrote an article a day before the Wolves game basically pleading to them not to play him and give him a rest because of his well known back problems.

You are finger pointing the wrong liar here. Even if the fracture itself happened during that game, there is no way that they bone itself was OK before the game. He was basically limping since the Arsenal game and holding his back.
Most players in the Premiership are probably carrying injuries, strains and such like, but Winter stated that he already had a stress fracture in his back, I find that hard to believe, they require rest, so Ole would not have played him if he had that injury. It's more likely that he was feeling something in his back, but the medical team couldn't have found anything obvious, or he would not have been in the squad. Most players play through the pain barrier, and almost certainly Rashford would had told Ole that he felt that he was ok to play if required.

Mr PG

All on Ole.
Useless, inept fecking managagemt and medical department. Sick of this shit.

Overplaying players due to no suitable backup, resulting in injuries. Shocker.

Selling Lukaku and not replacing him has just blown up in their face. If I wasn’t a fan, I’d say they deserve it.
Why fecking play Rashford in FA cup for chrissake?

izec

I have news for you, Ole is lying to save his embarrassment and mistake. Everything Ole says must be a 100% true, because he can't lie and is doing nothing wrong.

Stadjer

All on Ole.

Why fecking play Rashford in FA cup for chrissake?
Ole is under pressure... winning a FA cup would mean quite something for him and would be another reason that he could keep his job. It might not be the wise choice but Rashford was willing to do it and Ole might have thought it was worth the risk. Afterall we scored when Rashford was on the pitch so it worked in that way?

Not saying it was right but i can understand it.

Amerifan

They knew, yet they did play him
A stress fracture is something that happens over a long time, he had back problems for a very long time, they always knew that.

You can try to downplay this, you can try to dispute and keep shifting the blame right a left, you can blame a 22 years old footballer for his back problems. But the truth is simply that this was dealt with in an amateurish way, from the medical team to the manager.

This is not the first time this happened, remember the time Ole apologized for playing Limgard too early before he fully recovered in that Liverpool game last season, in and out in 20 minutes or so just like Rashford? Pogba too?

If it's a one and only incident then you can argue and defend, but if it happening for a long time, that's a pattern, over many coaches not just Ole, though it's now more clear that we have a group of incompetent people running the players health affairs.
Comments like this suggest people think only a few players are injured. At this point in the season everyone is carrying injuries. It’s the severity that matters. Many injuries are of the pain not doing more damage type. If managers rested every injured player we’d be watching an empty pitch each week.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Poor organizational structure. There seems to be a lopsided amount of authority in Ole's hands in medical management. Which is mind-boggling because he knows the same amount of medical management as he does about basketball. He's truly clueless and his only base of intelligence regarding medical management is the weird hard arse culture of Roy Keane 'getting on with it'. Showing 'passion' 'desire' 'toughness' and playing through pain seems to be values he daftly subscribes to.

Please, stop leaving medical decisions with incompetent unintelligent humans. They're wasting talented athlete's lives with this.

Blades1889

Supports
Sheffield United
Yep

Should have known this would happy when people were getting giddy about him scoring over 30 goals for us
Absolutely mad that he was allowed to play through that pain, I get that he chose to but how could the manager risk something like this?

WR10

So its not something thats ever truly cured?
It's difficult because if there isn't some specific retraining done for biomechanical movements then it will very easily become a recurring injury.

Utdstar01

It's said that Rashford had a stress fracture before the wolves game. Aggravated it in the Wolves game and it worsened into a double stress fracture. The whole club is an absolute joke.

crossy1686

career ending
You do realise that the medical team diagnose and treat injuries? They don't actually go out and cause these injuries to the players...

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
It's said that Rashford had a stress fracture before the wolves game. Aggravated it in the Wolves game and it worsened into a double stress fracture. The whole club is an absolute joke.
Yep. He’s been playing injured for weeks/months but it seems the knee in the back was the final straw and it broke worse.

this is what happens when you try and run a squad on a shoestring Budget. We’re 2 attackers down in lukaku and Sanchez, who could have given rashford some rest. This club is fecked.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
OGS should be held to account for the lacks of depth in this squad, especially up front. Playing the same players week in and week out is not sustainable, especially younger ones like Rashford.

Don't give me 'it is all Woodward's fault' we spent over hundred million in the summer on the defence. UNLESS it is true that Woodward said 'No' to Fernandes, then this lies at OGS's door.
Seriously, stop blaming the managers when it's obvious that Woodward and his team has continuously failed them in transfer dealings.

They've missed out on targets repeated and have overpaid multiple times just to get our signings in late when they could have just settled the deal much earlier.

Ole's not the one telling Woodward he doesn't need a striker and to take his time getting Maguire in. He literally stated in the summer he wanted the signings done earlier so he could have them gel with the team.

The sheer incompetence of the people making transfers have seen us paying other clubs what they want despite us posturing and saying we won't for months until folding at the very last minute. Let's not even go to how they seem to have no backup plans or the ability to handle multiple deals at the same time despite every other club in the world having no problem with doing so.

We're run by a bunch of bankers with no interest in football and it's showing, they've literally made no improvement despite years of fecking things up. Only thing they care about is the profit.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
I have news for you, Ole is lying to save his embarrassment and mistake. Everything Ole says must be a 100% true, because he can't lie and is doing nothing wrong.
It's a back fracture, I don't think you really know how pain it is if you really think Rashford can play while suffering from it.

We should have just won the fecking first game by playing the first team instead of putting Rashford on in both games to get the goal.

WR10

You do realise that the medical team diagnose and treat injuries? They don't actually go out and cause these injuries to the players...
Their true role is injury prevention - or as the rehab community calls it 'prehab'. That requires a talented medical team that can make hard decisions and implements them consistently throughout the season to avoid the embarrassments that have been going on. Diagnosing and treating is easy in sports. What you choose to do with the information before and after is what is fecking our players. I really hope Ole is not involved in the decision-making process in pre-injury discussions amongst the medical team. He knows as much about that as he does about basketball.