Rashford | Back in training (22nd May 2020)

Renegade

Ole got desperate as his job rested on Rashford scoring the goals he has. He’ll be gone soon now his out for a considerable amount of time.
This was brought up by a lot of people on here in the summer when we didn’t replace the outgoing players. Mental to think Martial/Rashford would be fit for the majority of the season.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Will he be ready for Euros at least?
Quite frankly the last thing I want for him now to play for England if his healing will take a couple of months, which I presume it will. He needs a proper rehabilitation, some time off after that to get up to speed for the next season. Even if he makes it before the season end, I still think he'll need some rest. Won't have that with being on tour with England. He's young, still got plenty of time, plenty of tournaments ahead.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Horrendous really. He's been overplayed because we have no-one else, and it's a real shame that our policy of going into the season with such a small squad has hurt not only the club but one of our best and promising players. I hope he recovers soon and well.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
This is probably the biggest black mark of Ole's career as a manager here. It ultimately falls on him to make those kinds of decisions, and the ones he made has compromised one of the brightest talent on the team.

Now maybe it's overreacting and Rashford will be just fine after this, but it's certainly not a certainty.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
:( :( :(

So gutted for Rashers, he could have finished top or amongst the top scorers of England and potentially Europe. Lad was on fire. And disastrous for our season too.
Made a bet that Rashford would get 30 goals this season with my Man United hating brother in law only last week.

He sent me a text sneering and laughing at me this morning. :(

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Quite frankly the last thing I want for him now to play for England if his healing will take a couple of months, which I presume it will. He needs a proper rehabilitation, some time off after that to get up to speed for the next season. Even if he makes it before the season end, I still think he'll need some rest. Won't have that with being on tour with England. He's young, still got plenty of time, plenty of tournaments ahead.
I always find it some interesting that people put club over country, I guess I'm in the minority but a Euro/World cup take priority over a season of club football. I think if Rashford has any shot to make it, he'll do everything he can to make it. No player thinks, 'ah well...there's always another tournament in a couple of years'. You only get one career, I wouldn't blame him one bit for doing all he can to make it, especially with an England team that actually has a chance.

SirAF

Ageist
This. United have been screwed enough by international tournaments.

bondsname

I seriously hope Ole learns from this. If he is wired like most people and not a psychopath, he has to feel extreme amount of guilt. The man should of given him a break.

And it's just when he starts to find his stride. Couldn't give a rats ass about he Liverpool result, this right here is what is pissing me off. I seriously believe here is a curse surrounding this club, I have never seen this amount of unfortunate events happening time and time again. it's ridiculous!

Greck

if true, our medical team need purging for negligence
Come on, a stress fracture ffs and he was cleared to play. Mass negligence from everyone involved. They absolutely shat the bed. This is 100% the kind of injury where it's foreseeable and easily predictable will eventually get aggravated.

Skills

Snitch
I hope Rashford and his agent are smart enough to use an independent doctor to manage this injury. Our medical should have nothing to do with this.

Kostur

海尔的老板
I always find it some interesting that people put club over country, I guess I'm in the minority but a Euro/World cup take priority over a season of club football. I think if Rashford has any shot to make it, he'll do everything he can to make it. No player thinks, 'ah well...there's always another tournament in a couple of years'. You only get one career, I wouldn't blame him one bit for doing all he can to make it, especially with an England team that actually has a chance.
No doubt he will and no doubt we should not allow for that. In case of aggravating the injury during the tournament or as a result of it, it won't be England paying the price, it will be us. I couldn't give 100 fecks for England, nor would I hold it against Polish players if, say, Lewy didn't go to Euro because of some injury that could impact his further career. England won't win shit anyway, with Rashford or not.

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
It's on the medical staff, not Ole. The manager can only make good decisions with the right information.

