Rashford probably needs to leave - Jamie Redknapp

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Utter rubbish - not a single person with a head would sell a decent player like him because he is simply struggling under Jose. Notice what's happening with Martial who actually wants to get out of here?

Jose had 2 players to manage with just a 10% bit of extra care at the start of his tenure - Rashford & Martial and both are suddenly trash :lol:

I'm sorry - I don't believe it's their fault until they struggle under a technical tactical manager :D

You can tell me all you want how Rashford & Martial would not be under any other clubs first team - the fact is and is actually backed by what other ex football critics are saying - that if any other manager was at United; Rashford would be better off. God under Klopp or Guardiola - there would almost be no reason to buy sterling or mane because Rashford has the ability to play those roles down to an absolute tee - considering he is 20 and will grow over time.

Anyway no need to believe you - I will continue to listen to the ex professional footballing players & agree with them thinking that Rashford is being so so so so poorly managed by Jose.

Played him to compete as a LW with Martial to primarily cross balls in to Lukaku - the better Andy Carroll :D

Rashford is an average player and will never become a world class striker.

He has blistering pace and can strike a ball but he doesn’t really have much else. Scores the odd goal and suddenly he has the potential to be world class.

He has a purple patch when he first started playing for United, once that purple patch was over he is now at his actual level. Which is average.

MrBest

Excluding this season, he has played 123 games for united and that's including the fact he only played the last 3rd of his first season. Average, 41 games a year. He has had a lot of chances so does he need to leave based on stats, no. In terms of development, under Gaal he hit the ground running. His second season was a lot of inconsistency, something you would expect. His third season the inconsistency continued something you don't expect and in his 4th season he is banned for next 3 games. Now every player develops at a different rate, how many people had heard of Kane when he was 20 and on loan to championship Leciester? Not many and that includes me! Ronaldo also was super inconsistent up until 21. I'm not saying he will be a star like both of them but I'm saying in terms of time he has plenty on his hands. In terms of coaching development though, i dont really see progress. Jose and his staff have no managed to get the best out of his nor have we seem much development in his decision making. This worries me the most because this is the age he should be experimenting with his game and making new mistakes. RAshford seems to be making the same mistakes and comes across as a one trick pony. It has led people to say he is average which he clearly is not. He has been mismanaged OR has a attitude problem and is not taking new advice on board. Who knows?

Weighing this up, as a fan I hope he don't leave and we see him blossom into his potential. If i was rashford I would look to leave and find a coach who could get the best out of me. It's really swings and roundabouts.

Mainoldo

He has blistering pace and can strike a ball but he doesn’t really have much else. Scores the odd goal and suddenly he has the potential to be world class.

He has a purple patch when he first started playing for United, once that purple patch was over he is now at his actual level. Which is average.
I said the same about Asensio. I’m just waiting for him to average out too.

sugar_kane

I love all the concern all these ABU twats have for Rashford’s welfare...

Yes, let’s sell our brightest prospect just because a load of ex Liverpool players don’t think he’s getting enough game time.

Has there been a single ex United player come out and say this? Even the ones who aren’t shy of criticising the club

Micky Targaryen

So much fuss about a very average player
Anyone else get the feeling that Rashford will be playing for Everton in a few years?
The kid has vast potential, scored winners against big teams, debut goals in various comps but seriously, what does a 20 year old got to do to get OUR own fans to support him? :lol: Does every 20 year old lad have to be a Mbappe??

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Excluding this season, he has played 123 games for united and that's including the fact he only played the last 3rd of his first season. Average, 41 games a year. He has had a lot of chances so does he need to leave based on stats, no. In terms of development, under Gaal he hit the ground running. His second season was a lot of inconsistency, something you would expect. His third season the inconsistency continued something you don't expect and in his 4th season he is banned for next 3 games..
Make good points but one important thing you miss is that he switched positions from the first season to the second.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
According to Transfermarkt, he averages 147 mins per Goal or assist in his ManUtd career and he is still just 20 but gets too much shit. Few have made the judgement on his potential and at best what level he can reach.

I'm sure these players also guessed the levels of Kane, Lewandowski, Suarez, Modric, Busquets, KdB when they were just 20.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur

Far to early to say that imo - he is clearly a top talent and who knows how good he could become.

