2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

redshaw

Our attacking players are struggling in the Premier League but have scored well in the CL groups stages. While we drew with Gala we did have a lot of room to play and move past their players, we got undone by keeper errors.

To me he looks a good prospect in the goals he's scored, his pace but is at the wrong club. The cross from Rashford on the right for him to score sticks out in my mind, it's a rare thing to have a cross and he would have a lot of joy elsewhere. United is a very poor functioning team/club, I feel Kane would be cutting a frustrated tired figure.

Herculean

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
forlan vibes

Not gonna quite work out for him here. Move to Spain in a few years and destroy the league

I hope it does happen for him here. He came at a bad time…still have faith
Make up your mind:houllier::lol:

I believe in him; he just needs more service

L1nk

Is he getting away with it a bit?

Lets be honest if he was playing for City or Pool he'd be getting hammered on here.
If he was playing for City or Pool, who are actually good, he’d be scoring more goals.

Everyone in this thread wants to complain yet he’s our joint top scorer in all competitions this season, so what does that say about the rest of these professionals that some ‘not good enough’ 20 year old in his first Prem season in a shocking United team is joint top? Hojlund is the least of our problems this team is absolutely dogshit and plays worse.

Hate this forum sometimes, full of some of the most breathtakingly shit takes you’ll ever see from a football fanbase

Dearg hÉireann

It looked a massive gamble when we signed him for stupid money and it definitely hasn't been a success thus far but I think any striker in world football would struggle for goals in this united team. Spunking 70 odd million on an unproven 20 year old to be the main striker when the only back up is Anthony "sick note lazy twat" Martial is right up there as one of the biggest cock ups in transfer decisions that United have made and Christ there's been plenty in fairness.

AndySmith1990

It's quite impressive how consistent we are at getting big money transfers so wrong. You'd almost think it's sabotage by a scouser who has infiltrated the club using a fake CV

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
It's not fair on him to be the main striker at his age and experience level. The best situation for him would have been too be an understudy to a world class striker so he would not have the pressure to develop immediately and lead the line. It's an incredibly difficult situation for him where many talented strikers would struggle to get going.

I would say it's another example of poor recruitment whereby we brought in a clearly talented player who wasn't ready yet to be the main striker for a club as big as United, but then again it would not have been difficult to understand that looking at his record. So I can only hope we knew this would potentially happen from the start and see prepared to go the long haul with him.

There are talented players in the squad, the problem is they are being relied upon the most as well to perform and that's never a good sign for a team.

Woziak

Our attacking players are struggling in the Premier League but have scored well in the CL groups stages. While we drew with Gala we did have a lot of room to play and move past their players, we got undone by keeper errors.

To me he looks a good prospect in the goals he's scored, his pace but is at the wrong club. The cross from Rashford on the right for him to score sticks out in my mind, it's a rare thing to have a cross and he would have a lot of joy elsewhere. United is a very poor functioning team/club, I feel Kane would be cutting a frustrated tired figure.
Kane would take control of this overhyped squad and be the main man instantly but he would never join this shambolic club!

TheRedDevil'sAdvocate

It's quite impressive how consistent we are at getting big money transfers so wrong. You'd almost think it's sabotage by a scouser who has infiltrated the club using a fake CV
That happens when people refuse to learn from their previous mistakes. Remember back in the summer of 2015 when the only viable option we had up front was a well past it Rooney? What did we do? We paid a record fee for a teenager with fewer than 60 competitive games (in a one of the top ranked European leagues). We put all our eggs in that particular basket. What followed was us getting eliminated in the group phase of the CL and finishing outside the top-four with only 49 goals scored. Fast-forward 8 summers later. Our only option to lead the line is the same teenager, who has failed to fulfil his potential and suffers from injury problems. What did we do? We broke the bank for another teenager with fewer than 60 completive games under his belt. What could possibly go wrong? Now, we're out of the CL in December, and we can't buy a goal to save our lives. And to make things clear, i'm not blaming Hojlund for any of this. The lad busts a gut and tries his best whenever he gets out there. But mark my words, the first thing the next manager is going to ask for is a big budget for a new forward. Good luck with that.

Last edited:

Heinzesight

From the eye test, I reckon he will be very good for us. He came injured, looked fantastic when he was fully fit, then got injured again. On his latest injury, I’d heard his next game back was going to be the scousers so wouldn’t be surprised he’s nowhere near fit at all.

Woziak

Rasmus looks raw, he has huge potential and will come good but needs to be understudy to a proven number 9 like Toney or Osimhen.

He would be best served by the club, getting 100% fit and managing his back problem.

I think he could also play inverted right striker in a 3 as he has the physical attributes to work back for the team. This season he should be only playing 25-30 games and if he scored 10-12 goals that would be a huge success, however United want a 20 year old with back problems which they knew about to play 50-55 games and lead the line, scoring 25-30 goals, you just can’t fathom who makes these decisions at the club ?

