View full 2023-24 profile

5.5 Season Average Rating
Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

Foolsgold21

Really happy with him - clearly has it.

Is it too early to say I’m glad we signed him over Kane?

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
where are you all?

This is just a taster from this thread of the shite thrown this kids way a few months into his debut season, absolutely shameless.
:lol: What is it with you people, he was no where near good enough that night and did look lost. I still think he’s too young and not good enough to be relied upon to be the leading striker for us, it’s not fair on him and he should have someone older and more established here to learn from and take the heat off him.

great goal today though

Faetheshire86

He's gone from rotation option at Atalanta to being the sole #9 at Man Utd, his boyhood club. At the age of 20. In a team ravaged with injuries. Plagued with off-field issues and ill discipline. Looking disjointed on-field. Playing with two inverted wingers who create next to nothing for him. What he has shown so far has been mightily impressive. Anyone having a go at him earlier in the season needs a reality check.

Even the goal today, although assisted by Casemiro, was basically an interception that fell to him with lots to do. It feels like we are struggling to create one good chance for him a game. Until we can fix that tactically, we shouldn't be surprised if he goes through another drought.

YouOnlyLiveTwice

:lol: What is it with you people, he was no where near good enough that night and did look lost. I still think he’s too young and not good enough to be relied upon to be the leading striker for us, it’s not fair on him and he should have someone older and more established here to learn from and take the heat off him.

great goal today though
Why does he have to learn to from someone other than coaches? He needs to play football and get better at what he already does.

L1nk

great goal today though
It's not about whether he has a bad game or not, even I mentioned he had a bad game - it's people slagging him unnecessary and writing him off badly a few months into his debut season here whilst barely giving the guy a chance, just incredible behaviour.

Jev

where are you all?

This is just a taster from this thread of the shite thrown this kids way a few months into his debut season, absolutely shameless.
100 percent stand by what I wrote in that quote, it was just basic facts. But he’s been good lately, particularly today where I thought he was spectacular and did everything right. It’s great to see.

Abraxas

great goal today though
He'll never be good enough without investment in him on the pitch, a handful of sub appearances and minor appearances in lower pressure games wouldn't be the same development if he was playing second fiddle. The question is who should be doing that to develop him as a player, us or a lower club. We can't have it all ways, we get constant complaints of overspending and not identifying talents early then we say they're not ready when we have to do some hard yards ourselves.

He's good enough to be worth investing in and we need to extract the diamond. I think in the current market it could be quite a shrewd decision we made even though there is a bit of short term pain in his early performances, but to be honest - given how inept many areas of the team have been it's not clear that we were ready to produce much this season anyway. So I'm not sure we've lost all that much by using Hojlund and giving him experience and there is potentially a huge payoff.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
This goal was top class goal. Something what you expect from Man Utd striker. Top move that.

Art

Art the artist
He’s got a great attitude on the pitch. One of my fav united players to watch.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
It's not about whether he has a bad game or not, even I mentioned he had a bad game - it's people slagging him unnecessary and writing him off badly a few months into his debut season here whilst barely giving the guy a chance, just incredible behaviour.
well you quoted me and asked where I was, so looks like it was about him having a bad game and looking lost against Bayern Munich

criticalanalysis

Some of us have been saying that he's been misused.
Given your posting history in this thread, claiming you'll be over the moon if he gets better than Nunez, Richarlison is better fit for us, that it's Hojlund's fault the other attackers are not providing service to him all, he's not a 'hold up' player, effectively defining his strengths and weaknesses at 20 years old, whilst he's barely 6 months into his Utd career, yeah all right mate :lol:

Seems like you're trying to write a narrative to suit your negative opinions. Suprise suprise.

where are you all?

You can add the guy above on the list.

spiriticon

where are you all?

Still here. Still reminding you that it's 4 league goals all season

Though he's on about 10 this season so far so I guess he's matched his Atalanta tally at least.

RyRy11

All this talk about about being 21... By my calculations Harry kane had 21 senior goals before the age of 21 and Hojlund 36. So why don't we give our players their due aye? He's improving with every game.

mu4c_20le

Given your posting history in this thread, claiming you'll be over the moon if he gets better than Nunez, Richarlison is better fit for us, that it's Hojlund's fault the other attackers are not providing service to him all, he's not a 'hold up' player, effectively defining his strengths and weaknesses at 20 years old, whilst he's barely 6 months into his Utd career, yeah all right mate :lol:

Seems like you're trying to write a narrative to suit your negative opinions. Suprise suprise.

You can add the guy above on the list.
I actually said that about Richarlison well before he hit form ;)

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
100 percent stand by what I wrote in that quote, it was just basic facts. But he’s been good lately, particularly today where I thought he was spectacular and did everything right. It’s great to see.
If I remember correctly FC Copenhagen lost their minds in the transfer window he went to Austria. They basically signed about five attacking players including Babacar, Claesson and Nicolai Jørgensen. It was a good decision on Højlund's part to get the hell out of there to somewhere with a path into the first team.

criticalanalysis

I actually said that about Richarlison well before he hit form ;)
I don't think form or not changes the ridiculous notion you'd preferred Richarlison, who's never scored more than 15 goals in a season in all club competitions :lol:

That's beside the point anyways, you've been extremely negative all season and given no benefit doubt on an obviously talented youngster whilst chiming in with those gems.

spiriticon

Hojlund is ok. He's got grit and I like that. He'll get a few years in this team at least to improve other aspects so he will get better.

I think the biggest issue is that I don't trust ten Hags judgment of a players potential

Robbie Boy

where are you all?

I'm not a fan of these "calling out" posts.

But, I did find a lot of the criticism over the top. He was a 20 year old lad playing as our starting striker in a messy setup with feck all service. He was showing glimpses of quality but just needed to get that bit of confidence.

Fts 74

Great goal today, a Rooney type goal I thought, he's coming along nicely, hopefully he keeps firing them in.

Longshanks

where are you all?

Still here, delighted he has found some form. One swallow doesn't make a summer though and the jury is very still out.

He has done well last few games though.

mu4c_20le

Richarlison has always been a good player tbh. He very much relies on confidence though, but when he's on it, he's an effective player.
Agree, he works hard for the team and can sometimes be a cnut to the opposition, but heard he's a great guy off the pitch.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
where are you all?

Hes not a 70m striker not sure 4 PL goals proves that to be wrong and I don’t see why you would pick that post of mine and not the ones where I said he has talent and is one for the future. Actually I know exactly why you picked it but again I will repeat. He is not a 70m striker.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
That arrogant celebration and cocky look to the camera. I fecking loved that!

Valencia Shin Crosses

Hes not a 70m striker not sure 4 PL goals proves that to be wrong and I don’t see why you would pick that post of mine and not the ones where I said he has talent and is one for the future. Actually I know exactly why you picked it but again I will repeat. He is not a 70m striker.
Please do show me what a "70m striker" looks like then, because I promise anyone you name wouldn't be able to be bought for that.

fecking mental whining about goals from a striker that has the least amount of service statistically in the entire fecking league. If he was sitting there constantly spooning chances like Nunez it would be more justified but give me a break

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
He'll never be good enough without investment in him on the pitch, a handful of sub appearances and minor appearances in lower pressure games wouldn't be the same development if he was playing second fiddle. The question is who should be doing that to develop him as a player, us or a lower club. We can't have it all ways, we get constant complaints of overspending and not identifying talents early then we say they're not ready when we have to do some hard yards ourselves.

He's good enough to be worth investing in and we need to extract the diamond. I think in the current market it could be quite a shrewd decision we made even though there is a bit of short term pain in his early performances, but to be honest - given how inept many areas of the team have been it's not clear that we were ready to produce much this season anyway. So I'm not sure we've lost all that much by using Hojlund and giving him experience and there is potentially a huge payoff.
I agree with all this really.

The post that someone dug out of mine to look clever was saying that he looked lost against Bayern Munich and not good enough, which he did look lost against them and did not look good enough. That’s not his fault and it’s not doubting his future potential but he was not ready for that, that’s not a problem.

If we want to win the premier league, champions league as we did in the past we bought the best… cole, Rooney, RVP. Hojlund is not that, that’s not his fault and it’s not his fault we are not ready for that.

if we had a world class striker, hojlund would still get his games to learn his trade but without the massive pressure of instantly being the one to provide our goals against the best teams in the best competitions when he’s not ready. As it is, we’re out of the champions league anyway and a million miles from a title race this year

OL29

Wasn’t he £60m+ add-ons? In the day and age when £60m gets you Richarlison (who’s been good this season admittedly), I don’t think that’s unreasonable. Bare in mind that Hojlund was bought mostly for his potential.

Drainy

Wasn’t he £60m+ add-ons? In the day and age when £60m gets you Richarlison (who’s been good this season admittedly), I don’t think that’s unreasonable. Bare in mind that Hojlund was bought mostly for his potential.
And we weren't the only big club in for him either

Ricardo de la Vega

where are you all?

Beautiful work. Make a list of these guys and remember to gauge their future opinions accordingly.

Greyfog

Supports
Enugu Rangers
Pure quality, pure class. The next big thing and he is here already. Price tag will be a bargain by season end. Wow.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Even now the thread is descending into a competition between wankheads to see which one can be right about a player. None of us are scouts. Well, I am but maybe not for long if I keep calling fellow posters "wankheads"...