View full 2023-24 profile

5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Red Rash

No pressure.
Yea we desperately need a striker up top rather than Rashford who is way better coming off the left.

I hope Hojlund will be good for us but I really think we should try and bring in an experienced striker in his late 20s or early 30s to give us one more option and take some pressure away from Rasmus.

flameinthesun

:lol: was thinking this, if our attack in the next game or two is similar without him, were basically relying on him to be as clinical as haaland
I wouldn't actually be too focused on if he starts scoring straight away. Even without goals if you replace Rashford with him instantly the team has a tall, powerful, athletic striker up top who can press and (hopefully) occupy opposition centre backs. As it stands with rashford the opposition defender only has to worry about him running behind as his hold up play, link up play, heading, battling defenders is pretty poor in comparison to other strikers. So in that sense even without scoring Rasmus will be a huge upgrade. Hopefully he also finishes chances but either way I think he will quickly become important to the team.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Rashford is no #9 in my book - maybe against teams who don't sit back where he can use his pace a little more. He looked toothless yesterday.

Desperate to see this guy in our line up - will get some nice balance to the attack.

Was it the Arsenal game that is the hopeful return for him?

Pirlo'sBeard

A lot of pressure on this guy.

Rashford is terrible as a striker and Martial is made of Weetabix.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Him coming in would have double benefit of giving us a proper presence upfront and also a proper left wing threat. We desperately need more than one danger in the front line.

Darlington Padgett

I found this video of all of his shots last season. His ability to shoot from almost every angle is impressive and he does that with decent accuracy too. I'm excited to see how he evolves but he looks like a great prospect.

laughtersassassin

With Rashford incapable of playing striker we need Rasmus fit and to hit the ground running asap.

Think Wolves was a good example of why a striker should have been our first signing so he would have had time to bed in over pre season.

Devil You Know

I found this video of all of his shots last season. His ability to shoot from almost every angle is impressive and he does that with decent accuracy too. I'm excited to see how he evolves but he looks like a great prospect.

His one-v-one shooting seems a bit ropey. Hopefully training under McCarthy and alongside Rashford will help him develop that.

Loving his near post and far post runs, though. Very reminiscent of Cavani.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
If his movement, build up play and work rate end up anything like Cavani, we'll have a hell of a player.

Watching Cavani during that first season, it was hard not to think what might have been if we'd have signed him during his Palermo/Napoli days. If Hojlund turns out to be that signing, I'll be made up.

MichaelRed

His one-v-one shooting seems a bit ropey. Hopefully training under McCarthy and alongside Rashford will help him develop that.

Is Rashford really a great example of a 1v1 finisher? I think that's one of his weaknesses tbh.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Is Rashford really a great example of a 1v1 finisher? I think that's one of his weaknesses tbh.
So he can see what not to do, yeah?
Rashford does have the occasional golden patch to be fair, but yeah most of the time he's relying on quantity of goal-scoring opportunities rather than actually being a good finisher.

Hester_manc

One of his younger brothers, Oscar Højlund, played his first full 90 minutes today and was one of the best players on the pitch and got an assist. He is a central midfielder.

L1nk

This guy can't come in quick enough, no focal point in attack is not helping us and shunting Rashford to 9 isn't helping us either when he clearly isn't a forward like that.

criticalanalysis

No pressure boy.

I am looking forward to having a natural centre forward though. Only positive for now.

C'est Moi Cantona

Get Rasmus in the team, the new midfielder ETH is so clearly pining for in, Rashford back out on the wing, and we'll be a different team, just a shame we have to lose ground first to get there.

Superunknown

We're literally placing our whole season in the hope and hands of an unproven 20-year-old striker who has never played a game for the club.

How the feck did we get here? What's happened to this club?

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
I knew this would happen, we're shit the first few games and relying on him to step up and save the day.

It won't happen.

Abraxas

The fact is we invested big money for a reason. We paid a lot and the demands are a lot.

We can't continue with Rashford up front week in week out. It's okay occasionally but if we have to do it for sustained periods it's a problem. He can't handle the ball in that position. He needs the game ahead of him to be effective. Soon as he goes into contact back to goal, no chance.

croadyman

Get Rasmus in the team, the new midfielder ETH is so clearly pining for in, Rashford back out on the wing, and we'll be a different team, just a shame we have to lose ground first to get there.
Yeah it's a shambles that only early season defeats seem to lead to those leeches suddenly releasing money again but there you go