But a hard infrastructure reset is needed asap.

Neil_Buchanan

Cock'd
Clearly the wrong signing, I like him but it’s too much too soon to make him our first choice with no reliable back up. Plus we create zero chances, absolutely no creativity on the wings. Feel sorry for the kid.

Apokalips

This was inevitable. He is an unproven kid and made to lead the line here and score at a level he has yet to show capability of at this level.

He may turn out great in the coming years but he is not an Mbappe or Haaland level wonderkid and should not be the number 1 choice at United yet, it's not fair on him or us.

Zico1982

The things you can read in here...

Name one chance, he should have put away yesterday. Just one.

You can´t. There was nothing. Zero.

But....

Perhaps he should just have fallen back to help defense and midfield out to even get at the ball, then dribbled his way through the entire Toons squad and nutmegged the Pope. Twice. Easy. That would have done the job.

But...

He is shite. I mean. He cost a lot of money, and therefore should have done a lot better. Anyone knows that´s how it works.

Or is it?

Rasmus is 20, our joint top scorer in his first premier league season, came injured, is clearly not really fit (or else he would have started the game), does not get any service at all, and is still expected to carry an amputated, dysfunctional, abysmal team against a really good Newcastle yesterday. Why in the world did he not save us?

Decide for yourself...

Rojofiam

If he was playing for City or Pool, who are actually good, he’d be scoring more goals.

Everyone in this thread wants to complain yet he’s our joint top scorer in all competitions this season, so what does that say about the rest of these professionals that some ‘not good enough’ 20 year old in his first Prem season in a shocking United team is joint top? Hojlund is the least of our problems this team is absolutely dogshit and plays worse.

Hate this forum sometimes, full of some of the most breathtakingly shit takes you’ll ever see from a football fanbase
I thought the masses would at least see it with Hojlund, because it's so glaringly obvious that he's a massive talent...but I guess no, it's RedCafe we're talking about after all...

Rojofiam

From the eye test, I reckon he will be very good for us. He came injured, looked fantastic when he was fully fit, then got injured again. On his latest injury, I’d heard his next game back was going to be the scousers so wouldn’t be surprised he’s nowhere near fit at all.
He's basically been a 1 in 2 type of striker playing in a team that doesn't create anything for him. Other than maybe Haaland there isn't any poacher type out there that would have scored more goals for this United site this season.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
He's basically been a 1 in 2 type of striker playing in a team that doesn't create anything for him. Other than maybe Haaland there isn't any poacher type out there that would have scored more goals for this United site this season.
Well, he didn't set bar too high.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Nonsense. Absolute nonsense.

Hojlund’s struggled the PL, there are a handful of strikers who have done better than him - some for lesser teams ffs.

The excuses have to stop.

He was a ‘potential signing’ for silly money for a side that desperately needed (and still needs) a capable PL striker - call it as it is.

AFC NimbleThumb

We should have sent the Hojlund, Mount, Onana money on building a functional midfield.

Put Kane up trip in this team & he’d be feeding on less than scraps.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
It's okay, not everyone can judge whether a player is talented or not.
I explained that many times already. I have no doubts about his talent. But he was simply wrong signing in terms what we needed. Even you (if i am not mistaken) said that he is raw and needs to learn still. And he needs to learn a lot.
So basically we entered into this season with raw striker and Martial who is everything but reliable striker. That is awful squad planning.

I will be over the moon if he scores goals in next two home games.

lex talionis

Others have said this and I’ll say it again: we should have brought in two strikers with Hojlund as the backup. If Hojlund couldn’t be bought for less than an insane transfer fee then so be it. But he wasn’t ready for the PL this season. He’s got tons of potential, but to expect him to lead the line for United was pure madness by the club. Many said this at the time and they were not proven wrong.

Rojofiam

I explained that many times already. I have no doubts about his talent. But he was simply wrong signing in terms what we needed. Even you (if i am not mistaken) said that he is raw and needs to learn still. And he needs to learn a lot.
So basically we entered into this season with raw striker and Martial who is everything but reliable striker. That is awful squad planning.

I will be over the moon if he scores goals in next two home games.
I think he's ready, just plays in a dysfunctional side. If he was at Arsenal or City he would have hit double digits weeks ago already.

Also, I agree that we ideally needed someone like Kane or similar, but like I said, who was out there on the market? Every half-decent striker has went for huge money these last 1-2 years: Núnez, Isak, Lukaku, Richarlison, Kane, Kolo Muani, Ramos, etc. Do you think any of these guys bar Kane would be scoring a ton of goals for this United side? I'd much rather pay 65 million for a 20 year old that our scouting department believes will be the better option eventually.

Also, if you haven't noticed, we are re-entering the era of big, strong and pacey strikers whose most important job is to be at the end of chances: Haaland, Hojlund, Ferguson, Núnez, Osimhen. The poacher role has become a trend again and I'm just happy that we got one of the best talents at 20 to lead the line for us.

