Rashford - Playing through injury (again)

Nobby style

Tooting Colombia to Tooting Bec and back again
He’s not a special talent, Rooney was a special talent, Mbappe is a special talent. Rashford is a good player who is unbelievably overrated in England. Nobody outside of the UK rates him as a special player. He’s just a good but very inconsistent player capable of producing great moments.

Ole has let him down, out of fear of losing his job.
How exactly do you know no one outside the UK rates him as a special talent? Watching United from South America, the Argie announcers, and especially their ex-player pundits, absolutely cream over Rashford. They easily rate rate him as world class and one of, if not thee top English players of his generation. You're talking absolute bollocks saying nobody rates him outside the UK. Learn Spanish and have a listen.

red4ever 79

I’d imagine him playing has a lot to do with Rashford wanting to play. If it was seriously that bad he’d get surgery instead obviously feels like he can play on till after the euros and instead throw next season in to doubt Depending on recovery time.

Ole, the coaching staff and medical can only go off of what Rashford tells them on how he is coping with it. He’s most likely been advised it’s either manageable or to get surgery but in the end the decision is his.
Disagree with that. It was the same situation last year when he had a bad back and continued to play and ended up with a stress fracture there. Ole is ole. He continues to play the same people week in week out, no rotation. Add on the fact that we failed to add a top class winger last summer. Poor showing all round really.

mav_9me

So Rashford is rated as a special footballer by non-United fans outside of England? Emphasis on the word special. Being special & being good, or even great, are very different things. Marcus Rashford doesn’t have the fundamentals of a special talent. He’s a good player, who can be great, and can be awful. He’s never been a special talent. Never even been close.
How many do u know?

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I’d rather he step out of the team and we get him the treatment/rest he needs. Not only is that the sensible thing to do, he’s not actually much of an asset playing with such a hindrance anyway.

Dan_F

Glad he played the second half against Sociedad. That was worthwhile.

Judas

Open to offers
He's massively underrated. Comfortably our 2nd best and most important player this season and he's not looked fit for the majority of it. Yet you still have people on here jumping at any chance to play down his abilities. Odd fanbase.

stepic

A fit and injury free Rashford walks into that Barca team. Have you actually watched them this season? Messi clearly still a genius but none of their other forwards are that good and they don't put the numbers up that Rashy does either.

Greizmann is a shadow of the player he was. Defenders would much rather face him than Rashford. Dembele isn't that special either. He's no better than Rashford.

Rashford has 18 goals in 42
Greiezmann has 11 goals in 33
Dembele has 8 goals in 31
who is Rashford competing with for goals? Martial, who is playing terribly, a second year player in Greenwood, a 34 year old Cavani. Rashford gets so many opportunities yet is barely a 1 in 3 scorer in the league. he should be putting up way bigger numbers with the lack of competition he faces in this team. comparing his numbers to Barca is pointless.

He’s not a special talent, Rooney was a special talent, Mbappe is a special talent. Rashford is a good player who is unbelievably overrated in England. Nobody outside of the UK rates him as a special player. He’s just a good but very inconsistent player capable of producing great moments.

He would start for both Barca and PSG. Moise Kean and Braithwaite start for those two.

big rons sovereign

How can I turn this into an excuse for ole bashing? Aha! I don't need an excuse, everything is oles fault.
Hitler, Stalin, bad weather, injured players, everything!
I can now derail every thread with my obsessive anti ole agenda.....:boring:

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
who is Rashford competing with for goals? Martial, who is playing terribly, a second year player in Greenwood, a 34 year old Cavani. Rashford gets so many opportunities yet is barely a 1 in 3 scorer in the league. he should be putting up way bigger numbers with the lack of competition he faces in this team. comparing his numbers to Barca is pointless.
Hahahahahaha

Rashford put up good numbers last season too even when martial did too.

HailtotheKing

Players want to play. It’s up to the manager to do what’s right for the team and the player. Same as Bruno. They don’t need to play meaningless matches. Oles squad management is terrible. He doesn’t trust anyone but his first 11 so never risks anyone else. And now we’re suffering from it. Players are run into the ground. How can you justify lindelof playing every game when he has a back injury? And when everyone is screaming that he doesn’t play well with maguire. The way this club is managed from top to bottom is shocking. And I can’t believe that the greatest sub in the world doesn’t understand the value of subs. It’s ridiculous. James is now seen as a key player after being on the bench the entire season. How? Because he finally came off it and was given the opportunity to play. We shoulda managed our squad better. And if rashford suffers now it’s on Ole.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Nonsense. He’d get nowhere near their starting elevens.