MrBest

Make good points but one important thing you miss is that he switched positions from the first season to the second.
Very true but I guess it 'sort of' falls under the coaching point? In part you answered my who knows bit.

Murray3007

Far to early to say that imo - he is clearly a top talent and who knows how good he could become.
spot on. if he's managed correctly he can become anything he wants. heard the same thing for years about Ronaldo when he was here his 1st 3 seasons. and before people start I don't expect him to get anywhere near that level.

Smores

The narrative seems set on this one and its not conspiracy but just lazy journalism for when they have to come up with something notable to say.

Nearly all other teams including those under the management of those proclaimed as great for youth would have shipped Rashford out on loan and took little responsibility for his development. We're playing him as much as we can at the highest level and take criticism for it. It's insulting to then see the same critics ignore the other top 6 managers who play their youth even less...obviously those players thrown out on loan just weren't good enough huh.

Andersons Dietician

I don’t think we should sell him at all, but he really looks like he has gone down hill since no longer being under LVG’s tutelage. You see that goal about City and the ones against Arsenal and it shows you everything he could be and should be doing, yet he seems to be struggiling. I think a loan somewhere where he’ll play week in week out as a striker would be good for him, somewhere like a Leiscter, Everton,Watford, Wolves or the likes. Needs to get back to what he was doing under LVG.

Trizy

Rashford has shown nothing in his 126 games for United that he will become World Class. United fan's who laughed at the unpopular opinion that he's actually not that good are now seeing it too. But now the media believe he'll become World Class? My god.

I'm not anti Rashford, he's doing well for a 20 year old footballer but he's just not start XI top 6 quality.

izzydiggler

spot on. if he's managed correctly he can become anything he wants. heard the same thing for years about Ronaldo when he was here his 1st 3 seasons. and before people start I don't expect him to get anywhere near that level.
You hear the argument a lot and there's certainly a lesson in not writing off players at such young ages but ultimately, you have to base any decisions on the evidence you see or you'd never let an acedemy graduate leave because "Zidane didn't become a star until he was 25/26, so McTominay still has a chance".

For what it's worth, I don't really rate Rashford as 'top prospect' - he has talent and if he works hard and remains dedicated, I think he'll have a very respectable career but I see him more at a Jamie Vardy level, which is still very good.

Nobody expects him to be Ronaldo but just putting the 2 in the same sentence (I'm not referring to your post but where Rashford is compared to other 'wonderkids') is totally unfair on Rashford - far too much expectation on the kid. Threads on here like Mbappe vs Rashford...I remember Michael Owen coming on the scene and he was incredible at 17, same with Rooney - Rashford is nowhere near as good, not even remotely close. And although Ronaldo could frustrate at a young age, I recall his debut being described in a national newspaper as "best since Best"...people often talk about Ronaldo showing nothing for 3 years but it was plain to see how good he was going to be.

None of this is Rashford's fault - I think most people see talent and the club are trying to improve him and will probably see more potential in training etc but at the minute, I think everyone should lower their expectations of him and just allow him to develop.

Aloysius's Back 3

Lukaku was rubbish under Jose - eventually made him play as a RW because yeh - that's just what Jose does :lol:

Couple years later at 2 different clubs - Lukaku plays in the position that gets the best out of him and Jose buys him again for 85 mil :lol:

We are supposed to believe in development ability of a 20 year old play under Jose :smirk: not going to happen unless he spent 40 odd million on him.

Next problem please :yawn:

Mainoldo

You hear the argument a lot and there's certainly a lesson in not writing off players at such young ages but ultimately, you have to base any decisions on the evidence you see or you'd never let an acedemy graduate leave because "Zidane didn't become a star until he was 25/26, so McTominay still has a chance".

For what it's worth, I don't really rate Rashford as 'top prospect' - he has talent and if he works hard and remains dedicated, I think he'll have a very respectable career but I see him more at a Jamie Vardy level, which is still very good.

Nobody expects him to be Ronaldo but just putting the 2 in the same sentence (I'm not referring to your post but where Rashford is compared to other 'wonderkids') is totally unfair on Rashford - far too much expectation on the kid. Threads on here like Mbappe vs Rashford...I remember Michael Owen coming on the scene and he was incredible at 17, same with Rooney - Rashford is nowhere near as good, not even remotely close. And although Ronaldo could frustrate at a young age, I recall his debut being described in a national newspaper as "best since Best"...people often talk about Ronaldo showing nothing for 3 years but it was plain to see how good he was going to be.

