Appearances
Goals
Assists
Yellow cards

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
deep down i have a fear that his danishness is going to hold him back. when he’s supposed to be at the training ground practising his finishing, is he instead going to be driving to ikea in his volvo?

Mike Smalling

The doubters cling very hard to the 4 Premier League goals, but really it is 10 goals in 28 appearances, which is not too shabby given he circumstances. He is top scorer in a team that simply doesn't score a lot of goals. Even his goal today came a bit out of nothing - he had to make the shooting opportunity himself after Casemiro's nice tackle. If he can get another five this season, that would be a pretty good tally for him.

Maagge

enjoys sex, doesn't enjoy women not into ONS
Wasn’t he £60m+ add-ons? In the day and age when £60m gets you Richarlison (who’s been good this season admittedly), I don’t think that’s unreasonable. Bare in mind that Hojlund was bought mostly for his potential.
Plus his wages are bound to be much lower than someone more established.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Please do show me what a "70m striker" looks like then, because I promise anyone you name wouldn't be able to be bought for that.

fecking mental whining about goals from a striker that has the least amount of service statistically in the entire fecking league. If he was sitting there constantly spooning chances like Nunez it would be more justified but give me a break
Especially when he was underperforming his xG also I didn't moan. Its almost like you can’t have an opinion in this place

Alemar

The doubters cling very hard to the 4 Premier League goals, but really it is 10 goals in 28 appearances, which is not too shabby given he circumstances.
He is at 167 min per G or A this year, so 0.54 G/A per 90.

For comparison purposes:
Rashford - 0.50 G/A per 90
McTominay - 0.49 G/A per 90
Bruno - 0.46 G/A per 90
Casemiro - 0.45 G/A per 90
Garnacho - 0.41 G/A per 90

Last edited:

Cantonalegod

deep down i have a fear that his danishness is going to hold him back. when he’s supposed to be at the training ground practising his finishing, is he instead going to be driving to ikea in his volvo?
Both of which are Sweedish!

Cassidy

Wasn’t he £60m+ add-ons? In the day and age when £60m gets you Richarlison (who’s been good this season admittedly), I don’t think that’s unreasonable. Bare in mind that Hojlund was bought mostly for his potential.
Yes for his potential we got our pants pulled down. Its ok though because as I pointed out already I advocated for his signing as someone who actually watched him at Atalanta

Rojofiam

where are you all?

This is just a taster from this thread of the shite thrown this kids way a few months into his debut season, absolutely shameless.
Nooo, you're too impatient. Need to wait with these until the end of the season. :D

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
Really happy with his recent performances. I must admit I had begun to grow concerned but happy to be wrong.

AshRK

where are you all?

This is just a taster from this thread of the shite thrown this kids way a few months into his debut season, absolutely shameless.
I am here and have also categorically praised him for his goals as well. Never wrote him off. Scoring 0 goals in PL while we entered December was a concern. Hardly a shit when he did look lost here.

Anyways I am glad he is scoring goals

AnotherLondonManc

More of a Swedish problem, no? In fact, I'm pretty sure this is exactly why Lindelof never made it at United. That, and too many horse meatballs

Dominos

10 goals for the season, he should get to 15+ which makes it an ok return given he's young and the team he's playing with is dreadful who barely create anything. Definitely promising signs, I think his all round game is looking good too.

I'd love to see him get to 20+ but I suspect he'll fall short even if he scores 1 in 2 for the rest of the season we may not have enough games left.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
if he was less spotty do you think the other players would pass to him more?

RepardReece

Glad he's currently proving doubters on here wrong. Could see clear as day how good he could be for us, just took time.
Reading these comments last month was a shambles.

OL29

Yes for his potential we got our pants pulled down. Its ok though because as I pointed out already I advocated for his signing as someone who actually watched him at Atalanta
I think it’s unfair to say we had our pants pulled down at that price for a player we’d expect to become a 20 goal a season striker for us in the near future. His combination of size and speed is hard to find, and when you add his age to the equation he looks like he’ll be looked at as a smart signing for that price before long.

Rojofiam

Loser post
Your posts about him struggling vs Munich are fine, don't worry. :)

However, some actual loser posts:

"20 year old Weghorst" "pathetic" "he will be loaned and never seen again" "another shit signing" "waste of money" "championship level player" "got our pants pulled down with him" "nothing to suggest he's immensely talented", and many more like these.

All of these about a 20 year old striker coming into the hardest league in the world, into a dysfunctional side, under immense pressure due to playing for United and having a huge price tag. He was getting almost zero service, when his game is heavily dependent on that.

His IMMENSE talent was already evident back in September, by the way. You just had to watch him. People don't know how to judge talent and try to act smart based on nothing but stats, because he had a goal drought.

But even his stats are fine now, as the sample size was nowhere near big enough to draw conclusions anyway.

Loser post
Claiming that a guy who has 10 goals for the season, has just 4 goals, sounds much more like the loser in fairness, especially when you’re also a poster who constantly shits on how terrible we are as a team at creating chances and how our football is “painful”.
People have called him all sorts, and certainly look like the losers in this one. He definitely won’t be loaned and never heard of again that’s for sure.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Hojlund has real talent. If we played to his strengths more he'd score more. Its that simple. For some reason we play in a way that doesn't make most of his speed in behind or his strength in duels with defenders. I guess it'll come eventually...

...I hope.

