Rashford - New contract or sell?

What to do with Marcus Rashford...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

cyberman

We can’t let him go on a free unless we are oil bankrolled. We bring nothing in from sales and it’s catching up on us

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Offer him a new deal, I am sure we will but we should not be offering him unreasonable wage to stay.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
We can’t let him go on a free unless we are oil bankrolled. We bring nothing in from sales and it’s catching up on us
Of course we can't. People are being silly. Rashford is a very marketable player. His offered salary will be 70% what he is as a player and 30% for what he will bring to the club by being him.

Frank White

How is it clear ETH rate him? He wants Gakpo and a striker, two of Rashford best positions. Garnacho also has shown what we're missing from that LW.
Literally 3 or 4 posts back is ETH talking about trying to show him that United is the best place for him and he intends to keep him for the rest of his contract.

The fact we're in the market for the positions mentioned is we're thread bare atm. Ronaldo gone and although Martial as seemed to turn his career around his injury record is questionable.

If Martial gets injured we're left with Rashford up top which nobody wants, Elanga who most don't rate, a under performing Sancho and Garnacho. Don't think it takes a scientist to work out we need reinforcements.

Lyng

Rashford after we have got Ten Hag has been great. And Ten Hag clearly rates him highly. Now if agent Rashy could help us get Mbappe that would be even better.

TheReligion

Abusive
I don’t see Rashford wanting to leave personally.

He’s a local lad and still sounds time in his community. That’s not even mentioning his charity work and close family ties.

Posh Red

How is it clear ETH rate him? He wants Gakpo and a striker, two of Rashford best positions. Garnacho also has shown what we're missing from that LW.
A few posts before yours is a tweet quoting ten Haag on his thoughts on Rashford. You might want to check it out.

Regardless, it’s been obvious the manager rates Rashford since he came in.

Black Alabaster

"If" he's a free agent, he's not going to be.
We trigger his extension to stop clubs being able to speak to him officially but the groundwork already seems set if there was to be movement in that direction. Interesting test of Rashfords' resolve this.
Yeah we established Rashy will have his extension triggered to stop foreign clubs being able to agree contract with hm in January.

That still doesn't mute the public declarations of interest from PSG's president in our player.

"We're not hiding it, we spoke before...the timing wasn't right for both sides..summer why not" You can't get much more flagrant than that. Players at other clubs usually dont get spoken about in this way out of respect, he sounds quite cocky in the way he is openly courting the player. ETH saying he will serve his entire contract length regardless aswell is notable.

Is it out of the realms of possibility that they offer a fee and massive wage to him in summer with 1 year left?

I personally think he will want to stay, but on Sancho wages which will be ludicrous to give really. Chance to play with Mbappe, Neymar Messi might play on his mind if we don't offer 350k+/week though

Hammondo

Rashford after we have got Ten Hag has been great. And Ten Hag clearly rates him highly. Now if agent Rashy could help us get Mbappe that would be even better.
How exactly has he been great?

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
When played on the left he has been very good for us this season.
He's had some very good performances sandwiched between some very poor ones. Reality is that he's 25 now and is still blowing very hot and cold.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
The manager definitely likes him but he's also going to praise him in the press because he wants to get money for him if he's not staying.

Remember, he also kept Maguire as captain and promptly dropped him when he demonstrated his level. EtH is a guy that judges you based on performances and if Rashford performs, he'll play.

The real test is if Rashford gets as much game time if we have proper competition and everyone is fit. For example, Martial holds the CF spot, Antony has the right side on lockdown and so if Garnacho and Sancho are in really good form, can Rashford made the starting 11 consistently?

Belfast-Red

He's had some very good performances sandwiched between some very poor ones. Reality is that he's 25 now and is still blowing very hot and cold.
I agree with this, his inconsistency is very frustrating. That said, do I want him going elsewhere and possibly finding that consistency? Probably not tbh, unless we got major money that would be reinvested in the forward line. I do think he'll stay if we offer him a new deal.

Lyng

He has done well in the matches where he has played left side. Whenever he was played out of position he didnt perform. But thats hardly something to base judgment on, especially given how some of our other players like Bruno have played when out of position.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Absolute numbers mean nothing without the games played context. I wanted Rooney gone before LvG came in and he overstayed his welcome massively.

People need to learn that posting a tweet does not make a point or support an argument.

Rolaholic

Absolute numbers mean nothing without the games played context. I wanted Rooney gone before LvG came in and he overstayed his welcome massively.

People need to learn that posting a tweet does not make a point or support an argument.
The games played would be comparable to Becks, Scholes, Giggs and Rooney who got their starts just as young if not earlier than he did and were staples for us for most of their careers.

Not sure what's so terrible about highlighting the fact that he's already one of our most prolific players of the last 30 years yet the way people talk about him on here, you'd think he's Welbeck 2.0.

