Rashford's post-match Interview

pascell

Tired of seeing/hearing our players apologising for abysmal performances, it's happening far too often with little sign of them learning from their mistakes.

bsCallout

Acknowledged he's been playing through injury since September, put up good numbers despite this and has played more than ever. His quality has dropped a lot, probably due to all the factors but even without those, players have dips in their career. He is also only 23.

And all our owns fans want to do is get on his back, as if he isn't just a disappointed(including with himself). Shame we can't give you fans the name you deserve on here.

justsomebloke

What baffles me is that a player can have a game like that where he couldn't give two fecks about trying to win yet act all passionate in interviews post-match. He talks a good game does our Marcus, but being disintered all game when your boyhood club plays a final? Hard to forgive, that.
This forum would be a better place if posters would refrain from treating idiotic leaps of imagination as if they were facts. You have no fecking clue what went on in Marcus Rashford's head during the game, or how passionate he was about winning. You can knock his performance, but there are many possible reasons for a bad performance. Same goes for chronic complaints about cowardice, lack of ambition and so on. It's just stupid.

hubbuh

He's a great person and can be a really good player on his day, but he's been pushed too hard and overplayed out of necessity. He's been burdened with too much responsibility and pressure with little to no competition over the past 5 years and it's hampered his development. Think the club has failed him in some respects.

stw2022

If we buy the ‘he’s constantly injured’ narrative then why are we not talking about how problematic it is that a young player of 23 is seemingly constantly injured?

simplyared

What baffles me is that a player can have a game like that where he couldn't give two fecks about trying to win yet act all passionate in interviews post-match. He talks a good game does our Marcus, but being disintered all game when your boyhood club plays a final? Hard to forgive, that.
Good point you're making here. I'm a big fan of Rashford but I agree his body language gives the impression he couldn't give a feck. Then post match pouring his heart out. :houllier:

stw2022

Good point you're making here. I'm a big fan of Rashford but I agree his body language gives the impression he couldn't give a feck. Then post match pouring his heart out. :houllier:
As I said, you can almost see the tears walk down his face, in tribute to the countless matches this season he’s walked around the pitch.

izec

If we buy the ‘he’s constantly injured’ narrative then why are we not talking about how problematic it is that a young player of 23 is seemingly constantly injured?
He is not constantly injured. But that back problem he carries around IMO. It is a complicated injury. He isnt 100% fit. I said it for months now. Ole doesnt do him any favours by picking him all the time.

His decision making is and was never great, but the lack of speed and aggression is noticeable. He plays non contact football currently

Mike Phelan's Former Tash

Team was changed from Pogba on the left to accommodate Rashford last night and we ended up carrying him, he was so poor.

He didn't earn his way in because he's been poor for months, If he's injured then he shouldn't be playing, it hurts the team. Wether he insists to play or Ole does I don't know but either way one of them should have enough sense.

Grealish is better and should be a priority signing.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Injuries don't make you make the wrong decision practically every time you are on the ball.
No offence mate, but even those who play football at the lowest levels know that a combination of fatigue and injury soreness can impact the way that you play your natural game. You aren't winning 50/50's if you have an injured back and shoulder, you're not sprinting as much if you've got your foot injured and this just adds up during a game. Rashford's natural game is very physical-based, it requires pace, movement and intensity and he can't use those aspects if he's hindered by injury and fatigue.

Last edited:

stu_1992

Good to see a the fight in him and he does genuinely seem to believe that. Let's hope he's right. If we can get him back to his best, it will go a long way to helping us. It's been said for a while that he's carrying injuries and those certainly seem to be taken his a toll on his form recently, he really was very poor last night there's no hiding that. But that's not the real Rashford. I wish there was no Euros this summer so that we may actually get him a proper break, but unfortunately there is.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
He needed to be rotated better since his injury
Think that back injury did for him. He has not been anywhere the same since he picked that up. He should have been treated as soon as it started, instead of leaving it until it was as bad as it got. Think he has lost some of his pace and confidence to push himself to the limit.

stw2022

He is not constantly injured. But that back problem he carries around IMO. It is a complicated injury. He isnt 100% fit. I said it for months now. Ole doesnt do him any favours by picking him all the time.

His decision making is and was never great, but the lack of speed and aggression is noticeable. He plays non contact football currently
The only evidence of his injury is the assumption his performances are so bad he must be.

I think if you have him born 200 miles away and be a product of Ipswich Town’s youth set up who we signed aged 19 I don’t think there’d be as many people as convinced this is the reason behind his performance levels.

If true then why isn’t every single person who believes the manager is constantly playing an injured player outraged at that?

Marwood

I'd like him to explain wbat his injuries are and what the plan is to overcome them. Rather than hinting at them.

ZupZup

Love Rashford and love that interview... you can see he's hurting but the boy has some fight in him. Time to use this loss as extra motivation to push on now.

Crustanoid

Pull him out of international duty, please Ole, and give him a rest.

In fact do the same with all our players

MyOnlySolskjaer

I'd like him to explain wbat his injuries are and what the plan is to overcome them. Rather than hinting at them.
So these are his injuries, as reported by the Chief Football writer of the Times.

Rashford mentioned that he'll have surgery after the Euros. Meaning he'll miss the early part of next season.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
As Scholes said after this interview, they need to back up their words with performances.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
So these are his injuries, as reported by the Chief Football writer of the Times.

Rashford mentioned that he'll have surgery after the Euros. Meaning he'll miss the early part of next season.

Then don't play. Part of contributing to the team is knowing when you're being a liability, and often the players know their body most. It's admirable he wants to play through the pain but evidently he's a hindrance to the team when he's like this.

