2023-24 Performances

View full 2023-24 profile

5.4 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Rojofiam

He has 5 goals and zero assists in 16 games. First choice Man Utd striker.
If that is good season then.......
The stats don't tell the whole story in this case. If you have an eye for talent you could tell very early that he's going to be great.

Also, he's played the equivalent of 12 games if you count his minutes, had 2 goals disallowed and at one point the team didn't generate a single chance for him for more than 160 minutes in the league.

EDIT: He's tall, strong, pacey, getting into really good positions be arrive at the end of chances and he has surprisingly good technique for a striker. He also seems to be up for the occasion every time we play a big game and didn't look intimidated at all vs Arsenal or Bayern's defenders when we played them. He has all the tools to be a world class poacher and it seems like his mentality is great too.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
The stats don't tell the whole story in this case. If you have an eye for talent you could tell very early that he's going to be great.

Also, he's played the equivalent of 12 games if you count his minutes, had 2 goals disallowed and at one point the team didn't generate a single chance for him for more than 160 minutes in the league.
We are talking here about his form, performances and impact this sesson, not his potential or talent.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Do you always talk about things with absolutely no context whatsoever?
What is context here exactly? That he is talented and has potential to be top no9 in the future? Yes, he is. But do we need to look at his every performance based on that?

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
And who was Rashford then? Rasmus is several times more efficient than Rashford this season
He’s been the biggest disappointment of all.

Funny that his performances have tanked after getting that huge juicy contract extension.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
He’s been the biggest disappointment of all.

Funny that his performances have tanked after getting that huge juicy contract extension.
Not related but you crack on with the slagging off mate. I'd recommend going for a beer.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
He's been hampered by our woeful attacking play. Put him in a team that actually can attack properly on a consistent basis and you'd see much more from the lad.

AndySmith1990

EDIT: He's tall, strong, pacey, getting into really good positions be arrive at the end of chances and he has surprisingly good technique for a striker. He also seems to be up for the occasion every time we play a big game and didn't look intimidated at all vs Arsenal or Bayern's defenders when we played them. He has all the tools to be a world class poacher and it seems like his mentality is great too.
The stats tell as much story as is needed. Strikers are rated based on how many goals they score. That's how it's always worked. That's their primary job.

If Haaland had 5 goals this season - and none in the league - no one on here would be coming to his defence saying "ah but he had a couple ruled out for being offside". We'd be laughing at his shit form.

It is what it is. Doesn't mean he wont keep improving and one day be a top striker, but right now he's not a £70m forward ready to lead the line for United. Not that it's his fault. Ten Hag's disastrous recruitment has put us in this situation

Garethw

With context ofcourse you are. You are essentially suggesting he's on the take.
That isn’t what I’m suggesting at all.
Do you not agree that his form has hit rock bottom since signing that new contract?

I can fully accept drops in form, but I can’t remember the last time that Rashford looked and played as though he gave a shit.

It’s frustrating as feck as there is a truly great player there.

Garethw

The stats tell as much story as is needed. Strikers are rated based on how many goals they score. That's how it's always worked. That's their primary job.

If Haaland had 5 goals this season - and none in the league - no one on here would be coming to his defence saying "ah but he had a couple ruled out for being offside". We'd be laughing at his shit form.

It is what it is. Doesn't mean he wont keep improving and one day be a top striker, but right now he's not a £70m forward ready to lead the line for United. Not that it's his fault. Ten Hag's disastrous recruitment has put us in this situation
100% agree.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
And yet like another poster pointed out was doing much better at the same age range as Hoijlund has for Atalanta and us. Not saying Hoijlund won't come good but it's an interesting short term comparison.
And yet Lukaku came to Utd in his prime and was worse than Hojland is now. I wouldn’t trade those players at all.

Rojofiam

RedCafe and bringing out irrelevant, stupid examples to prove your point. Name a more iconic duo.

So if Haaland had 5 goals this season you would be laughing at him and this proves that Hojlund is shit and/or in shit form?

Rojofiam

Nah he hasn't. You're just saying that because he plays for us. If Arsenal had signed him for example I doubt you'd think the same.
If Arsenal had signed him he would be on at least 15 goals already, and the Caf would be crying that we let another hidden gem join a rival like Alvarez.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Lukaku scored 16 league goals and 27 in total in his first season. In what way is that worse than Hojlund?
Football is an entertainment and watching Lukaku is akin to having my balls rubbed with sandpaper. Fecking horrific footballer.

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I don't mind that he's dropped, he's clearly more of a prospect and I think it's the right moment to give Martial a chance, or a kick in the ass.

samlee86

No goals in the Premier League by December.

Definitely starting to worry.

Martial look so much more accomplished against Everton. Shame he can’t stay fit.

Think Hojland might be on of those strikers who doesn’t score many goals. Which is fine if he works hard for the team in other areas but he hardly had a touch against Galatasaray.

For £70m he needs to contribute something to the team. We can’t afford any passengers

TsuWave

He’s 20 years old leading the line for a team with a lot of issues, and he’s had some fitness hindrances. Be patient

tomaldinho1

Conpared to the like of Isak or even Nunez he is static as hell.
Whilst this isn’t true to anyone with eyes, I do think he’s too bulky and therefore slow off the mark. Not sure he won any headers either which I assumed he’d be quite good at.

Bobski

Bad combination for a forward to both not be scoring goals and also not contributing in general play.

Pughnichi

forlan vibes

Not gonna quite work out for him here. Move to Spain in a few years and destroy the league

I hope it does happen for him here. He came at a bad time…still have faith

tentan

Poor man's poster.
Is he getting away with it a bit?

Lets be honest if he was playing for City or Pool he'd be getting hammered on here.