2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

FerociousCorgis

Needs time. Still almost had his goal in the first half though. Not getting much service in there. Shit still needs to get used to his body frame I swear it seems

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He isn’t ready yet. We never should have put him in the position to be the main striker when he’s still a kid

lsd

The Oracle
Thats just nonsense. Sure they would get less than in a City team but they would still score loads. Plus they would terrorize the defense a lot more than average players

Please explain how you would score loads of goals without getting the ball or any decent opportunities

Lee565

he doesn't scream threat like the world best, instead of splitting money for him and mount, we should have gone all in a prime world class striker

zaafi

he doesn't scream threat like the world best, instead of splitting money for him and mount, we should have gone all in a prime world class striker
What other world class striker than Kane is there? If you're thinking about Osimhen, he isn't world class and is exactly the same as Højlund in that he relies on chance creation to score.

Adamsk7

Feel sorry for him. Has great potential and works hard. We won’t actually know if he’s good enough because he will be living off scraps

Ludens the Red

What is definition of chance these days anyway? Only one on one with gk?
Also, good striker will create a chance for himself or find himself in a chance (Inzaghi built a career with that ability).
I dunno, how about one decent cut back or cross. Unlikely to have a one on one running through to the keeper when palace have a defensive line in basically on the goal line. I dunno I just cannot criticise the guy with such rotten players around him.

Bestofthebest

Not really fair to throw Hojlund into the mixer with this shower. On the other hand I don’t really see him making a great striker in any team.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
His touch is worrying me, I can't lie.

lex talionis

This is the transition season for Hojlund. We should not expect him to fly off the blocks any time soon.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
I actually think he controls and holds up the ball well to be honest. As has thankfully been said above, have a bit of patience with him ffs.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I dunno, how about one decent cut back or cross. Unlikely to have a one on one running through to the keeper when palace have a defensive line in basically on the goal line. I dunno I just cannot criticise the guy with such rotten players around him.
But he did have two chances. I am maybe wrong but from Man Utd level striker i expect scoring half chances.

My point since summer is; striker like Hojlund you buy as backup striker for smaller fee. Paying top top money for first choice striker who has only (some kind) potential was one of stupidest decisions which we did for years.

And now we are paying huge price for it.

Quinze

Chances are something you create for yourself. Tap-ins are born from good movement and anticipation.

Even Weghorst was getting loads of chances because he understands the game well and was easy to play with. Too bad his finishing let him down.

We can only hope that his lack of understanding with the team is down to a lack of preseason and minutes, because if he still needs time to learn how to lead a line for a top club, he should do so in the U21 or on loan like Dalot, Diallo and Pellistri did.

mu4c_20le

I actually think he controls and holds up the ball well to be honest. As has thankfully been said above, have a bit of patience with him ffs.
I thought I was harsh for thinking he looked a bit like Wout today, and then posts like this confirm it. Early days yes, can't wait to see how he performs in a well oiled machine.

Rafael122

Chances are something you create for yourself. Tap-ins are born from good movement and anticipation.

Even Weghorst was getting loads of chances because he understands the game well and was easy to play with. Too bad his finishing let him down.

We can only hope that his lack of understanding with the team is down to a lack of preseason and minutes, because if he still needs time to learn how to lead a line for a top club, he should do so in the U21 or on loan like Dalot, Diallo and Pellistri did.
We created nothing for Weghorst. Even Haaland would struggle here.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Weghorst got chances because we were playing much better as a team. And there were countless chances he didn’t get because he was too fecking slow.

Valencia Shin Crosses

I have no idea what he’s waffling about. Hojlund had one real “chance” which was the header he won that went straight at the keeper. That’s it. I guess you can count when he lobbed the keeper which was good but cleared off the line.

Expecting him to bag every half chance (when that’s basically all he’s gotten so far anyways) is fecking idiotic. I’d have much more of an issue if he was putting up a Nunez of last season level of miss catalogue, but I don’t know if he even has one BCM yet

Ludens the Red

I have no idea what he’s waffling about. Hojlund had one real “chance” which was the header he won that went straight at the keeper. That’s it. I guess you can count when he lobbed the keeper which was good but cleared off the line.