Hal9000

Players have a bad runs of form, players have a bad games. He's not been top form for a few months, and he certainly didn't play well last night. Unfourtunatly he's also playing with injuries, and he also looks very tired. Have to remember we've played the 2nd most amount of games in Europe (behind City) without the depth.

To suggest he doesn't care is idiotic.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Then don't play. Part of contributing to the team is knowing when you're being a liability, and often the players know their body most. It's admirable he wants to play through the pain but evidently he's a hindrance to the team when he's like this.
That's on the manager really. He'll give his all even if his all is terrible at the moment.

PoTMS

Then why is he getting picked to start near enough every single game this season? We had the option of playing McFred and Pogba on the left yesterday, as we have been doing for the last few weeks. I just don't understand Ole sometimes.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
The only evidence of his injury is the assumption his performances are so bad he must be.

I think if you have him born 200 miles away and be a product of Ipswich Town’s youth set up who we signed aged 19 I don’t think there’d be as many people as convinced this is the reason behind his performance levels.

If true then why isn’t every single person who believes the manager is constantly playing an injured player outraged at that?
They want to have it both ways. Ole is not wrong for playing an injured player cause obviously all other options are terrible. And injured player is not responsible for how he plays cause clearly he's injured. This way we can blame spending and the squad and fa scheduling etc. The two darlings of course are just doing the best anyone could possibly do in these circumstances.

Highfather_24

Rashford reminds me off Rooney and how his form fell off after that injury at Bayern in 09/10. He had couple of productive seasons after that but was a shadow of the previous player he was. I'm seeing something similar with Rashford. Maybe he peaked too soon.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
People having a go at this guy amazes me.

He's clearly been playing through injury and he's doing his best. I think people need to give the guy a break quite honestly, and the club also need to give him a break. If he goes off with England I think the club should give him the start of the season off. If we sign Sancho we have plenty enough players to get through the first few weeks of the season

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
That's on the manager really. He'll give his all even if his all is terrible at the moment.
It's on both. I agree Ole should be overruling his will to play but it's also tough to evaluate if the player keeps claiming he's fine and then puts in really bad performances. Quite sure Rooney did this too, over played a lot and it affected his value in some games.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
It’s about the 5th time this season winter has posted about his injuries after another disastrous game. The elephant in the room is he should never have played in the first place but sentiment like the above or “the treatment on here of Marcus Rashford” or the fact Ole himself is seemingly scared to drop him no matter how horrible he plays or disinterested he looks. James would have provided far more threat, passion and work rate and that goes for many other matches this season too. Sancho is going to take his place so easily. Fit or not Rashford will be the hill Ole eventually dies on if he remains as reliant on him as the main guy to lead us to important titles and I don’t think any new manager will be nearly as sentimental.

Born2Lose

Funny how both journo's have the same "possible surgery" angle, it's almost as if they've been briefed . As with all fashionable England players they'll bend over backwards to keep on side to one day get that exclusive interview.

Henry Winter never criticizes English players, he'll never bite the hand that feeds him,

BarstoolProphet

This forum would be a better place if posters would refrain from treating idiotic leaps of imagination as if they were facts. You have no fecking clue what went on in Marcus Rashford's head during the game, or how passionate he was about winning. You can knock his performance, but there are many possible reasons for a bad performance. Same goes for chronic complaints about cowardice, lack of ambition and so on. It's just stupid.
Nice of you to tell what will improve this forum when you are saying stuff like "you have no fecking clue" and "idiotic leaps of imagination", like your post was doing its best to create a better discussion climate on here. Of course there could be many reasons for a bad performance, and some may be out of Marcus' control, but this wasn't just based on a one-off performance, was it? I never said he lacks ambition nor that he is a coward. All I'm saying that he has had tons of performances this past year where he just strolls around and is a complete passenger - this doesn't fit in with Marcus' character in general. And he topped it off with a devastatingly bad performance in a final where it looked like (not saying it was on purpose) like he couldn't be arsed. Again might be down to injury, pressure or fatigue, but still.

Of course neither of us knows what's going in his head and body, but what's the point of a discussion forum if we can't discuss what's in front of us? It's like hammering down every poster who criticize anything with the club (manager/board/players etc.) with the argument "you have no fecking clue what's going on inside the club".

BarstoolProphet

Wait, people actually blaming Rashford for going on social media, getting racially abused and saying well it's your own fault for going on it.

feck me. A low point for this place.
I just wish all of the players would delete their social media accounts in protest. What's the point of it anyway?

Manny

Grammar Police
Funny how both journo's have the same "possible surgery" angle, it's almost as if they've been briefed . As with all fashionable England players they'll bend over backwards to keep on side to one day get that exclusive interview.

Henry Winter never criticizes English players, he'll never bite the hand that feeds him,
Henry Winter has not just been briefed. He's been saying it for months.

In fact, its fairly well known Rashford's shoulder is fecked and he's had to play through it because Martial is a liability, Greenwood was out of form until a few months ago and Cavani has been injured.

BarstoolProphet

I was willing to give him the benefit of doubt until I saw 34 year old Cavani closing down like a mad man on the edge of our own box, whilst 23 year old Rashford jogged disinterestedly next to him. That's no injury. If he can sprint after a ball he can sprint after a player. Whatever is wrong with him he needs to sort it out this summer.

Yeah, that was the final straw for me yesterday. Ole maybe deserves blame for putting him in that situation, but there's no excuse for what he did there. Hopefully he do sort it out, because he is the face of our club.

BarstoolProphet

You think Rashford would have achieved his school meal campaign without it?
That might be true but speaking more in general. It feels so wrong seeing all this bots, wums, shit fans etc. post tons of racial slurs, abuse etc. without repercussion.