Cassidy

I think it’s unfair to say we had our pants pulled down at that price for a player we’d expect to become a 20 goal a season striker for us in the near future. His combination of size and speed is hard to find, and when you add his age to the equation he looks like he’ll be looked at as a smart signing for that price before long.
They paid 17m euros for him a year before its not unfair we did get our pants pulled down but its not that unusual for the club.

Having said that hes a good player so its all good

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Claiming that a guy who has 10 goals for the season, has just 4 goals, sounds much more like the loser in fairness, especially when you’re also a poster who constantly shits on how terrible we are as a team at creating chances and how our football is “painful”.
People have called him all sorts, and certainly look like the losers in this one. He definitely won’t be loaned and never heard of again that’s for sure.
Are you for real?

GwilDor

Really fascinating how reactive and short sighted we are as a community. I´m no better at times, so not saying i´m any different. Lots of guys have pointed out his age and being new to the league. I just hope we don´t forget the good spells when the droughts and/or poor performances come around again. That goes not just for Højlund btw, we´ll have periods of poor performance from all our youngsters, and i hope we keep showing support for the likes of Garnacho and Mainoo when they hit a dry spell.

Rojofiam

Really fascinating how reactive and short sighted we are as a community. I´m no better at times, so not saying i´m any different. Lots of guys have pointed out his age and being new to the league. I just hope we don´t forget the good spells when the droughts and/or poor performances come around again. That goes not just for Højlund btw, we´ll have periods of poor performance from all our youngsters, and i hope we keep showing support for the likes of Garnacho and Mainoo when they hit a dry spell.
The last 11 years heavily play into it. Patience hasn't really worked out with our managers and most players who didn't start out well. That's why everyone is labelled a flop after a few weeks these days, unless they hit the ground running like...Bruno and Zlatan, I guess?

Twins

"Everybody loves a golden shower"
That's a terrible take, both Ikea and Volvo are Norwegian like Ibrahimovic.

Mike Smalling

People are extremely busy trying to score points about how they were right, or might still be right, in their original assessment of Højlund, and whether we overpaid or not. Right now we should just be happy that he seems to be growing as a player and is doing well for the team. Today's goal I didn't really think he had in his locker, because I haven't seen it from him before (meaning the little dummy and powerful right foot finish). Hopefully he has more like that to show us.

He's still a young striker playing in an inconsistent team that doesn't create a lot of chances, so there will surely be more ups and downs for him. Five goals in five games doesn't make him a finished product. But he seems to have a good baseline of ability, a really good mentality and time on his side. I look forward to watching him again next week.

Oranges038

Getting better every week, that goal today was lovely, did the hard work and just battered it into the corner, remember Ruud used to do that at times, no fuss no dicking about, just pure power.

He also seems quite mature and comes across well in interviews. Hopefully he keeps this up.

People are extremely busy trying to score points about how they were right, or might still be right, in their original assessment of Højlund….
In fairness, I think one poster was simply annoyed that so many had completely written off a 20 year old despite a good Champions League campaign and playing in a side really struggling to create anything.

Why the funk are people so determined to judge after such a short time with a young kid? Just give it a little time ffs, it’s really not much to ask as fans.
Crazier still is just how many replied standing by their original claims rather than just saying “Aye, I was probably a bit too quick to judge, I won’t make that mistake again, let’s get behind the lad & see how he develops over the next couple of seasons”.

My thoughts on Højlund haven’t changed much, we took a chance on him at a large price due to huge potential, PSG were also prepared to do similar but not go as big. That means at least two big CL clubs really rated him, and since then he shown real potential at times, and currently he’s looking like he could develop into a very good PL striker. I don’t need to call him shite, a waste of money or amazing… and why the funk would anyone else?

Last edited:

Hester_manc

Strange....The discussion on this site among some fans about whether Højlund is better than Wout seems to be dead.

Valencia Shin Crosses

Especially when he was underperforming his xG also I didn't moan. Its almost like you can’t have an opinion in this place
Sure you can have an opinion, doesn't mean it's not going to be called out.

And he was underperforming his xG by a pretty small margin and his xG was very low anyways (because he's shoots far less than our wingers). It's not like he's Nicolas Jackson or Nunez with BCM's every game.

Valencia Shin Crosses

In fairness, I think one poster was simply annoyed that so many had completely written off a 20 year old despite a good Champions League campaign and playing in a side really struggling to create anything.

Why the funk are people so determined to judge after such a short time with a young kid? Just give it a little time ffs, it’s really not much to ask as fans.
Crazier still is just how many replied standing by their original claims rather than just saying “Aye, I was probably a bit too quick to judge, I won’t make that mistake again, let’s get behind the lad & see how he develops over the next couple of seasons”.

My thoughts on Højlund haven’t changed much, we took a chance on him at a large price due to huge potential, PSG were also prepared to do similar but not go as big. That means at least two big CL clubs really rated him, and since then he shown real potential at times, and currently he’s looking like he could develop into a very good PL striker. I don’t need to call him shite, a waste of money or amazing… and why the funk would anyone else?
Exactly. I think there are certain times that it's obvious a player is a complete flop/fraud that you can tell pretty quickly. Antony being a good recent example, you watch him for 10 games and you see all you need to in terms of deficiencies and ineffectiveness. But a 20yo physical freak profile striker in his first season feeding off possibly the worst service in the league (not exaggerating) just isn't the same case in any which way.