OrcaFat

Nonsense. Absolute nonsense.

Hojlund’s struggled the PL, there are a handful of strikers who have done better than him - some for lesser teams ffs.

The excuses have to stop.

He was a ‘potential signing’ for silly money for a side that desperately needed (and still needs) a capable PL striker - call it as it is.
Why do the excuses have to stop? If they are genuine excuses then they don’t need to stop do they?

Would be nice if he’d score a few but he’s not missing loads of chances. He gets in the box, he puts himself about, he stretches the opposition defence. He’s a good player. He’ll get plenty of goals but it might not be a huge glut anytime soon because the whole team needs to buck up.

city-puma

If we paid 40mil to get him, there wouldn’t be this much complaints and disappointment here. The same can be applied to almost every player we bought under ETH, except Malacia.
DOF must be fired!

RedDevil [NC]

In the Mountains of NC watching United like its my
Honestly any striker in this team would struggle. I think he has a huge upside but this team doesnt help him at all. If he were on a team that gave him decent service he would be top 5 in goals no doubt, his quality shows with his champions league campaign.
Aside from that when hes on the pitch he actually looks like he wants to be there and shows passion, thats more than than any other striker we have other than flashes from garnacho.

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
Why do the excuses have to stop? If they are genuine excuses then they don’t need to stop do they?

Would be nice if he’d score a few but he’s not missing loads of chances. He gets in the box, he puts himself about, he stretches the opposition defence. He’s a good player. He’ll get plenty of goals but it might not be a huge glut anytime soon because the whole team needs to buck up.
I get it, I just don’t buy the narrative that due to Utd not absolutely flying Hojlund is somehow expected to produce literally nothing.

Let me explain why.

When you compare Hojlund’s PL output with other strikers who play for teams below Utd in the PL, in some cases for literal relegation fodder, and who have played similar minutes to Hojlund, in many cases LESS MINUTES than him, this is what you get…

Hojlund - Man Utd (7th in PL) 675 minutes - 0 goals - 0 assists

Foster - Burnley (19th in PL) - 609 minutes (less than Hojlund) - 3 goals - 2 assists

Amdouni Burnley - 888 minutes - 2 goals - 1 assist

Archer - Sheffield Utd (20th in PL) - 851 minutes - 2 goals - 1 assist

Jackson - Chelsea (10th in PL) - 987 minutes - 6 goals - 1 assist

Ferguson - Brighton - (8th in PL) - 743 minutes - 6 goals - 0 assists

Semenyo - Bournemouth (16th in PL) - 556 minutes (less than Hojlund) - 3 goals - 2 assists

DCL - Everton - (18th in PL) 654 minutes (less than Hojlund) - 3 goals - 0 assists

Awoniyi - Nottingham Forest (15th in PL) - 654 minutes (less than Hojlund) - 4 goals - 2 assists

Chris Wood - Nott Forest - 398 minutes (less than Hojlund) - 3 goals - 0 assists

Antonio - West Ham (9th in PL) - 812 minutes - 2 goals - 2 assists

Neil fecking Maupay - Brentford (11th in PL) - 480 minutes (less than Hojlund) - 2 goals - 2 assists

Again, this list is comprised only of strikers in teams BELOW Utd, and who have played similar minutes to Hojlund, in many cases less minutes.

If it’s acceptable for Hojlund to produce nothing because Utd aren’t absolutely flying, then NONE of these guys should have anything. Instead, they’re all producing. It’s a weak minded, excuse-culture narrative that needs to stop.

Does this mean Hojlund is useless? No, of course not - look at his output in the CL.

But it means he needs to do a lot better - even when only being compared to a very low standard level.

L1nk

Yeah, because he scores a lot so i must choose right timing.:smirk:
Why do you want this guy and the team to fail, just some smug poster wanting our players to fail you are actually not a fan of this club at all. What would Kane honestly do for this team? What would having Kane in our team do for our CL campaign when Hojlund is already our top scorer?

You people who claim signing Kane would have been the be all and end all really piss me off, because signing Kane would not have fixed our atrocious wing play, shockingly absent midfield, and our floundering defense. I actually think striker is the least of our problems this season.

Blood Mage

I called it at the start but was ridiculed. He runs around a lot and gets stuck in but he doesn't have any real quality, he's West Ham level. Another joke signing for the money we paid.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
20 year old, 10 games in, in a dysfunctional team.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here lads, maybe give him a bit of time?

lex talionis

We expected way too much from Rasmus. In time he’ll come good, but the idea of chucking him into this dysfunctional club and expecting him to score 5 PL goals in his first season was fukking daft.

L1nk

I called it at the start but was ridiculed. He runs around a lot and gets stuck in but he doesn't have any real quality, he's West Ham level. Another joke signing for the money we paid.
Absolute clown post but not surprising :lol: