g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Rashford out partying at nightclub hours before reporting as too ill to attend training

Status
Not open for further replies.

GreatDane

I've been sick of him for a good while, so if this forces the club to finally sell him then keep on clubbing Marcus!

r3idy

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
We have a real culture issues with the players and weak leaders in the team. I am sure if our current captain is from the past captains like keane, rooney etc, they will kick the shit out of rashy for doing that.
The worst part is these players don't even have the performances and achievements to give them any leeway for acting like that.
I think a hell of a lot of this is over hyped with Keane and Rooney being the dressing room bullies etc. Let's have it right Keane liked a drink or two and Rooney had a penchant for the older lady during term time. Agree with you though when you look back at the last time we won the Champions League, you had one arm band but pretty much every position was filled with a leader, ex captain or current captain of their national set up.

iKeano

I listened to an old podcast recently (way pre Ineos - Utd interest) where Brailsford talked at length about his Hunger Index.

Hunger Index: commitment x hunger – distraction = performance.

Every word he spoke - if put into action at Utd - felt like a nail in so many of these rotten, toxic waters coffins at Utd, but no one player came to mind as the complete opposite of what Brailsford spoke about when culturing success than Rashford.

Talent alone - which he clearly has bags of - isn't enough. He lacks commitment on and off the pitch, is seemingly void of hunger on the pitch, has a litany of distractions - all.of.which has been reflected in his apathetic (and some just plain pathetic) performances, with increasing frequency, over the years. (I acknowledge his freak year last year when he played for his supper, but Brailsford specifically mentions athletes over performing in the lead up to contract renewals and the hunger dying when they achieve the reward!).

Ten Hag clearly has blinkers on when it comes to certain players. Rashford as got away with lots over the years now wearing the Wellbeck "local lad" cloak of immunity. We'll see what Ineos are made of pretty quickly. If they stick with Rashford and his petulant mediocrity for another summer transfer window, then they're Glazers 2.0 as many people (myself included) fear. A shiney distraction/deflection from the Glazers while it's Business As Usual for the leeches and Ineos help with the creaming of the club behind another false dawn.

BUT.

They have the opportunity to prove quickly that they're here for the football and to build success and that will have to start with a ruthless implementation of schools of thought like the Hunger Index which will give so many of the current crop of overpaid clingers on nowhere to hide. They need to build a culture where going on a city break, clubbing, partying and ringing in sick for work the next day is a trait reserved for the fans on away days and deemed completely unacceptable for the millionaire professional athletes.

I truly hope its the latter.

Revaulx

(Edited to remove weird bit)

Out of maybe around 50 players he knows over the years from England NT and United he seems to be close with the wrong uns. Lingard and Sancho. And their behaviors are the same too. I wonder why.
Lingard might be an annoying little tit, but I honestly don’t recall any incidents when he’s been called out for shirking. Headless chicken maybe, but he’s always worked hard on the pitch as well; more so than either Rashford or Sancho.

Last edited:

Sara125

Very disappointing he is turning out to be. I remember that hungry 18 year old that scored back to back goals against Mijjyland and then Arsenal.

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
Do you think it’s possible he didn’t realise Belfast was a part of the UK and the English media wouldn’t spot him there?

stevoc

As their last game was on 14th January, wouldn't you think it would have been better to organise it earlier.
Apparently he came over with RoShaun Williams who only signed for Larne on Thursday.

But still you would imagine he had permission to fly over for a few days considering we play this weekend. It's not like he would plan to head to Belfast and expect that no one would recognise him or notice him in a nightclub.

If he didn't have permission then he's been dumb as feck.

The Urban Goose

Apparently he came over with RoShaun Williams who only signed for Larne on Thursday.

But still you would imagine he had permission to fly over for a few days considering we play this weekend. It's not like he would plan to head to Belfast and expect that no one would recognise him or notice him in a nightclub.

If he didn't have permission then he's been dumb as feck.
The Athletic article reads as though he had permission for Wednesday night as Thursday was a day off, but not for Thursday night.

stevoc

Do you think it’s possible he didn’t realise Belfast was a part of the UK and the English media wouldn’t spot him there?
You'd like to think that isn't the case, in my time living in England I did encounter a lot of English people who didn't have a clue about the difference netween the UK/Britain/Ireland/Northern Ireland/The Republic.

But even if he is that thick surely he wouldn't be thick enough to think people here don't have mobile phones or the internet.

Last edited:

Reynoldo

He needs to be burnt, and publicly too as a warning to the rest of the squad and any new incomings that things are changing around here.

Dan_F

The Athletic article reads as though he had permission for Wednesday night as Thursday was a day off, but not for Thursday night.
Asking for permission is a bit of a strange one. It’s an hour flight. Quicker than getting to London from Manchester. If there was no training on Thursday, then why would he need to check with the club about going.

Of course staying on for an extra night, being in a nightclub and then missing training on Friday is pathetic. I don’t understand what your mindset has be to do that after you’ve just had 10 days without a game. He already looked like he’d been away in somewhere like America during the first week, based off his Instagram.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
This star boy, that must be protected at all cost needs to stop. We can’t continue like this.
The damning part is there’s no one, no one in that dressing room that can give him a bollocking.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
All these England "ballers" have a huge attitude problem.

Time to feck them off tbh.

I know people will bring up players from yesteryear who used to go out and get smashed but the difference is, crucially, that they actually performed. They didn't coast for months on end offering sweet FA to the club.

It's clear for a while that his body language and attitude on the pitch is a disgrace. Running down blind alleys, not passing the ball, trying to beat four men, shooting from everywhere, not tracking back, not pressing.

First it was "he's playing injured", then it's "he's out of position" then it's he's "out of form".