You won’t see anyone from outside the UK calling Rashford a special talent. Rooney was, Scholes was, young Owen was, Rashford just isn’t.
Ousmane Dembélé gets in Barca's starting XI so...

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
Rashford put his body on the line last season, to his own detriment, (could easily argue he still hasn't recovered) and this is how we treat him? This is poor from Ole.

Last edited:

SATA

He barely ran against Sociedad, he came on and played a few passes here and there. Not sure why him playing in that game kept being brought up

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads

Stacks

I don't know how much of a special talent he is. He just sometimes runs into defenders, sometimes into 3-4 defenders even if there is no wiggle room to run into. His ball control is often 50-50. His ability to sometimes come up with some brilliant moments is the only reason he's still in this team. The man has talents to the infinity level but still needs to work on a lot of things. He's still young and I'm sure he will get the recognition he deserves in his later years if he keeps learning and producing. He's just as capable as Rooney because they can both score even on off days and Rooney did have a few stinkers in the United shirt but that was often masked by the players around him which frankly Rashford lacks.
His ball control is pretty darn solid. the amount of times he pulls balls out of the air. Special talent, he is not. He is more like Nani

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.

He is nowhere near Rooney or Mbappe level that's for sure.

Stacks

Isn't that a common thing that footballers play through minor injury (in a way only half of them are fully injury-free)? If it was something major than he surely wouldn't be there, it's not up to manager but to medical staff. Plus, it says he "might" need an operation so we don't know if it's 80/20 or 20/80.
If it may need surgery then it ain't 'minor.' If that was the case many more footballers would go under the knife. Are you short of memory. Didn't Pogba decide for himself to have surgery because United medical staff said he's ok to play? But Pogba just got it resolved and make a full recovery

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
If this is the case, we need to give him time off to recuperate. Just because we've got no cover, doesn't mean we can't allow players to be injured.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
This is nonsense, I live in Spain and the Spanish commentators on DAZN and Movistar are always raving about how good Rashford is and recognise him and Bruno as our best players.
Same in Germany. And going by frequent rumours linking him to PSG or Barca, we are not quite alone in that assessment.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
How exactly do you know no one outside the UK rates him as a special talent? Watching United from South America, the Argie announcers, and especially their ex-player pundits, absolutely cream over Rashford. They easily rate rate him as world class and one of, if not thee top English players of his generation. You're talking absolute bollocks saying nobody rates him outside the UK. Learn Spanish and have a listen.
No no no, @Schmeichel's Cartwheel has spoken for everybody outside of the uk, Who are you, somebody ACTUALLY outside the uk to disagree?

He'sRaldo

If this is true, after how Ole has treated injuries to Pogba, Maguire, Pogba getting Covid, Rashford's back, Lindelof's back etc...

I'm really starting to hate his management. I didn't like it before, but now I'm starting to really fecking hate it.

Last edited:

RedDevil@84

Forcing him/himself with an injury into Euros. Just what United and England need

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
I have felt for a while he is playing with injury. And ideally we would give him a few weeks off. But clearly we can’t afford this as we don’t have any replacement. But that’s not even my main issue here. Usually if someone needs treatment then they are out and get that treatment.
With him I feel we wouldn’t benefit at all as he would rest, not play for us, but will then go on to play almost every single minute for England. So what benefit would United get in such a case by resting him?
The best solution now (based on the limited info we have about his condition) would be to give him the occasional rest, let him play the Euros and afford him the treatment and rest afterwards.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
If it may need surgery then it ain't 'minor.' If that was the case many more footballers would go under the knife. Are you short of memory. Didn't Pogba decide for himself to have surgery because United medical staff said he's ok to play? But Pogba just got it resolved and make a full recovery
So he made an operation on his own?

He'sRaldo

Both Pogba and Ole admitted he threw Pogba straight into the starting lineup instead of letting him recuperate. And we all saw the effects of that, and how poor our midfield was at the start of the season, not to mention the absolute shit Pogba got for playing poorly in that period.