I hope he fully recovers.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Ole has just confirmed it's a stress fracture.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Watching Ole's interview right now, the interviewer had to pry it out of him that he had a double stress fracture on his back, Ole only mentioned the knee injury prior. Looks guilty.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
OGS: 'stress fractures take 6 weeks to recover and then rehab after that'

L1nk

It's on the medical staff, not Ole. The manager can only make good decisions with the right information.

I hope he fully recovers.
And Ole's good decision was "Hm, i'm desperate for a goal in a 3rd round FA Cup replay, i know he has a fractured back, but I don't care about that, i'm willing to risk it to keep us in the cup and me in a job"

ravi2

Ed, Ole and the entire medical staff should be fired. At any other club they would be gone ages ago.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Watching Ole's interview right now, the interviewer had to pry it out of him that he had a double stress fracture on his back, Ole only mentioned the knee injury prior. Looks guilty.
Yea he did almost look embarrassed to admit it. Either guilt or he's been told not to tell the media and he's ignored the command from above.

izec

The twitter account about injuries yesterday got it right then.

And yeah, Ole about his a few weeks comment when he exactly knows it will be months. Very well handled guys, well done. You can always count on us to feck up more

OneUnited24

"He’s suffered a bad injury," said Solskjaer. "Yeah it’s a [back] stress fracture, it happened against Wolves. It’s not happened before, it happened there and then. He’ll be out for a while. He won’t be back until after the mid-season break. Normally six weeks to heal, but I’m not a doctor, and then he needs rehab after that probably."

Fridge chutney

Why? He doesn't like United. He was laughing at me and our bet, not at Rashford having an injury.

Chill out man, it's only football.
Why? Because I interpreted from your post that he was relishing the injury because he likely wins a bet, which is just distasteful. If not, ok then.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
In a perfect world Haaland signed for us, came in as a sub against Wolves and Rashford had time to recover.
Hate to kill off fantasies but Haaland had a knee injury, wouldn't have played even if he did join the club.

And Ole's good decision was "Hm, i'm desperate for a goal in a 3rd round FA Cup replay, i know he has a fractured back, but I don't care about that, i'm willing to risk it to keep us in the cup and me in a job"
That's the thing, the buck ultimately stops with OGS. Even if he was badly advised, you can see in training and during the game that Rashford is compromised. You get a second opinion, you go with your common sense, you don't force him out there until you break him, which is literally what happened.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Worst news we could have had. Major bright light of a poor season gone out. What’s next?

Classical Mechanic

Hate to kill off fantasies but Haaland had a knee injury, wouldn't have played even if he did join the club.

That's the thing, the buck ultimately stops with OGS. Even if he was badly advised, you can see in training and during the game that Rashford is compromised. You get a second opinion, you go with your common sense, you don't force him out there until you break him, which is literally what happened.
Agree, terrible management, everyone knew he was in the red zone.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Thank fook we have Greenwood and he'll take all responsibilities on himself... no pressure kiddo, if you'll fail Caf will rip you a new one.

Greck

"He’s suffered a bad injury," said Solskjaer. "Yeah it’s a [back] stress fracture, it happened against Wolves. It’s not happened before, it happened there and then. He’ll be out for a while. He won’t be back until after the mid-season break. Normally six weeks to heal, but I’m not a doctor, and then he needs rehab after that probably."
But he said it himself after the Wolves game Rashford was carrying something before then

Ban

Agreed. Helps Croatia too given Kane is out too. :)

ottosec

Same shit as with Pogba - risking unfit players in useless games and aggravating/recurring their injuries.

Alvaro Maestre

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24

Haaland didn't have a hat trick this week?

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Worst part is that we would have played him today and on Wednesday and so on. We'd have played him right into the ground. Absolutely diabolical, bizarre thing to do to a 22 year old. We're supposed to protect him ffs.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Haaland didn't have a hat trick this week?
This week yes, not at the time Rashford got injured. He barely practiced with the squad until yesterday's game because of a knee injury.