None of this is Rashford's fault - I think most people see talent and the club are trying to improve him and will probably see more potential in training etc but at the minute, I think everyone should lower their expectations of him and just allow him to develop.
He scored a hattrick on his debut. Might have been two goals infact. Then scored two goals against Arsenal on his premier league debut. Then went on to score on every other debut except for the Euro’s and World Cup. What is there not to appreciate about his start to professional football? Don’t mock him.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
It may be wrong but I really feel that players like Rashford, Martial, Pogba, Lukaku, Sanchez, Lingard are all being held back by our current manager and under a better manager we would be absolutely incredible. Just my opinion. If any of them left I bet they'd be sensational at another team (as many were before) and Rashford is no exception. It annoys me when people start to question his talent when it's obviously there but the manager isn't getting the best out of him just like he isn't getting the best out of every other attacking player.

Cassidy

He scored a hattrick on his debut. Might have been two goals infact. Then scored two goals against Arsenal on his premier league debut. Then went on to score on every other debut except for the Euro’s and World Cup. What is there not to appreciate about his start to professional football? Don’t mock him.
Incredible how this is forgotten

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner

What about the last few months of 2016/17 where he was practically carrying us, and the first few months of 2017/18 where he was class?

Castia

He's just turned 20 it's too early to write him off.

In all the games he's played for United only a handful have been as a striker, he's been used mainly on the left or right wing which isn't his position.

fellaini's barber

The kid has vast potential, scored winners against big teams, debut goals in various comps but seriously, what does a 20 year old got to do to get OUR own fans to support him? :lol: Does every 20 year old lad have to be a Mbappe??
There's supporting a player, then there's just having unrealistic expectations about a player just because he's 'one of our own'. He's okay as a squad player, but for me personally I'm tired of all this 'Rashford has to play' nonsense. We have people going after our managers all the time because of how they handle Rashford. Even when we bend over backwards to play him you still have people moaning about the position he's being played, now it looks like he's crap at left wing they now want him played as CF based on absolutely nothing else but the fact that he's one of our own and just has to play somewhere. We have much more bigger problems to worry about at this point than to worry constantly about how Rashford must fit in the team. He's a 20 year old getting lots of playing time in one of the worlds biggest clubs yet people feel he deserves more because he's 'one of our own' and not because he's necessarily a good player, its getting tedious

Cassidy

There's supporting a player, then there's just having unrealistic expectations about a player just because he's 'one of our own'. He's okay as a squad player, but for me personally I'm tired of all this 'Rashford has to play' nonsense. We have people going after our managers all the time because of how they handle Rashford. Even when we bend over backwards to play him you still have people moaning about the position he's being played, now it looks like he's crap at left wing they now want him played as CF based on absolutely nothing else but the fact that he's one of our own and just has to play somewhere. We have much more bigger problems to worry about at this point than to worry constantly about how Rashford must fit in the team. He's a 20 year old getting lots of playing time in one of the worlds biggest clubs yet people feel he deserves more because he's 'one of our own' and not because he's necessarily a good player, its getting tedious
Nothing to do with that being the position he came into the team in and has showed the most promise :rolleyes:

No one is saying he deserves more, the point is, if he wants to be a striker (which seems to be his position), then thats where he needs to play either here or elsewhere (loan)

Aloysius's Back 3

Nothing to do with that being the position he came into the team in and has showed the most promise :rolleyes:

No one is saying he deserves more, the point is, if he wants to be a striker (which seems to be his position), then thats where he needs to play either here or elsewhere (loan)
Just don't bother - it's just by chance apparently that his best performances have come when he played as a striker - when he broke through, when Lukaku was injured and used 352 on a one off vs Chelsea with Lingard not 4231 which couldn't get the best out of anyone and then of course the England matches where he is getting the type of football that suits him & he is finishing moves & goals off the same way he broke through in the first place.

His goal vs Switzerland is very similar to the goal he scored vs arsenal - that's due to the way the we and England played football not the hoof ball rubbish we play under Jose.

fellaini's barber

Can only play well in his 'prefered or natural' position. Its the Danny Welbeck conundrum all over again. What the feck do you guys see about Rashford to make being a striker 'his' position. Hold up play is non existent, passing is crap, terrible decision making in the final third, and most of all very low football intelligence. But yeah, lets play him as a striker because it's his prefered position and he played there in the academy . Can't believe people still find shit to moan about despite a young player getting minutes in the team.