There's just no protection for the players. Look at the shit Rashford's getting right now, and he's apparently suffering with a bad shoulder which by all accounts is excruciating. If he plays poorly no protection, no being subbed. Same with Lindelof who has been complaining about his back to Swedish media.

And of course we can't forget how we lost Pogba for half of last season, when Ole brought him straight from injury to play 90 minutes vs Tranmere(??) or some other shite team. Remember him bringing Lingard on not fully fit vs Liverpool which backfired and we had to take Lingard off with Rashford having to walk around up front injured with no subs. Or him playing Maguire through injury unnecessarily vs a Championship team.

There are just so many instances of Ole taking unnecessary risks with the players' health that have been forgotten or ignored, but he still doesn't learn with each incident.

red_de_pologne

It’s infuriating, and he is in top 5 players by most minutes played in PL this season. As are 4 other United players. The squad will be ran into the ground by May. While VDB or Diallo will struggle for minutes.

bsCallout

So Rashford is rated as a special footballer by non-United fans outside of England? Emphasis on the word special. Being special & being good, or even great, are very different things. Marcus Rashford doesn’t have the fundamentals of a special talent. He’s a good player, who can be great, and can be awful. He’s never been a special talent. Never even been close.
What do your comments have to do with this thread at all? Go troll and criticise in his player thread if that's all you want to do.

bsCallout

Definitely will be his decision to play, it's obviously something they don't expect to get worse and want to manage it through the season so he can also play in the Euros.

Unfortunately for Rashford we don't have any options to rest him much.

Jericho

Playing through an injury...if only Phil Jones was of a similar mindset.

Born2Lose

If Henry Winter told me it's pasta I'd check under the sauce, it's pretty clear he's known as a "friendly" journo with the England players.

Majima

Supports
Ralf Rangnick.
So he made an operation on his own?
No. The club and him were on the same page.

Ole: "Paul came back after a long spell out, two games (after Newcastle), couldn’t go to Burnley, felt his ankle was sore, we did a scan and it’s not the same injury, it’s a different injury and when you get that scan you consult your own medical people as well like I did, you want the best second opinion and the advice was to have it done," the United manager said at the start of January

Pogba: “You have to be very patient because, well my injury, I don’t know if people really know what happened,” he explained. “So I had a foot injury, which came in the game against Southampton. It was early this season and so I carried this for a long time, training and trying to be playing with it. After I stopped, I found I had a fracture.

”I had a cast on it, a plaster-cast, so it went very well but too well. The bone got bigger and so, when I came back again, I played those two games against Watford and Newcastle, I could feel something again. So I had to have an operation and now here I am. I don’t feel anything and, hopefully, I’ll be back very soon.“

Last edited:

Irwin99

Jesus wept. Ole needs to stop playing Rashford with an injury or the lad will have to retire before he's 30.
This 100% FFS! This is what happened last season when he did his back in when playing constantly because our genius board/manager decided to go into a new season with just three strikers (one of them an 18 year old). He did his back in when playing with an injury and was lucky not to be out for the whole season.

The arguments about how good he is etc aren't the issue here. It's a good player being run into the ground by a manager who wont drop/rest him.

RedRoach

He would start for both Barca and PSG. Moise Kean and Braithwaite start for those two.
He would start for any of the top teams in Spain right now easily. You could argue that these teams aren't in great shape in terms of playing staff, but that is the reality.

Manoucha09

What are our options? If we've learnt anything from the last few weeks its that our attacking roster is in complete disarray and needs to be our sole focus this summer
We've had the chance to rest him over the last month or so. There was no need for him coming on against Sociedad and he didn't need to play the whole game against West Ham in the cup.

Yes, we haven't got the best options waiting on the sidelines, but Rashford became a regular because he was given a chance in the Europa League that night against Midtjylland. We might as well give some fringe/youth players a chance in the cup games, especially when we've won the first leg away 4-0. We've seen James come in and do relatively well, why not give Amad a proper chance? We might not have a choice if the players are run into the ground.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
If Henry Winter told me it's pasta I'd check under the sauce, it's pretty clear he's known as a "friendly" journo with the England players.
He was the first that called out Rashford's 5/6 month back problem last season that led him to be out just before the Covid break, chances are he has good information.