Rashford | Back in training (22nd May 2020)

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
:( :( :(

So gutted for Rashers, he could have finished top or amongst the top scorers of England and potentially Europe. Lad was on fire. And disastrous for our season too.
My favourite player and he's so exciting to watch. Feel so bad for him.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
I don't think he's a pushover but rather that he felt he needed Rashford on. The wrong decision no doubt, and one that could cost him his job.
We've been relying on Marcus. We get no goals from defenders or midfield, not great news.

Member 101269

It’s not thanks to ole; the situation ole is In is largely down to historical events he’s had no influence over.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
Playing players through injuries is never good, but the only reason we done so is because some genius at the club thought they could sell a striker without replacing them, forcing us to risk further injury to players.

Like it or not that's just irresponsible and whoever's fault it was not to replace Lukaku should be immediately let go, you cant expect to go through a season without resting players now and again, because failing to do so will result in injuries.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Unfortunately so mate :(

I only thought as much as I had a similar injury and he’s exactly like what I was doing. The giveaway was he kept holding his back in pain every bump or run.

I can’t believe the club have let it get to this stage, the fact our squad is so damn poor we’ve over played him into injury - same as pogba.

this season is a write off now. We just need to start again and make sure we’re more prepared next year.

If we don’t sign this jan and have a poor summer we are going to struggle again.
I can't remember hearing of a footballer getting one.
I do a lot of road running, and a couple I know have got stress fractures. But it's very different to get it as a footballer.

The bit that is criminal, is that they were talking about him possibly making today's game!

How can something be a decision, and then find out it's months out. Utterly bewildering.

Although I think i'm right in saying a stress fracture can only be see on an x ray a fair way down the line? So maybe not as easy to pickup as muscular stuff.

We were already light for options up front, so Rashford being out HAS to trigger us into doing something. It just has to.
But the "get the right player in", while sensible in theory, surely has to be rethought as this is emergency territory, as Martial hasn't shown he can put in 20 game uninjured stretches very often

davidmichael

Just comes down to very poor decision making from Ole and our medical team, to risk our best player this season in a cup replay was a ridiculous thing to do which has backfired on us big time.

littlepeasoup

Would imagine the odds of Mason getting called up for England over the summer would have reduced dramatically, especially if he gets an extended run of games in Rashford's absence.

OneUnited24

Players play injuried. It happens, most players play with a knock and are managed through it. A back injury is one of those where you can play through it.

ole shouldn’t have played him vs Wolves that’s a given but for those saying he should only play players fully fit well we’d never play our best 11

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Players play injuried. It happens, most players play with a knock and are managed through it. A back injury is one of those where you can play through it.

ole shouldn’t have played him vs Wolves that’s a given but for those saying he should only play players fully fit well we’d never play our best 11
There is a difference between a stress fracture and a bit of a pulled muscle.

Renegade

If it is infact months, I’m beginning to get annoyed at Ole’s downplaying and lying about news.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
It's a shame it's taken something like this to manage his playing time. It's too late now, he's got a major injury, and the medical staff should be ashamed of how they've handled it. Credit to Rashford for playing through this kind of pain and giving his best, it was clear in the last few games he was severely compromised.

This is hopefully going to force the team to find ways to win without him so that when he does come back, he'll be playing with a team that doesn't rely so heavily on him.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

A back injury is definitely not something you can play sport through you absolute weapon :lol:

have you ever had a genuine injury before? It’s hard enough to run with pain let alone a premier league football match:houllier:

Godfather

Wow we actually risked Marcus' carreer there. Just when you thought this club couldn't fall any deeper. All the best to him. Up to Woodward to get a replacement in as soon as possible. I'm sure, great man that he is, he will get this done in the next few days.

Yagami

Good post resistant
We all saw him holding his back in games for AGES.

Most of us said never resting him would come back to bite us, and it has.

Seriously, what is Ole playing at risking him time and time again. It backfired with Pogba, too, and almost cost us Maguire as well.

Steven Seagull

I mean normally you would trust the medical staff and the decision making behind the process of putting him on the bench in mid week. But then this shit happens all the time now. Like every few weeks something ridiculous happens and it’s just not a coincidence or bad luck anymore

And I actually don’t blame Ole, no way he’s playing Rashford if he’s been advised not to or informed it’s too serious to play. Whole thing stinks. Over and over again

passing-wind

Rashfords season is definitely finished if those comments are accurate. The mis-management from Solskjaer is an absolute disgrace and will likely cost him his job as we need top four.

I've always said that the Glazers spending money has never been our issue, if they don't back Ole adequately over this winter window I think it's telling they will part with him at the seasons end.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Why didn't we let him heal properly instead of papering over the injury and now it's worse.

I don't get our medical team/coaching staff.

nimic

something nice
Scout
What the feck is Solskjær playing at? He's supposed to be all about setting us up for the future, but that's the third or fourth player he's played while obviously too injured to actually play. Or rather, those are the times we've paid the price, who knows if it's happened to other players and we just got lucky.

OneUnited24

A back injury is definitely not something you can play sport through you absolute weapon :lol:

have you ever had a genuine injury before? It’s hard enough to run with pain let alone a premier league football match:houllier:
The very fact that he was may indicate the extent of the problem and how, while a fracture, was something that he could play with. I refuse to believe our medical team is as incompetent as to put him at risk of ending his career if it was as serious as people on here indicate.

Unless I hear that he was taking painkilling injections for the past 6 months I’d believe it’s something we’ve been managing him through.

rashford just recently was taking about how he’s always had back problems throughout youth level. This is probably something he also thought he could also play through with help from the medical team.

Coops73

If true this is on Ole, in my opinion he’s put the health of a player because he fears for his job. I hope I’m proved wrong but I think he’s out of his depth.