The club will no doubt look to lock him up as literally any other club with a similar homegrown player and profile would.

Shark

@NotShark
The games played would be comparable to Becks, Scholes, Giggs and Rooney who got their starts just as young if not earlier than he did and were staples for us for most of their careers.

Not sure what's so terrible about highlighting the fact that he's already one of our most prolific players of the last 30 years yet the way people talk about him on here, you'd think he's Welbeck 2.0.

The club will no doubt look to lock him up as literally any other club with a similar homegrown player and profile would.
Half of the reason United have won absolutely nothing for a decade aside from a couple of second rate cups is because we've been signing and re-signing players based on profile. The club should thread very lightly on this one and not rush into anything because he done absolutely nothing for the guts of 18 months on the pitch before this decent spell. That's a long ass time

stevoc

He was lazy when he playing through injury and was still lazy after he has recovered from his injury. Regardless playing right or left or centre, it shouldn’t stop the player to run and press opposition players. Players can play bad, but the work rate should remain to at least give a feck. Bruno despite of playing left right or centre always run and press opposition players. I’m a hard working myself at my own professional and it is my nature of cannot stand with players who are being lazy.
Lazy while playing with a serious back injury?

Yeah ok mate. He had one bad season for feck sake, coincidentally in a season when pretty much to a man the entire squad had a bad season.
Ok mate, you are not reading again. I already Told you He didn’t have back injury last season and still lazy. One Bad season is very debatable here in the standard of top level.
I'm just reading what you're writing mate.

Lecland07

I don't know why people keep on saying he hasn't done anything for 18 months. Are people including the two summer periods around 21/22? Of course, he isn't going to do anything when no games are being played.

If he comes up as an option for free, I think there would be very few big clubs not interested in his signature. An absolute no-brainer, bargain signing for any top club. It would be absolutely crazy not to offer him a new contract. Judging by transfer fees nowadays, there is no doubt that he is worth £70m at the minimum. Getting a player like that for free would be fantastic business.

It would not surprise me in the slightest if City tried their hand at getting him. PSG is pretty much certain now. Chelsea - no doubt about it. I could see Barcelona and, maybe, Bayern Munich going in for him, also.

Rolaholic

Half of the reason United have won absolutely nothing for a decade aside from a couple of second rate cups is because we've been signing and re-signing players based on profile. The club should thread very lightly on this one and not rush into anything because he done absolutely nothing for the guts of 18 months on the pitch before this decent spell. That's a long ass time
We're terrible because we re-sign our few homegrown talents? Our awful recruitment has been much more of a reason along with gash coaching for half the time post-Fergie than extending local boys...

He's been playing recently how he was before that year and a half of playing nonstop football with an injury riddled body. Other clubs simply do not let their younger talents go (just see the astronomically exorbitant release clauses every top young talent in La Liga has), especially not for free, so it's more than reasonable for the club to be aiming to tie him down for his prime years.

The price it would take to replace him with a similar type player in the same age range in this market would vastly outweigh whatever pay bump he may get.

cyberman

We're terrible because we re-sign our few homegrown talents? Our awful recruitment has been much more of a reason along with gash coaching for half the time post-Fergie than extending local boys...

He's been playing recently how he was before that year and a half of playing nonstop football with an injury riddled body. Other clubs simply do not let their younger talents go (just see the astronomically exorbitant release clauses every top young talent in La Liga has), especially not for free, so it's more than reasonable for the club to be aiming to tie him down for his prime years.

The price it would take to replace him with a similar type player in the same age range in this market would vastly outweigh whatever pay bump he may get.
But it’s the consistency . He’s having a good season because we seem to have played nothing but huge games but his problems lay in playing v blocks. If he misses an early chance he’s just gone, he won’t hit a barn door after that so we miss chance after chance and just throw away 3 points.
Others are to blame as well but a top side can’t abide the chances he misses, the quality at the top is too much.
For me we resign him but let’s not pretend there’s an argument that selling him and looking for an upgrade doesn’t make sense in itself.

Black Alabaster

I agree with you on the most part I like the way you think but you are underselling the impact of putting a 25 year old on £350K+ a week to be on parity with Sancho who is 22.

The knock on effect of giving Rashford who let's be honest, yeah we love him and he has had periods being on fire but he has not so far been De Buryne/Salah level salary who are on similair amounts and got there through proven world class seasons back to back to back.

With Sancho and Rashford both on 350k+ with inconsistent to mediocre contribution, what happens when it's time to renew Sancho, Bruno, Martinez, Antony, Garnacho and any other good player we have in a few years if they are pulling up trees, or do we just sell Bruno as he will be 32ish and don't think he is worth what his agent will no doubt demand for his contribution.