Expecting him to bag every half chance (when that’s basically all he’s gotten so far anyways) is fecking idiotic. I’d have much more of an issue if he was putting up a Nunez of last season level of miss catalogue, but I don’t know if he even has one BCM yet
Thank you. Took the words out of my mouth. Halaand and salah miss about 3-4 clear chances per game but still score bucketloads because another 3-4 come along. Hoijlund is literally feeding off scraps.
Like you can question not signing another forward but what’s that got to do with hoijlund. I dunno how people sat through that shit and thought “I know I’ll have a pop at hoijlund”…
The ten Hag, Bruno, rashford, Casemiro threads have plenty space.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent

Header, lob, that turn in a penalty box. Good PL striker should score one of those. Man Utd striker should score 2. Your standards for strikers are really low.

And yes, i watch games. And i see a striker whos movement is very questionable (because he is way too often not on right position) and a striker who is certainly not a natural finisher.

CloneMC16

His first touch is really bad. The ball bounces off him way too often.

This is pretty much what I was expecting from him, though. He obviously isn't the finished article and we have to wait to see better. He's going to need at least a season to improve.

Lyng

Header, lob, that turn in a penalty box. Good PL striker should score one of those. Man Utd striker should score 2. Your standards for strikers are really low.

And yes, i watch games. And i see a striker whos movement is very questionable (because he is way too often not on right position) and a striker who is certainly not a natural finisher.
He is great at positioning. It's why he scored so much on the national team. But our team is not used to that and they need to learn each others running patterns.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Ah yes because every Man United striker has averaged 2 goals a game with 100% conversion rate. Give me a fecking break. He's feeding off literal scraps and you're saying normal United strikers bag 2 of those. Pure delusion

Valencia Shin Crosses

His first touch is really bad. The ball bounces off him way too often.

This is pretty much what I was expecting from him, though. He obviously isn't the finished article and we have to wait to see better. He's going to need at least a season to improve.
Yeah I mean it's the one thing I was worried about with him. I think he's a very dangerous prospect as a classic off ball/movement type striker but for players like him you need an excellent functioning team that's willing to create for that type of player. Which we haven't had since... Lukaku's first season maybe? Because if you aren't then Hojlund just becomes a passenger. It's just a weird combo with him in the middle of Rashford and (soon enough) Antony, neither of whom have ever been creative players.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

The price we paid is ridiculous. Especially as he cannot do anything on his own. Its like getting a racing pipe for your car although the engine is stuttering.

CloneMC16

Yeah I mean it's the one thing I was worried about with him. I think he's a very dangerous prospect as a classic off ball/movement type striker but for players like him you need an excellent functioning team that's willing to create for that type of player. Which we haven't had since... Lukaku's first season maybe? Because if you aren't then Hojlund just becomes a passenger. It's just a weird combo with him in the middle of Rashford and (soon enough) Antony, neither of whom have ever been creative players.
It's been a running theme for all of our strikers. We barely create them any chances. Rashford not passing makes it harder. Antony is the same. Both players want to cut inside and shoot. I still think a more experienced striker probably scores one today.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
I'm sure he has potential, but right now he looks like Weghorst with a bit of pace.

That said, I still like that he does things a striker should. He's in the right places, making the right runs and holding up the ball. Something we don't see when Martial or Rashford play as a 9.

Valencia Shin Crosses

It's been a running theme for all of our strikers. We barely create them any chances. Rashford not passing makes it harder. Antony is the same. Both players want to cut inside and shoot. I still think a more experienced striker probably scores one today.
I mean I think if we are going to continue with Rashford (and hopefully a better RW), then you'd be better off with someone more similar to Martial in the middle that's technical and willing to drop deeper to give Rashford the space to cut inwards. As it stands right now Garnacho is a much better fit with Hojlund

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Of all the players to criticize I don't get the going after Rasmus at this point. If you want to critize the club for the price paid or not signing a more senior backup striker then im completely with you. I think he's showing promise and a good work rate and at this point I didn't expect much more. I do think someone like Rashford is holding him back a bit. He clearly is more a pinch hitter than a creator and for that we simply need more runs into the box and shots on goal.

Bwuk

I like him, but it’s ridiculous that we spent so much money on a 20 year old and expected him to come in and solve our issues.

TempusFugit

He's 20. Twenty years old. Younger than Pellistri and Amad, same age as Hannibal. It's ridiculous that we're putting so much pressure on him to be our main striker, at any other serious club he'd have an experienced world class striker to learn from and mostly come on as a sub.Martial is not that player but i do think Højlund could learn a thing or two from him.

Reactions: Fortitude

Raven

Think he'll end up a good player for us but should be behind Martial in the pecking order for now.