Cassidy

Can only play well in his 'prefered or natural' position. Its the Danny Welbeck conundrum all over again. What the feck do you guys see about Rashford to make being a striker 'his' position. Hold up play is non existent, passing is crap, terrible decision making in the final third, and most of all very low football intelligence. But yeah, lets play him as a striker because it's his prefered position and he played there in the academy . Can't believe people still find shit to moan about despite a young player getting minutes in the team.
No its more or less the majority of footballers.
Also no one said he doesn't play well out wide, because he has and has done so, just not consistently. He doesn't play like a wide player though, he plays like a forward playing out wide.

Lets take Lukaku and put him on the wing, and take Pogba and play him as a striker and take Matic and play him LB, lets see how far we get.

If you want to develop a player in a position, then they need to play there!

As has been said before the whole reason he is in the first team is because of his performances in the striker position.

Also there wasn't any moaning, if you read my post which you quoted it says, IF he wants to be a striker, then he needs to play there to develop his game either here or on loan.

Last edited:

devil in me

The narrative seems set on this one and its not conspiracy but just lazy journalism for when they have to come up with something notable to say.

Nearly all other teams including those under the management of those proclaimed as great for youth would have shipped Rashford out on loan and took little responsibility for his development. We're playing him as much as we can at the highest level and take criticism for it. It's insulting to then see the same critics ignore the other top 6 managers who play their youth even less...obviously those players thrown out on loan just weren't good enough huh.
Bang on. Rashford was one of our most used players last season, would probably have got way less minutes at every other team in the top 4 and then you get morons like Jamie Redknapp suggesting he needs to leave.

Aloysius's Back 3

Sounds like our current target man who is just on the verges of reaching his prime tbh.

fellaini's barber

No its more or less the majority of footballers.
Also no one said he doesn't play well out wide, because he has and has done so, just not consistently. He doesn't play like a wide player though, he plays like a forward playing out wide.

Lets take Lukaku and put him on the wing, and take Pogba and play him as a striker and take Matic and play him LB, lets see how far we get.

If you want to develop a player in a position, then they need to play there!

As has been said before the whole reason he is in the first team is because of his performances in the striker position.

Also there wasn't any moaning, if you read my post which you quoted it says, IF he wants to be a striker, then he needs to play there to develop his game either here or on loan.
No it isn't. He had a good run of games starting from his debut where he was shooting from outside the box, dribbling past players and scoring, cutting in from the left and scoring, not specifically because he was played in a striker position. What do you mean by IF he wants to play as a striker? Does it matter what he wants if he's not shown to be good enough for it. So what do you want us to do, bench Lukaku or what? You think if he's 'played as a striker' he'll stop trying to hit the ball forward and running into blind alleys or start being able to pass the ball properly to his teammates? What fecking team in the PL right now do you think Rashford can go bench their current striker? Anyways, I feel like I'm having the Danny Welbeck arguments all over again. It will go on till we eventually loan/sell him, then the massive outrage(sold our soul etc) then he goes on to continue being average at a lesser club yet we'll still have people pining for him whenever he has a half decent game.

Cassidy

No it isn't. He had a good run of games starting from his debut where he was shooting from outside the box, dribbling past players and scoring, cutting in from the left and scoring, not specifically because he was played in a striker position. What do you mean by IF he wants to play as a striker? Does it matter what he wants if he's not shown to be good enough for it. So what do you want us to do, bench Lukaku or what? You think if he's 'played as a striker' he'll stop trying to hit the ball forward and running into blind alleys or start being able to pass the ball properly to his teammates? What fecking team in the PL right now do you think Rashford can go bench their current striker? Anyways, I feel like I'm having the Danny Welbeck arguments all over again. It will go on till we eventually loan/sell him, then the massive outrage(sold our soul etc) then he goes on to continue being average at a lesser club yet we'll still have people pining for him whenever he has a half decent game.
Except you are talking rubbish

No he shouldn't bench Lukaku, read the thread. He needs games as a striker to become a top one is the point.

