Rashford considering his future...

RedDevil@84

I find it hard to believe. Surely Rashford knows he is out because he is underperforming.

Anyways, at the end of the day, if he goes, he goes. We shoud not fall to these tricks by his entourage.

pacifictheme

He has been playing bad for a long time now, he has gotten used to it. Let him go to where ever wants, as long as he's not here running into blind ally's.
Just back to back 20 goal seasons prior to this, with injuries. But sure.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
The whole lazy accusation is strange to me because he was a hell of a worker before those back injuries. I'm not making excuses for him but i can't help but think he was overplayed and hasn't been right since.
His workrate actually dropped off a cliff before the back injuries. I really started noticing it right from the start of that 19/20 season, but his form was so good at that time that you kind of just had to put your hands up and say 'fair enough'. Teams and fans are somewhat willing to put up with laziness if your attacking play is such a huge weapon (see Ronaldo/Messi/Neymar).

When he came back from the back surgery he continued being just as lazy, his form was poor but at least he was still getting a good amount of goals and assists. Now he's lazy, in poor form, and not getting many goals or assists. It's just been a continual slide down.

It's always been obvious that he's modelled his game to some extent on Ronaldo, but unfortunately it seems like it's been the bad habits that have stuck.

wolvored

On current form I can't see anyone offering anywhere near that, and PSG have been championing free transfers of late although losing Mbappe could potentially change that track.

With only a year left on his contract and an option to extend I would hold onto him and see how he performs when the likes of Lingard etc have been moved on. If he is still stuck in this rut by January then it would be best to move on.
He would do a Lingard and wait out the final 4 months and leave on a free. Better to sell in the summer if we can get buyer at a decent price.

Andrew7582

Why does everyone automatically assume that because a player is concerned about a lack of game time that they feel they are entitled to that game time?

A player can feel concerned about game time yet still feel they have to work for it!
If he knows he hasn't been playing well enough to be in the team why is he complaining about it?

Quagmire Maguire

Two seasons ago he posted a 21 goal season and was brilliant, with plenty of talk about our amazing front 3 of Rashford, Martial and Greenwood. Last season he was performing in the main before injury set in. He was the top scorer in the CL until we were eliminated. Your maths is similarly questionable.

It’s extremely easy to make sweeping statements like ‘he’s been poor for 2 years’ when he is in a terrible spell. He’s had some ups and downs last season in particular, but he’s generally played well and had some injury problems. He’s had a rough 12 months, which have included poor form, some better form, and injuries. I don’t think that’s enough to dismiss him at the age of 24 personally.
Could you provide any evidence of Rashford having 3 good games in a row at all over the last 2 years? Because we pay this 'kid' 200k per week which is considerably more than the likes of Haaland, Bellingham, Pedro, Saka, Smith Rowe, Martenielli, Reece James, Foden, Son, Mason Mount.. who all put in much higher performances than he does week after week, hell Rashford can't even be bothered to run anymore.

He should leave and when he does I for one will raise a glass to celebrate. We are absolutely stacked with mediocrity, we have been celebrating and rewarding it as a club for a decade now and we need to get rid of these players and their entitled attitudes, especially those who can't even be bothered to give 100%

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
He’s 100% been one of our best academy graduates ever
No he isn't. All of the below were better than him, and with so many better than him, then how on earth has he been one of our best academy graduates ever?

Chartlon, Best, Edwards, Viollet, Stiles, Folkes, Kidd, Hughes, Scholes, Giggs, Beckham, G.Neville, Butt, P. Neville, O'Shea, Evans, Fletcher, Pogba, Brown.

estel_manutd

Can't wait to get rid of both him and Jesse.

And in the future please stop giving young players too much too soon.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Rashford is a great lad and an inspiration to for all the academy graduates. Sadly though we are a football team and he doesn’t really fit the way we want to play.

He’s 100% been one of our best academy graduates ever but it doesn’t excuse the pretty sheer drop off in his form / career last 18 months. Sometimes it’s best for everyone if we get some money to change the structure of the side and a new challenge for the player.
Way down the pecking order.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
If he knows he hasn't been playing well enough to be in the team why is he complaining about it?
He isn't complaining.

The story is he is concerned with his playing time. In a world cup year.
Not complaining, merely stating that he wants to play more and that may need to be elsewhere, and maybe at a step down to match his current output.

bosskeano

what has actually happened to him?? he's going off the boil now for almost 10 months. Poor form is typically temporary so this is a bit concerning with how badly he is playing

Hughie77

If he wants or threatened to leave , leave him go, sell him to the highest bidder.
And by this years displays it won't be that much.
I'm fecking sick and tired of these kind of statements coming out from Whoever.
Keep your gobs shut, social media nonsense and do what you get paid to do. Sorry we got way to many players like that at present.

antsmithmk

Hates women.
Everton.
Southampton.
Newcastle.
Fulham.

Christ maybe even Arsenal.

Take your pick Marcus.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Rashford is a great lad and an inspiration to for all the academy graduates. Sadly though we are a football team and he doesn’t really fit the way we want to play.

He’s 100% been one of our best academy graduates ever but it doesn’t excuse the pretty sheer drop off in his form / career last 18 months. Sometimes it’s best for everyone if we get some money to change the structure of the side and a new challenge for the player.
If you mean ever since Sir Alex retired, otherwise he's nowhere near it.

