View full 2023-24 profile

5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Okay? What's facing Newport got to do with anything? He's scored and played better against bigger teams. He's not a winger so he's not going to be blistering up and down the wings all game like Rashford or Garnacho is he, but when we've been on the counter we've seen him in full flight, again, fastest in the team currently, I may be wrong but I think his topspeed at Atalanta was even higher than Rashford's last season. To say he is or looks slow is being willfully blind.
Newport are a league 2 side 70 + positions below United, so when you talk about his input in that game you have to take it with a bucket of salt.

I didn't say Hojlund looks slow by the way, I dont know who did. I'm saying he has not got into positions to maximize that asset, by team design or by his own choice of positioning.

Irwin99

His stats on the Caf need updating. He has 8 goals and 1 assist.
Can't remember his assist but yeah it does. I think a good target for him this season would be 12-15 goals. New league, very young player, wouldn't be a bad start.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Can't remember his assist but yeah it does. I think a good target for him this season would be 12-15 goals. New league, very young player, wouldn't be a bad start.
Think it might have been for Rashford vs Spurs

VictoriaRed

He will get 12-15 this year, provided he is provided. Hard to do your job when you are not getting the service.

lex talionis

No one can deny Hojlund has been starved for service, but one aspect of his game that needs significant improvement is his dribbling. It’s virtually nonexistent.

criticalanalysis

No one can deny Hojlund has been starved for service, but one aspect of his game that needs significant improvement is his dribbling. It’s virtually nonexistent.
It's been repeated ad nauseum already but he barely gets the ball or in the positions to run at anyone/open space :lol:

He's been economical with his touches because if he doesn't play the percentage balls, we're never going to build from anything as we certainly don't play through midfield and recycle possession progressively. He will very often lay the ball off back to our wide players or Bruno in better positions (i.e facing the goal) and then make a run or occupy another area but will see it back maybe 2 times out 10.

The few times he has run with the ball, I think he's done well in open space with his control and ball manipulation. Don't get me wrong, he's also had some clumsy touches. He's far from perfect and can have inconsistent moments but he's does show technical ability and a mature game on his shoulders.

lex talionis

It's been repeated ad nauseum already but he barely gets the ball or in the positions to run at anyone/open space :lol:

He's been economical with his touches because if he doesn't play the percentage balls, we're never going to build from anything as we certainly don't play through midfield and recycle possession progressively. He will very often lay the ball off back to our wide players or Bruno in better positions (i.e facing the goal) and then make a run or occupy another area but will see it back maybe 2 times out 10.

The few times he has run with the ball, I think he's done well in open space with his control and ball manipulation. Don't get me wrong, he's also had some clumsy touches. He's far from perfect and can have inconsistent moments but he's does show technical ability and a mature game on his shoulders.
Don’t get me wrong, as I do see a lot of potential in the boy. But one aspect of his game that’s virtually nonexistent is the ability to beat a defender in a 1v1 situation. A CF has to have that in his locker to have any hope of a long career.

criticalanalysis

Don’t get me wrong, as I do see a lot of potential in the boy. But one aspect of his game that’s virtually nonexistent is the ability to beat a defender in a 1v1 situation. A CF has to have that in his locker to have any hope of a long career.
Too small of a sample size for me to judge and to make such a definitive statement like you have there imo.

His touch can be inconsistent so he doesn't get shots off away or set himself up in the best situations as much as he can but I've not seen many examples where he's actually had the chance to go 1 vs 1. It's mostly in super crowded areas in the box where it's somehow come to him from a deflected cross/pinball action because our wide players don't really look for him.

He probably gets about one opportunity a game to front a player in space compared to all our other wide players, who get about 10-20 each.

lex talionis

Too small of a sample size for me to judge and to make such a definitive statement like you have there imo.

His touch can be inconsistent so he doesn't get shots off away or set himself up in the best situations as much as he can but I've not seen many examples where he's actually had the chance to go 1 vs 1. It's mostly in super crowded areas in the box where it's somehow come to him from a deflected cross/pinball action because our wide players don't really look for him.

He probably gets about one opportunity a game to front a player in space compared to all our other wide players, who get about 10-20 each.
Fair observation. I’m only saying that we haven’t seen from Rasmus what we hope he’s capable of, not that he’s not capable of it.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Inzaghi could barely dribble.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
None of his last 3 goals and 5 of the 8 total he scored came from a pass by a Utd player.

He averages the least shots per game of all our forwards.

You can argue all day long about his movements, his techniques etc… But it’s pretty bloody obvious that he’s not getting the service, and we literally saw him beg for it. We need a seasoned, reliable striker to share his load but if the problem of service is not sorted then we would never get to 75-80 league goals minimum a season for a realistic title challenge, no matter who starts up front.
Yep, feeding off scraps. It’s weird, we have 2 fairly “greedy” wingers, so a striker like Firmino would have suited playing with them more, IMO. Although Antony was figured to be one of the starting wingers I guess. Pity he’s turning out like he is.

laughtersassassin

Man of the match for me.

Brilliant hold up and general play.

Scored 2 of 3 chances albeit one was offside because Garnachos ball was a bit late.

Grabbed a good assist as well and should have had another with beti finishing from his teammates.

Very very good performance and he has been doing really well lately and grabbing goals and assists now b

MetoTTT

Excellent! Hope he'll keep it up and get better and better. Played very well even back to goal and protect it.

Telsim

Clearly a player with lots of potential. Unfortunately, some of the squad isn't up to par at present.

L1nk

Are his runs still shit, his first touch and hold up play still shit? See, he can do it which is no surprise to some.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
He’s got a lot of good qualities but he reads the game so badly. So often team mates don’t know how to find him, coming short or going in behind. I’m sure part of it’s because he runs non stop and he’s a step behind when the game slows down, but it really chokes our attack.

Mike Smalling

Yeah, best performance for us so far. With a bit more luck he comes away with an extra assist or goal.

Very encouraging, and his confidence is building.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Steadily building his numbers at his own pace.

Story of almost every young striker trying to improve.

Oranges038

Very good game, his all round play was good. Seen Dawson roughing up Haaland earlier in the season, no surprise to see him at it here too.

He can score when he gets passes.

Rustyspider13

His best game. Complete CF performance with his overall play and the goal. Could've had a hattrick if not for fine margins.

Unam333

He's getting better, looks more involved and he can score goals. The wingers need to look for him. Happy for him.

The Hilton

Excellent today, scored a striker's goal, unlucky to lose another due to offside, very unlucky with Sa's toenail save, got an assist and generally caused all sorts of problems.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Are his runs still shit, his first touch and hold up play still shit? See, he can do it which is no surprise to some.
I never understood the "his runs are shit" critics. We never pass him the fecking ball but I watch him lose his marker in the box 3/4 times a match. We did much better playing around him today and you saw the effects as he was more involved

lsd

The Oracle
Very complete all around performance and yet there areas for clear improvement.

That's a good thing though. He is going to get better and better. Ten Hag has made some absolutely terrible signings but in Hojlund we have a player that will be our number one striker for years to come

Ludens the Red

His form since the Sean Milis stuff took off can’t be ignored. Probably needs some work on his stamina though. Feel he burns out quite quickly.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
What a performance. He starts to look like a class striker.