Option 1. We play a front 2
Option 2. He rotates with Lukaku, last 20 mins and cup games
Option 3. He goes on loan (tbh we don't really have the squad options to loan him out)

What team could he play for in the PL as a striker, are you seriously asking that question?

You do realise there is a team in this league with a striker who hasn't scored in a year right?

I think he could play for anyone out of the top 6-8 teams and could get minutes at some of those in the 6-8 position.

For instance Dominic Calvet Lewin gets minutes as a striker at Everton (I think hes a decent young player btw)
Newcastle struggle for a striker so do Palace.
Rashford wouldn't have trouble finding a team in the PL IMO

Last edited:

Cassidy

Lukaku isn't world class, but he's a much better option to have upfront than Rashers
Do not disagree with that. Lukaku is a lot more experienced than Rashford. I don't think anyone is suggesting Lukaku should be benched for Rashford.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
He's just turned 20 it's too early to write him off.

In all the games he's played for United only a handful have been as a striker, he's been used mainly on the left or right wing which isn't his position.
About to turn 21 actually and his position is technically a Winger but LvG told the youth development to switch him to a CF. Personally I think he's a better CF than winger and as previously discussed he'll struggle to get gametime in that position. Frustrating.

fellaini's barber

Except you are talking rubbish

No he shouldn't bench Lukaku, read the thread. He needs games as a striker to become a top one is the point.

Option 1. We play a front 2
Option 2. He rotates with Lukaku, last 20 mins and cup games
Option 3. He goes on loan (tbh we don't really have the squad options to loan him out)

What team could he play for in the PL as a striker, are you seriously asking that question?

You do realise there is a team in this league with a striker who hasn't scored in a year right?

I think he could play for anyone out of the top 6-8 teams and could get minutes at some of those in the 6-8 position.

For instance Dominic Calvet Lewin gets minutes as a striker at Everton (I think hes a decent young player btw)
Newcastle struggle for a striker so do Palace.
Rashford wouldn't have trouble finding a team in the PL IMO
Okay so you feel he only finished off those crosses because he was played as a striker? We'll just have to agree to disagree. You obviously rate him, I don't. We've given him a lot of game time for someone his age and quality, more than I doubt he would have gotten in any other top club. I have no problems with him being here as long as he wants as a squad player. But listening to pundits and some of our fans going on about how he's being mistreated and needs to leave bla bla does my head in. You'd think they're talking about Mbappe or that we're not playing him at all.

Cassidy

Okay so you feel he only finished off those crosses because he was played as a striker? We'll just have to agree to disagree. You obviously rate him, I don't. We've given him a lot of game time for someone his age and quality, more than I doubt he would have gotten in any other top club. I have no problems with him being here as long as he wants as a squad player. But listening to pundits and some of our fans going on about how he's being mistreated and needs to leave bla bla does my head in. You'd think they're talking about Mbappe or that we're not playing him at all.
Don't assume if I rate him or not. He didn't just finish off crosses, all the goals he scored were due to movement, and being in and around the central area of the pitch, its one of the things LVG drilled into his head, being on the shoulder of the last defender, running in behind the defence and always being in and around the 6 yard box to score goals. This is where I think he is best and should be developed. Do I think he can become a top level striker, no idea because quite frankly after a good start, he hasn't played the position enough for the first team to be able to tell. He needs to develop his game with his back to goal and hold up play, but generally he was progressing well for his age.

Things I think he is not good at, are the reasons I dislike him on the wing, he runs down blind allies, and he isn't very creative with his passing, and doesn't really put in quality delivery when playing there either. He can be effective there, but I don't see him developing into a top level wide player, but again you never know. He is still productive in the position.

Also it is true he has had a lot of game time.

The last bolded part is where I think people get sensitive. Nothing actually wrong with the following:

1. Its very difficult for young strikers in this age to make it at the big clubs in the striker position, especially in the age of 1 striker systems
2. Lukaku had to leave Chelsea to develop as a striker
3. Rashford may have to move away to get regular football in that position, if he wants to develop to become top class in the position

An example is Sturrige who Chelsea refused to play as a striker and used out wide in the latter Drogba years, who left and went to Liverpool.

As a player though maybe he is happy playing wide, if so then there is no issue, its up to him to develop his game there and improve as he is getting enough chances.