Frank Grimes

I think we might have to accept the idea that not only is he not that good but he's actually an arrogant person. I seen an interview he did a view months back and he was talking how he'd be at United in 10 years time, like it was a given. He is so entitled and seems to be completely unaware of how shite he is playing.

clarkydaz

Drops this first thing after a humiliating derby defeat. All about me, im not happy, i want to play on the left for 10 years to cut inside and knuckleball shots on goal. Nowhere near worth the drama

Alan Partridge

I’ve been wanting us to sell Rashford for a good couple of seasons and reinvest in midfield. But naturally we’ll cling on to him until he has no value left and we have no negotiating power. Probably just let him run down his contract.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
I was going to say he just needs to get his head down, but he usually runs into 4 defenders when he does that, so I'm not sure what I'd advise.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
This is surely not true? The guy is living in cloud cuckoo land if it is. What happened to earning your spot based on your performances when you are selected?

I’d fully understand his frustrations if he was banging in goals and causing defences massive problems and then getting dropped. But he’s not. He’s been shit and fully deserves his place on the bench.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
A far bigger profile and reputation than his ability demands.

Club will see him as an asset and will have a new contract on the table and we will be stuck with yet another player who isn’t good enough to start for a top team.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
He’s reached his tipping point where his next wages will far exceed his usefulness. That’s down to shoddy management at the club and believing the hype the players teams and media create after a few good games. He should only be getting what he’s on now for this deal. Putting him on 100k more a week in case he fulfils his potential would be a huge risk. Surely the player can see that himself. I bet ye he’ll either get a stupid deal here or wait around and do a Lingard. That’s the only way he’s not dropping down in wages to leave

KevinJoh

I love Rashford, but for him it would be the best to leave abroad and have easy and good life without fan base that will mock him up just because they can. Kid scored more than 25% of our goals in big matches in last 5 years, playing through injury, never said anything wrong, doing his best and all he gets is hate and slating the first time he is in bad form. You would think he will get support from supporters, but no, he did not deserve support, he is a player for Fulham. Well, it is pretty easy to fix this. He is not the first team player anymore, and with 105 career goals as 24 years old, and almost passing 100 PL mark, I am sure there will be some stupid club willing to part away with some money to buy this not very talented arrogant football player, also known as PR merchant. So, he is entering his last year of contract and that should be it for us, we can take some money and invest in whatever Leipzig has to offer.

Corridor of Uncertainty

It takes a lot of guts to take a big pay cut so fair play on him
No it takes guts to admit things are not going well, to knuckle down, work hard and turn his career around here.

Putting out a brief that he's considering his future, because he isn't getting enough first team football, despite his form being utterly abysmal for 2 seasons shows just how deluded and out of touch he is. It's also a slap in the face of the fans, but entirely keeping with the current mindset our players have. Entitled bunch of twats. Does he really expect to be picked consistently with the shit he's serving up? What planet is he on?

Based on the last 2 seasons, we won't miss him. Must surely have one of the lowest footballing IQs in the squad, which is saying something.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
Lack of form and lack of quality at times is understandable. But lack of application is completely unacceptable.

Fans would be far more forgiving of Rashfords diabolical form if he actually looked like he gave a shit. The guy doesn’t even want to run any more ffs!

Jonty

He would do a Lingard and wait out the final 4 months and leave on a free. Better to sell in the summer if we can get buyer at a decent price.
The club could exercise the 1 year option to avoid him leaving on a free.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Predictable responses... Maybe the guy just wants to get away from the toxicity. From the club and the fanbase, fair enough. It's a shame but cest la vie.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
There was an interview question a few years ago to Rashford, something like "What is your weakness" or "what do you have to work on?" and he said "tracking back".

Fast forward to today - he's worse than he ever was. All attitude - zero team work. He just wants to run after the ball or preferably with it trying tricks, flicks and shots. Well, he can feck off somewhere else doing that. Wouldn't even notice he's gone. He's everything that's wrong with United.

hobbers

He should be considering his future as a footballer at all given how he's played in the last 18 months.

Even for his own mental health, he's clearly miserable on the pitch all the time.

Red00012

I’m sure he’s an intelligent man with what he’s done off the field etc so why does he need clarity on his playing time ? He surely realises he’s been utter tripe this season and Ole isn’t around anymore to play him week in week out.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
I love Rashford, but for him it would be the best to leave abroad and have easy and good life without fan base that will mock him up just because they can. Kid scored more than 25% of our goals in big matches in last 5 years, playing through injury, never said anything wrong, doing his best and all he gets is hate and slating the first time he is in bad form. You would think he will get support from supporters, but no, he did not deserve support, he is a player for Fulham. Well, it is pretty easy to fix this. He is not the first team player anymore, and with 105 career goals as 24 years old, and almost passing 100 PL mark, I am sure there will be some stupid club willing to part away with some money to buy this not very talented arrogant football player, also known as PR merchant. So, he is entering his last year of contract and that should be it for us, we can take some money and invest in whatever Leipzig has to offer.
How on earth is 59 goals ‘almost passing the 100 PL mark’. And how on earth is this his first period of bad form?

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Honestly wouldn’t be bothered in the slightest if he left. Nobody in this current squad is irreplaceable. Offers loads off the pitch but does feck all on the pitch. Let him go if he’s not prepared to fight for his place.