In reality, this is him. Never the type of player who wins you the league.

Out justification for keeping him seems to be wishful thinking/slash hope he will become a Vini/Mbappe type player combined with him being an academy boy and the marketing side.

Just dump him in the summer, PSG will take the bait.

Gopher Brown

I don’t care if he was in a nightclub on Thursday night but even if he was deathly ill on Friday, you come in to training - you can go sit in a jacuzzi for 3hrs if you’re unable to train.

The real stupidity here is in letting the media get a negative story when your entire season so far has been negative after negative.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
I’ve been on the Sancho and Rashford out train for a while now.

This news doesn’t shock me.

LARulz

This star boy, that must be protected at all cost needs to stop. We can’t continue like this.
The damning part is there’s no one, no one in that dressing room that can give him a bollocking.
And we have a dressing room with Varane and Case but they weirdly have no clear authority at the club

If we had bought him and he performed like he has then he'd be sold a long time ago. Homegrown or not, he's blown too many chances

FortunaUtd

I for one believe it is rather professional to get in your hangover day off before a tie against a 4th division side, in which you are unlikely to be needed at your best or at all, rather than some meaningful game.

James35

Hope he gets sold but very doubtful anyone would take him and pay him what he wants. Not sure the PSG rumours were ever true but got to hope Mbappe leaves for any chances it will happen.

These were my thoughts prior to this news but seeing this just makes me believe those thoughts valid.

Not a great player either and someone we surely won’t miss with the right recruitment.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
And we have a dressing room with Varane and Case but they weirdly have no clear authority at the club

If we had bought him and he performed like he has then he'd be sold a long time ago. Homegrown or not, he's blown too many chances
They have no authority at the club because they have achieved nothing at the club.
I just watched a video of Goldbridge saying Giggs, Neville and co would blast a player for leaving a bib on the training pitch in front of everyone. We have no standards at the club and no one to maintain them.
The sad part is that it should be Rashford doing it. He's is from the area, is from the academy and has achieved somewhat more than the others at the club.
Just sell him please.

justsomebloke

I for one believe it is rather professional to get in your hangover day off before a tie against a 4th division side, in which you are unlikely to be needed at your best or at all, rather than some meaningful game.
Partying into the night and then calling in sick for work the day after is pretty much the definition of unprofessional, whether you're a public toilet attendant or a football player.

clarkydaz

They have no authority at the club because they have achieved nothing at the club.
I just watched a video of Goldbridge saying Giggs, Neville and co would blast a player for leaving a bib on the training pitch in front of everyone. We have no standards at the club and no one to maintain them.
The sad part is that it should be Rashford doing it. He's is from the area, is from the academy and has achieved somewhat more than the others at the club.
Just sell him please.
And we have 18/19 year olds in the team looking up and seeing this

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
You'd like to think that isn't the case, in my time living in England I did encounter a lot of English people who didn't have a clue about the difference netween the UK/Britain/Ireland/Northern Ireland/The Republic.

But even if he is that thick surely he surely wouldn't be thick enough to think people here don't have mobile phones or the internet.
He’s even worse, he’s a rich entitled English person. Safe to say he probably hasn’t a clue!

that said, I do think it’s probably more that he doesn’t care, same as on the pitch.

Loon

:lol:
If the new set up is supposedly evaluating players, he will not escape scrutiny. Hopefully the club will have the funds to replace him and he can be dropped or find a club.

Oranges038

Not a good look for him.

If this is indeed true, then he should be given the Sancho treatment.

90 + 5min

Think this has allowed because we have let players think they are bigger than the club and definitely bigger than their managers. That definitely needs to change. I am sure we will soon be getting another statement from Rashford's advisors saying it is all a pack of lies.

All players have PR teams, but other clubs seem to keep some sort of control over them, we let them run riot and they become a distraction and the publicity the generate is quite often to the detriment of the club. I know everything with some players is about social media clicks, but there has to be some limit to it.
You don’t have to think. It is like this. Fans are fault for this because they put them before managers and club. Despite seeing them throwing every good manager under the bus. Despite seeing them disrespecting club in every way.

All those pretenders can do what they want because they are some assets to the club. In reality they are poor players with poor attitude and zero character. They should be fined every week. Even for smal things like leaving seats up in toilett, not throwing garbage in right bin, not cleaning their hotel rooms after away games. Everything. They are like uneducated children with ton of money.

edgecutter

He's the face of the club. Any united game that is advertised on tv has his face plastered all over it.

I have wanted rid for the last number of years, but with that new contract he's here till he's 30. What boggles my mind is how we keep giving average players these types of wages. Salah isn't even on the same money :houllier:

Last edited:

TheRedDevil'sAdvocate

You don’t have to think. It is like this. Fans are fault for this because they put them before managers and club. Despite seeing them throwing every good manager under the bus. Despite seeing them disrespecting club in every way.

All those pretenders can do what they want because they are some assets to the club. In reality they are poor players with poor attitude and zero character. They should be fined every week. Even for smal things like leaving seats up in toilett, not throwing garbage in right bin, not cleaning their hotel rooms after away games. Everything. They are like uneducated children with ton of money.
No, my friend, you simply don't get it. If only one of Howe, Potter, De Zerbi or Ange were here... they would have made this all go away with their charisma, their linguistic skills and their ability to organize "happy-time" training sessions. There's simply no way a culture that allows employees to financially max out while delivering the bare minimum will breed individuals who will act like children and mentally check out the moment they're asked to step outside their comfort zones. All it takes is a little convincing, or so the Caf is telling us.

Chairman Steve

I hope that new contract is loaded with stipulations and clauses regarding KPIs, and that maybe he’s not quite on the money that’s been reported but rather it’s the figure he could be on if he was doing well a year or two into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.