Or when we try to sign a big talent too, our salary ceiling will be broken and puts us on the backfoot in negotiations at a time where we will need to be buying a lot of new good players every season for the next few seasons.

That unearned and over paying in salary and contract issue was supposed to be gone with Matt Judge.

Frank White

I agree with you on the most part I like the way you think but you are underselling the impact of putting a 25 year old on £350K+ a week to be on parity with Sancho who is 22.

The knock on effect of giving Rashford who let's be honest, yeah we love him and he has had periods being on fire but he has not so far been De Buryne/Salah level salary who are on similair amounts and got there through proven world class seasons back to back to back.

With Sancho and Rashford both on 350k+ with inconsistent to mediocre contribution, what happens when it's time to renew Sancho, Bruno, Martinez, Antony, Garnacho and any other good player we have in a few years if they are pulling up trees, or do we just sell Bruno as he will be 32ish and don't think he is worth what his agent will no doubt demand for his contribution.

Or when we try to sign a big talent too, our salary ceiling will be broken and puts us on the backfoot in negotiations at a time where we will need to be buying a lot of new good players every season for the next few seasons.

That unearned and over paying in salary and contract issue was supposed to be gone with Matt Judge.
We're coming off of a transfer window where we gave the Dutch league 130m on two players and whacked one on the same salary as Rashford so don't think the over paying is going anywhere, anytime soon.

Vapor trail

His contract will be renewed, the manager is impressed with him. I trust ETH judgement over many fans who seem to have an agenda against Marcus.

He's been very effective this season and even when playing as a centre forward his movement was fantastic. Lacks the composure in front of goal to be devastating but he's never been that profile of forward player. He offers the team enough in the attack to offset for his lack of being clinical in the final third. It's a simple question are United better or worse without Marcus and the answer is clear as day.

Polar

£50-60m is a fair price and we should sell him if we receive a bid. Rashford is a good player, but we are building a new squad and Rashford isn’t perfect for ETH’s style of play.

Tony247

Sell him if we get 100m. Invest that in the areas where we need the most.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
A few posts before yours is a tweet quoting ten Haag on his thoughts on Rashford. You might want to check it out.

Regardless, it’s been obvious the manager rates Rashford since he came in.
Gakpo is not coming here as a backup. Neither the new striker. ETH would say otherwise, but action speaks louder.

Rolaholic

Gakpo is not coming here as a backup. Neither the new striker. ETH would say otherwise, but action speaks louder.
What do you mean? We lost our backup striker for nothing, never replaced Cavani/Greenwood and Martial has been injured a bunch.

There's already plenty of room for a new forward or two without even looking at Rashford's position where he's been one of the first names on the team sheet for ETH

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
What do you mean? We lost our backup striker for nothing, never replaced Cavani/Greenwood and Martial has been injured a bunch.

There's already plenty of room for a new forward or two without even looking at Rashford's position where he's been one of the first names on the team sheet for ETH
Rashford as striker is average. He's on the first names, but who is he competing with? It's like saying Lindelof is the first name in the team sheet, thus ETH rates him.

Of course if he improves more, I'd prefer he stays. But leaving hm with one year on contract, the constant flirting with PSG, and he's not that good anyway, just leave a bit sour taste.

Rolaholic

Rashford as striker is average. He's on the first names, but who is he competing with? It's like saying Lindelof is the first name in the team sheet, thus ETH rates him.
How is it even comparable when Lindelof isn't a starter when everyone's fit?

Rashford has been the first choice LW whenever he's been fit and the auxiliary striker when there are injuries to the other strikers.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
How is it even comparable when Lindelof isn't a starter when everyone's fit?

Rashford has been the first choice LW whenever he's been fit and the auxiliary striker when there are injuries to the other strikers.
But Varane rarely fit. Lindelof is the 1st choice more often. So anyway, you missed the point of who he's competing with.

Anyway, bro. Like I said, i don't mind he's staying, but not at any cost.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I'm just reading what you're writing mate.
Once again you’re not reading. You can’t just stop reading in the mid of sentence then interpreted it, you need to read it in the full sentence!! It means that People used excuse of his injury to defend him being lazy but in reality after he has recovered from injury last season, he hasn’t changed aka he is still lazy. What’s so difficult to read it in full sentence.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
From my understanding last season. People wanted him to be sold last season because of his contract situation but at the same time don’t mind him to stay if he extends his contract by taking a paycut. I don’t think anyone can argue that he hasn‘t perform like a player worth of 200k p/w, never mind deserves a payrise to get a new contract.

Shai-Hulud

Unless Rash loves this club a lot more than the average top player loves their club, I don't see why he would accept 175k pw or whatever here if he can sign on a free for PSG for 300k pw a year later.

Status
Not open for further replies.