Ether

Feels like Rashford was born in the wrong era, he would've been great in the 90s or under Sir Alex in a 442. He doesn't have the physical attributes to play the lone striker role under Jose like Lukaku and Diego Costa, or the touch and technique to compensate for those shortcomings like RVP. What he does have is movement and pace to trouble anyone along with a rocket right foot that can score from anywhere.

Not sure he'd start for any of our rivals right now though. He doesn't have the work-rate or link-up of Firmino, the sheer ruthlessness of Aguero or the all round game of Kane. I could see him up front in a pre Auba/Lacazette Arsenal team under Wenger, starting up front and drifting to the LW ala Henry. That sort of role would play to his strengths, but we just don't play that way under Mourinho. In all honesty if Lukaku was unavailable for an extended period I'd rather play Alexis up there as he did very well as a CF in 16/17.

Aloysius's Back 3

I always say - if our fans don't really believe in the likes of Martial & Rashford - then sell them to a rival in our league.

If you are so sure they are not going to make it under a different manager when the current manager is absolutely horrendous with youth that are not 7ft 8 and 300kg - then sell them to Everton or even Spurs.

Why should you be worried if you are so easy in allowing them to be chucked out.

I understand that is not how business works but it goes behind the point - if you are scared that Rashford or Martial is going to succeed under a manager like ppchetinn0 for example - then that says more about the manager than the player.

I hate Jose, he had the role to look after two players martial & Rashford and they are both stagnant at club level whilst fans of Jose moaninh0 has convinced it is either lack of ability, lack of work rate - when it is simply not fitting in with Jose's gut wrenching uncharacteristically boring football.

hn4manunited

I always say - if our fans don't really believe in the likes of Martial & Rashford - then sell them to a rival in our league.

If you are so sure they are not going to make it under a different manager when the current manager is absolutely horrendous with youth that are not 7ft 8 and 300kg - then sell them to Everton or even Spurs.

Why should you be worried if you are so easy in allowing them to be chucked out.

I understand that is not how business works but it goes behind the point - if you are scared that Rashford or Martial is going to succeed under a manager like ppchetinn0 for example - then that says more about the manager than the player.

I hate Jose, he had the role to look after two players martial & Rashford and they are both stagnant at club level whilst fans of Jose moaninh0 has convinced it is either lack of ability, lack of work rate - when it is simply not fitting in with Jose's gut wrenching uncharacteristically boring football.
I think we all know you do...You should just forgo the other content in your post and just post those 3 words every time you think about posting. It will save you time.

King Kana

Supports
Chelsea
Excluding this season, he has played 123 games for united and that's including the fact he only played the last 3rd of his first season. Average, 41 games a year. He has had a lot of chances so does he need to leave based on stats, no. In terms of development, under Gaal he hit the ground running. His second season was a lot of inconsistency, something you would expect. His third season the inconsistency continued something you don't expect and in his 4th season he is banned for next 3 games. Now every player develops at a different rate, how many people had heard of Kane when he was 20 and on loan to championship Leciester? Not many and that includes me! Ronaldo also was super inconsistent up until 21. I'm not saying he will be a star like both of them but I'm saying in terms of time he has plenty on his hands. In terms of coaching development though, i dont really see progress. Jose and his staff have no managed to get the best out of his nor have we seem much development in his decision making. This worries me the most because this is the age he should be experimenting with his game and making new mistakes. RAshford seems to be making the same mistakes and comes across as a one trick pony. It has led people to say he is average which he clearly is not. He has been mismanaged OR has a attitude problem and is not taking new advice on board. Who knows?

Weighing this up, as a fan I hope he don't leave and we see him blossom into his potential. If i was rashford I would look to leave and find a coach who could get the best out of me. It's really swings and roundabouts.
So you say Ronaldo was super inconsistent till 21 and urge patience then say you don’t see what the coaching staff are doing with Rash now. So which is it? Were the coaching staff also mismanaging Ronaldo & Kane at samenz age as well?

Not trying to be pedantic, just want to understand where you are coming from or what you are trying to say.

flappyjay

The point I am making is that Lukaku also has those abilities, in fact Lukaku isn't really a good target man. Anyway lets not digress. My personal opinion is we should be playing Lukaku Rashford/Martial front 2
This. Rom was very effective last season when paired with Martial whenever we played a 3 at the back system last year